Review of NumberBarn

support@numberbarn.com

6 reviews with 1 star

reecer12
5/16/19

untrustworthy! numberbarn is tricky company. They resell phone numbers. I lost money doing business with this company

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hello Reece R (AKA Pandora),

I see this is the second review you've posted. We appreciate customers keeping us honest, but we also realize reviews can represent the very frustration we're trying to prevent. I think if yesterday response was seen/read regarding the status and refund of money you've paid, it would have prevented today's review. I don't see a verification that you read our message from yesterday, but that may be due to the new email address you're using. Let me try responding here.

The sad part with static reviews is people cannot see the thousands of ports that complete without any trouble. Either way, we know that this hasn't met your expectations and why we've refunded all monies you've paid to NumberBarn because we care more about meeting your number needs than making a quick buck.

Let me re-post yesterday's response so the public can follow along.

"We're always sorry to hear about unsatisfactory experiences because we truly attempt to meet number needs and not just make a quick buck. I've gone ahead and refunded you the $11.83 spent on unnecessary parking because you obviously wanted to port the numbers out not park them on our system. We're sorry for the inconvenience as it seems our attempt at making porting out easier for you failed this go around. For further details, please read on.

We see upon registration of your new numbers we attempted to migrate your numbers to our primary carrier for ease of porting out. In retrospect, this didn't create a better experience for you, as the attempted migration failed on 3/1. Do to system automation we didn't realize internal migration had failed, and once our staff realized it they initiated another migration request manually and followed up with you from March 28-April 13. Our system attempted to activate your numbers on April 17.

I dug a little deeper based on your report of not porting out, and discovered due to miscommunication between carriers, one of the numbers didn't activate properly and that's why it seemed like your number disappeared. We're hopeful this number will get reactivated shortly, and I responded via our customer ticket with further details.

The timeframe, admittedly, is outside our promised timeline and very understandable as to why this would be frustrating to anybody. On top of the parking fees, I have refunded the cost of the numbers totalling $35.98, because it was not your desire to park numbers with NumberBarn. Please allow 2-3 days for a refund to process. You have now paid NumberBarn $0 and I hope that helps to smooth the situation a bit. In the interim, I'm working with the carrier to get your number re-activated as it seems to be stuck between carriers.

We hope the refunding of all your money and the follow up with​ the carrier will help this become a better experience. Ultimately, we'll fight with the carriers until you get your number where you want it to be and working on your behalf. If you have any other questions or comments, please let us know as we truly want you to be happy with your new numbers and not nickel and dimed by our system.
pany1
2/19/19

I placed order days ago for a "Get it Now" phone
number and still no phone number. I also emailed several times and no
response. Poor customer service and very unprofessional.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hi Pan,

NumberBarn almost immediately sent you an email requesting some further information about your number order that we did not get a response to. I do see we have also responded to all three of your support tickets in a timely manner, but it appears your email provider is blocking our emails from reaching you. We are getting the following response when our emails bounce back:

550 5.7.1 Policy rejection on the target address

You may want to check with your email provider/support as it seems you are not receiving our email correspondence. When you get it figured out, let us know as we are still holding your number for you :)
chadg65
8/20/18

Do not do business here - Go somewhere else for your numbers!
I've been trying to have a number I purchased from number barn ported to a Verizon business phone for 4 weeks! Absolute nightmare!

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hello Chad G. We’re always disappointed to see reviews like this, because we strive to meet number needs first and foremost. For the sake of the public forum, I’d like to offer a little insight into the port-out experience for others to decide if NumberBarn is really all that terrible.

Per your support emails, I can see you originally requested the number to port out on July 28th. We have no way of confirming that submission date or if your new carrier submitted it correctly, as we are not made away of port-out requests until they hit our system. Our system is set up in such a way that everything is automated so nobody is sitting around awaiting manual intervention. In some cases, things get stuck, or a little elbow grease is required, and that’s when we step in to aid the process.

It looks like on August 6th you notified us of a problem porting out, and our team quickly (within minutes via chat) diagnosed the problem to be an outdated PIN. We take full responsibility for that. We immediately reached out to the responsible carrier and had a new PIN for you within four hours. Your next inquiry as to status was on August 9th, in which we responded (within three minutes) that we still had not seen an updated port-out request from your new carrier. Our team mentions that it sometimes takes three business days to get to our system, and that we would keep an eye out for it.

Upon your notice on August 13, that the port still had not gone through, NumberBarn kicked into high gear, and reached out to Verizon directly and on your behalf to provide the correct porting credentials. They informed us that no new updates had been provided up to that point. Verizon updated the port request based on our phone call, and submitted the request again. Our team promised to provide daily updates from then until the number ported away.

In reviewing our support tickets, I can see our team sent daily updates from August 14-20 (not including Sat/Sun) regarding any status updates, or lack thereof.

On Monday morning, August 20th, NumberBarn called Verizon again at 11:26am to verify the port request had, in deed, been submitted properly. Verizon confirms everything looks good, but we receive a support email (1:44pm) describing this all as a waste of time, because Verizon isn’t getting anywhere with the new PIN. Confused, NumberBarn calls Verizon back and confirms the number has received a hard transfer date for 08/22/2018 and that a Verizon retail-store team member provided erroneous information to you.

On 08/22/2018 NumberBarn performs test calls and determines that Verizon still has not picked up the number, and we kick into high gear again, contacting our carrier, and attempting to push the number through by calling Verizon. Verizon arranges for the number to automatically activate on its own, today, Friday, August 24th @ 1pm EST due to an impact timer being triggered. This is common when two carriers fail to properly communicate. Our team notified you of this yesterday, and we finally celebrated as the number ported out of our system on August 24th.

Again, we strive to meet number needs as quickly as possible. We take full responsibility that the PIN was wrong in the original port request, but we quickly provided the correct PIN, and reached out to Verizon on your behalf to move this port-out request along. We, naturally, request this review to be removed, but understand if you insist on it remaining live. It goes with the territory in doing business, and we know that not every interaction can be as perfect as we intend or plan.

In the interim, we hope we can continue to meet your numbers with the remaining numbers you still manage through NumberBarn. I can see we’ve been managing numbers for you since December 2017, and it seems like we’ve met your number needs up until this time. I hope anybody else reading this review would see that even when the going gets tough, we stick to our promise and fight fo our customers until the matter is resolved. Yes, it took quite a bit longer to port your number, but I’m not sure the timeline warrants the summation that we’re an absolute nightmare.

Please feel free to email us directly in the future when you want to port out any of your other numbers, and I’ll personally handle it from A-Z to make sure we have the correct porting credentials, and it ports as expected.
vardito
4/23/18

I was searching online for the best vanity telephone number for our company. I came across numberbarn.com. They had the number that I wanted so I put it in the shopping cart. Once I started going through the fine print for the purchase I realized that this is not a company that we wanted to work with. Even though I removed it from their cart, it is still showing as reserved. So they basically locked me out of using the number that I wanted. I have verified with other providers, and they confirm that it's numberbarn that has it on reserve. I have emailed them on a number of occasions as I can't seem to get one of their representatives on the phone. It is SO frustrating to know that they hi-jacked my number, just like that. Watch out!!!! Do not enter the number that you are interested in on the numberbarn website.

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Vardit, thanks again for reaching out here sharing your experience. Yes, when someone searches a number on our website, adds the number to their shopping cart and does not checkout, we do place this number on a reservations table to set it aside for 24 - 48 hours in the event you decide to come back and purchase the number. It is similar to how services like Ticketmaster hold your tickets for a period of time to ensure that they are reserved for you. We are real people that care (not phone number hi jackers) and are here via email. We will respond back to you within 1 hour or less. We also have live chat as well. NumberBarn does not offer phone support so we can pass the savings on to our customers. I do see your email to our team and that we replied to you. I hope that helps!
jimm1609
2/2/18

Do not park your number with this company you will never be able to port it out. They say they are there to assist but its a complete crock. They do nothing but give a run around and basically tell you they cannot port out your number or they cannot see the request. Do not trust them if you want to keep your number

Response from Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Hi Jim M. We appreciate the review, as it validates real people with real scenarios use our business. Unfortunately, we cannot verify if you're actually Jim M. as nobody with that name has contacted our support department, nor have our customers with the actual name (Jim M.) contacted us recently. Since this review coincided quite coincidentally with an angry string of support tickets, and threats of bad reviews by one particular customer, I'll assume it's "you" but protect your anonymity as you desire.

As a preface to my response, I'd like to say, NumberBarn processed 570 port outs in January alone. We have no problem processing port outs, and we encourage it if it will better meet your number needs. In addition, we list all needed and required porting credentials within the control panel so you can initiate a port request with another carrier without waiting on us. Further more, we've built the system to auto approve port out requests, and not sit on them for three full business days like we are allowed. We believe in speedy and timely support, because we actually believe in meeting number needs, and in no way targeted your one number to hold on to out of the rest.

All that to say, sometimes there are problems along the way, but with enough persistence they are usually overcome. Unfortunately, it's "along-the-way" that we garner the bad rep for "holding" on to numbers when often times it's revealed the new carrier is not submitting correctly. For example, some carriers refuse to acknowledge the warning DUE DATE CANNOT BE MET and simply tell their customers that the number is inactive or does not exist. This is simply untrue, and when the requested due date is backed up a couple of days, magically the port out request receives a confirmed transfer date.

There are other times when new carriers swear they are sending the port request, only to find they've been sending to the wrong carrier, and by default we cannot see the port request. Or come to find out, they were attempting to submit through their wireless portal, because they failed to acknowledge the type of number porting.

We never wish to have frustrated customers, but we also realize we cannot win them all. In the end, we don't get paid until we perform, and we've always refunded monies for ports we cannot complete. Of course, we don't even get paid until a number ports into our system. So, we work for free on the front end, and will refund money on the back end if we truly cannot get it done.

Unfortunately, what tends to happen, is threats of FCC complaints are thrown around, and mud slinging on review sites begin. We understand it's part of the business, because there's an automatic assumption that online businesses are out to get you, but we find it disappointing and below our shared humanity.

Please contact support with your real name so we can continue addressing this matter, unless it really is "you", then please allow 2-3 days for your $21 refund to post to your credit card account, and we'll keep working for free until we can get this done for you.
cck1
7/17/16

According to NumberBarn's adv if you park your #, it will not cancel your account with the carrier it is coming from. If you want to cancel service with carrier, you must do it yourself. BIG BOLD LETTERS, it says that.

So I parked my ATT cell # and, I believed, kept my account just without a working number for a few days while I shopped to see what carrier to move it to. Found awesome VZN deal if I switched from ATT to them -buy out my phone ($650), no activation fee... Apparently all summer long the major carriers have been having these 'come-to-us' wars. So I set everything up w/VZN, do a hard credit pull -everything's ready and LOOK, my "account" is NOT any longer with ATT. My "account" is with NumberBarn and so I am not coming over from ATT.

I cannot believe that something as common as these types of deals have not come up with loads of people --no one who parks a number even for a day can take advantage of any of the 'switch' deals. AND ATT actually did cancel the account the moment the number went to NumberBarn. When I emailed NumberBarn about the damage of doing what they say to do --NO WAY TO CALL NB, only email and an occasional catch-as-catch-can online chat person at their websit-- So I email them and they say - just port back to ATT and that will fix it.

So I've spent hours on this already and now I'm supposed to just put it back -another 5 days w/out the port being completed. PLUS, the actual park screwed up my old cell #, the number to which it was transferred for at least 24 hours --no calls could come thru the line to which the parked number was to be forwarded. And they are ONLY available by email and then it takes a day to get a reply -not a very helpful reply at that.

AND FINALLY, no I cannot just port it back to ATT **because** yes, my account did AUTOMATICALLY cancel at the ATT end just like it would do at VZN or any other carrier. And to get my account 'uncancelled', I have to go thru the full credit check/approval like a new account. AND I had a very old, "grand-fathered-in" LOW low priced plan at ATT which I lost forever. So can't get $650 from VZN and will pay $30/mth more to go back to ATT --since I will have to keep the Note 5 phone Im under contract for. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE from day one on every conceivable level. And customer service's response is "I do not understand the issue, why didn't you just port to VZN to begin with?"

Seriously?!! That amounts to 'well, why did you choose us to begin with'. DUH!! I chose them bc of their website claims and I did exactly what I was told. At least a week of carrying 3 phones trying to figure where the number was, where it was being forwarded and a good $1,000 either lost or to be paid out in future and another 5 days without any access to # being ported --if, indeed ATT will port it. Yeah, and *that's* their response. Oh, and they offered to refund my $11. Supposedly they have no clue about the nationwide 'switch-carrier' wars and great deals that everyone who parks their number will lose. It's like a bunch of bright high school techs w/no life experience thought up this great little 'ether-world' niche idea but have no clue how to look at the bigger picture of parking a number. AWFUL

Hi, Oswaldo! Our service does allow you to port a number to and from a mobile provider of your choice. The rate center of the number must be supported by each carrier, however. You can also forward your number with NumberBarn to an outside cell phone number.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Hi Susan, You can always reach us by logging in to your NumberBarn account at www.numberbarn.com/login and using the contact form in the "Help" section, or by emailing us at support@numberbarn.com and one of our agents will assist you.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Thank you for taking the time answering my question. Have a great day.

By E m.

Hi k t. You can definitely port your landline number to NumberBarn! Porting is what we do. However, you won't be able to port from NumberBarn directly to Google Voice. NumberBarn's numbers are classified as "wireline" and Google Voice will only accept wireless numbers. You can port your number to a cheap wireless service first and then on to Google Voice. We offer some help in our Help Center on this if you are interested: https://help.numberbarn.com/knowledge_base/topics/will-my-new-carrier-accept-a-numberbarn-number If you have any other questions about porting, feel free to reach out to us via email to support@numberbarn.com

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Jon! We have some great options for you here: https://www.numberbarn.com/search?type=local&npa=918&search=HURT The pricing will be found to the right of the numbers. If you have any questions about this, definitely reach out via email to support@numberbarn.com

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Shawn, yes, if you port your number to NumberBarn you can change your mind at any time and port it away to a service provider that can support you.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Serafino! We'd love to help you set up call forwarding with your number of 38 years. This guide will help walk you through how to do this: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-forward-your-calls/

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Curt! We'd love to help answer your questions. Please feel free to reach out to our customer support support at support@numberbarn.com.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, James! You can most definitely transfer your landline to NumberBarn so long as the number is still active. We're happy to hold it for you! You can find step by step instructions on this process here: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-and-park/

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative

Howdy, Craig! Our Park plan does not include call forwarding. If you are looking to transfer a number to NumberBarn and then use call forwarding, you'll want to look into our Call Forwarding services. You can find our step by step guide on this process here: https://www.numberbarn.com/blog/how-to-port-forward-your-calls/ If you run into any questions along the way, feel free to reach out to us via email to support@numberbarn.com.

By Brian M., NumberBarn Representative
Questions? Get answers from the NumberBarn staff and other customers.

1 Photo for NumberBarn