PixelFilmStudios

PixelFilmStudios has a consumer rating of 4.48 stars from 64 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. PixelFilmStudios also ranks 2nd among Video Editing sites.

• And their customer service was very helpful when ever I had issues.
  • customer support is always there to answer any questions ..

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate PixelFilmStudios?

“Products and services are great”

Wendy H.
12/17/19

I've been using A LOT of products from PFS, since as early as 2015. Everything has continued to improve leaps and bounds over those years. They continue to strive for excellence not only in the really cool product offerings, but in their support of their product. I highly recommend.

“Bug Factory... Stay Away!”

Hank W.
1/11/17

I have purchased a few Pixel Film Studios plugins. They all bog down my top of the line Mac to the point of no return. Their customer service is not helpful at all. They just send you to an optimization video on Vimeo, which doesn't fix the problem. All the bad things written about Pixel Film Studios that I have read on MotionVFX and FCP.co appear to be true. They pump out plugins at an insane rate without any kind of quality control. All sizzle, no substance. And judging from the last couple comments on the MotionVFX article, * doesn't even treat his employees very well. *Personal information redacted by admin

customer service (10) customer support (3)
wendyh285
December 17th, 2019
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Thank you for your continued support over the years Wendy!! We are overjoyed to hear that you are continuing to enjoy our products! We want to make the best plugins for Final Cut Pro X and we will always strive to make them as easy to use as possible so anyone who wants to try video editing can jump in and create quickly and easily. Our support is always here to help if you need it!!! Just have some screenshots and/or screen recordings when you come into the chat or when you submit a ticket so we can help you as efficiently as possible. We can't wait for you to see what we have in store for 2020!! It is going to be a great year for the FCPX community!
stephena287
December 19th, 2019
I have several dozen plugins from Pixel Film Studios . Makes editing a breeze.. customer support is always there to answer any questions .. I love the way that they keep creating new plugins that achieve the same quality of special effects and editing techniques that you see on the big screen (Hollywood movie industry) . I fell in love with editing because of pixel film studio.. I would recommend pixel film studio products to beginners and pros . My favorite is their 3D Projection plugin .
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
We are so flattered by your review Stephen! This is exactly what we aim to do with our plugins! We love getting this kind of feedback from the community!!

We are constantly pushing to create top of the line products for affordable prices that editors of all levels can use to get professional results fast!! 2020 is going to bring some amazing plugins your way so get ready for an incredible year!!

Thank you for attaching that screenshot!! That's an awesome shot you achieved with our Projection plugin!! Keep creating awesome work Stephen!!
christiaanr3
December 6th, 2019
I installed the PixelFilmStudios Maps plug in and had some issues. I got on their online live chat and they were very helpful and resolved my issue quickly. And the plugin is awesome!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Great to Hear that your questions about FCPX Maps were answered quickly Christiaan!
-------------------------------------

Here are some extra videos for you to make things easier:

FCPX Maps 1.1 Lesson - Geographic Location Generators from Pixel Film Studios - Final Cut Pro X Tutorial

FCPX Maps Example

Maps 1.1 Path Example
victorm238
October 9th, 2019
What a awesome company customer service is unbelievable and they help me with all my issues I had because of user error not product error. Anyways These plug-ins and affects her about half the price of other ones and way better highly recommend
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
We appreciate your recognition of the value we provide ;) Cheap and packed with tools film editors need!
kimberlyt139
November 9th, 2019
I am a Youtuber, I make family vlogs (The Meza Family) and I've been using PixelFilmStudios plugin's for a few months now, they tremendously have improved the quality of my videos. I've learned so much from their easy to follow tutorials and I am only getting better with time. I will be purchasing more of these great plugins.

Tip for consumers: Follow the instructions... They are very easy to use and you will NOT be disappointed.

Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
We are checking out the channel right now :0 Keep up the great work Kim!
nathanielf28
December 5th, 2019
I greatly appreciate the support of Pixel Film Studios to answer the concerns I had regarding an issue I was encountering in the recent past. I would definitely recommend their fantastic plugins as I tend to use many that are available!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
We have your back Nathaniel! Thank You for sharing your experience with the Final Cut Pro X community and would love to see what you make in with your purchases from Pixel Film Studios!
levyb33
December 3rd, 2019
I highly recommend Pixel Film Studios, not just because of their awesome products but the highly responsive and helpful customer service!
I never ever had an issue what was not solved in couple of minutes and kept going my editing work!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Outstanding to get positive feedback from you Levy! Our support team is always there for anyone who has an issue! We encourage users, no matter how small the problem, to utilize our live chat support service and they will get our professional help and undivided attention.
dmitryc4
December 10th, 2019
I had an issue - point masking didn't work,so i just wrote to the chat on site - and they kindly and really professionally helped me with the issue. Thank you very much!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
If you are ever missing your mask controls we recommend re-downloading and reinstalling the product.

If you are still not seeing the mask controls appear in your published parameters it could be that the PFSMask2 .app is not launching from the installer.
Here are some instructions on how to launch this manually.

Quit all applications and make sure that any external hard drives are disconnected.
In your Finder window navigate to Macintosh HD - Library - Plugins - FxPlug - then locate PFSMask2
Double click this - not much will happen - just a little flash on the screen. If a window does pop up you can close it.
After this relaunch final cut and test the plugin.
cliffs58
November 24th, 2019
By far the best plug-in I've downloaded from this site. I have a few dozen downloaded and this one really added a lot of punch to our newest series of videos for this client. Highly recommended.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the plugin Cliff! Thank you for the support and the recommendation!

If you like the ProFreeze series be sure to check out some of our other freeze-frame plugins!
brendanh30
November 20th, 2019
I have bought products prom Pixel Film Studios going back at least 5 years now. As a commercial director I can'y praise these guys enough, they have made my life so much easier. Their live support has been a lifesaver, they're always ready to help and I have never once dropped the ball. They know how urgent our deadlines can be in this business and have your back. I can't recommend these guys more.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Wow 5 years!!! Thank you for your continued support Brendan!

We understand how demanding deadlines can be and our support team will always do their best to help you out as quickly as possible!

We are happy to hear that you enjoy using our products and would love to see what you are working on!
jorgev82
December 21st, 2019
Sympathy, efficiency and exceeding the expectations

I have three issues, quickly resolved
I found I bought a duplicate plugin and I received a refund email, without asking for anything, courtesy from PixelFilmsStudios.

Ty PFS, and sure, I will recommend yours products

And NO, is not a fake review

Jorge V.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Thanks for giving us the chance to help you out Jorge!! We want to exceed all of our customers' excpectations and get all their questions solved as quickly as possible because we understand that your time is important! Should you ever have a question, no matter what it is, we will do our best to help you out!

Thank you for the recommendation Jorge! We hope you enjoy your composite plugins! Stop by sometime to show us your work!! We'd love to see what on-screen magic you are creating with the help of our plugins!
jawnr
November 3rd, 2019
I don't think I could ever leave the easy of use, the functionality, and performance of FCPX. Any time there are effects I'm looking for, I find myself reluctant to look at the Adobe editors to see if I can find an easier way to achieve what I'm looking for. More times than not, Pixel Film Studios has an effect, plug-in, or generator to do what I need!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
We aim to please ;) Saving editors time and headaches is what we keep in mind when designing plugins for Apple users.

Simple to understand controls. For anything users have an issue with, we try to make as many tutorials as possible.
alext327
November 20th, 2019
I`m a Japanese youtuber, and I lover their plugin products. I just wanna have all their plugin, so I'd became invincible !!! I already have 4, and I'm planning to get more. They have supper essential ones till super weird and fun plugins. So, yes, give a shot.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
ありがとうございました Alex Son. We love to hear we have fans from all around the world utilizing our plugins ;)

We would love to see your channel and what you have created!
muratc8
November 7th, 2019
I bought two product from PFS and was not satisfied with one of them. I contacted the support and they refunded it within minutes. The other product is great. So you don't have to worry if you thinking about buying a plug-in our software.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Thank you Murat! We'd love to see what you create with our plugins for Final Cut Pro X
ks625
November 6th, 2019
I've been a customer with Pixel Film Studios for years, and there's a reason I keep coming back. The products give you enough flexibility to aid in your own creativity, and their tech team gives excellent support.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Awesome to hear! We love the support from fans like you. We have some amazing things coming out soon that we think fans will love.
joed536
November 10th, 2019
Their live chat support was easy and helped me out it's all my problem within minutes and helped me get my plugins no problem, I will continue to use Pixel Film Studios.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
We appreciate your patience when resolving issues. Thank you for choosing Pixel Film Studios :)
mandyw39
November 12th, 2019
These guys really do a great job! The effects are mind blowing and easy to use. If you've got any problem they help you until it's solved! Great! Keep it up!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Thank you for the kind words and support! We would love to see what you have created
michaels3591
January 18th, 2020
First off they have a great, professional product, I've purchased many products from Pixel Studio's to make great Digital Video Productions. I was having a problem with ProTiltShift, the mask wasn't working. To fix it they GAVE me a complimentary plugin, FCPX Camera. I was still having problems and couldn't get the mask to work. A Pixel Studio's professional shared my Mac and fixed the problem quickly. This was a JOB so I appreciate the time and effort from Pixel Studios. Simply the best!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Outstanding response to hear from you Michael! We are dedicated to providing the best service around so please let us know if you are running into an issues or have any questions and we would be happy to help you! And we do hope that you continue to enjoy using our plugins! Please be sure to contact us again if you have any question no matter what it is and we will do our best to help you!
jont243
January 5th, 2020
I had a problem reinstalling a FCPX plug in I purchased a few months ago on my new computer so I contacted the customer service. They troubleshooted the plug in and made it work in a matter of a few minutes. Thanks for your help.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
We are happy to help Jon! We are happy to hear that we were able to get your back up and running quickly!

--------------

We have plenty of resources for those experiencing any trouble with the installations.

We have a video on our help page on how to install a plugin.
*Please note that the installer no longer requires a restart for your computer.

--------------

There are even more videos that help trouble shoot any error messages that you may see under the Downloading and Installing section.

--------------

Please contact us again if you need assistance and we will do our best to help you!
scottl611
November 20th, 2019
I was legitimately amazed at how quickly the care rep assessed my problem and provided the instruction on how to solve it so quickly. I was having a problem where a plug-in I purchased wasn't allowing me to cut out a mask, I asked the rep and they knew exactly what was wrong. My problem was solved in less than five minutes.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Thank you for contacting our support team! We are always happy to help customers get their plugins up and running properly and do the best we can to get you back to your project edits as quickly as possible!
matth344
January 5th, 2020
Every time I have had a problem, the live agents responded. The plugins are amazing and also the support is really great. Honestly, I have had no problems with Pixel Film Studios over my whole time of using it.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Thanks for the great feedback Matt! We are happy to hear that our support team was able to assist you on each of your visits. We are here to help so don't hesitate to contact our support team again should you have more questions.
fernandoi6
January 24th, 2020
such an amazing customer service! more than 40 minutes trying to solve a problem and they help me until we solve it!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Glad to hear that we were able to help you. With some patience and some information about your computer set up and the issue you are seeing we will do our best to solve any issue that you may encounter. Thank you for giving us a chance to help you solve this Fernando! :)
magnusc2
January 1st, 2020
When I had problems with my plugins I got help doing so it works. So I like pixel movie studios. So I think everyone should have their plugins for ease when cutting.
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Thank you Magnus! We are so glad we were able to get you up and running again with our plugin after restoring your computer. Please get in touch any time if you encounter any other issues with our plugins. Happy creating!

We have many amazing plugins to help speed up your workflow when cutting or creating videos. Check out our most popular products here: https://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/product-category/final-cut-pro-x-presets/
kevinv149
January 4th, 2020
Got a good and fast help from the supportteam! Trouble with my update, quick and fast solution, with a new download. Super customer service
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Happy to help Kevin! We hope that you enjoy using the plugin. Please contact our support team again if your need assistance!
johnr1914
January 1st, 2020
Really like PFS. They are always super professional and know their product well. Great tech support too!
Pixel F. – PixelFilmStudios Rep
Thank you for the kind words, John!

We are always doing our best to provide fast and professional services for the final cut community!
If you have any other questions please refer to our fantastic live support on our website!

We are a real company with over 1600 products to help save users time and money when editing within Final Cut Pro X ;)

By Pixel F.,