Nitrado

Nitrado has a consumer rating of 1.3 stars from 18 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Nitrado also ranks 31st among Server sites. The most common issues with Nitrado are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Nitrado?

“Awesome Hosting Services!”

Tony F.
4/17/18

I did not end up staying with these guys but I will say they tried very hard to make things right & to run smoothly for me being I had the lower priced hosting & there was never any lag no matter how I set things in game & anyone who has played ARK knows that it is a resource hog from hell with a lot of settings. They even let me swap between games, refunded me left over portion of money not used, and was just down right awesome. If you want a .... good game server host who will go out of their way to make you feel important & do right by you. Go server.nitrado.net! Would I recommend anyone to them? I just did! GO server.nitrado.net!!!

“Bad Technical Support Experience”

Dean R.
1/15/20

Firstly, I'm going to be fair to Nitrado: Their game servers when they perform well are great to play on. I've been a loyal customer of theirs for 3.5 years without any performance issues as such. However, all that changed for me on the 17th December 2019. I had to contact customer support, because I couldn't connect to my server anymore. I was immediately informed by Nitrado that the Left 4 Dead game on my host server was not patched to the latest version, which consequently stopped all my member-players from connecting to my game server. This could have been a very simple fix, and all that was required was to patch the game from version 1.0.3.1 to 1.0.3.8. - something that could have been easily fixed within days, instead of many weeks. Over the next few weeks I kept trying to reconnect to the server hoping it would be fixed, but it never got fixed. I kept emailing for an update as to when the server would be fixed. But I got no feedback. Then on the 9th Jan I tried reinstalling the L4D game for myself - and to my shocking surprise it had the latest patch applied. So why in hell didn't Nitrado's tech support fix this sooner and report this back to me and tell me a fix had been applied to the server?! And at what point did this fix get applied?! I've finally got my modded server running again - but only through my own efforts, I also had to rebuild my modded-server with its many addons and also had to re-upload 13.5Gb of custom maps. That was a lot of extra work for me, and something that Nitrado could have easily fixed for me if they had been supportive to my pleas for help in the emails I sent them. Nitrado's tech support has been a very bad experience for me, causing me prolonged stress and much anxiety over these past 3-weeks. This is extremely poor service from Nitrado! And that why their tech-support gets a 1-star rating from me. :( If you're reading my post Nitrado, you can find my complaint emails with your support dept under ticket reference 10569883.

anantapongl
February 17th, 2020
servers are stuck in the status "restarting". A solution is already being worked on 4 day on my server and long time support reply
matthewa175
December 24th, 2019
The worst company and customer support in the industry 100% guaranteed backed by 4 years of following this horrendous company and their practices.
garryd23
May 1st, 2019
I felt like I got scammed. I bought a minecraft server to play with a small group of friends, but the server couldn't start, I contacted the support but the request was ignored. I waited 7 days but the request has not been completed yet. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them
robertc1253
March 12th, 2019
Bought server hosting
Server configuration wrong, hardware insufficient. After 3 days of server being almost always down, refund request is ignored. Calls to tech support cost more than the server. Online ticketing turnaround is many many hours, no live service.
Don't throw your money away on these guys.
codyj100
February 1st, 2019
Do your self a favor and go to Gportal! DO NOT use Nitrado!! If your English don't even think about it. They don't answer English speaking people. Been trying to get a refund for 3 weeks but they don't answer support tickets. Servers never worked. The layout is from the 1990's! Just save your self some time and go with Gportal. 24 hour support and their servers work. Still waiting on my support ticket #10575334
monicaj68
July 17th, 2018
My account was hacked and even with proof and photo I'd they refused to help me. Everytime I reached out to nitrado they keep bringing up other accounts I never even mentioned. I kept saying what account but they never helped me
jackr123
December 17th, 2017
Servers are trash, since the release of ARK Aberration everything keeps crashing over time & servers take aprox 5-10 min to start & 15 mins to shut down, updates are slow as heck and take way to long. Support is also trash.
kylef26
June 28th, 2017
if you have a question they just send you off to their a5s backwards wiki site. I would of paid extra for help but they seem to not care about customer service. After two dozen phone calls and a handful of emails my wife and myself feel like we were robbed. Not being able to play on our OWN server. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
phitradiom
April 25th, 2017
I was supriced that some steam games offering this hosting company. I ordered services 2 days ago and 2 servers have issues with crashing, not working and restarting. Support is slow and they don't give you any good solution
kens71
August 30th, 2015
Zero response from the providers and from support. No reason given, this is the worst provider out there. Avoid this German crap server completely.

Tip for consumers: Avoid it. They have no problem taking your money, cancelling the service is impossible, will have to dispute it with your bank or paypal. Service doesn't work at all. AVOID THIS!

buyerbewareb1
December 23rd, 2013
I do not recommend this incompetent host.

I have requested them to add "-sv_pure" to my server's command line, in order to run pure servers, can't have people joining with modified materials like transparent walls and such.

They don't actually give you an option to edit the command line yourself, that would not really be an issue if they made the changes you ask them to, sv_pure is a BASIC, ESSENTIAL setting not something uncommon.

After waiting more than 4 weeks (yes, more than 4 weeks) for a reply in regard to the support ticket I've opened requesting "-sv_pure" to be added, they've said:
-----------
Hello,

Thank you for your request.

Currently it is not possible do add "-sv_pure 1" to the server.
-----------

I run multiple game servers but have did the mistake of transferring one of them to Nitrado, as my servers are built on a very strong fair play foundation that is an ESSENTIAL feature for me and my players, i find it unacceptable that a "Game Host" provider isn't able to do a basic modification like this, as a followup, i will terminate my hosting with Nitrado.

As most of you server owners know, it is not easy for servers to go thru an IP change (especially for users) this has created many frustrations for me + even more time wasted.

I cant not classify Nitrado as anything other than an incompetent game host.

I've messaged their CEO (Marco Balle) to inform him of this but have not gotten any reply, this to me shows he does not care about his customers, why should they (we) care about his business then ?

I strongly advise you to avoid marbis GmbH AKA Nitrado, don't make the same mistake i did.
dennisd51
November 28th, 2016
I wouldn't rent anything from them. Their website, especially their donating to friends to keep servers online-option, is unsafe. That's not the worst part, the worst part is their service is lacking. A friend was able to do a Paypal-payment with my Paypal account, about a few minutes after I donated to his account with my own account and saved my Paypal credentials to my Nitrado-account. This lead to a lot of e-mails back and forth to Paypal and Nitrado. Nitrado denied there was anything wrong (I've got obvious proof) and so did Paypal. I gave up on them eventually after dozens of e-mails and took my loss. Just a warning.
miguelm55
February 9th, 2017
So me and a friend were looking for cheap low slot ark servers. I cam across this one. I went to order an ark server with 4 slots because the option was there and the price was at 5.75 cad. so i went to place my order and said i needed an account so i was like ok. made one and then went to place it again and it was grayed out screen with a pop up saying you need to charge your account with money. ok. so i get my friend to donate 3$ and i charged 5$ in total it was 8$CAD. when i went to order again it said minimum slot was 8 and that it now costed 14$CAD. I wanted my money back so i went to support. They said

Again, I am very sorry for the missunderstanding on the webpage of us. We do not want to rob our customers.
I will forward this ticket to the corresponding department, to fullfill the
refund.

I´d ask for your patience and understanding.

The money was taken out of the account the next day. A week later no money was refunded and i had to escalate the dispute on paypal. They basically stole my money.
joshg58
February 16th, 2017
Q: I have hosted 49 servers in the past year. I have used every provider I can think of, for a ton of games I don't even like. All for my stream and the viewers to play on.

Nitrado has been the asbolute worst of the 20+ providers I have used, for the 4 different titles I have used them for (Specifically ARK, Empyrion, Minecraft and an alternative modded Minecraft pre-pack.)

In fact, after a year of using hosts, my experience with nitrado was so bad that I have been using my streaming computer to host servers. I bit the bullet and set half my system aside in a VM to do it myself.

Specific Incidents:

Default game settings, such as server name, don't save. They aren't even listed, when using FTP to manually change ffiles, they are overwritten on startup. On ARK, same game I've hosted a hundred times before.

Empyrion: An update came out. nitrado had NO OPTION to update the server. In fact, it was 3 WEEKS later when they updated it. This is their default policy: THEY decide when it can be updated. Oh, and if you manually overwrite via FTP, they detect the game isn't up to date and roll it back on startup.

Their RAM is garbage. My Empyrion dedicated server, on the same machine I stream and play on, uses 2GB of RAM. The same exact server, cloned via FTP, uses over "4GB" on their machine. It also lags a lot more, disconnects players constantly, etc. I'm hosting 4 servers, streaming at 720p/60fps and playing the games all on the same machine that cost under a grand and STILL maintaining 5 times the stability on all of them.

TLDR: Nitrado was so bad I finally bit the bullet and made my own servers.
tonyf64
April 17th, 2018

Would I recommend anyone to them?
I just did! GO server.nitrado.net!!!

Tip for consumers: If you have any problems with your server go to FaceBook & post a comment to them & they will go out of their way to help you.

No idea why they get so many bad reviews, but if you will notice they are the only company that Microsoft chose for hosting ARK on XBox One. That alone aught to tell you something.

Be patient, go to FB & wait, they will get back to you!

matha
September 22nd, 2019
After testing a xbox game server DayZ 10 slots on 1 month we say that the last players were incessant. We tried on a server 32 slots this time in London for a period of 3 months, and the miracle had become a little more fluid but began to get bored after a request to add RAM Nitrado certify that it does not is absolutely not possible with the addition of RAM would not be that of servers minecraft, yet on Pc and ps4 we could choose our maximum RAM to order, after a little insistence here we are change of machine with a Ip Still based in London, we were able to watch at 4gb maximum to 5.1gb maximum gaming night without any shifting and incomparable fluidity of any machine changes, and we ended up with the base memory machine based in Germany despite the database with which it is still based in London this creates the same marks as on the 10slot based on the new version of the game made unforgettable and our service paid for 3 months unusable. Despite my requests, the change of machine to the location chosen and paid at the base (London) has not yet occurred. This is a new year, a new penetration. We are waiting for a solution that allows us to finally enjoy our location in good conditions.
deanr88
January 15th, 2020

mattk199
January 21st, 2020
After having repeated hardware problems on my small server, causing my clients to disconnect for extended periods of time, I raised a support ticket along with two replies that provided additional information such as crash logs and timings etc. This ticket was removed from my support interface (although the interface still told me I had open tickets in a big red warning at the top) and nobody ever responded to me beyond the initial automated email confirming they had received my ticket.

After two days of no response, I raised a further ticket to query why no-one had responded to my initial ticket. Again, an automated receipt email was received, but again, I received NO response and the open ticket disappeared from my interface the following day.

As someone who works with servers on an infrastructure level, I understand that hardware fails sometimes. This isn't an issue and this review is in no way in response to the rented server's performance. This review is purely aimed at the unprofessional and downright rude behaviour of support staff who apparently have no inclination towards interacting with their customers.

We offer several options to get in contact with our Support Team. You can call us via Phone/Skype, send in a Ticket, or ask your questions in our Forum.

By Nitrado R.,