Review of Nitrado

Tel: +1 775-321-2102
support@nitrado.net

arts80
1/13/19

The worst customer service ever. Those positive reviews are bunk. I put
in a ticket 4 days ago. Never heard anything from them so I closed the
ticket. they messaged me saying glad you resolved your issues. So I
responded back that now that they respond after 4 days and me closing
the ticket. I said I was gonna give them bad reviews if not resolved and
they locked me out of my account. $180.00 down the drain. These guys
are the worst providers out there.

monicaj68
7/17/18

My account was hacked and even with proof and photo I'd they refused to help me. Everytime I reached out to nitrado they keep bringing up other accounts I never even mentioned. I kept saying what account but they never helped me

tonyf64
4/17/18

I did not end up staying with these guys but I will say they tried very hard to make things right & to run smoothly for me being I had the lower priced hosting & there was never any lag no matter how I set things in game & anyone who has played ARK knows that it is a resource hog from hell with a lot of settings. They even let me swap between games, refunded me left over portion of money not used, and was just down right awesome.

If you want a .... good game server host who will go out of their way to make you feel important & do right by you. Go server.nitrado.net!

Would I recommend anyone to them?
I just did! GO server.nitrado.net!!!

Tip for consumers: If you have any problems with your server go to FaceBook & post a comment to them & they will go out of their way to help you.

No idea why they get so many bad reviews, but if you will notice they are the only company that Microsoft chose for hosting ARK on XBox One. That alone aught to tell you something.

Be patient, go to FB & wait, they will get back to you!

jackr123
12/17/17

Servers are trash, since the release of ARK Aberration everything keeps crashing over time & servers take aprox 5-10 min to start & 15 mins to shut down, updates are slow as heck and take way to long. Support is also trash.

kylef26
6/28/17

if you have a question they just send you off to their a5s backwards wiki site. I would of paid extra for help but they seem to not care about customer service. After two dozen phone calls and a handful of emails my wife and myself feel like we were robbed. Not being able to play on our OWN server. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

phitradiom
4/25/17

I was supriced that some steam games offering this hosting company. I ordered services 2 days ago and 2 servers have issues with crashing, not working and restarting. Support is slow and they don't give you any good solution

joshg58
2/16/17

Q: I have hosted 49 servers in the past year. I have used every provider I can think of, for a ton of games I don't even like. All for my stream and the viewers to play on.

Nitrado has been the asbolute worst of the 20+ providers I have used, for the 4 different titles I have used them for (Specifically ARK, Empyrion, Minecraft and an alternative modded Minecraft pre-pack.)

In fact, after a year of using hosts, my experience with nitrado was so bad that I have been using my streaming computer to host servers. I bit the bullet and set half my system aside in a VM to do it myself.

Specific Incidents:

Default game settings, such as server name, don't save. They aren't even listed, when using FTP to manually change ffiles, they are overwritten on startup. On ARK, same game I've hosted a hundred times before.

Empyrion: An update came out. nitrado had NO OPTION to update the server. In fact, it was 3 WEEKS later when they updated it. This is their default policy: THEY decide when it can be updated. Oh, and if you manually overwrite via FTP, they detect the game isn't up to date and roll it back on startup.

Their RAM is garbage. My Empyrion dedicated server, on the same machine I stream and play on, uses 2GB of RAM. The same exact server, cloned via FTP, uses over "4GB" on their machine. It also lags a lot more, disconnects players constantly, etc. I'm hosting 4 servers, streaming at 720p/60fps and playing the games all on the same machine that cost under a grand and STILL maintaining 5 times the stability on all of them.

TLDR: Nitrado was so bad I finally bit the bullet and made my own servers.

miguelm55
2/9/17

So me and a friend were looking for cheap low slot ark servers. I cam across this one. I went to order an ark server with 4 slots because the option was there and the price was at 5.75 cad. so i went to place my order and said i needed an account so i was like ok. made one and then went to place it again and it was grayed out screen with a pop up saying you need to charge your account with money. ok. so i get my friend to donate 3$ and i charged 5$ in total it was 8$CAD. when i went to order again it said minimum slot was 8 and that it now costed 14$CAD. I wanted my money back so i went to support. They said

Again, I am very sorry for the missunderstanding on the webpage of us. We do not want to rob our customers.
I will forward this ticket to the corresponding department, to fullfill the
refund.

I´d ask for your patience and understanding.

The money was taken out of the account the next day. A week later no money was refunded and i had to escalate the dispute on paypal. They basically stole my money.

dennisd51
11/28/16

I wouldn't rent anything from them. Their website, especially their donating to friends to keep servers online-option, is unsafe. That's not the worst part, the worst part is their service is lacking. A friend was able to do a Paypal-payment with my Paypal account, about a few minutes after I donated to his account with my own account and saved my Paypal credentials to my Nitrado-account. This lead to a lot of e-mails back and forth to Paypal and Nitrado. Nitrado denied there was anything wrong (I've got obvious proof) and so did Paypal. I gave up on them eventually after dozens of e-mails and took my loss. Just a warning.

kens71
8/30/15

Zero response from the providers and from support. No reason given, this is the worst provider out there. Avoid this German crap server completely.

Tip for consumers: Avoid it. They have no problem taking your money, cancelling the service is impossible, will have to dispute it with your bank or paypal. Service doesn't work at all. AVOID THIS!

buyerbewareb1
12/23/13

I do not recommend this incompetent host.

I have requested them to add "-sv_pure" to my server's command line, in order to run pure servers, can't have people joining with modified materials like transparent walls and such.

They don't actually give you an option to edit the command line yourself, that would not really be an issue if they made the changes you ask them to, sv_pure is a BASIC, ESSENTIAL setting not something uncommon.

After waiting more than 4 weeks (yes, more than 4 weeks) for a reply in regard to the support ticket I've opened requesting "-sv_pure" to be added, they've said:
-----------
Hello,

Thank you for your request.

Currently it is not possible do add "-sv_pure 1" to the server.
-----------

I run multiple game servers but have did the mistake of transferring one of them to Nitrado, as my servers are built on a very strong fair play foundation that is an ESSENTIAL feature for me and my players, i find it unacceptable that a "Game Host" provider isn't able to do a basic modification like this, as a followup, i will terminate my hosting with Nitrado.

As most of you server owners know, it is not easy for servers to go thru an IP change (especially for users) this has created many frustrations for me + even more time wasted.

I cant not classify Nitrado as anything other than an incompetent game host.

I've messaged their CEO (Marco Balle) to inform him of this but have not gotten any reply, this to me shows he does not care about his customers, why should they (we) care about his business then ?

I strongly advise you to avoid marbis GmbH AKA Nitrado, don't make the same mistake i did.

Questions? Get answers from the Nitrado staff and other customers.

Nitrado?