NorthAmericaHVAC reviews

Tel: 1-3732371300
generalappliancepart@northamericahvac.com

gc145
5/21/19

Ordered a motor and the main shaft would not turn, had to use pliers. I am an electrician. They would not replace because they said I was not an a/c technician. Also there is a 20% restocking fee and a 50% charge at their discretion if they they want. Check their return policy before you buy and be cautious. Amazon handles a lot of their products too but you have to go through NAHVAC to return something, not amazon.

roberts262
5/14/19

I ordered and paid 20 usd for shipping to canada. ordered on april 28th , then on may 2nd there was an update and then nothing, on may 14th i contacted them through live chat and Ashley c responded by saying its probably at customs but no way to know for sure and that I have to call customs and only after that I will know whats going on with the package, she said once its handed to customs which she doesnt even know for sure its not there problem, worst customer service DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

barryq2
5/13/19

I almost ordered from AMAZON, but decided to contact North America HVAC's website. I pulled up their chat box, and the service was wonderful. The man checked and rechecked the furnace motor that I needed as well as the capacitor. I ordered it on a Tuesday afternoon and it was delivered to my home on Thursday. I installed the motor and capacitor Friday morning......the motor is heavy duty and runs wonderfully well. We have a furnace and air conditioning again. The best part is I spent about $360.00 with the parts, shipping etc.. My local HVAC company was going to charge me $1,260.00 for the same thing. Do I think North American HVAC is great....yes.

sw304
5/10/19

My furnace died so we ordered the part off from Amazon.....Replacement for Fasco Furnace Vent Venter Exhaust Draft Inducer Motor A130. North American HVAC sent the wrong part. When I notified them of this they just said that the part they sent was correct. The part I needed was for 3450RPMs and per the description on Amazon that is what we ordered but what they sent was for 3000RPMs and it would not run my furnace. I sent many, many emails to them. I had to spend my own money to ship it back ($16.00) and they refunded me 50% of what I paid for the motor. I did complain to Amazon and in the end the company did refund all my money with the exception of the $16 I spent to sent it back. They are not worth the hassle.

douga91
5/3/19

I thought they would be reputable since they are an Amazon provider. Wrong. Ordered a replacement condenser fan motor which did not work. I installed the motor, but when it did not work I called an ac technician. He confirmed that it was installed properly and ruled out any other malfunction of the system. Installation of the fan is simple and a no brainer. This company says that since it was not installed by a licensed technician, I can return it to them at my expense and if their technician determines that it is defective they will charge a 50% restock fee. Horrible company.

edilsc
2/11/19

My experience with NorthAmericaHVAC sounds typical. Like many others I wish I had read the reviews. First, I needed a water heater thermostat because my mom was without hot water and no local store had the part in stock. Here's my experience: (Day 1) - I ordered the part on a Sunday with express shipping to arrive by Wed. (Day 2) - I received an email explaining my order was delayed because NorthAmericanHVAC had none of the parts in stock... so why was I able to order in the first place. (Day 5) - Mom was not a happy camper, the showers at the local state park had hot water but she did not. I went to their website contact us area and cancelled the order and tried to talk with a person but the only phone number I could find was disconnected. I had to source the thermostat with a different vendor. (Day 6) - I disputed the charge with Citibank. The following day my Citibank had the charge credited back. (Day 9) - a very busy day with NorthAmericaHVAC. I receive notice my order was shipped and NorthAmericaHVAC provided a USPS tracking number. The problem was that the tracking number did not register with USPS. I immediately replied to the email explaining that I had canceled the order previously. NorthAmericaHVAC replied; too late, my order was shipped. After some back and forth NorthAmericaHVAC issued an RMA# for the return and setup for a 0% re-stocking fee for the return. The RMA email maintained that I should obtain insurance for the return RMA shipment and that I should not refuse delivery. Many different types of fee's or charges were listed that could be levied against me regardless of what I did. Six hours after receiving NorthAmericaHVAC's shipping notice the tracking number would register in USPS but the item had not been given to USPS. At that time I called the national number for USPS to refuse delivery but was told the refusal would have to be setup online by me, or by my local post office. I attempted to setup a refusal online but was unable. (Day 10) - I attempted to setup a refusal online but for some reason the "ship to" and "return" address were the same. I then called my local post office to setup a refusal... and kept calling until they had received it. (Day 11) - The item was scheduled for delivery by EOD but my local post office had set up the refusal so it was sent back. (Day 17) - Thermostat received back at NAHVAC. (Day 18) - I received an email from NAHVAC with a status change to my order... "Now Refunded" with the "order total amount" listed. I waited for the next Citbank billing cycle and called Citibank to verify the refunded amount and settle up with Citibank. Citibank showed a partial charge back, not the order total as the email eluded to. (A month from the original order).....Hindsight - , I believe that NorthAmericaHVAC is highly deceptive. NorthAmericaHVAC should list available quantities and provide an accurate expectation of when the order will ship. I feel that NorthAmericaHVAC uses scare tactics to persuade you from returning items. And I'm not sure what the "Ship to" and "return" addresses being the same was all about.

kristinp56
1/31/19

I ordered a critical part for my furnace and paid for express shipping. 3 days later NO PARTS and it is -30 here. I HAVE NO HEAT AND IT IS -30 OUT. Their response when I contact them? Oh, well we shipped it so we can't help you. I checked with the shipping company and they created a shipping label 3 DAYS AFTER I ordered the part and the tracking number is INVALID. Their response? We'll get back to you.

albertl77
1/26/19

I ordered furnace parts from this company over a 3.5 weeks ago and I still have not received part. If try calling them, no one picks up the phone. Check their rating with the Better Business Bureau (F) = Horrible!!!!
Stay away...

sharonm492
1/14/19

I ordered an exhaust motor to repair my HVAC. I paid $180 for this motor. My son in law installed it and it did not turn. In the mean time, because of other issues with the HVAC, I decided to replace the whole unit. So, had the HVAC guy take off the part so I could send it back. I returned it expecting an 15% "restock fee". They charged me 50% to take it back. Reason: said it had signs of being installed, small scratches, etc. Well, yes, I did buy it to install it, not to set it on a shelf. I told them it did not work anyway. They said they would replace it if it did not work. So, how would I know that it did not work UNLESS I INSTALLED IT? This is a policy designed to fail for the customer and benefit their bottom line. They got their motor back and $90.00 What a great deal for them.I was also appalled to see they proudly put on their site They are closed Fri. and Sat. bc they are Seventh Day Adventist. I am personally confused as to how you can do this kind of rip off and with good conscience advertise your "faith". I don't know anything about their "faith", but my faith says it's wrong to screw your neighbors and customers. Lesson learned.

dalet153
12/29/18

My furnace went out and I needed a part immediately. I found this place. I was hesitant after reading the bad reviews but gave it shot anyways. I'm glad I did! Great service, fast shipping, part fit perfectly.

johnt897
11/21/18

Ordered a Trane run capacitor for my heat pump. Googled the part aenpartTrane part. When I emailed them about the mistake, they said it was not a mistake, that the part sent was what I was supposed to get, that it was the substitute for the Trane. I told them there wasn't anything anywhere on their site that said I would be getting a substitute. I asked why a Trane part was pictured and they said it was not labeled anywhere as a Trane and was only meant to inform the customer that the part sent was equivalent. I told them that was not sufficient. E picture shown had no identifying company on it but was listed as a Trane part, even in the description below the picture. They offered to take the part back and not charge me a restocking fee but they would not send a recall slip so it meant I would have to pay for shipping ($7-$8). Also sent me a link to the page where a true OEM part, and I wonder if it would be a true part, could be ordered. I contacted the BBB about them and they sent 2 inquiries but received no replies. It is apparent they run a bait and switch operation. Return shipping is almost as much as I paid for the part to begin with. This place is a very untrustworthy place to do business with.

gervendb
10/17/18

I bought a furnace board with fast delivery and received something else. They ask me to buy again the board if I wonted it shipped before they get the bad item, plus to pay myself for shipping. Do we have to pay for their mistakes?

Tip for consumers: Do not trust them, do not use their service. They do not respect their customers.

derekr79
9/11/18

Here is the dialogue between myself and this company
Their mistake cost my company delays and unsatisfactory opinions from my customer about who I do business with. Our company has a 100% customer satisfaction or they don't pay a dime. Ultimately, even when you "lose" to satisfy a customer, you "win, because you satisfied a customer. POLICY is satisfy the customer.

North America HVAC is "FIRM" on not satisfying the customer.

Agent Phil has joined the chat.
Welcome to NorthAmericaHVAC.com! I'm Phillip, your online Sales Representative. How can I assist you today?
Hi! I'd be happy to assist you today. For starters, could you please provide your order number?
I ordered a part with your company and received the wrong part. Now I am in a bit of a rush because the right part will take longer to get here and going through the whole return process.
111-1768097-2852247
05:43
through Amazon
05:44
Ticket S44274-T264249 is created. The chat transcript will be attached to this ticket after the transcript is saved by system.
05:44
I'll need to ask you a couple of questions to research this
k
05:44
Can you please tell me what part number you received from us in the mail, sir?

i ordered the AP14339B-1
05:45
OK. This is quite possibly an upgraded number. Please bear with me while I check that

05:46
OK, thank you for waiting, sir. I was able to confirm that this was a shipping error.
I have a water heater scheduled for install. but this error has cost a customer not getting hot water. I need an expedited shipping of the right part please
Well, we do apologize for the inconvenience, sir
05:51
Our process for this works just a little differently
If you need it right away, what I'd recommend is placing a new order for the part and requesting a refund, as our policy requires that we get the original part back before we can reship a replacement.
Give me just a moment and I'll generate a paid label for this
05:53
05:53
If I purchase a new item with you, will you pay for next day air
05:54
I apologize, sir, but we wouldn't be able to do that.
05:55
I know it's frustrating, but our company is very firm on this policy.
I would recommend that you re-order with USPS Priority--that's going to get it to you in 1-3 business days and it's typically what of the cheapest shipping options.
05:56
What I am seeing through your writing to understand it in a simple way. Your company will NOT make good on their mistakes.
05:56
I would lik,e the return label please
Will have it in just a few moments, sir
1447143.pdf
Alright, I've just uploaded it to this chat.
Are you able to see it, sir
I believe I gave an ample opportunity for your company to make things right. Unfortunately, per your policy, I am not sure your company is very customer service orientated.

tonyh188
8/23/18

Thought I purchased two Trane chiller circuit boards. Well, I thought I did. Silly me, trusting the description as well as pictures of the actual part that I wanted but got nothing remotely close to that. Board is obsolete but still in circulation so I figured I would check Ebay for an OEM exact replacement (stated in the description) but instead received a retrofit replacement for the board (could have got it myself from Trane if I that's what I wanted, thanks guys.) Bottom line is stay far far away from this company and save yourself the headache. This rag tag company is just a middle man that reaches out to manufacturers and posts the most misleading item descriptions I have ever seen. It is literally like a monkey is in charge. Oh and one more thing, good luck trying to reach a human via phone...ha! It's 2018 but nope! Was told that customer service can only be reached by web chat or email. You literally cannot make this stuff up.

raes21
4/6/18

Ordered Oregon high quality mower belt and received a Jason Industrial Chinese nockoff instead of the Oregon. Jason belt is advertised on site for significantly less money and experience shows that the Jason belt has very short life. This seems to be a SOP for this underhanded company. They're MIA when trying to return the belt. These guys are listed on Walmart's site as EF Company but it the same shyster outfit. It's a shame that a "0" star rating is not possible.

vinceh26
4/5/18

I placed my order through Amazon and didnt realize it was a transaction with a marketplace provider. NAHVAC didnt ask in advance if they could send a substitute (non-equivalent) product. Maybe they just assumed that I would accept the substitute, but I wasnt ok with it since the market value of the substitute item was approximately 40% lower than the cost of the one I ordered. The quality of the substitute item was also not as good as the one advertised. Im not sure if their e-catalog just needs an update or if they intentionally misrepresent items. The returns process was easy via Amazon, but return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer. Fortunately, I was not assessed any restocking fees, and I did receive a prompt return credit. Nonetheless, my recommendation is to look elsewhere for parts until NAHVAC improves their business practices.

deezn13
3/9/18

I complained and Sharissa did the same disappearing act after sending an email saying that is was the right part. Apparently they expect me to pay to ship back a part that I didn't ask for in order to get my money back. What a horrible company. I filed a claim with Amazon but I don't expect any help from them either. Wish I could get to IN to confront these crooks face to face.

davef73
2/21/18

I ordered a specific part using the correct part number for what I needed, and they send a sub version that had different connectors (same housing) but different outputs. They could not understand my need for the correct one. After no phone support, and emailing for over 1/2 a day I told them to give me an RMA so I could return the part.

I called a different retailer (SupplyHouse.com) and got the correct part next day air'd within 5 minutes.

I wouldn't recommend doing business with NorthAmericaHVAC

billf93
2/12/18

Like everyone else, they sent me the wrong part Had a hell of a time tracking down the actual business. The company is actually Sellersburg Heating and Air, located in Sellersburg, IN. Their phone number is *

*Personal information redacted by admin

marlenel16
1/8/18

My Red Flag was when Sharissa would not reply back to either of my messages when I asked if we could drive down to pick it up today!
************************************************************************************************
Message Info
Subject:Inducer motor
Content:Hi, our furnace has been out since Saturday. Can this part for sure be sent out today? If not we will need to drive down to pick it up today.
Fasco ICP Tempstar Inducer Motor 7021-12429 702112429
ID:39695
Time:01/08/2018 08:24:15
Name: marlene (I removed my last name for this post)
Email: I removed my email for this post
Company:
Phone:
Source:Chat Button
Request Page:NorthAmericaHVAC.com (http://www.northamericahvac.com/)
Attachment:
__________________________________________________________________
Hello,
Yes, we currently have 9 of these motors in stock. If you would like to place that order and let me know of your order number and I will make sure we get it shipped out today! Please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Please respond to this email rather than starting a new one. It will enable us to help you more quickly.
Thanks.

NorthAmericaHVAC
Customer Support Team
Sharissa
8:42 am
NorthAmericaHVAC <info@northamericanhvac.com>

Will the total amt be $188.44?

Hello,
No, I apologize but I see the cheapest we sell this part for is $188.44 on our Ebay store. Since you are in the state of Indiana, you will be required to pay the state tax. Also, depending on your shipping method, you may be required to pay for shipping. You will need to click add to cart, enter your shipping address, then it will give you the estimated total and shipping time frames available. Please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Thanks.
NorthAmericaHVAC
Customer Support Team
Sharissa
8:53 am
NorthAmericaHVAC <info@northamericanhvac.com>

Sorry to be a pain. Even if it ships today we won't have it until Thursday, can we drive down today and pick it up. We are heating our house with our fireplace and electric fan's.

8:59 am

Hi Sharissa,

Yes it comes to $201.63, which is fine. I just need to know if we can drive down and pick it up. The drive is 3 hour's and 29 minutes, but we cannot wait until Thursday to get it.

10:32 am

Sharissa,

I want to thank you so much for your lousy customer service skills.

By not replying back to me we were able to locate the part for $160.00, the shipping is $15.00 and it will be here tomorrow.

I also read page after page of horrible reviews on North America HVAC, how this company has stayed in business is beyond words!

So yes by all mean's take all the reviews posted about this company very serious.

I do appreciate that you not reply back to my last two messages about us driving down to pick up this part. The was a major red flag, which lead me to search online for reviews and I'm so thankful that I did.

tonic54
12/4/17

Ordered an Oregon branded bar/chain combo from this outfit through Amazon and they sent me a Timber Ridge - chinese junk - bar/chain combo instead. When applying for a return through Amazon - I got an email from N.A. HVAC saying that the product they shipped was the same quality and function. I could return it and they would waive the re-stocking fee (real nice of them) but that I had to pay the return shipping/insurance which was NO WAY. I ended up getting Amazon involved with an A-Z guarantee to have them contact this trash to send me a pre-paid label which at this point is still on going. I'm sure Amazon will make it right no matter what - but watch this 3rd party outfit when buying through Amazon in the future.

judyg68
11/18/17

Stay away from this company!!! There are times when speaking to a real human being by telephone may come in handy. But as I was told by one of their on-line chat folks, it is not possible.
So what was my problem? Well, my house was freezing, and I ascertained that the problem was a broken draft fan that needed to be replaced. I provided the on-line chat person with the model # and serial # of my Carrier furnace, and he promptly sent me a link to the replacement part in their catalog I needed. So I ordered it for $125 and I spent an additional $90 to get it overnighted to me, because the house was really cold!
The part came the following day as promised, and as soon as I returned from work I set about to fix my furnace. Only problem was, they sent me the wrong part. I mean it was a induction fan motor, but it did not fit into my unit. Because it was the evening, I had no way to reach the company, and not installing it would have meant another two days of a cold house (ordering the following day and then waiting until the next day for the part to be overnighted to me).
So, I jury-rigged the incorrect part they sent me (this involved a number of steps that I wont bore you with here, but included using a hacksaw to reduce the depth of the motor mount and drilling into the sheet metal of the mount of my broken motor to mount the new motor.
These tasks occupied the entire evening. What should have been a relatively simply swap-out became a big mess, and although I got it to work (house warm now), I was not able to put the cover on the furnace because the wrong motor they sent me extended too far out .
When I notified the company the next day, the chat guy told me that they had indeed shipped the proper part. So either: 1) I had hallucinated about the events of the previous evening when I spent more than four hours figuring out a way to jury-rig the wrong replacement part to heat my house or 2) the chat guy was wrong.
Spoiler alert: the chat guy was wrong. I even had an engineer friend of mine come by to help me with the fix. He can testify that I wasnt hallucinating.
The chat guy finally sent me the e mail of some type of supervisor, but he did not bother to respond to my e mail.
I was able to get the proper part from a different company.
I am hopeful that AMEX will back me and not charge me for the incorrect part and the overnight shipping fee.
What an aggravating waste of time. Avoid this company!

teghnologyc
11/3/17

20% restocking fee for an item that was never even taken out of the USPS box. Not cool.

The customer was very nonchalant and didnt even seem to care that they were giving me bad service

steveng121
10/28/17

L A Y E R S !!!!!! They are not responsible for what they are doing.They impudence has no limits.Is hard to believe what they are still working and AMAZON did not refused to work with them.

patricks157
10/11/17

This is another review about this terrible company, selling inferior parts along with terrible customer service.
As a 74 year old Senior in Prince George, B.C., I wish I had read the reviews from others, of this unbelievably poor service company before I purchased anything from them. I would never have done business with them. As it is they have caused me nothing but grief and financial loss.
They continue to refuse to refund my money or to supply me with a working furnace part to replace the defective part I returned to them.
Please, for your own financial health and well being, stay far away from this company.

Tip for consumers: Stay far away fron North America HVAC!

They do not have number so they won't have to talk to irate customers

By Kirk A.

I'd recommend almost anywhere that sells the part you need over these people. What kind of part are you looking for?

By Rodney P.

Questions? Get answers from the NorthAmericaHVAC staff and other customers.

3 Photos for NorthAmericaHVAC