Review of Napa Auto Parts

Tel: 166(703) 707-0800
thomas_gallagher@napaonline.com

gregp209
5/9/19

I just ordered a set of rear brake shoes for $40 from my local NAPA dealer, I asked if they were made in the USA, and the guy assured me they would be. When they got there, they were Chinese. I could have bought Chinese from Autozone for $22. on top to they they charged me $9 core charge on new shoes, nobody charges a core on new parts!

vincents151
4/4/19

purchased a tire machine from napa day 1 it started falling apart they sent a service tech to fix it he said theses machines are junk well its a year later still breaking down all the time losing sales its leaking oil the wheels dont stay clamped down leaks air upper arm wobbles replaced that with a updated 1 of coursei had to pay for it made by COATS BUYER BEWARE

joep592
3/29/19

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; }

I have been a
mechanic for many years. I used to buy Napa Auto Parts almost always.
I felt the parts were good quality, although more expensive than
others. It does not pay to install poor quality parts on a car, they
come back, and bite you! Unfortunately, a few years ago it
seems Napa changed their policy on quality. This happened around the
time they totally changed the on-line site. Around the same
time, I started looking at Rock Auto on-line. Rock Auto offers each
part by a few different manufacturers, quality levels, and prices. I
started noticing that despite Napa still charging higher prices, they
were now supplying the cheapest, lowest quality parts instead of the
better quality they were known for. Given that, why would a
person order from Napa, when Rock Auto is surprisingly lower priced,
and you have a quality level choice . Napa seems to be riding on
their previous well known name, while keeping the prices artificially
high.

Some prime examples of this is, I purchased a starter
solenoid, (eckland, Napa's electrical brand), as a preventative
measure. The third start-up, after installing, the solenoid froze in
the on position, with key off, and kept the starter spinning and
engaged until I could unhook one battery terminal. Burned up the
relay, starter, and a couple wires. I purchased a rebuilt
alternator, took it from the box, and turned it, it felt rough
turning, as if there was dirt in the bearing race or defective
bearing components. I purchased Napa's best fuel pump, and it was
very noisy from day one. I purchased a set of Napa Branded, 2 ton
each, jack stands. One of them had a defective casting that would not
allow the stop to lock in place. Although it seemed it locked, when
weight was applied, it fell. I purchased rebuilt Ford Front
calipers from Napa, and with in one year, the unplated soft steel
bleeder screws has rusted solid to the caliper! I heard from a NAPA
rep, and he said due to competition, quality had to suffer, BUT WAIT,
isn't quality the whole point. Especialy when still charging the
higher quality prices.

Tip for consumers: Try rock auto, you will be surprised at the savings, and youn can compare brand to same brand prices.

susies58
3/9/19

Last year, we spent $230.00 on wheel bearings at the Napa store in Genoa, Oh. Little did we know that only after a year...ONE YEAR...we would need new ones. Napa sells the worst, most INFERIOR quality wheel bearings on the planet!!!! To add insult to injury, they don't even stand behind the JUNK they trick their customers into buying....they told us that they're only guaranteed for a year..so now we have to buy brand new ones. We're now wishing we'd read the fine print before we put our hard earned money (and our trust) in this ENRON company. $230.00 a year??? THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!! A LEGAL SCAM!!! Stay away from NAPA!!!

alexanderb139
2/28/19

Terrible customer service and useless employees who know next to nothing. Also beware this is a franchise store and does not operate like a typical NAPA corporate store. Good luck getting any product under warranty replaced. 1/5 starts is generous.

paulb1087
2/21/19

Absolutely horrible horrible customer service I purchased some stuff use my debit card not needing half of what I purchased brought it back to the Waipahu Hawaii store and was told that they could not give me cash back had to go back on the card my argument is it's a debit card you already got your money now I'm inconvenience by having to go home get the card go back there's a solid hour and 15 minutes out of my day gone because of this guess you guys just lost a customer will never deal with O'Reilly's again

andyb198
2/20/19

I'm about sick of having to come back because they don't have enough money in the drawer to cover a core deposit. Put some money in your drawers so I don't have to come back seven times to get my core deposit back. I don't have time for this, third time I've brought back calipers and they didn't have enough money in the drawer. Yeah, four people running a register and between the four of them they couldn't come up with $170.

jenniferr429
2/20/19

I have used Napa and I have not have any problems at all. I was able to buy what I needed and get on. But I only visit the same one. I see all of the negative comments so it's possible that, that location has some issues. Find the right one for you.

markf406
2/19/19

Don't buy from here expecting that you are buying from a chain of stores with country wide support. Apparently all Napa stores are independent and don't honor the warranty of any other store. Road trip? Bought something in one city? Need it replaced in another? You're out of luck. Obviously this negates the value of buying at a chain as opposed to a single owner store. Go somewhere else.

mattier12
2/19/19

If I could put negative stars I would. Workers are $#*!s & are only there to be with their friends. Customer service was trash. I asked for a car key battery and instead of helping me find out what battery I needed, they told me they didn't know what battery I needed. If they don't know how to figure it out ... I certainly don't. So now I guess I just have to wait for my car key batteries to die and then I'm completely screwed. Will never go back again. Would rather waste gas and time driving an hour for auto parts than this $#*! hole.

barbaram612
2/18/19

They are not helpful here they tried to sell me the wrong antifreeze for my Jaguar, until I told him he needs to look up the make and model of my car to find out what I usually get for my car, he rang up the item $17 I said here is my military id he says it's the same price I just walked out lazy and unprofessional will never come back.

mistys13
11/14/18

When your employees at McPhillips and Main Street location can't bother to answer a ringing phone for 2 minutes it sets the tone for run away now. Why would you acknowledge me in your store if you don't a knowledge your POTENTIAL customer on the phone. No business for you donkeys.

lukast14
10/16/18

Horrible place. They think working on a Saturday for $9/hr is more important than getting your dog to an emergency vet for a hole in his lung.

jaredg11
8/15/18

Got a Napa tool set from Lincoln tech and the first time I used their rubber mallet it breaks. Never again.

davidb1661
8/15/18

Bought a battery within less than 1 year the battery was dead. I took my car to have a full electrical system check and turns out it was a faulty battery. I had lost my receipt over the 7-8 month period and they refuse (as a company) to resolve this issue even though its THEIR battery that only THEY sell and has a born on date directly on the battery. I have called customer care 3 times and have repeatedly promised a call back from regional, then the district managers that have had no courtesy to actually call me back....Three weeks later here I am still trying to resolve their faulty product

hippieu
6/23/18

These guys can parts rare hard to find parts for my old tractors. Like old bath air cleaners, custom made hydraulic lines, hydraulic pumps, starters, clutch plates, sediment bowls and so much more. Oh did I tell you most of the tractors are from the 30's - 50's. Here the list of tractors they help me find parts for Minneapolis Moline, John Deere, White, Allis Chalmers and International Farmalls. But they could not find me the original Trico Wiper Refill Blades for my 1959 Ford Fairland Galaxy. I guess you can't win them all. Maybe because it was not a tractor.

paulk193
7/6/17

if you come to the store you'll be spending five times what the product is worth online also if you go in there and encounter a white guy with really high shorts and about 45 50 yrs old at the right of the counters this guy will tell you something isn't there and not even offer to order it. just because he doesn't like the way that you're wearing your pants or something. this guy has done this every time I've gone into the store. I will make it an effort to never buy anything from the store again. I hate napa. this place is doomed because of the internet.

susanl68
4/15/15

Next time I will use one of their competitors, probably CarQuest. I don't like to deal with businesses that lie because they think they can get away with it. I was sold the wrong merchandise. Napa Auto Parts represented they had what they didn't, then substituted
a bad match. When I tried to get a refund, they cheated me. Yuck.

Tip for consumers: This business is directed at the Spanish speaking market because they figure they can better take advantage of nonEnglish speakers.

alfonsod8
10/30/14

These guys are so reliable and willing to talk to you- I go to Napa for most of my auto parts needs.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I though tgey still sold high quality parts based on their pricing.

By joe P.
Questions? Get answers from the Napa Auto Parts staff and other customers.

Napa Auto Parts?