PerformanceChipTuning reviews

Tel: 1-877-763-2804
toussi1@hotmail.com

daniell448
2/10/19

Ordered a stage 1 chip for my 2008 Tacoma. It physically did not fit. I emailed them twice within the 14 return day period for return instructions. They never replied. I challenged the charge on my credit card and they denied my claim, said I never returned the chip. True but one cannot return the chip w/o instruction from Performance Chip which they never provided. These folks have no clue about customer relations or they are a total scam. BTW the LL Bean Mastercard cursory investigation failed to recognise my claim

josephg290
2/3/19

The positive reviews here are bogus. These people are the lowest form of scum. Their products do nothing for your performance. They will take your money and ignore you if you have problems. They probably donate your money to ISIS or the Taliban. You have been warned.

christophers366
12/28/18

Company ignores all correspondence such as emails. Zero results from the chip. A waste of $200.00.......................................................

tabm1
11/21/18

I bought one for my 2014 Honda Ridgeline, mileage dropped 3 mpg the first day I had it installed . I have tried contacting them twice to get a return authorization but they wont return emails, Total rip off company.
1/8/2019 Follow up, I finally got in contact with someone and they told me to return it, I asked if I would receive a 100% refund and was assured I would as long as it was not damaged. Well they refunded me $79.99 and kept $20 as a restocking fee. I filed a complaint with paypal who has decided to side with them and said the transaction was completed properly. DO NOT fall for their lies about the 100% guarantee and "What do you have to lose? $20 is what you have to lose. They are getting rich off of returns and is probably their plan to begin with the product does not do what they say or at least it didnt perform for me, perhaps it was not programmed properly in which case it was defective but they still charged me $20 plus the cost of returning. unless you are sure this product will work for you or you dont mind losing $20 you better stay away..

mikem1030
9/6/18

I purchased the Stage 1 chip on my 2006 Honda Civic and the gains are amazing they really work. Thanks

carloss151
9/6/18

At first, I had some doubts about performance parts because of the false reviews you can find on the Internet, especially on performance chips.
I decided to give them a call and they help me out to choose the right chip for my vehicle, after receiving my chip I see the result within the first week after plug in the chip, now I'm saving about 4 MPG on my Dodge.
Thank you, guys!

Tip for consumers: works!

jeffk236
9/6/18

Reviews are almost useless. 1 start whiners claiming Scam is most likely false.
I dont know why there's repetitive 1 star reviews for this company, I bet they're fake. I ordered stage 1 performance chip and they offer 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, who can beat that? Plus I got a cold air intake from them and it got to me in 3 days free shipping. And they have a phone number and customer service. These 1 star reviewers are fake or just cry babies.

jamesp683
9/5/18

I had alot of questions about getting more power out of my F150, I called them up and they gave me a few options... Now the truck has woken up. Very happy

dimitriosk10
8/25/18

PerformanceChipTuning are selling junk. Their performance chip made 0 improvement on my car. notice on their website that they say that results are not guaranteed. compare that to other tuning companies.

tuckerh4
6/6/18

Had problems with the headlights I purchased within a few days of installation. It took several tries and couple of weeks to finally get a response from "customer service". We went back and forth over time (always delayed with the fact they take forever to respond) I was asked to do a test which was done and the product was defective, then I was asked to perform the same test and video it to send to them so I could prove to them I actually did it. I have had enough so I requested an RMA so I could return the lights, I promptly (yes this message was prompt) received a message saying the return policy had expired. They basically said FU! Do n ot order anything from these scam artists..

taylorb58
10/21/16

I first just got the spark plugs but then i was like hey whatever get the stage 1 performance chip its $100, its gotta be good right? looks nice, I opened it up all the way unscrew it just four screws inside it says fuel saver v2.1 the microchip after shortly finding google search and its nothing but a fuel saver $5 that you could get off ebay, I was dupped into getting magnetic fuel saver which shoulda include neodymium magnets, nope. and the voltage stabilizer , both do nothing. and i got the nice spark plugs thought thats it only worth of value, the supercharger air intake thingwhackoff idea would never work

davidk211
3/16/16

I bought a 5psi supercharger from these people. $200.00. I installed it as per instruction manual. The supercharger worked fine sitting in the driveway with the engine off. But every time I took it out with the engine running it just kept blowing fuses. No matter what I did. It just kept blowing fuses. After contacting performance chip tuning several times. With no response! And examining the " warranty card ". I realized THERE WAS NO WARRANTY. The warranty card you are supposed to fill out is blank on the return side. So there is no place to send it to. After six weeks of the purchase the drive motor went out altogether. After Again contacting performance chip tuning. I was finally told I was past the refund period. I didn't even want a refund. Just the motor replacement. Also the rubber mount/adapter is cracking. On both sides. This is a poorly built item and there is no warranty on it. And performance chip tuning doesn't warranty. Don't buy one. Also I wrote a review on their site and of course it's not put up. They only put up good reviews. Probably their own. The supercharger doesn't work, is poorly made, and performance chip tuning doesn't warranty it. So Don't Buy One and beware of performance chip tuning.

johnm709
3/10/16

I'm not surprised you screen your reviews prior to placing only the positive reviews on your site. I do not expect to see this on this site, so I will post it on other sites, including the BBB.
Do not buy a product from this company! The stage one chip I purchased did not work at all. Only change noticed using this product was the annoying bright blue light emitted from the device, distracting and unsafe while driving in dark conditions. It did not improve MPG or performance in any way. The company policy for returns is to be post marked by 14 days of purchase. Company also claims you must use it for 14 days to see results. In all fairness they allowed me to return 25 days after purchase at my request to give it a chance to succeed. No results noted. I returned it and they only gave back 75% of the purchase price (as per their policy). I assume they make their profit off customers that miss the 14 day window for returns or the 25% fees applied to those that do. I read mostly poor reviews and now I know why. Do not waste your time on this fraudulent product or company.

miked97
6/19/14

I bought a obd2 plug and play chip from these guys, plugged it in, and 2 weeks later my car would not start. I removed it and it started . I informed them I believed I had a defective product and asked for exchange. no reply after 6 e mails. I asked questions if this was normal and if I should plug it back in again. no reply. I plugged it back in and car started . one time . now my car will no longer start. do not buy anything from these people. they have no customer service and their product will ruin your car. I believe I will have to have my existing chip reprogrammed now , who knows how much that will cost . I imagine. a lot

billr2
8/11/10

Not helpful no phone number - poor service

georgew
1/2/10

I bought a electric supercharger for my Buick Century. It has helped my cars power and improved my 0-60 by .5 seconds on my last race.

Im actually looking into just getting a grounding kit for my car, and im looking at their Voltage Stabilizer which comes as a grounding kit as well, seeing if anyone has had any luck with that. Here is what im looking at http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Voltage+Performance+Chip+Module/7/ let me know JJ

By solo h.

Questions? Get answers from the PerformanceChipTuning staff and other customers.

3 Photos for PerformanceChipTuning