Review of NewRockies

Tel: 35001998-2012
sales@newrockies.com

karim39
12/1/18

This is not a review of product as much as customer service. I asked three days ago if my car could be helped with this product. Even though my 2006 Saab 97X is not listed for compatibility, most people (and mechanics) are not aware that this car is mechanically a Chevy Trailblazer with Saab finishes. It has the GM passkey III anti theft and my problems are getting worse by the day. I am in a time crunch and fairly desperate. I asked this simple question of the company and am met with silence.
*Update - I think an initial response to tell me they were looking into this would have been helpful. In the end my car is not compatible, and I am going to have a good cry.

Response from Justin H., NewRockies Representative
Hello Kari, please provide me a ticket number so I can get to the bottom of this. We don't normally cover the Saab, but we are always open to new vehicles like you mentioned. If we can make the PRO Module work, we'd like to.
patrickd168
10/7/18

I installed the bypass module on my 2004 Chevy Impala yesterday; it started up on the first try (the instructions say it may need the relearn procedure, but mine didn't), which means it probably worked. It was able to start previously, but I would tend to get passlock failure during dramatic temperature changes like in the spring or fall prior to the module. Time will tell if this is a permanent fix, but I'm very happy with it so far

My one complaint is that you have to access the BCM wires to install, which was not easy for me. This would earn five stars if only, instead of having to splice in wires, we could have a kind of 'intermediate' plug, in between the BCM and wires to manage the signal. That would dramatically reduce the time required to install. Not sure if that would even be possible though.

But aside from that, it seems to work great and I have no real complaints. It took me about 3 hours to install due to location, but it was worth it. I will update if the problem comes back.

Support was exceptional. I received a tracking number and a link to their installation instructions via email, and even an email notification on its arrival.

tomg283
7/12/18

Regarding the Bad Reviews left by Gordon, Kim & Will.
Folks, if you are visiting Sitejabber, you are here for only one reason. Your vehicle won't crank up or cranks up and dies. You have been quoted a ridiculous price to 'Fix" it or told it can't be fixed. Either way, you are here for 'Reviews' both: Bad & Good alike prior to considering to pull the trigger and investing in a product advertised to fully bypass faulty security systems for vehicles listed on NEWROCKIES Home Page. Sadly, you'll notice that three people out of thousands took time to write what they wanted readers to take-away as 'bad' experiences. I for one (out of thousands of customers) can personally attest to the following facts: the NEWROCKIES, INC. Team will respond to those that start a Ticket or click on Contact US. The PRO Module is NOT a waste of money. It is definitely NOT a scam. How do I know? Because, my 1995 Buick LeSabre Limited with 62,500 original miles roared back to life this week after installing the PRO 5 Module. Because, I have submitted a Ticket Request asking technical questions prior to installing and received a reply. Because, if it was a scam, I'd be writing about it being one. If you want to give your vehicle (or your customer's vehicles) a second life, ignore these three and be done.
*Tip - get a squeeze type wire-stripper (one that grabs the tip of the wire vs the type you put the wire in and pull) because you'll be way up in the dash with little wiggle room.
*Tip - before cutting any wires, disconnect the negative battery terminal so you don't accidentally short something out.
*Tip - solder your connections if possible.
*Tip - before turning the key, perform a continuity check on every single fuse you can find. If you have replaced your ignition cylinder, check that you have replaced the VATS/Airbag fuse.
*Tip - before turning the key, check that the battery is charged (that includes a load test {$20.00 @ Harbor Freight}, just because it shows 12.2 volts doesn't mean it's a good battery).
*Tip - before turning the key, find the location of the Starter Relay. You might end up having to have someone touch it while you turn the key to see if it clicks. (Clicks are good).
*Tip - before taking time to write a bad review, check and see if it's you vs. the product. You can't fix stupid, but you can darn sure fix a faulty security system with the NEWROCKIES, INC., PRO Module.
Thanks,
Tom G. in Texas - 1995 Buick LeSabre Limited

Response from Justin H., NewRockies Representative
Thank you for the positive review, i wish we could have every happy customer share like you did. Thanks again, and we hope that Buick hits 200,000 miles.
tylerk56
6/23/18

So extremely pleased that the install was relatively simple and worked 1st time after following their learn procedure and the installation instructions. What a huge relief! The passlock issue would come and go, but when I moved from AZ to Iowa, the huge increase in humidity seemed to cause it major issues. And I had just started a new job in a new town and this would have surely cost me my new job had I not been able to get this module installed. I am so very pleased with this product and the company! They were even willing to give me a discount retroactively on a FB promocode I had seen shortly after buying and installing the module. Really great company from my experience. Would definitely recommend to anyone having passlock issues with their vehicle. Thank you so much!

Response from Justin H., NewRockies Representative
Thank you Tyler, we appreciate the positive feedback. All too often only unhappy people write a review. This helps us more than you know, and in turn helps others.
williamc595
6/20/18

first I got one of their module a year and a half ago and it saved my 92 Toronado and it never had problems anymore and it runs like the wind. A month ago I bought a second module for my 99 Alero and tried and didn't work and Jack and Justin in New Rockies helped me find the problem that was in the ecm. They refunded me the module immediately! I don't understand why some people in these comments say they don't refund I have lots of facebook friends that installed their module and they are as happy as children at christmas. There kind and go many miles to help you and after all that help for a month they found my real problem and refunded the module. they saved my cars twice and the second one wasn't even with their module but they did it!!! guys, where do you find a company like this today!! where!!??

jeanj67
6/6/18

Even that m'y problem is not fixed,they did helped me all the ways and they give me the refund right away after sending back the unit...

Thanks Again.. ..

gordonj15
5/25/18

I installed the module. I thought it was working and solved my problem. I had an intermittent problem but it came back. After several other attempts to correct my problem had a mechanic look at it. It was my BCM, yea the part the module was supposed to be bypassing. Save ur money dont buy the bypass module. They will NOT do a refund so $279 flushed down the toilet.

Response from Justin H., NewRockies Representative
Hello Gordon J, did you ever ask for a refund? We have a 30 day No Questions Asked return policy that we ALWAYS honor. We are in the business of helping people regain control of their vehicles, if that didn't happen for you... we would accept return for refund without hesitation.
sherriln
11/22/17

We were out of hopes, so much money spent already changing parts until the dealer discovers it's the security and asks us for $1100 more to fix it. We had nothing left! couldn't even borrow from the bank anymore. We have only this car a 98 Olds and had to live with it, me, my husband and 2 sons and had to go to work and buy groceries and everything. We got this pro module from newrockies in 3 installments, received it in 2 days and got the car running in a morning. we were crying of joy. we were desperate and now it's all solved and it's was so easy! thank you NewRockies, I don't have words to say what I really want to say. You guys didn't just save our car you saved our family! THANK YOU!

aaronb112
11/14/17

Rare to see such honesty today! We bought their pro module for our 2000 LeSabre, even tried to install it with the instruction for the 99, until we discovered the 2000 is not supported by newrockies. Our fault 100%, it was all written on their website. We were over 40 days, contacted them and they accepted the return anyway! Refunded in full. I love these guys! This is better than the best! I would have never hoped to get my money back for something that was my fault and after the return deadline. I'm telling everybody!

Tip for consumers: If you need to return, their RMA system sometimes has problems and they don't receive the request, just contact them after you file the RMA and they will process all of it for you.

steves356
5/3/17

I recently found myself at a crossroads with my good old Oldsmobile. I've been driving this Cutlass for 22 years. The thing wouldn't start and the part I needed hasn't been made for 10+ years. I didn't want to trash my car. I found new rockies & bought their bypass. I can't believe how easy and perfect this is. The Cutlass is still going and i just couldn't be happier. I'm gonna run this thing till it blows up.

kimb1526
5/3/17

After working with someone through email we discovered that this product wouldn't work for us. They gave us the information for returning, we followed the instructions and they have not responded after 3 attempts. Clearly they were waiting out the 30 day return period so we had to eat it even though they promise you can return with no questions asked. Thanks for sticking me with a product I don't need, I'm sure you money more than I do. This place is a scam, don't trust them.

antonj11
4/21/17

I purchased for my 93 Seville. The car is old and i love it, but the security was keeping it from starting. My normal mechanic gave up, so i went to the GM dealer next town over. He claimed there was no replacement part available. So i found new rockies and took a last resort kind of risk. 3 days delivery and literally 45 minutes of install time and it's like the car never had an issue. She's started every time since. I don't even worry about it any more.

davew125
4/21/17

After a year and a half of struggling to start my 98 seville, sh just gave up on me and there was no way to start her anymore. Tried everything, spent more than $3000, destroyed my nervous system to no avail. I purchased this PRO module from newrockies and Jack from their support was so helpful and fast even on weekends. I got her running and she is purring like new. Thank you newrockies and thank you Jack! I'll never forget!

willc49
4/13/17

dont buy into this...i bought thru paypal, i thought they were us company after intem did not work i opened a case, paypal needed a return tracking number....to canada! W#HAT THE FU...it shiped to me in pa. so thats $50...gone, also you cant get help from newrockies, you have to open a page on there website make a password you can send question.....it takes 2-3 days to hear back, and they dont answer your question, they always answer with more questions! its a simple 3 wires...dont work, they say your money back, butt its going to cost you $50 and i have yet to get a refund???? still waiting on paypal. why paypal will allow this? if you have any questions forget about it!!! run away as Fast as you can. if not you will wish you did.

Response from Justin H., NewRockies Representative
Unfortunately this instance was a failure on both sides. We here at NEWROCKIES understand that there is inevitably going to be customers that want to return the PRO Module for whatever reason. In this specific case, i followed the tech support ticket line and it appeared to be a misdiagnosis of original issue. We determined this via the ticket. (That's why we ask so many questions) This happens, and we have an avenue for these customers to take. We are normally notified of a customer wanting a return via the ticket system/contact us button. We then provide a link for RMA as well as a local address to ship to. We even included a return address in the ticket conversation with this customer.
In this case the customer decided to step around our process and started a PayPal dispute. PayPal then decides what happens, when, and where you can return to. NEWROCKIES is a Canadian Federal company and our address filed with PayPal is indeed Canadian. This is where the return to Canada came from. It is not our normal process, but was forced upon us by the dispute. We agreed to a return for refund via PayPal dispute, and the customer was refunded.

I advise any customers who have questions or concerns to contact us (http://newrockies.com/contact-newrockies/) and we will be able to work them out in a timely manner. NEWROCKIES has a 30 day No Questions Asked policy. We accept any returns in 30 days from delivery without question. This customer was well within the 30 days and return for refund would not have been an issue at all. Ultimately our goal is to help customers get their vehicles running for a low cost as opposed to the dealer fix. If this result isn't achieved, we will always accept return for refund.

Please contact our support staff. They'll be able to help you with that type of question. https://newrockies.com/contact-newrockies/

By Justin H., NewRockies Representative

The PRO Module is a direct replacement for the TDM on this vehicle. Bypassing 100% of the system. Our instructions will guide you through the installation. You will not need to fully remove the TDM, only reach the wires which are accessible. Link to instructions below. https://newrockiesinc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231546987?mobile_site=true

Unfortunately it will only work on the Venture 1997-1999

Unfortunately this only works on 2004-2012 Colorado/Canyon

By Justin H., NewRockies Representative

Yes, our PRO Module is designed to work on Colorado 2004-2012. Anyone else who may be looking, we list all supported vehicles on the bottom of our webpage. Thanks for contacting us James.

By Justin H., NewRockies Representative

Hello Ryan, we do have a list that you can look through. Please remember that this is an ongoing list of voluntary installers. We cannot guarantee that all are still active and in business. http://newrockies.com/find-an-installer/ Also remember that most any mechanic can install these PRO Modules. The installation is straight forward and normally only 3-5 wires to splice. If you have a mechanic you trust, ask them if they'll do it for you.

By Justin H., NewRockies Representative

No it will not. They are two entirely different systems.

By Justin H., NewRockies Representative

Yes it will. It works on every vehicle listed at the bottom of our website. It also works on every variant. GTP GT SS

By Justin H., NewRockies Representative

Hey Verne. Hmm? It looks like you bought a PRO Module in 2017, installed it and it solved your no start problem. Sadly, it is cranking but not starting up. *Consider this, visit the NEWROCKIES.COM site and Contact Support vs. Posting an issue (non question) in an area designated for Questions. There is a reason why no one has taken time to address you here. Tell them what you are experiencing and ask them to assist you in trouble shooting. The module will fully bypass a faulty security system, it will not repair / fix any of the vehicle's components that wear out over time. I have a 99, when you see oil dripping from the bottom of the tranny, check the oil sending unit up by the distributor before assuming it is the rear main seal or gaskets. Hope this helps.

By Tom G.

Yes, if the vehicle is indeed having a security failure, our PRO Module can fix that. The next time the vehicle fails to start, look on the dash for a light that says SECURITY or a picture of a car and padlock. These are telltale signs that the vehicle is having a security issue.

By Justin H., NewRockies Representative
Questions? Get answers from the NewRockies staff and other customers.

1 Photo for NewRockies