Review of PepBoys

contactus@pepboys.com
2018 Customer choice award

johnp1459
4/15/19

The Pep Boys in Pleasant Hills, a suburb of Pittsburgh, is crooked beyond belief. They practice double-billing. For example, it costs an hour of labor ($110) for replacement of a brake hose. Since it only takes a few seconds to actually replace a brake hose, you are paying for removal and reassembly of the brake pad and caliper. That's fine. But if the pad, rotor, caliper, etc. is already apart for replacement they will add $110 labor to the hundreds of dollars of labor for the other work! I took it to a higher level of the company and got my money back but that's not the point; they were caught trying to cheat me. Stay away.

marya927
4/14/19

Well Pep Boys here you go! First- you charge $145 an hour in labor, ridiculous! I'm in Staten island and other mechanics charge $95 an hour. You're going to lose a lot of business because people here are looking elsewhere. You've lost a lot of clients already on Bloomingdale Rd. Next to Dunkin donuts. You should really do something about your rates because Pepboys isn't all it's cracked up to be! I had to give a rating of one. To bad there wasn't a zero option... That would have been my choice as many others.

rubenr55
4/9/19

I scheduled an appointment which I promptly kept. I had an Alternator installed and the battery light was turning on and off. I had the battery checked at the place i had purchased it and it was OK. I sat around for an hour and half until someone finally asked me what i was doing there and 10 minutes later i was told the alternator was OK. not a very professional group

raksk
4/1/19

Worst pep boys service center in the area. Absolutely no communication among crews and poor customer service.

I booked an appointment on 3/30 and received appointment confirmation email. After arrival at 5pm on 3/30, I was told by a person at Service center, that they had few cars taking excessive time for inspection as a result they are not available at this time and asked me to reschedule for later. So I rescheduled my appointment for next day 3/31 at 10am. I arrived at 10am and women at service desk took enormous amount of time to even greet me. Anyways, I was told that it will take 1 to 1.5 hours for the state inspection and she asked me whether I'll be dropping off or waiting. I told her I would prefer to wait if it's going to take 1 to 1.5 hours. So she said she would call me when the car is ready. After 2.5 hours of wait, I didn't get any call so I called them and came to know that my car is just sitting out there. No one has started the inspection and the person on phone told me that there must have been some communication gap as they have lots of cars lined up for inspection so it will take more hours to get it done. I instantly came to the service center and asked the lady what exactly is the issue here. She said there must be more cars waiting, she do not know. So why did she gave 1.5 hours estimated time if she wasn't sure and why did she not call me if it's going to take more time?

As I said, very poor customer service. I took my keys and decided NOT to get the inspection done at PepBoys. I would rather go to a local service center who are family owned and value customer's time.

I already sent all details to pepsocial email address so dont bother replying unless you have definite response..

michaelm2076
2/28/19

I stopped in to see if they could look at my car and see why I have an oil leak? I have a 2005 Nissan, Murano with 112,000 miles. The service guy said, it might take a while so I set up a service appointment for a week later at 12:00 noon. I mentioned, since my appointment is at lunch time, would that be a problem? He said, that wouldn't be an issue.

I arrived at the appointed time and they said, since I have an appointment I was next up. 30 minutes later, they still had not even looked at my car so I checked the status. The service guy said, they are a little backed up and I would be next. 45 min after my appointment time they finally moved my car into the service bay. At 1:15 the service guy showed me an estimate for the items they found ($3,796). I asked questions and the service manager couldn't answer them so I asked to speak to the mechanic. Instead, another service man came to answer my questions but frankly, his answers didn't make any sense either, so I asked if the mechanic could show me what's wrong. By that time, the mechanic had already pulled another car into the service bay and my car was in the parking lot. So now I had to wait until a service bay was empty to put my car up on the lift. At 2:30 my car was pulled into another service bay and the mechanic was ready to show me the items that were noted on the estimate.

Looking under the car was very helpful and the service guy did a good job showing and explaining the repairs needed. While I was paying for the vehicle inspection, an argument broke out in the store over one service person stealing another's customer. I had to remind the three service personal that perhaps this is something they would be better off discussing when customers were not around. I finally left Pep Boys at 2:50, almost 3 hours just to get an estimate and explanation of the repairs need.

Honestly, just observing their operation and way they do business was enough for me. I'm not going to trust them to repair my car. I won't be back!

jonathanp164
2/21/19

I had my car repaired at this Pep Boys. (4397 N Pine Island Road). I used this shop frequently before it became a Pep Boys because of the proximity to my house and I was always satisfied there. However, after one visit to this car shop that is no longer the case. Not only did my repair take several days because they misdiagnosed the problem, but I had to return my car only two weeks later because the AC had gone out again. I had my car in the shop for an entire day again today and they still don't have a solution to my problem. The people at the shop obviously did not run checks on my car to diagnose the problem. I was able to tell them it was an electrical issue with the fan not getting power to turn on, but at the end of the day they blamed my AC not working on a button on the dash (obviously not the reason the entire fan system stops working). While working on the car today they switched a couple of interior dash lights on my car. They said they did this to check the AC (at no point was I called or given an estimate or anything of the sort). Now I am told that one of the two lights that they switched no longer works. I would assume that when you go into a car to test something you are responsible not to break that part, but apparently that is not the case. The light now does not work, and the shop told me that it was my fault because it was not working before it came in. Now not only did they not fix the AC they also broke one of the dash lights. I explained that the light should be ordered and replaced, but apparently it is a specialty part that has to be ordered. Only after an hour on the phone was I able to confirm they had to order the part. First the part didn't exist, then I was told I should know in advance the light didn't work because I had extra parts for the light in my car, then I was told it was special order and the manager needed to order it. I simply wanted to get assurance that they would fix the part they broke (a simple light). I left today with my car without assurance that the part would be ordered or even what the part was. When I asked for the part number, or a detailed statement about what they performed on my car they had nothing there. They could not even tell me a part number for the light. Needless to say this is the last time I will use that store. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place, the headaches today mean that I will gladly drive a little further to get my car repaired in the future. I had to return to the store because 8 months later the AC still doesn't work correctly. My ac 8 months later still doesn't work so I'm stuck trying to get pep boys to honor my warranty. Needless to say they didn't fix it and won't fix it. I spoke with Jose Diaz the store manager. To say he's rude is an understatement. They won't fix the ac and instead of explaining the issue he yelled and hung up on me not once but three times. I had a friend call the store and as soon as he heard it was in reference to my issue he hung up on them (this was a woman in my world men should have some manners.) I filed an official complaint with corporate and am awaiting resolution. But needless to say avoid this place and avoid Jose Diaz. Maybe he's just having a rough day we all do but to hang up on a customer is in my estimation a bad idea.

simonr85
2/11/19

Friday February 8th at 4 pm I dropped off my 2016 Jeep Cherokee for a simple wheel alignment and rotation. I wanted this because I had spent $800 a year ago on new tires for this car from pep boys and just wanted the suggested maintenance done to them.They said the car would be ready by Saturday but i was going out of town so I told them I'd be picking it up Sunday morning. Sunday February 10th I walked into the pep boys to get my car after nobody returned my call on the phone asking about my car. When I got there they said they forgot to do the service on my car and that it would be done in 30 minutes and its was 1:30 pm at the time. I was pretty mad at this point considering having to wait when i left it for 2 days ago so I decided to watch them do everything just to make sure nothing weird was going on. Soon after my car was driven onto a lift and then was left there to sit for 10 mins. My car was then taken off the lift after not being raised up or anything done to it at all. Knowing that its not uncommon to get scammed at car places I checked the tread on the tires prior to leaving the car. The service was awful and a little shady so I checked my tires to see if they had been rotated and they hadn't been. I told the guy as he was trying to ring me up and he then froze up and told me they had forgot. Knowing that he was lying I started to question if they had aligned the tires even so I told the guy I thought they were lying because they never lifted the car off the ground or even put the alignment panels on the wheels at all. They claimed they did it but told me they would redo everything and credit me for everything. Keep in mind they were straight up lying to my face because i watched them do everything in the waiting room which has a viewing window. This was an obvious scam being run. They are acting like they are doing rotations and alignments but aren't doing anything at all. I spend at total of 3 hours today at pep boys when I was only supposed to be there for 2 mins. This cost me time making money and who knows how many people have been scammed because I just got lucky and caught it. This is very unlawful and if needed I will get an attorney involved. Hopefully you decide to fire these employees for their lying to customers and scamming them. The ratings for this place online are already awful enough just go investigate yourself. Just try and bring your car to this place and you'll see what I mean.

kevinb663
1/7/19

So this has to be broken down into parts so that I can be as clear as possible in warning other people who might find themselves in a similar situation that I was in.

To set things up, my check engine light came on and my vehicle started a slight shudder which got progressively worse as I searched for a mechanic to run a diagnostic under the hood. This was on a Saturday at about 3 o'clock. Pep Boys was the only place who still had techs on hand to do what I needed; this is about the only good thing I can say from this entire experience. It was all downhill from there.

They stated it could take anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours to figure out the problem so they told me I could wait or they would call me a lift. I opted for the ride as I stated earlier this visit was born out of desperation not any sense of trust or faith. I saw what they did to my dad when he got his inspection done two years back and $2,000 later. And that says nothing compared to the poor woman who had been in the waiting area at the same time as us back then, crying on her phone to someone who had to pick her up

I got back to my house and it was at this point my wife and I started playing the waiting game. Waiting for some kind of news as to how the coming week would play out with our commute to our jobs. Many of you will probably be able to relate to that sense of dread as you have only one car between you. Even if you have two it is still a drastic upset to the routine as you now have to alter your time to carpool. Well our news came about three hours later to the tune of $1,200. One ignition coil and gasket, plus all six spark plugs needed to be replaced they told me. When asked for a breakdown they informed me that the single coil would be upwards of $145 plus another $29 for the gasket alone. Lord knows what they thought 6 spark plugs should cost.

Now that I knew what they thought the problem was, I can say I made these exact repairs not two years previous. It's an easy to moderate job even for a DIY'er like me. And the parts can be found online (all six coils and plugs) for less than a hundred. So of course my question is where did they get the other $1,100 from? Nice try Pep boys. Think about how many people they do this to and you start to get the idea how they became a billion dollar company as of the late 90's.

I have since ordered the parts myself and paid those crooks their $95 for just a heap of bad news, in every sense of the word. Might take me three or four hours but it will be so much more worth it than being unable to feed my family. "The work needs to be done," was all they kept saying without an ounce of a conscience, as if I was holding out on them with their protection money'. How do they expect people to pay this when they simply do not have it? Why apply for their credit card of course so they can charge you even more in interest. I have a better idea now what that poor woman must have been going through. Now even if the parts I ordered don't last quite as long as their solid gold spark plugs there is no way it's worth 12x what I picked them up for.

Now if your vehicle is under warrantee, great! But otherwise save yourselves the trouble and find a small outfit where you can actually get to know the owner and the mechanic's. Use the routine oil change/tire rotations as the opportunities to find one. It will allow you to make the most educated decisions when it comes to the care of your vehicle. They offer guarantees just like the big guys but they have to look you in the eye when they deal with you. You don't know how many people are taking advantage of you when it comes to a large outfit like Pep Boys. And we never will. Don't be a piece of their profits, enough said.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this company at all costs. Online or on site.

khrisa1
1/3/19

My son visited the Pepboys located at 6333 Marlboro Pike
Forestville, MD 20747, on Saturday, November 17, 2018 to obtain some mechanical work/repair to his vehicle. He took his vehicle in at 8:30am in the morning for an alternator replacement. The vehicle was not available for pickup until 6:30pm. The average Nissan Altima, alternator replacement is 2 hours. They kept my sons car for 9 hours, absorbed! My son drove to work with was only about 16 miles from the Pepboys where he received service for his vehicle. When he got off work (12: 30 am November 18, 2018) he drove back home which is about 1 mile from Pepboys. He never made it home. His vehicle started to operate the same as when he bought the vehicle to Pepboys for service/repair. For safety reasons he pulled his vehicle over into Forestville Mall, which is 1 mile from Pepboys, his vehicle shut off. He looked under the hood and notice that both his battery cables were loose on their post, both caps (low and high) for the air conditioning was removed. He called for a tow truck. He had to get a jump start in order to get his vehicle on the tow truck and he had to get a jump start to get his vehicle off the tow truck. He towed the vehicle to Pepboys, where the repairs were done. Please note it was 1:00am Sunday, November 18, 2018 when he had the vehicle towed. He was the second person in line once Pepboys doors opened on Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 9:00am. The person in front of him only needed a battery changed. 3:00pm came around and he has not heard back from Pepboys, so called them. He was told that they have not had a chance to look at his vehicle and they may not be able to get to his vehicle until Monday, November 19, 2018. This was because they had other Service Tickets that was before him. (Shouldn't a returned vehicle that just had repairs performed on the vehicle take president over those who came in after him. Or even if they were left over from the prior day, my son has already waited 15 hours to get an alternator replacement. I thought that was very unprofessional, bad busy practice and total absurd. It has now taken 15 hours to replace an alternator in a 2002 Nissan Altima. I went up to the Pepboys, when I arrived my sons car was being test driven by an employee of Pepboys. I walked into the Pepboys Service/Repair side and no one was at the Service Counter. I walked around back and saw 5 mechanics standing around one vehicle with their hands in their pockets. I said, WOW it takes 5 mechanics to work on one car where there is other vehicles that need service work. So I asked where is the Manager? One of the mechanics walked off the other 4 stayed. One of the mechanics told me he didn't know who the manager was (this employee name is Jaheed (spelling could be incorrect). The Caucasian mechanic told me he is over there pointing towards where my sons mother was standing in the parking lot, where the unknown employee was just returning with test driving my sons vehicle. The unknown employee that was test driving my sons vehicle identified himself as being the Manager. I asked him NUMEROUS of times what was his name. He refused to answer me. He told me in his own words and I quote, "This is District Heights, MD and I don't feel comfortable with giving you my name, in fear of my life that you might come back and do something to me". I was appalled and shocked out of my mind when he told me that. For him accusing me, a customer of coming back later to do some type of bodily harm to him based on the City and State he works in. So I then asked him will my sons car be fixed today and why is he being told that the car can't get fixed until Monday, November 18, 2018. He said that it was fixed and then got upset I was questioning him about why my son was told that his car was not going to be looked at, repaired until Monday, November 19, 2018. He went on telling me that he was the only one at the service desk and none of the other mechanics conveyed to him that the car was fixed. A this pint he was yelling and screaming at me as he walked away and at the same time Tiara, who identified herself as the manager on duty. So she gave me this unidentified employees name, MARCUS!. Marcus started to get so irate, acting unprofessional by yelling and screaming at me and my sons mother, to the point he got all the other mechanics riled up and they started yelling and screaming at me and my sons mother. So I become threated by all of them as they were walking towards me and my sons mother. When mentioned to Tiara that, that is very unprofessional and uncalled for. She totaled agreed. She also gave me the employee name that didn't now the managers name, which this employee name was Jaheed. Tiara started to justify that Marcus is stress out because he is the only one at the service desk, he has to handle all of the customers that's coming in. OK isn't that his Job working the service desk.

There is an abundance of training that needs to take place.

juliel75
12/10/18

Charging $70 for $3 part is criminal! And they'll rip you off if your a man or a woman. They have NO shame.

chrisc802
11/21/18

I hope there are NO MORE victims like me to this store. NEGATIVE STARS

Pepboys the car shop treat your car like trash and *STEAL YOUR CAR, and they never apologize for their wrong, I have PROOF and FACTS

i usually don't comment, but this is Serious. NAMES AND DETAILS ARE INCLUDED

My volkswagen CC 2012 is still taken by them at this very moment.

Lost every dollar value right now of the car ~$8000 for their wrong doing.

To start with, pepboys deserve NEGATIVE stars. Because the STORE MANAGER CHRIS tow my car WITHOUT my permission to a IMPOUND car lot when I'm JUST A CUSTOMER to the store while I was making a decision to spend ~$7800 for them to fix my car engine.

Plus, they ask me to pay South Main Auto Storage $230 fee from MY OWN POCKET to get my car back. When MANAGER CHRIS IS the one who take away my car my property from their store

I'm extremely angry, disappointed and frustrated after my recent experience with the Southwest fwy store.

First of all, I'm a regular customer since 9/2017, visiting the store every few months for my car repair/tire, including

2 tires : ~$500
Fuel pump + 1 tire : ~$1800
1 tire: ~$200
Diagnosis of the car: total ~ 300

I was a happy customer because of JB, Diego and Erick the mechanic. They provide the best customer service. Until recently my volkswagen CC 2012 Lux s engine acting weird, I pay the diagnostic to check my car. Its the fuel pump.

Then i still drive the car for a week or 2 till one night I decide to drop my car in the store because my car engine failed. I pay the diagnostic to check the car again to see what issue. They give me the bad news. It turns out I need to replace the engine ( a lot of money). But they dont know the price yet. I was devastated and tell them I will need to find out my options. 2 weeks later, I decide to ask pepboys to check how much is the engine price total.

The person say that they can provide the price the next day. I heard nothing from them, I waited until the end of the week. They left me a voicemail about the price(7800)

I came in that saturday talk to the people in the store, I told them I need to come up with a plan of $7800 to fix something

Less than a week later, I discover this Crooked Manager CHRIS send someone to TOW MY CAR MY PROPERTY TO IMPOUND LOT

A car shop you expect them to take care of your car for the money you going to pay them. That's how they treat the customer.
That's Bull$#*!!

What's more bull$#*!? They expect you to waste your own time and $230 to get the car out of there.

It's a long review, I lost my car to learn that PEPBOYS is the worst car repair shop.

simonh140
11/19/18

I get everything I need for my car here, they have everything that I could possibly need and the prices ain't so bad.

mindcrimen
10/20/18

Pepboys once the go to franchise for your automotive needs, has become very poor, in-store and on-line price don't match. Online posted price in not honored. Would not recommend pepboys for your automotive needs.

vladimira19
9/17/18

This is second time in my life I ever write the type of review you about to read....
This time I just could not wait to share my opinion about the PepBoys service center in Woodland Hills. I brought my 1999 Corolla there at 9AM to replace the thermostat. Only to find out around 2PM (because I called them) that they can't do it because one of the bolts is stripped. They told me they tried to get a hold of me but I was not answering.. because they called my son's phone number instead. Anyway they told me they did not touch anything else because of the bolt (mechanic was present when I was picking up the car "with hand on the bible" he said nothing else was touched). I went to Autozone in Canoga Park to by some tools to do the job myself. On the way back my car overheated with steam coming out from under the hood. Long story short they did touch other things and broke the radiator right on the top. On my way home after adding water I was passing by Pepboys again and stopped there to discuss this... They said it was fragile and they did break it, but said it is not their fault. And I agreed again that maybe it was fragile.
BUT they knowingly have let me drive off their lot with the car they broke which was not drivable. Manager of this shop Richard Esparza was very rude and he clearly did not appreciate me making those problems. Well I don't like him as well... he refused to help with anything at all even with adding more water to the radiator so I can get home. Instead he told me if I think I can get a new radiator from this it is not happening. Next day I purchased a new radiator and thermostat from Autozone and replaced both parts myself within 2 hours. Total parts cost was $135.(new radiator and thermostat). Pepboys wanted to charge me $160 at discounted rate for the radiator (part only) as an "I am sorry deal". Which I definitely refused.
My problem is the big cover-up and "we can't do anything wrong" attitude at this location. When I mentioned to them that 4 years ago same location was doing tire rotation on my son's Acura and 1 day later they towed his car from 101 Freeway because on the way to college, his front wheels almost came off due to them not tightening the wheel nuts (this could have be a tragedy). Yes they fixed everything back then.
Anyway when I brought it up, this time they told me they have completely new team including managers so nothing like this can happen and this is completely different shop noooo.. HAHAHAH
I never had issues with PepBoys as a parts store but they are definitely not suppose to be a repair shop.
With incident they lost me not only as a customer for the auto repairs but also as the customer for their parts.
It was a bit long but I hope informative enough for you to know what you are signing for when deciding to take your car for service there.
BUT yes they are conveniently located....

donalds248
9/7/18

My son took my car in for an oil change. Twenty minutes after he left the store he called me and said it was running a good bit warmer than normal. When it cooled off enough that we could check it, any water that we put in it ran straight through and out the bottom right at to the oil pan. My son called this morning to tell them about it and they told him that they didn't touch the cooling and that it would be a charge to check it. When I called I tried to explain to the assistant service manager, James, that less then twenty minutes after leaving his care a car that was fine will now no longer hold water. His response was, "I don't understand why your making this such a big deal." The care will not hold water and is leaking less than six inches from the oil pan, where they worked. So one of two things: either they damaged the car and sent it out knowingly or they still knowingly sent out the car with a water leak because of the leaks location. That is a big deal. We are having it towed back now just to see if PepBoys is going to make it right or not. But for the moment, I'm giving one star because I can't go any lower.

Update: I was contacted by customer care after leaving a review and told that I would be contacted by upper management. That never happened. When they reached out again I was told that it would be escalated to regional and I would be contacted with 48 hours. That never happened. I can only determine from this that Pep Boys does not stand behind any issue they create or have any concern for their customers property or well being. Thank God it wasn't brakes! I will never trust them again.

paisleyb1
8/12/18

On July 7th, 2018 I dropped my car off at Pep Boys (Druid Hills Location) for them to run a test on my car to figure out what was wrong with my air conditioning. They called me back July 8th, and told me I needed a new compressor (they said it would be about $200), a power steering flush,a radiator flush, and a brake flush. They said all together, it was going to be $1,300. I asked them if there was any way they could go down on the price because I said that seemed high, and Marcus said they would be happy to give me a 20% discount. They said they had the parts they needed in the shop, and that my car would be ready tomorrow (July 10th).

I called the next day, and they said the compressor was not in yet, and were waiting on it to be delivered, and that should have my car ready by the end of the day. I called at the end of the day, my car was not yet ready. I called the next day, and the next day, for six more days, and they continued to tell me the same thing. They finally called me on 7-13-18 and let me know my car was ready. I went to get my car, and the manager (Raul Alsaadi) said it was going to be $1,900. I was floored by the price, and told him this was not the price I was quoted. I told him that Marcus Barker had quoted me, with the 20% off, at $1,090. He said he could not get it down that low, but if I wanted to pull up a 20% coupon ONLINE, that he could use that on the entire bill.

I felt played and lied to by Marcus that the coupon I was getting was an online deal that any customer can google and find. I thought that because I was bringing almost $2,000 worth of business to Pep boys, that they were going to give me a discount because I am a student and do not make very much money. The price I ended up paying, after not wanting to deal with dishonest pep boys employees anymore, was $1,441.71. When, I had initially been quoted $1,300. Marcus also told me that there would be no tax- which did not sound right, but when I went to pay, there was tax added to the bill. Over all, the communication and lies were difficult to deal with, and made me very upset that I had chosen Pep boys to fix my air.

On the way home from pep boys, my air worked for about 15 minutes, and it quit again. I had to travel out of town and drive four hours to Tennessee the very next day, and had no time, money, or energy, to take my car back to pep boys. I called them and told them that my air was not working, AGAIN, and that I paid almost $1500, and my air still did not work. He said I could bring it back in and they would take a look at it for me. I took my car back in into Pep Boys on August 8th after returning from being out of town, and Raul went outside to look at my car, and he walked back in and said I needed a new compressor.
My jaw dropped and I was floored. I had just left my car at Pep boys for a week a few weeks before, and spent $1,441 on a new compressor and labor of putting in that new compressor, and now they are telling me the exact same thing is wrong with my car.
I voiced this and how confused I was that the new compressor they supposedly put into my car already did not work, and Raul said they do not get new parts sent to them, and that sometimes the parts they get are faulty. I was floored by this comment as well. Why am I paying almost $500 for a part that is NOT NEW and does not work when it is installed into my car? I left my car there that night, and he said it would be ready the next day.

I called an Uber to pick me up from Pep Boys, and spent $18 on a ride home because the air in my car was still not working. As the uber driver pulled out of Pep boys, I called them immediately and asked whoever answered the phone to please roll up my SUNROOF window, because it looked like it was going to storm. I had been riding with my windows and sunroof down because it was 90 + degrees in Atlanta during the summer and I have black leather interior. In order not to have a heat stroke, I was riding with all my windows down. had Pep Boys fixed my air correctly the first time, I would not had to have driven everywhere with all my windows down. The employee who answered the phone said that was no problem and that he would roll my sunroof up.

I called the next day, and Raul said it was not ready, and that they were waiting for my new compressor to come in from Arizona. This was confusing to me, because he had once again said they had the part in the store, and that it would be ready the next day. Three more days go by, and they continue to tell me that my car is not ready.

On Saturday, the 11th, I called that morning and Lia said my car was ready. I had my ride drive me to Pep Boys, I walked inside, and she handed me my keys and told me I didn't have to sign anything and that I was good to go. I was confused why all my windows were down, but I figured they had cleaned the inside of my car or something and they were letting it air out.

As soon I opened my door, a strong musty smell covered up by a sickening air freshener smell hit me in the face, and I noticed that my two front seats were grayed, cracked, and ruined from water from a huge rain and thunderstorm that had hit Atlanta over the past couple days (August 8th-11th). The entire front half of my car on the inside was wet, musty, damp, and books that I had in my front seat were damaged from water. I was immediately upset, and realize that the man on the phone the few days before did not roll up my sunroof window like he said he was going to do. The interior of my car is ruined. I walked back inside and told Lia what was going on, and a mechanic who was sitting up front in the waiting room, started yelling and cussing at me, and told me that my car was a "piece of $#*!" and that my "sunroof must be leaking". My sunroof is COMPLETELY in tact, and I have NEVER ONCE had any sort of leak in my car. I told them I would be contacting corporate and that I was extremely upset by the service that I have received at this Pep Boys. As I was driving home, my car was extremely bouncy, and every tiny bump I hit, my car seemed to bounce up and down in an extremely unsafe way. It is also clear that the suspension on my car has been messed with. My car drove perfectly smooth on the way to Pep Boys on the 8th. Unless they intentionally messed with my suspension, or drove my car off of the lot and hit a bunch of potholes in a reckless manner, my car should still drive smooth when I pick my car up. My car was perfectly fine other than the air not working when I brought it into pep boys. Now my air is working, $1,500 later, but the interior of my car is completely ruined, which will cost thousands of dollars to have fixed, and my suspension in my car is completely off, which costs about $1,500 to have fixed.

I am LIVID and so so sad that this is the way I was treated by these employees and this company. I am filing a claim with my insurance that Pep boys has ruined the inside of my car and made my car unsafe to drive. I will make sure I am paid what I need to be paid to have all of this fixed in my car, and Pep Boys is going to pay, because Pep Boys was careless with this customer, and took advantage of my wallet and my patience.

dons292
6/9/18

Called before I went in and was told they had the four tires I was looking for "IN STOCK" and it turns out they only had 3, which they did not bother to tell me, while they were performing an oil change and removing tires from my vehicle the store manager had gone to another location to pick up the 4th tire needed and only after he had gotten back did the mechanic, not the manager, notice he had picked up the wrong tire!! Was told since I had to wait or come back later while they went to get the correct tire that I would get the oil change for free for my trouble. After waiting for and hour the tire finally shows up and they put on. While checking out I am told the oil change would have on been free if I had gone and come back "not what I was told"!! After paying I go out to get into my car and notice all kinds of residue on my rims, the stuff they use when putting tires on the rims, they didn't bother cleaning off after installing, the guy from behind the counter came out with a rag and did a cursory wipe and still looked like you know what! Said the heck with it and left. I will just do it myself!! As the saying goes, if you want it done right do it yourself!! Will never go back to Pep Boys again.....

dough111
5/5/18

Pep Boys Sterling Height MI My car needed rear shocks so i went to there website and they quoted 99.00 for 2 shocks and 34.00 to install. So I made an appointment. Once I got there the price changed to 99.00 for one shock but I printed a copy of there quote from there website. They agreed to give me the 2 shocks for 99.00 but charged me 100.00 for labor. I will never return to Pep Boys Do a google review search I am not alone. Bad Company

sandys148
1/23/18

PepBoys, Smyrna, GA, is a relatively new location, (originally a Just Brakes site) but it has quickly become my favorite go to auto shop in the city. Apart from the all around great customer service from store manager to the mechanics and experts who actually worked on my cars, I have found them to be super helpful, honest, polite and dependable. Not only did they honor my 7-year old Just Brakes contract with a flawless brake job, the Boys also helpful me out ever so kindly and pleasantly with some extra little interior repairs on my car for no extra charge!! It is great to have this dependable and fair minded store in my neighborhood!!

robertc395
10/16/17

Love this store all around great customer service wether it in the store or on the phone I had a great experience with pep boys

bh443
7/19/17

Place an order online to pick up at the Austell Road Austell, GA location. Went to pick up at the store and the manager tells me it was back ordered. I tried showing him an email I got from Pep Boys that it was ready for pick up. He walked off and wouldn't help me anymore. I had to get another employee to help me. He found my package there at the counter. This manager was no help at all at this store.
I filed a complaint with Pep Boys about it and they had the store manager to call me to fix it. I couldn't believe they had the person that I had the problem with to call me. It's been two weeks now and haven't heard from him or Pep Boys. This company doesn't care about it's customers at all. All they seem to care about is that you buy from them. They have gotten the last of my business. There's to many good auto parts stores out there that will treat the customer nice.

jenniferk139
7/5/17

THEY HAVE NO CLLUUEEEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING, HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION, LOST MY KEYS! CHECKED MY LIGHT, PAID $500 TO FIX SOMETHING FOR THE LIGHT TO COME ON 2 DAYS LATER.. THEY 2 EMPLOYEES WRECKED INTO EACH TO EACH OTHER IN CUSTOMERS CAR! STRAIGHT BULL$#*! ASS PLACE

stevent77
7/3/17

I order a part online, I was not notified it wasn't in stock until the day of the delivery, and they charged my card for the full amount. I have to wait 7 days for a refund. SMDH...

lizs77
5/6/17

Took the car in for a check engine light. Found I needed a part that they did not have in stock. The car is used by my daughter who needed to go back to college and couldn't wait for the part. I was told to call the next time she is back and they would take care if it than. I called to get the part ordered and was told I called too early and I should call back the next week. Called again and told still too early and they hung up on me. Called again and was promised it would 've there for the one day window we had to work with. No part and no call. Went to the dealership and found out the parts they wanted to install did not exist in my car. They are liars and cheats and will never get my business again. Pompano Beach, Fl

joeys45
4/22/17

Brought my kia soul in for an oil change. Got a bad vibe from the lady handling the service just rude right off the bat. Placed my car in the service lane and waited , lady busts in and says car won't start and she would check my electrical system for 15 bucks ! wouldn't offer a jump to get my car out of the way just left me there ,luckly I had my own jumper because I've had the problem before. It's the battery that's the problem. I told her that but since I wouldn't spend the 15 bucks needlessly she left me stranded, what a JACKASS.

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the PepBoys staff and other customers.

PepBoys?