Review of Plumbingforce

Barnet, England EN5, United Kingdom
Tel: 0808 252 2868

aliy17
7/14/19

Definitely avoid this company. They will try to rip you off.

I asked them to fix my dripping tap. The engineer came, did not even bother to look into the tap and suggested the entire tap needs to be replaced: gave me a quote for £340 + Labour ! The whole visit was over in 5 minutes - for this "service" they charged me £94.80 (including VAT) !. I had given them my card details, just for completing the booking (this was what they told me). However they simply took this money from my card following the visit.

I replaced the ceramic cartridge myself after this. A cartridge costs just £4 from e-bay! The tap works perfectly fine with no dropping now. I am disputing the charge through my bank now and will follow legal suit if this does not work.

Stay away from this company!

rachelp162
6/16/19

Came to fix the boiler and was told £79 callout fee plus parts - no mention that the initial callout is just an assessment and a way of getting extra money.. they then come back to fix the problem and charge further money. Plumber was absolutely lovely but no aftersales. The only number you can ring them on is sales and no manager will speak on the phone, you are just directed to email them on which I am still awaiting a response. Clearly a company for rip off Britain.

berlina
6/10/19

Liars, cheats and absolutely no customer service. Still waiting for them to reply to my complaint after providing no service and taking my money. It's been 4 days since I complained and 7 days since my initial contact for emergency repairs. They have no customer service channel - just a sales channel. What a joke.

gc153
6/4/19

Took money from my account without consent total scumbags , this company did not deliver they just took money from my account without my permission,

justynak4
5/16/19

Terrible experience! The only easy bit was to originally book and give them my card details.
It was down hill from then on. Plumber turned up several hours late, left us with a half-baked job (still have no central heating), promised to come back the next day to finish and disappeared! I've had no contact from anyone since and have been dealing with people in the call centre who only try to palm you off. The biscuit definitely goes to Michelle, the Resolutions Manager - the most disagreeable, argumentative and unaccommodating, simply rude, person I have ever spoken to! Truly the right woman for the job.
So what, if they have already taken my money (nearly £200)!
Stay away, call another company - it cannot be any worse!

nigelm46
5/10/19

If I could put less than 1 I would. Awful customer service and follow up calls. Wanted to use a big agency for the opposite reason and pay a premium for it - just after call out fee. Do not use

aarony19
5/7/19

Fantastic, very helpful. Job well done. If i had more work i wouldn't hesitate to ask him to return.

josephines46
5/7/19

Very please t and professional person who came, explained everything that he was going to do. Would definately use this company again. Thank You.

jillw134
5/6/19

Anthony, the plumber who came, was exceptional. He kept me up to date and well informed on everything that needed doing. He was professional and personable

karolyk1
5/6/19

Adam the engineer was kind, and let me know in time when he will arrive. Also he is a well trained plumber and help us out quickly and efficiently. Thank you.

ianb230
5/6/19

We called plumbing force for an urgent issue. They arrived promptly and swiftly went about solving the problem with the boiler. Everything was explained well throughout and only absolutely necessary repairs were made. Prices we're exactly as quoted so no surprises and part of hours work were charged at a commensurate rate. Our system is working fine again. Thank you.

ninettar
5/6/19

I was able to make an appointment within a day, they phoned within 30 mins of arrival as promised, two professional people arrived, pleasant and capable plumbers who gave good advice, fixed the problems and left the place clean and tidy again. Very happy with the service I received. The Plumbingforce contact details are now in my contact list. NR

sheenae7
5/6/19

Good notification from company on arrival time of Engineer Lucas Laughton. Work was completed efficiently and professionally.

margarett134
5/5/19

Simon H was tremendous in a short period of time this courteous and well presented skilled plumber truly rescued us. Having been let down by a company which has enjoyed many years of contributions from us on a monthly basis, I searched the net for someone to help us. My husband cannot be cold because of a heart condition was not comfortable after a few days of no heating or hot water. As this is a 3 day weekend I felt I had no option but to take the situation in hand. Arriving before 10am Simon quickly grasped the position we were in, within a short period of time he had discussed ordered the new boiler settled a fair price and started work. Wow before we could drink a cup of coffee the do not use labelled boiler was out and the new boiler in ,all completed by5-30pm.

We are warm again thanks so much, faith in human nature restored. In case you wondered still haven't had the promised call three days on from the company which has had so much money from us .

miless39
5/4/19

Firstly the only reason I'm able to leave this review is because I realised that they only direct customers to this page of they selected they had a good experience. So they are deliberately di eating negative reviews to a different page to stop them going public . A bit underhand and reflective of my experience with pricing.

Our shower was making sound so called out plumber. Said he'd be between 13:00-17:30. He arrived at 17:30 so diagnosed and said shower dead and needed new one but due to time would have to come back so on that call got charged first hour rate at £79+VAT plus cartridge for temp fix. Fine. But upon return to fit was charged for showr and another hour at first hour rate rather than the subsequent hour rate at £39+VAT
I get it was another day but if say he'd arrived at 13:00 had have diagnosed, got shower locally and fitted within 2hours and therefore ratevhourly cost cheaper.

When I outlined this to them on the phone attitude basically was 'tough'no attempt to help or see point of view

The plumber himself was friendly and polite and did a good job but not impressed with plumb force as a whole.

naomij20
5/3/19

Quick and efficient service, very friendly and professional plumber arrived in time and completed the emergency repair. Highly recommended.

lynnew59
5/3/19

Sent text before arrival to let me know he was on his way, Lovely man came and sorted my problem out could not have asked for better service, friendly too

juliem559
5/3/19

It was easy to organise a call out gas engineer quickly. We were kepted informed as to their arrival time. The engineer was organised, efficient, thorough and tidy. We would definitely us this service again.

lucianag10
4/26/19

I want to send you day by day how was the facts.

-Monday i called for a licking in my kitchen and you sent me a guy to fix it. The guy told us to call him in case the licking still going on, and so i did the same day. He said call me tomorrow
-Tuesday i sent him loads of messages and after a while he said if i can call the company to send me another guy and so i did. They told me somebody would come before 6pm. No body came so i called again and they said tomorrow morning we will give you a call
-Wednesday: no call, no plumbing, nothing. I called again (ask for a change of number cause the one they had in the sistem was from my housemate and she was working), they said somebody will turn up before 6 but again no one came.
-Thursday: i called they told me somebody will be in my house between 1pm and 5pm. At 5pm i called asking where was the guy and they said they been speaking with me (aparently was my housemate) and told me (her) they will send a person friday morning between 10am to 2pm.
-Friday: NO ONE CAME. i called again, my house mate called, my boyfriend called. With a promisse of a phone call back with some answears we still waited. I email a person from the companie (Claire) and she told me sorry the new guy didnt turn up and another guy had to make the work for him so somebody will be there at 6.
I recieved a message at 17:39 from the first guy who came home Monday saying i will be there saturday.
And im wondering. What kind of joke is this one? I cant even start to explain how angry i am. There was no person who could help me or give me an answer of wehat is happening in here. I PAID 94 POUND FOR A JOB NOT WELL DONE, HAD TO STAID HOME ALL WEEK WAITING FOR NOBODY, WE LOST MONEY OF DAY WORKING AND STILL IS NO ONE DOING ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO FIX MY PIPES.
All of you, DISASTER.
Im gonna call another company but i want my money back.
I changed my washing machine today and the guy told me all the pipes (who suppous to been at least unblock after monday, or thats what he said he did) were blocked. The poor guy had to do your guys job. So i dont need an incompetent employe, i want my money back. I had photos that probe all this and i can give you the number of the guy who at the end fixed my pipes.
Don bring anyone, im gonna call somebody else but i repeat. I WANT MY MONEY.

peterd336
4/14/19

Took money without completing work. Poor communications and dreadful after sales service. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

derrickb51
4/6/19

Very poor service - engineer promised to come today and made me wait in all day only to ask me to rebook on Monday

matn8
4/4/19

A very rude engineer cane out to fit a fire and said it couldn't be done and left and was only here ten minutes and I was charged for the full hour and they never emailed any confirmation of t&cs and they do not advise you correctly over the phone avoid at all costs!

carle59
3/25/19

Boiler problem got worse not better after so called repair which itself felt like it was dragged out. The rudest people I've ever spoken to on the phone of any company I've dealt with too. Patronising and condescending to say the least. This was even worse with the complaint manager! No customer service skills. Only interested in making more money. Never again.

jamesp802
3/23/19

Avoid this company and their embarrassing customer service representatives. They charge 1 hour up front and will do ANYTHING to drag it out costing you a fortune. Then if you complain a vile woman will ignore your emails and put the phone down on you when you dare to complain. Heed the other reviews, DO NOT USE.

cristinac61
3/19/19

- BOOKED THE JOB, PAID £154.80 AS A DEPOSIT AND FOR THE ENGINEER TO ORDER SOME PARTS THAT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED
- ONE MONTH LATER THE ENGINEER SHOWS UP AT THE FLAT WITHOUT A PRIOR APPOINTMENT AND IT'S THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK SO NO ONE IS HOME AND OBVIOUSLY HE CAN'T GET IN
- CALLED THE COMPANY, THEY TOLD ME I HAD AN APPOINTMENT BUT NO ONE WAS ABLE TO PROVE I WAS INFORMED ABOUT IT, NO EMAIL, NO PHONE CALL, NO TEXT
- THE LADY THAT I WAS DEALING WITH INITIALLY NO LONGER WORKS THERE SO NOBODY CAN TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT'S GOING ON
- MY ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED £309.60 FOR A JOB THAT HASN'T BEEN DONE, HALF OF IT WITHOUT MY CONSENT
- WHEN I CALLED AND ASKED WHY THE MONEY WERE TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, THEY WEREN'T ABLE TO EXPLAIN
- WAS PASSED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE TO MAKE A COMPLAINT AND MY EMAILS ARE NOT EVEN BEING ACKNOWLEDGED, NEVER MIND RESOLVING THE ISSUE
- OUTRAGEOUS AND UNACCEPTABLE

Questions? Get answers from the Plumbingforce staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Plumbingforce