Review of Plumbingforce

Barnet, England EN5, United Kingdom
Tel: 0808 252 2868

stephenr367
12/4/19
Engineer left boiler at risk of explosion said would return to fix the fault he personally created. Did not return, needed to call emergency number as risk of explosion, Plumbing Force was totally uninterested. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
jennifert437
12/2/19
Called them out when the previous plumber I booked cancelled, to fix a leaking seal around my bath. Turned up and told me the whole bathroom needed to be replaced and that there was nothing he could do as a temporary fix in the meantime. Promised to send through a report and a quote, never received anything and I was charge £144 for the pleasure. Still have a leak that needs fixing asap but now have a lot less money in my bank to get it sorted.

Tip for consumers: Do not use them!

benjaminm178
11/15/19
Booked early and gave card details, accepted their extremely high price for a rapid visit, took the morning off work, engineer no show and no call. Called them up and they acknowledged they had missed their deadline but offered nothing except to rebook for another 4 hour wait.
ps359
11/11/19
Charged me £144 just to come out no more than 10 minutes only to tell me they have no parts to fix so need to come out again. Came out again and charged me 2 hours labour (in fact he was only here for 30 minutes) and parts. They take the money first before any work done. I cant understand how they justify £144 call out charge and £288 labour when in fact the total time spend in the house was only 40 minutes. Total rip off. Stay away from this company unless you have too much money to throw away
tanyar80
11/8/19
Don't trust positive reviews for this company.DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING.
They have just charged £118 for a 'fireplace expert' visit. He came in, googled on his phone for a part for about 20 minutes, and left. Allegedly no parts exist for the unit. I later located the parts in 10 minutes.
Customer service not existent.Sent an email but got no answer.
You will be pressured into giving your bank details over the phone and be charged regardless of quality or completeness of work.
Don't get ripped off by this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
samt204
11/6/19
Came well within time slot and was finished within it also. Solved the issue, explained everything clearly.
stevem1092
10/26/19
The engineer arrived on time. Completed the job quickly and efficiently. Great value for money. Good friendly service.
jena125
10/23/19
Ricki was just the best company! Got my new cooker fixed and fitted safe and sound. I learned a thing or two about Gas. Neatly done and I can't recommend Ricki enough. Next level human, with next level soul!
Thanks Ricki
dominicl44
10/8/19
Got straight to the job, in the quickest time and knew what he was talking about. Finished the job and gave me good tips which I will use next time if there is a leak.
kathh12
10/7/19
My daughter had a leaky boiler so didn't really have time to look around for a recommended local plumber. They were very polite, sent someone out within 2 hours and phoned when half an hour away. They asked for credit card details and charged £144 for turning out. When I questioned that maybe the boiler couldn't be fixed, they stated they could almost always fix the problem, there just might be extra cost for parts. Low and behold, they were unable to fix it and quoted an extortionate price for a new one! So, I am now minus £144 for a swift visit and am no further forward with the boiler. Very angry and disappointed!
becss
10/5/19
Coming back to update the system really good advice
No hassle
Pleasant experience...;.............,...,,,
mrr140
9/26/19
Immediate same day response from Plumbing Force. Christopher turned up when expected.Turned our we needed a new part which we wanted to choose ourselves but Christopher came back next day and fixed everything. Very pleased all round.
clairer68
9/11/19
Thank you so much to the engineer who came out to us. The work was carried out swiftly and efficiently. Very polite and friendly.
cm457
9/11/19
Charlie went above and beyond to complete the messy job. Think others would have given up, it's not easy working in a confined space. . Thank you very much for your perseverance.
adams610
9/4/19
Remarkable incompetence from these crooks. The plumber called out was here no more than 5 minutes, gave the toilet a cursory look and declared there was nothing he could do. We needed to call a second plumbing company out to resolve what turned out to be a remarkably simple issue with professional courtesy. After being alerted to this discrepancy, and being provided evidence, Plumbingforce refused to provide a refund or any compensation. Avoid these guys like the plague- you may as well burn your money.
zoed19
8/29/19
Wouldn't recommend.
Plumber came out to fix our leaky stop tap, couldn't turn the street stoptap off and left after charging us £118 for nothing.
We called our local water board who came out and said the street stoptap was slightly stiff, nothing that should have caused a problem.
I contacted the company and asked for a refund, they said that was fine and that they would come out again to fix the tap, but would have to charge me the call out fee again and then refund the initial call out. I wasn't happy so just asked for the refund and called a different company who fixed it in five minutes!
Now I'm being refused a refund on the initial visit.
Will be taking this further Plumbingforce.
henrikp7
8/21/19
Hi PLUMBINGFORCE

it is something that is easily rectified, so we can have a look at it together, the external drain is working fine since all other c
seanf117
8/19/19
Dont bother, they won't turn up! Immersion water heater had failed leaving us with no hot water on Thursday with guests due for the weekend on Friday. A 4hr slot was booked for Thursday afternoon (stayed in and waited). 30 mins before the end of the slot the appointment was cancelled due to the engineer being 'too busy', a 4hr slot was duly booked for the Friday morning (stayed in and waited). At 1230, as my guests arrived, the appointment was cancelled again, the engineer 'has had a family emergency'. I was offered a Monday slot which I declined. Shocking service, two half days wasted and I could have had this repaired by another company within the hour if Plumbingforce had been honest enough to decline the job in the first place!
mrst26
8/12/19
Had an engineer out twice today and didn't fix our problem at all. He made it worse and tripped the electrics twice!
oliviae25
8/1/19
I called. The plumber turned up hours late. Looked for 5 minutes and told me he'd be back the following day to do the job. He never came back though I rescheduled twice more.
I have now been charged £118 for absolutely no work. I had to give my bank details as part of the booking. Managers won't come to the phone and I was told to email for a refund even though I never had an invoice and no work was done !
Avoid at all costs !
andrewl496
7/27/19
After being guaranteed a slot to have work undertaken on behalf of a client that was necessary for us to continue with our work, we were advised at the last minute of the slot that the contractor would not come. Second scheduled visit, this time at the end of the promised morning slot the Client had to chase the company, guess what.... the contractor would not be available to the end of the day... maybe.... In a competitive business environment you would think they would try to do better.... Next time Pimlico P's they may cost but at least they will turn up!
jacky36
7/22/19
Used them on an emergency call out as my bathroom had a leak last week. An engineer came and we spent £300 for them to investigate where the problem was and "fixed" it. Yesterday, we noticed that there was still water leaking so called them again. They insisted that for an engineer to come back to look at it again to see if it was their fault in the first place, it would be chargeable! Absolutely awful experience with them, over charge for an incompetent service and ask for more money for their own mistake!
Do not use them!
aliy17
7/14/19
Definitely avoid this company. They will try to rip you off.

I asked them to fix my dripping tap. The engineer came, did not even bother to look into the tap and suggested the entire tap needs to be replaced: gave me a quote for £340 + Labour ! The whole visit was over in 5 minutes - for this "service" they charged me £94.80 (including VAT) !. I had given them my card details, just for completing the booking (this was what they told me). However they simply took this money from my card following the visit.

I replaced the ceramic cartridge myself after this. A cartridge costs just £4 from e-bay! The tap works perfectly fine with no dropping now. I am disputing the charge through my bank now and will follow legal suit if this does not work.

Stay away from this company!
rachelp162
6/16/19
Came to fix the boiler and was told £79 callout fee plus parts - no mention that the initial callout is just an assessment and a way of getting extra money.. they then come back to fix the problem and charge further money. Plumber was absolutely lovely but no aftersales. The only number you can ring them on is sales and no manager will speak on the phone, you are just directed to email them on which I am still awaiting a response. Clearly a company for rip off Britain.
berlina
6/10/19
Liars, cheats and absolutely no customer service. Still waiting for them to reply to my complaint after providing no service and taking my money. It's been 4 days since I complained and 7 days since my initial contact for emergency repairs. They have no customer service channel - just a sales channel. What a joke.

Questions? Get answers from the Plumbingforce staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Plumbingforce