Nitrado

Ratings On Other Platforms

Trustpilot
4.5 / 5

Nitrado has a consumer rating of 3.05 stars from 103 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Nitrado ranks 7th among Server sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 7 days

No positive highlights yet

• I went to order an ark server with 4 slots because the option was there and the price was at 5.75 cad.
How would you rate Nitrado?

“Customer support”

Thomas H.
12/27/20

I am renting a server at nitrado to host an ark server. We have done several changes and managed to make a boo boo. Contacted customer support and Alejandro Chavez was assigned to help me. He provided excellent help to me. And our server is now back to full normal status. I'm very happy with this server host, and the support they provide. I also want to say this has been resolved so quickly, and that has been during Christmas holidays!

“Worst Server Host”

Adam L.
10/2/21

Thousands of us play Bohemia's DAYZ custom servers. They're always going down. Ever wondered why there's so much LAG on your DAYZ server? It's due to the incapabilities of Nitrado Hosting. Petition Bohemia to change their Hosts. There's 100's of Hosting companies out there that do a much better job. Nitrado monopolise and are only interested in the money. Gamers just want a decent experience and value for money.

server (27)
adaml723
October 2nd, 2021

Thousands of us play Bohemia's DAYZ custom servers. They're always going down.
Gamers just want a decent experience and value for money.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t bother paying a penny. Petition Bohemia and Nitrado on Change.org.

Community Servers

Hello!

I'm sorry to find out your experience was not good.

We are mostly interested in providing a great experience to all users who use our services.

If you'd be so kind to provide your contact information I'd be able to offer additional insight on what might be happening to your services and offer a proper resolution.

Let us know if you'd wish us to continue investigating this,

We'll patiently await your reply.

Alex

mattk199
January 21st, 2020

After having repeated hardware problems on my small server, causing my clients to disconnect for extended periods of time, I raised a support ticket along with two replies that provided additional information such as crash logs and timings etc. This ticket was removed from my support interface (although the interface still told me I had open tickets in a big red warning at the top) and nobody ever responded to me beyond the initial automated email confirming they had received my ticket.

After two days of no response, I raised a further ticket to query why no-one had responded to my initial ticket. Again, an automated receipt email was received, but again, I received NO response and the open ticket disappeared from my interface the following day.

As someone who works with servers on an infrastructure level, I understand that hardware fails sometimes. This isn't an issue and this review is in no way in response to the rented server's performance. This review is purely aimed at the unprofessional and downright rude behaviour of support staff who apparently have no inclination towards interacting with their customers.

danielv858
April 27th, 2022

Very $#*!ty and unstable gaming experience, we were 4 players online, unable to do anything due to lag and the best that support can tell, after few days waiting for an anser is that they solved the problem; which is not...

Even after upgrading the server to the best they offer; it is not possible to play the game, but also, it is not possible to change the game, delete files or anything..

Hello, Daniel.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

It would be really appreciated if you could please write us at reviews@nitrado.net and provide us with your user ID number, so we can corroborate this interaction and then help you in the best way possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

fidans
December 12th, 2020

My friends stopped playing on my freshly renewed minecraft server so i tried to request a refund through the chat support. Yere Fernandez helped me through text and not only canceled my server but also gave me a 100% refund!

I'm very pleased with how i've been helped. This took 10 minutes max. That's the least i have to wait to get to talk to someone when calling my ISP lol!

Hello Fidan,

We appreciate your feedback! It's really great to hear about your experience with Yere in support and we want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. Please don't hesitate to let us know about any additional feedback or suggestions that you may have in the future.

thomash1385
December 27th, 2020
Verified purchase

I am renting a server at nitrado to host an ark server.
We have done several changes and managed to make a boo boo.

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear about your experience with Alejandro and we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about it. Please don't hesitate to let us know about any additional feedback or suggestions that you may have for us in the future.

rickym180
December 9th, 2021

Purchased a server, Immediately after payment hit with a downtime message.

Not once prompted during signup was there a warning that there would be a downtime with the server I am about to purchase.

Support page does not respond on multiple browsers and devices with and or with out a VPN on multiple different networks.

Email ticket takes upto 24 hours for a response from support.

Just stick with AAA gameserver host's

Don't

Gameserver host

Hello Ricky,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we couldn't possibly have predicted that we would have an outage to warn you before your purchase. Our team is diligently working on restoring services back to their normal quality.

ddjfjj
August 14th, 2021

Crashing, lagging, $#*! customer service, losing data, games not working, rendering is $#*!ed, actual gameplay is AIDS, $#*! fps, fps stuttering stopping then continue killing you or putting you in places you shouldn't be, theres not much else to complain about because the entire experience has been horrible. Do you're self a favor either dont buy nitrado or find a better service for less with better compatibility and performance so youre not complaining and getting pissed off when all of the above happens to you on their $#*! service.

Hello Ddjfj,

We truly apologize for any misunderstanding you had with what our services are for. Please be aware that we are a game server hosting provider, we don't really have any control on the game rendering nor the frames per-second performance of any game, it would be something that depends on the player's hardware, we neither work with the gameplay of the games, as we do not develop them, what we offer you is the service to host a dedicated server for many different games, in different platforms.

We can always give you assistance with any server related performance issues, if you could please elaborate on the issues you were experiencing on your server, we kindly invite you to get in contact with us through any of our different customer service channels, link below:

danielm3121
January 6th, 2022

Tickets replied every other day if lucky 3 maps constantly down out of 8, our val crystal and island map, they don't seem to show much get go in tickets we've had to keep chasing them up, it really does feel like they'll reply when they feel like it, at this point we've decided not to increase days as we're essentially paying for maps that are down all day and night, it's a joke isn't it, we are literally paying for 3 maps that aren't active they aren't doing anything about it, this isn't just something that's happened over night it's been 2 months nobody from nitrado seems to have much information on what's happening or any real empathy for the fact people are paying for a service, they aren't providing

Hello Daniel,

We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some difficulties with a few of your services. We'd love to investigate the difficulties and look into why you feel like we aren't replying to your support requests. Can you please email us with your userID or other pertinent account information to reviews@nitrado.net so we may investigate?

chancek9
July 25th, 2020

ASK FOR SAM Ok. So like alot of people ive had problems with nitrado. Its a love hate relationship ive issued tickets before and they went un answered but i called them directly and was introduced to a very professional young man who went by Sam just simply Sam. He fixed my problem right away and got my stuff back on track. Hay Nitrado give this guy a raise.

Hello Chance,

We appreciate the feedback of our customers and thank you for your review.
We wish you a good time!

mattn274
April 15th, 2022

Owned multiple servers across a few years, Everytime i have bought a server from them about 2 weeks after there is some sort of rollback loss of data that NITRADO can not fix they consistently expect the consumer for having to fix any issues related to loss of data eg; using commands or cheats to get your stuff back when its them that are hosting the server. Constant data loss or server restarting have had the issue on there website for nearly a week and it still remains unfixed but still happy to sell servers full well knowing that at any point you could be sent into a restart loop in which your server doesn't start and have to wait for upto 3 days to get it back.

Hello Matt,

We are truly sorry about the inconvenience you had with our service.

Sadly, back then we had a general issue that affected some game servers, it has been resolved now, and all affected services have been fully compensated.

bobi303
November 6th, 2021

My server is stuck in restart state. I contacted the support via ticket. The only answer he had for me was:

We can't do anything, time will solve your problem. WTF!
24 hours laters, my server is still not fixed. I lost a day of rental. I lost players.
Been renting server from them for too long. It's not the first time is happend over the past years.
Looking into a new server provider because I feel they only want the cheese and dont **** care about the customers.

Do you a favor and look somewhere else.

Nitrado R. – Nitrado Rep

Hello Bob! I'd like to personally take a look at this situation since I feel there might have been a misunderstanding within our interaction.
Unfortunately, I can't reach any account information with the data you've provided in your review.
If you'd be so kind to send us an additional E-mail with your information I'll personally make sure to get a proper resolution.

We apologize for your overall experience with this issue and thank you for your patience throughout it.

jessel258
March 8th, 2022

My Xbox one DayZ server has been shutting off and back on randomly for the last 3 days. Every. Single. Time. I have contacted Nitrado, and they have said, "the issue has been fixed." or "We see the current issue, and we will have it fixed in an hour."

They told me they would have it fixed in an hour, and it has been 6. I've have spent over an hour on the phone with them, and they can't seem to do their $#*!ing job.

Avoid at all costs.

Server Rental

Hello Jesse,

We are truly sorry about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your DayZ server.

It would be really appreciated if you could please write us at reviews@nitrado.net and provide us with your Nitrado user ID number, so we can investigate and corroborate what you mention on your review, so we can take action and help you to get fixed these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance, we will be waiting for you to provide us with your information, so we can assist you better.

richb449
April 18th, 2022

As Bohemia stand alone DayZ is only available on Nitrado, you are very limited. The price is very reasonable and the support crew responds overnight but the reliability of the servers located in Miami leaves a lot to be desired. Seems we have more "stuck in restart" than run time. After submitting a support ticket, I got a speedy response but nothing changed, Frustrating for sure and to make it worse, I got an email asking me to auto-pay for more months. I have to believe this can be done better. My son is a server admin for a major bank and agrees that the response should not take days to figure out but maybe 24 hours at most. Nitrado... you can do better, please see to this problem. Thanks.

Patience

DayZ Standalone server

Hello Rich,

We are truly sorry about the inconvenience you experienced with our service.

Unfortunately, we were having a general issue with some servers, causing them to be stuck in a restarting process, the issue has been fixed by now, and all affected services have been compensated.

jwnerdn
June 25th, 2020

@*******@nitrado please guys don't rent from Nitrado. I have learned they are a freaking joke. And don't care about customer support one bit. Been waiting 2 days *******@*******@nitrado
Support ticket response because YET AGAIN my rented server is F'd up. I'm starting to get pissed off. F'ing A'Holes.

Tip for consumers:
@Nitrado_EN @nitrado please guys don't rent from Nitrado. I have learned they are a freaking joke. And don't care about customer support one bit. Been waiting 2 days for @nitrado
@nitrado
support ticket response because YET AGAIN my rented server is F'd up. I'm starting to get pissed off. F'ing A'Holes.

Ark server

jackl509
December 11th, 2020

I got great support from Elias H. On an issue I couldn't have fixed myself. Cheap rates and good service? I'll take it.

Hello JAck,

We really appreciate the feedback from our customers. We are glad that you are happy with our support team. We will pass on your praise to the support team as well. We thank you for your rating and wish you a good time. Stay healthy!

neek
July 15th, 2020

Purchased server. Doesn't work.

Contact Support: "game doesn't work we don't know when it will".

"Can I get my money back?"

"Please submit a ticket."

0/10 avoid

shawns421
October 21st, 2020

Nitrado has failed to provide service for multiple gaming servers. Originally we tried to host a 7 days to die server and it wiped, corrupted and was unable to replace. We switched to ARK hoping it was a fluke. That server was also corrupted and wiped 2 weeks in. Today we have experienced yet another customer support agent telling us that the server we have been using for funny enough, 2 weeks, is now corrupted and needs to be wiped/backed up to the beginning. I will never do business with this company again and hope no one else does. They also do not have professionals in their customer service. It takes way too long to hear back from them even in a live chat setting it can take up to 10 minutes for a response after they initially say "Hello, *customer name*". I have attached our most recent experience with their customer service showing that they fail to provide a functiional service yet again.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away and find a reliable service with actual people that know how to host a server. Nitrado is restricted by how much they can assist with as their support has limited education in keeping up with maintenance and prevention.

ARK: Survival Evolved also had/has a contract with this company and the game fails to keep their customers happy due to constant server issues I would think are absolutely related to Nitrado. Stay away and dont allow your business to be sucked into a cheap bid.

Products used:
I will use a highly rated service next time. Nitrado has been consistent in their failures and will not receive any more business from me or in any of my future contracts moving on.

Hello Shawn,

We appreciate the feedback of our customers very much. I would like to take a closer look at the process. I have sent you a private message so that we can look at the topic again together and find a solution together. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

brandonf329
April 29th, 2022

The servers they host are always going down or restarting on their own. Can not log in half the time

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience, we want to make sure this issue is no longer.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

matthews1245
October 26th, 2020

Company was dishonest with me, and ended up having to request a refund. The forums removes comments of problems and told me it is not the place to troubleshoot, though that is the exact forum title. They close threads and mark them resolved, while the servers continue to not work. The issues were never resolved, and after being promised a full refund, they turned around and told me it was a credit and that I am to use it with them for another service.

The server would go offline nearly daily, and would not have any reason in the logs or explanation when asking customer service as to why.

Server settings could not be applied, regardless of trying their methods, and even when they attempted to do so for me, they could not get the settings to work in 2 separate attempts. (note: on a private server, on my own pc, the settings updated without any issue, and did not need a new game save as they claimed was required each time.)

Ram displayed upon server booting up showed approximately 650 mbs, while I paid for 2 gbs. When I asked about this, I never received a response.

Server ran sluggish and had interesting lag issues which they claimed was due to running on the wrong equipment, and then claimed that they moved it to proper equipment, but no difference was found in the supposed new equipment.

When told that I would receive a full refund in a live chat, they then messaged me that they will give me a credit so I can purchase another service from them, and then sent me emails asking if I wanted to change my mind about the server, instead of my refund, which I still have not received.

When calling their phone number provided multiple times, it just rings nonstop with no one ever answering the call. I waited over 10 minutes multiple times.

When asking their customer service why I could not use the EAH program for the Empyrion server, which is released by the developer and comes with the game, I was told it is a third party program, though it is not.

I have more grievances with this company, but this should demonstrate the issues and to their degree of fault. They could never explain the nearly daily occurrences of the server shutting itself down, why settings and game admin controls would not work, why a program made by the game makers was not support, why the ram was a fraction of what I was paying for, and why the server continued to lag even after their supposed equipment change.

Hello Matthew,

petraf16
August 9th, 2021

I rented a server in hopes to get to play with me and my friends.
The most important custom settings were missing and we wanted to add the commands.
None of the official commands worked in game through the server.
When I contacted support about it, I got a lengthy condescending answer how that is not what support is for and to look into their forum.
In the forum my post got deleted because it was "answered" in another post from June 2020 - bwt it was not, the person in there gave up like me.
If you want a stable server, yes they are ok.
If you want customer service that is non existent, then this is perfect for you.
I found a better more user friendly competitor.
No refunds.
Choose wisely.

Tip for consumers:
PixArk does not come with a full control panel and commands added to the config files are not functional within the game.

Hello Petra,

We truly apologize for the recent bad experience you had with our services.

We would really appreciate it if you could please specify to us which ones of the most important customer settings were missing, and if you could please give us an example of an in-game command not working, so then we can investigate more in-depth the issue you were experiencing and help you get it fixed.

Please be aware that we do refunds, just a few minutes after you requested for a refund, we started the process to refund the amount directly into your payment method.

We are eagerly awaiting to assist you further with your requests, please feel free to raise a new ticket, in the following link: https://support.nitrado.net/#/

Also, please have no hesitation to give us any further feedback or suggestions you might have in the future.

nickv426
May 4th, 2022

The experience with Nitrado's customer support was horrific customer service and completely unhelpful. Our server was brought down multiple times over multiple days unexpectedly through a fully server-side initiated save and shut down, not a crash. I proved through the logs that the server did not crash, the technician refused to believe this and insisted on the issue being with the discord bot. All the modified dates of every file on the server was reset to the current time of the shutdown. This leads me to believe the server was shutdown with no notice to copy our files from one machine to another, interrupting our service with no notice. This is poor business practice and caused detrimental effects to our playerbase.

When asked to escalate to a supervisor on the phone, the technician refused and insisted that there were no managers in the call center. When pressed, he said he would check if his supervisor would take the call and then proceeded to tell me that they refused to take the call and we would have to wait 2 business days to hear from the development team, which the ticket was never actually escalated to, and the technician continued to insist on the issue being our mods. The technician was unprofessional, lazy and refused to give any help beyond blaming our mods, which worked without issue on our local server and our previous host.

He also claimed there are no surveys to give feedback on about the customer's experience with support. In my 8 years working at call centers, I've never seen a technical support call center not have a survey to fill out. After this experience, I reached out to support to file a formal complaint on this technician, this was never done despite being assured it was. I posted on Nitrado's forums of this experience only to have my forum account banned for speaking out about their customer service with no reason being given to why I was banned. I had to reach out to a volunteer moderator to find out any information, which they let me know that the reason the account was banned was because complaints need to be directed through support tickets or calling support, which was the whole problem to begin with.

To any managers that read this, I am extremely dissatisfied with my entire experience with Nitrado as we paid double over our previous host and received worse performance, worse customer service and no tools to monitor our server at all. I do not recommend renting servers with Nitrado.

Do not rent from Nitrado

Hello, Nick.

I apologize for the experience you've described to have had.

After, I'll personally look into all tickets and interactions to make sure we get to an appropriate solution.

If this was reported before, I'd guarantee the necessary actions have been taken, if you consider that this is not the case, please send me an e-mail to the address previously provided to start taking action.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

markd2161
July 10th, 2021

Everytime I look the server has gone offline again and even when I start it up it does now work just a waste of money in my experience I woukd expect a full refund but they don't give either, don't use them

Hello Mark D.,

We’re very sorry that you’ve experienced this issue. We want to ensure you get the best experience and that your problem is resolved as quickly as possible, please could you E-Mail reviews@nitrado.net with the ticket ID? We will look into this and ensure it is taken care of.

chrise793
May 24th, 2021

Terrible servers that can be Ddosed by a potato. But the most frustrating thing is that our customer support tickets are now been ignored when asking for help for the last 9 days.

Servers purchased from Nitrado are easily Ddosed. Currently I have 12 servers with Nitrado. All of which are Ddossed dail, shutting the servers down and rolling the ingame save point back. Now the save filed are corrupt as the servers keep getting attacked and what i was told on the phone before the support hung up was there is nothing that can be done.

We have spend 1000's of dollars on these servers to be told nothing can be done. Thank you for killing our cluster with your terrible customer service and Ddoss protection. We will NOT be purchasing anymore servers from Nitrado... EVER...

Iif I could give this review 0 stars I would. Avoid at all costs!

Its not worth the heart ache watching a cluster of 1800 people die and it been allowed by Nitrado. Its obvious Nitrado only care about making money.

SAD... VERY SAD!

#10932535: Server Ddos
#10938165: formal complaint
#10934754: Ddos attacks

Tip for consumers:
DO NOT BUY NITRADO SERVERS!!!!!!

Game servers

Hello Chris,
We’re very sorry that you have experienced difficulties, apologies for the inconvenience. Please know we are happy to help and investigate further.
I have taken a look into the tickets provided and show the ticket in question is still under review. Fragile situations pertaining to the network do take more time than a typical response. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Your ticket (Ticket#10932535) has been escalated so our teams can further investigate and resolve the situation.
We have received your reviews and email. We will be in touch to keep you updated when progress is made or a resolution is met. Thank you for your continued patience.

rostaferl
February 10th, 2021

Payed for a year of service and when i notice a simple fix in the table data base they kept sending me links to info about they type of server i was running like i didnt know what i wanted to run and when i told them specifically how to fix it they just stopped responding and wouldnt do nothing to fix it. Latterly sent them word for word how to fix it and when they seen it they ignored me after $340 spent on a year long server. Control panel was horrible and had little to no options to work with. WORSE SERVER HOST EVER. Then they blocked my account. "No inactive user with this e-mail address has be found."

dont use them

server host

Hello Rostafer,

We’re very sorry that you’ve experienced this issue. We want to ensure you get the best experience and that your problem is resolved as quickly as possible, please could you E-Mail reviews@nitrado.net with the ticket ID? I'll look into this and ensure it is taken care of.

williamc3126
February 1st, 2022

I rented a 7d2d gaming server and from the moment I logged on, the server would restart over and over.
Contacted support, and they switched me multiple times to different servers, did a bunch of stuff, finally after about 10 days, I was actually able to use it for a few days, only to log on a Thursday night, ready to play and poof, connection lost, server rebooting again over. I called support they said they would escalate to some other support and would contact me in the order received.
Well that was on the Jan 27th, and still no contact, server is still stuck and they don't respond to tickets now.
Worthless company and the worst support ever.
They did give extensions for my problems, but pretty useless if you never get to log on to use it.

UPDATE: 02/07/2022
I asked for a refund, and they gave me most of my money back very quickly, a few days in fact.
In my review i stated they call me, I meant to say they would contact me, either way they NEVER DID to resolve the server issue!

I was with this company previously and never had any of these issues, sad to see their support has degraded so much.

Tip for consumers:
Run away!! very far away from this company!!!

Hello William,

We are truly sorry about the inconvenience you had with our service.

Please be aware that if you really had issues causing your game server to be unplayable, we can always help you to compensate with an extension on your server rental period, so you don't lose any of the runtime you pay for, and no support request is closed for until we make sure that your game server is working properly.

Our support team usually takes from 24 up to 48 hours to reply and resolve any support request. If it's been taking longer than that for us to respond, we would really appreciate it if you could please write us at reviews@nitrado.net, so you can provide us with your user ID number or ticket ID number, so we can investigate further your case, we want to check how it took 10 days for the issue to be resolved as you mention, we will test the connectivity to your server, and even continue to compensate you for any lost runtime on the game server.

Moreover, we don't actually generate callbacks, so we would like to review where you have possibly been informed that we would call you.

Elias

We offer several options to get in contact with our Support Team. You can call us via Phone/Skype, send in a Ticket, or ask your questions in our Forum.

By Nitrado R., Customer Relationship Manager