National Home Store reviews

Bronx, New York 10457, United States
Tel: +1 800-939-3299

susanc712
5/8/19

I ordered a loft bed that was very poor quality wood. I added a double bookcase to it, and they didn't ship the right pieces for the bookcase, and the bedposts that the bookcase was supposed to attach to were not cut high enough. There was no way to tell this until I put it together. That was after I painted and sanded it, because as others have sad, it is barely sanded. The owner, Jonah, was very nice to deal with, not rude at all, and agreed to take the bed back. I specifically asked if he would be covering the return postage, and he assured me he would. So after wasting a few weeks of my time and labor, $40 on paint, and 2 hours of a friend's time taking it apart for me and driving it to UPS, and another $78.44 on return shipping, Jonah informed me he never said he would cover the return postage. When I sent him the email showing him what he said, he told me he was already losing money and made a comment on the bed being painted. I sent him pictures of the bed before I decided to return it when I questioned if all the pieces were there, so there should've been no surprise that it was painted. Maybe he thought he could resell it?

Tip for consumers: I have photos but was not able to upload them

melissab403
4/30/19

They do not send any kind of communication. Rude when talking on the phone. Poor customer service. Many other retailers to choose from. Stay away.

victoriag127
3/22/19

The customer service was polite and accommodating, but I cannot recommend National Home Store to anyone looking for furniture.

1. The packages arrived in torn and damaged boxes, with some pieces of wood splintered. This is where customer service was helpful in getting parts replaced, but

2. The quality of the job was terrible. I had paid for a stain and it was applied absolutely shabbily. I had to smooth the wood down because it was rough and unsanded in places and ended up staining it myself. The wood for the stairs was warped. Holes weren't drilled where they should have been, as per the directions. Considering I had paid over a thousand dollars on this product, I expected to get something I could keep for a long time. Instead, now I have something I'm going to try to sell to the next renter, because that would mean taking apart all of my necessary additional structural reinforcements.

3. After Christmas, NHS dropped the price by 60%: this more accurately reflects the quality and also goes to show that they were trying to make easy money off of the holiday. Well, they successfully took advantage of this new customer who was unaware of the reality of their products.

4. The furniture is not structurally sound. Even if it weren't warped, it would still rock, shudder, and shift due to the design itself. My father had to add a cross bar across the bottom and bolt the stairs to the bed in order to keep it from falling over like Davinci's Cradle.

After these adjustments, I'm now happy with the bed, but I didn't pay for such an extensive DIY project. I'm very disappointed in their product.

andreas562
2/27/19

my experiece.... I got hung up on by the management yet later to find out it was owner. I ordered my bed on12/29/2018 03:57:49 AM It is now Feb 27th and i still have no loft put together. Totally and completely disappointed with the extremely rude customer service. The gentleman I was speaking to asked me what I wanted you to do then rudely interrupted me while I was speaking then proceeded to hang up on! and then my number blocked.

What happened
I received the bed on feb 7th when I received it and it was damaged I called right away. I told the person the pieces that were damaged, gave them the demotions, and they said they would call the warehouse and get them out that day. On that call they asked me to please just send pics of damage so they would have documentation. I sent pics on the 7th. On feb 14 I received an email stating that theyneeded me to send the demotions of pieces needed which I had already spoke with their rep that assured me on the 7th that it was gonna be sent out. 7 days later and my replacement has not been sent out. On feb 22nd I received the other pieces. I called when putting loft together saying that they send the wrong size slats. I called and again your manager assured me that the slats at 60inches would be sent out on Friday the 22nd. On Friday I called leaving a message to call me asap as I wanted you to just order the lumber from a local place as my apt is tiny and I am sleeping on the floor as the loft is up except for my bed being in it. On Saturday the 23rd after calling to see if they can do what I asked I got a hold of what they called manager. As I was telling him what I wanted he was interrupting me and then proceeded to hang up on me. I then called back a few times as I know he is there and getting calls. He then blocked my number. the next day i get an email saying it was actually the owner i was speaking with and he hung up on me.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

anthonym420
8/20/18

Don't purchase anything at this site and expect to be treated with any regard! Owner is rude...argumentative and just plain nasty!!! Fault customer for his On-Line Order process where the site does not process the payment to the bank...but sends out a paid invoice. No follow up on the status and therefore workers aren't reviewing the orders for final shipment. Ask for credit card to be read over the phone when the credit card has previously been submitted. A simply apology for your mistake won't kill you! Treated first time customer the equivalent of garbage. Just awful!!!!

jrp6
7/13/17

I'd not go so far as to call it a scam business - they'll basically send you what you ordered eventually. So first the good part:

I ordered a loft bed from them, which was supposed to include the lumber, cut and sanded, and optionally stained (didn't go for this, wanted to stain myself).

It arrived after a few weeks and was missing an option, which they promptly mailed me without charging me for shipping again. So that's the good.

Here's the bad: the wood is very poor quality, with knots, cracks, and spliters. It's not well cut - the pieces don't fit together nicely. The sanding job is laughable. It's like they passed a sander over it once as ceremony rather than actually to make a quality product. It's a rushed job that's not worth the money. Honestly it'd be better to buy the plans and get the lumber from Home Depot or something and cut it your self.

The other thing that's not bad with a capital B, but a fairly skeezy, is that one of the owners or workers of the business Sam Marion puts fake 5 star reviews everywhere (including here).

Really, dude?

samuelm45
3/7/14

I purchase corner curio, dining table and foldable bed from here. The furniture is stylish and comfortable. I am very happy with the quality and service we receive. No shipping charges.

Questions? Get answers from the National Home Store staff and other customers.

National Home Store?