Review of NearlyNewlyWed

Tel: +1-347-725-1002
partners@nearlynewlywed.com

jessicas563
10/24/18

After having a seamstress destroy my dress just 3 months before my wedding, I tried local bridal shops who couldn't guarantee the arrival of a replacement, even with rush shipping. With dwindling options, I found a dress on NearlyNewlywed.com and knowing I had such a limited amount of time, I ordered immediately. I felt confident ordering from NearlyNewlywed because they have a 2-3 week shipping time frame, free returns, and sellers must ship the dress to them for authentication before the dress is sent to the buyer. After waiting for 3 weeks with no communication or tracking information, I emailed asking for an update since buyers can not communicate directly with sellers at any time. At this time I found out the dress had never been shipped by the seller and in the websites response, I received "I am sorry she did not answer...Usually they do not put us in this situation". This website shifted all blame to the seller, failed notify me that the dress did not ship, and delivery was going to be delayed. Now, with 60 days until my wedding I'm left scrambling. Had this dress arrived on time, I would have had time for alterations. Due to the lack of communication and professionalism, I do not recommend NearlyNewlywed.

christll
10/15/18

This company is not reliable.
I wanted to sell my wedding dress. I paid the fee and they sent me an email the next day saying my dress was live. That was back in september. It is mid October and I noticed when I search as a buyer my dress is not even listed. I could only find it by using the link they emailed me which is useless since I need buyers to see it. I explained this to them but they were not helpful till I requested a refund. Then they said they would have it fixed but at this point I do not trust them at all. They are refusing to return my payment even though they did not provide me with the service they were supposed to. Not to mention any time I checked my seller profile there was always glitches with the site.

ab4912
10/15/17

The measurements of a dress I purchased were incorrect, yet the customer service person Patti told me they still wouldn't offer me any sort of courtesy refund. Further, the site is super misleading - to buy and return a dress costs $75. I read the terms and conditions a few times before buying and still did not catch this detail because they are super unclear about this. DO NOT USE THIS SITE. TERRIBLE AND FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE!!!!!

michaelar9
4/19/17

My experience was initially pretty good. But I ran into issues with an accidental cancellation of my order, having to place the order again, and having my credit card charged twice. I finally got the dress, which was beautiful, but not for me. I decided to return it since the website said returns only cost $25 restocking fee. Once I returned the dress they informed me I wouldn't be refunded an additional $50 for shipping. So I was out $75 instead of $25 like I originally thought. I scoured their website for proof of the shipping charges and have not found it. I disputed it with the company and they said that it was always their policy. So beware if you are planning to try on a dress and send it back it will cost you $75 to do so. It wouldn't have been a huge deal had their website not been so misleading.

I'm sure if you were to keep the dress it would be a different story because the dress was pretty and reasonably priced.

raghdao
4/7/16

I was super excited to find a company that allows returns on used wedding dresses. I emailed the company asking them about expedited shipping as I was leaving the country and needed a dress ASAP. They quoted me $50-$80 for overnight shipping. Then another email saying maybe around $100. The third and final email said $199!!!! I checked on the UPS website (since they only use them) there was nothing for that price. I emailed them telling them that that it was way higher than I was quoted and UPS website has much cheaper prices. Their reply was 'that's how much we charge'. When I complained they basically said take it or leave it! I don't understand how they couldn't give me that quote from the start. They wanted me to pay $25 regular shipping plus $199 expedited shipping and when I objected they said it was company policy. Anyways, I ended up going with the regular shipping but before they shipped it I got an email with a few pictures of the damage to the dress. A few tears here and there that the seller never even mentioned! I finally got the dress today with missing jewels on the belt, torn fabric on buttons and stains on the corset and skirt. I don't know how they even missed it when they performed their 'full and thorough assessment'. I send them an email with everything but they completely brushed me off!! No apology, nothing. I knew it was a used dress from the start but if I'm going to pay $1700 then I deserve a well maintained dress! I'm going to send the dress back and just lose the $50 on shipping.

elizabetht49
1/18/16

I liked a few of the dresses but wanted something that was a mixture of them. Nearly New has an option for you to custom make your dress. Not only was I able to have a color I wanted, but also the style and design I wanted!

sarahf70
12/10/15

I was nervous to buy online, but wanted to get a new dress without going over budget. I was able to not only find a new dress, but I was able to get it for cheaper than in the stores. Once I recieved it, I was absolutely impressed by the condition and quality of the dress.

dorothyf17
12/2/15

When going shopping for dresses in stores, some may have only a few designers. Newlywed has a large list of designers and I was able to casually explore them! I was able to chose the dress I want by the designer I loved.

sarahc154
10/29/15

I wanted to have a Bohemian themed wedding, but finding the right dress seemed like it was impossible. I came across this site and was relieved to see the amount of bohemian dresses to chose from. I was able to find the perfect fit for my wedding and for my style.

dorothyw25
10/27/15

I needed to get a dress for my wedding but didn't have a huge budget. I came across a great find on Nearly Newlywed! I got a brand new dress for more than half the original price.

susany13
9/5/15

Never did I dream of searching for dresses online trying to find the perfect one. But NN had a good variety including sample dresses! I was able to buy a sample dress and for much cheaper than a brand new one.

lisas249
8/22/15

I like a few different silhouettes of dresses. I was able to find a lot of styles for each one before deciding on my dress. I finally chose my dress and when I tried it on, I fell in love!

patriciap68
8/4/15

Looking online for a cheap dress can be hard. Nearly Newlywed has a huge selection of dicounted dresses that help with the budget. I was able to find a pre-owned dress for less than 1k!

karent61
6/13/15

Sometimes buying online can be worrisom when knowing if it fits or if you like it. This site allows you to have 5 days to try on the dress and see if you like it. Each dress was in great condition and it was easy to return the ones I didn't want.

patriciay8
5/14/15

Had an old dress and we considered selling it to a botique but then I came across the site we got her dress from and found that they allow you to resell your dress. She was able to get rid of her dress and someone else was able to get the dress of their dreams.

lisal103
5/8/15

I wanted a wedding on the beach and wasn't sure which styles would look great. This site made it easy to find the beach style of wedding dresses. I was able to pick one I loved the most and was perfect for the location we chose!

mariao34
4/27/15

I was looking for a designer dress that fits my theme and venue. I found a dress I loved and it was half the price it would originally go for! The dress was in great condition and looked as if it hadn't been worn.

lindae39
4/16/15

My sister wanted a fantasy wedding, the one like in the fairytales. I helped her out by helping her find a dress she would love. We were able to quickly find her a few candidates thanks to the easy serch options and she looked like a dream walking down the isle!

maryp68
4/8/15

I wanted a dress but thought shopping online was going to take too long before I actually got it. My friend recommended this site and I decided to try it. I was impressed with how quickly I was able to receive my dress!

barbaran36
3/18/15

I wasn't sure what style of dress I wanted to buy. I was able to see many different styles and

jenniferl93
1/17/15

I wanted a dress, but shopping online wouldn't tell me if the dress was actually of good quality or not. I decided to go ahead and try it out when I came across this site. I was amazed at the quality of the dress that I had received and I now tell all my friends to get there dresses here!

maryz13
11/11/14

I really dreamed of a mermaid dress but wanted to have the full look from behind. I was able to find a few styles that matched this on this site. I ultimately setteled for a preowned one, but it was absolutely gorgeous!

helend23
11/8/14

I needed a wedding dress but was on a bidget in order to have enough for all the other things we were planning. I found a dress on here that would have been at least twice the price I paid. They have some great sales!

lisaw93
11/7/14

It's hard to shop all of the different styles if you don't really know what you're looking for. This site makes it easy to search the diverse types of styles that are offered. It made it so much easier to find the type of dress I really wanted.

nancyi9
10/28/14

My friend was looking for more of a short and flirty wedding dress as opposed to the custom length dresses. I was able to find her a dress she fell in love with on this site. She got her dress pretty quickly and her new husband certainly loved it!

Questions? Get answers from the NearlyNewlyWed staff and other customers.

1 Photo for NearlyNewlyWed