Review of MyLife

5/26/19

Shame on these scammers
Posting erroneous information
Claiming you have a "reputation " score
Posting things such as court records relatives neighbors income political affiliations etc
Try contacting them ...their emails say they can post what ever they want as its public information
And trying to get you to pay for removing information
There is a special place in hell for owner of this site

interestingo
5/24/19

I saw this site also and decided to look up myself, to my dismay. This should not be allowed, causing misinformation. (They list neighbors too.. those who don't even live here, maybe not for years and what is the point of that, anyway?) I feel I may be confused with another with the same name using my middle initial with, as one alias.

Then I recalled years earlier getting phone calls from those inquiring about one with my name who was involved in a lawsuit, assuming I was the same person!! I was not even in the same vicinity! This sort of thing should not be allowed. It's appalling that this sort of thing functions as it does and I see here that one would not want to contact them, either.

jesseh122
5/21/19

I don't know where to begin with this horrendous "company" who is run by a con-man. (Jeff Tinsley) let's see. Feeling bored one day I decided to Google myself, Bad idea. All kinds of personal information came up but Mylife was the first return in the search. And I was literally floored about all the personal info they had on me. Everything you could imagine long story short, this is nothing but extortion. They want you to pay a fee to "control" your own information that they obtained without your permission on their website. I had them delete my profile which they said would take some time, and I was ok with that long as my stuff was gone from there website. They tried to give me the run around at first, saying they couldn't delete my account but after I threatened legal action finally agreed to take my account down. This was all done through the Email system because I wanted to create a paper trail incase they put my profile back up without my permission. So far, so good. It looks like they have indeed taken my profile down but the interesting thing is there is almost a "mirror" account when I go back and search for myself. Birth date is a little off, and relatives name's are all changed but it's just enough different they can say it's not me? I dunno but I swear if they bring back my profile I'm going to be pissed. Something needs to be done about this, how is this legal? What if a stalker or Identity thief uses the information for crimes? Not to mention it's a total invasion of privacy. All for what? A "Online Reputation?" That this company is peddling? Its all really all quite unbelievable. Where are our lawmakers on this issue? Its completely infuriating. Mylife needs to be shut down!

mirraa1
5/19/19

Mylife.com is a fraud. They put wrong information about you and tell you to pay to correct it. My reputation score was 3.85 after I corrected the false information, afterwards, my reputation rating dropped to .75 within 2 minutes. How could it drop from 3.85 to .75 in 2 minutes??? My credit rating with the three credit Companies are all above 830, I have only had two traffic tickets in my entire life and I own my house and cars without any loans and I have never had even one bad review in any other sight. You'd think my reputation score would be close to 5 and it was only 3.85. After paying them the money to fix their false information about my religion, nationality, etc, My reputation score dropped from 3.85 to .75 in two minutes??? I will try to talk to an attorney to see how to stop these frauds could be. Meanwhile, I wanted to share my experience so that no one would get fooled by them and send them money. You could also demand to be opt-out of their sight by calling them. I did remove myself but don't want them to take advantage of anyone else.

marinas77
5/17/19

Who gives them right to rate people and gather all info about them? And they do it incorrectly. It is the worst company on this Earth.

mayar30
5/17/19

If there was a NO STAR rating option, customer service representative LOVIE would get it. The worst experience speaking with Lovie. She rushed though the conversation, didn't seem interested in helping resolve my issue and hung up on me.

If anyone gets Lovie on the phone, disconnect and call back MyLife.com.

danielc699
5/5/19

This company offers $2.00 trial for a week, so i did it, now my credit card statement shows a $15.00 and $27.00 fee for other parts I did not ask for and also shows the $1.00 fees twice and they will not refund those charges so i am putting a stop on payment through the card company, this company for that price did not even have phone numbers ,"THEY SUCK"

jenniferh803
4/27/19

A background check was being ran on me for my new job. I wanted to see what they were seeing about me. I knew I had nothing too bad in my past, but I was still curious. So, when mylife.com popped up while on another site I thought I would just check it out for the trial period with the option to cancel before the monthly billing was charged to my account. Well, that didn't happen.. they charged my account the monthly premium early by 3 days and then on 4/27 they took it upon themselves to upgrade my account and charge me an additional fee for that. When I called to tell them that this charge was unauthorized, she argued with me. When I asked if I could talk to a supervisor, she asked me " for what" then said that there were no supervisors there, and she would just credit my account for both charges. (I had only asked for the second one.) However, the moment I hung up, I checked my account and she had not credited my account twice, she had debited it two more times on top of the first two. When I called back and talked to a male, he said that he didn't have those charges on his side... they laughed and drained my bank account.

lm183
4/27/19

I have asked this so called company a few years ago to permanently remove my information their site. They did, however, within a few months it was back. I emailed them, they said in the email it would be taken down within 48 hours (ish). It was, but within a week it was back again.
I called them, again just today. The person that I spoke to was snotty especially when I asked them who the h**l they think they are putting my information out there without my permission. He threatened to hang up on my for my h**l word and I told him hang up on me and you will hear from my lawyer. I asked the person what their last name was and he said we do not give out that information, yet they have NO problem putting out mine!
The information on me, like many people here said, is not accurate, which in a way is a good thing, since it is out there without my permission.
If you look at their site, they will offer to take it down for a fee. Sounds like a scam to me since I never signed up for it, never became a member much less a paying member.
Sites like these who just use your information without your consent, then want to charge you a fee to take it down should be shut down.
If my "page" comes back, they will hear from my lawyer.

phyllisc103
4/25/19

Listed people I don't even know as family, indicated I had a bad reputation but I have never been arrested, haven't had a traffic ticket in many years, have 4 masters degrees. Said I was worth over 69,000 but I'm not, I dont' own anything, everything is in someone else's name. This misinformation is just a gimmick, and all that report running is probably just stealing information off your computer, which recently I formatted anyway, so there wasn't anything to get but facebook. lol They need to be removed.

dalew168
4/25/19

I checked this idiot nonsensical site. As Dale Williams age 67 - that IS ALL they got right. The rest is fabricated lies, especially so called criminal records and aliases. I defy this pathological lying human filth to bring civil action against me. They don't have the balls. granpabassmike195 at gmail.com

leroyo4
4/24/19

My son is listed at his last two addresses as if he was two different people. His reputations scores in the two cities differed by 2 points. Interesting????

jont112
4/21/19

There is so much incorrect info on my report its sad. And my wife's is very inaccurate also. Wrong relatives. People I don't even know and that's just an example of the misleading information.

loreng23
4/17/19

MyLife pretends to have legitimate information about an individual. Once you sign up (which requires automatic monthly renewals of $10.95), you will see your own information, but you cannot correct any negative and erroneous items they have supposedly picked up somewhere. It's a total scam to get you to spend $ and receive nothing in return. Their assigned "reputation score" went from 4.3 to 1.4 in just one month! That's how they get you interested in finding out what they're about. They also try to hook you in by telling you how many people have been looking at your information, although you will never find out specifically who they are - even with the "subscription." Please don't fall for this!

cnonomousg
4/17/19

Mylife shows my X husbands new wife as my family or relative, a rental property I own in another town as my home address, and insinuates I have criminal (* alarming word) OR civil court records. I have no criminal record, ever! As a landlord I have taken people to court, but mylife includes that against My reputation score?! Of course their business phone number doesn't work. To complain or correct I would have to pay them. Others complain once they have your cc info. they don't cancel subscriptions, continue monthly charges, so I won't fall for that = apparently there is No recourse against mylife who is putting out false information?! What a hoax!

wandag53
4/15/19

Information truly wrong. Claims I have unknown criminal record in a town I was not living in. Has family members as people that bought my house. Worse part, I canceled days after first month started. 3 weeks later auto renewals started coming in. I called again. Said they canceled, was rude and spoke Eastern accent with broken English. I ask for a confirmation email but never got it. When I checked where their website had a place for their email, it was blank. Of course! They also could NOT CORRECT wrong info. Reporting to FB and BBB is what we all need to do. Took advantage of this Senior. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice...not...my turn.

sarahg374
4/8/19

We used MyLife to check the background of our tenant. It didn't reveal much, almost everything says: information not available.
I then tried to search for myself and... couldn't find anything about me! As if I didn't exist or was invisible, yet I am very present on social media and the internet in general. Also, they automatically charged me for a second month, even though I had subscirbed for one month only. When I called to cancel, they said it couldn't be refunded. What a waste of money and time. Stay away.

lizannet
3/27/19

Was bored this morning so messing on computer and looked up family members names holy smokes my lord they were all wrong! Birth dates address citys spelling of names What a mess glad i never signed up for this site and after reading reviews i am super glad!! Wont even bother with this site again nothing is correct?? Beware stay away!!

mollym101
3/25/19

you put callers on hold for 30+ minutes and then hang up? You never respond to email requests either? WTF. There really must be a good reason why you make it so impossible to keep private information private.

ty18
3/22/19

I checked my profile on MyLife. I was surprised by the low reputation score it was carrying for me, so I dug a bit deeper. These are the errors I found in only a quick 30-second perusal:

Incorrect Address
Incorrect Phone Number
Incorrect value of house - I have two, the lesser of which is worth double and a half the value shown
People with whom I associate - did not recognize most of the names
Neighbors - one neighbor was listed three times--slightly different versions of her name--and each listing had a different reputation score
Report showed a criminal record or violation--I could not see specifics--when none exists

When I called to attempt to correct the errors (I used phone option 3), I was told I was 23rd in line to speak to someone. I have a feeling it will be a waste of time, but I will try to correct the record in some way. In the meanwhile, I can only hope that anyone who wants info on me will be intelligent enough to know better than to use this worthless excuse for a service.

laurad432
3/21/19

Waste of money. I was looking up info on a lost relative. Paid the one month price. I found more info on this person on other sites for free. Wish I had looked up reviews before purchasing. Total waste of time and money.

gennifert
3/19/19

POOR SERVICE!

I requested the subscription end, another draft was taken out of my account
When I called, I waited on hold for over 30 MINUTES only to be hung up on!!! I can't get anyone via email OR anyone on the phone.

This business is run POORLY and I see it as a scam, because once you sign up you can't reach anyone to cancel it properly or AT ALL!

stevenh497
3/18/19

They make other charges on your credit card and then disconnect when you call their numbers to cancel (after holding for ~30 minutes giving constant updates on your number in the queue and random estimates on time to reach a person).

Quite a slick operation.

garys584
3/15/19

Signed on for a $1 trial membership. Next thing my credit card is getting dinged $14. Cant get deactivate account online, need to call phone number that no one answers

evets1
3/6/19

I googled my name and suddenly found my name was associated with my age and some private information , I didn't sign up for this website at all and when I try to deactivate, it doesn't let me or when I try to edit any of my info it doesn't allow me . I emailed them and they responded by this a public records that can be removed, called them and her I'm on a wait for 45 minutes

NO! Lol not at all!! Someone sent me a profile of me they had. All they had correct was my name and were close to my age. It would take a simple google search to find out they are illegitimate and had no clue about my life lol! :)

By Rena M.

Good luck this site is a scam sit on hold and get hung up on !

By lizanne t.

It's called extortion. I, too, marvel that it still exists. Where are consumer protections? Unless it is so discredited that prospective employers just ignore it. Who would pay the exorbitant price for it, anyway? It has duped a lot of people, it appears and, for that reason, it should be put out of business. I just tweaked them with an email. Let's see how low my integrity "rating" goes down with its current 4.0, which in and of itself is a joke.

By Barbara R.

You can try. It will cost you and the information is way out of date and sometimes wrong all together.

By Jennifer H.

THEY NEVER GOT ON THE PHONE AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS TO WAIT OUT THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

By Elissa H.

good luck this site is scam sit on hold for 30 min only to get hung up on

By lizanne t.

Newflash - your ISP IT dept wont care neither will your government IT - unfortunately organisations like this thrive due to the obsession with facebook and dire organisations such as that - everyone is desperate to have "friends" the more they have the more their self esteem is boosted. How many people do you know who have 600 "friends" on Facebook and have met none of them. My Life feeds on this "friends" frenzy - personally I believe if you are dumb enough to sign up to a random site then you deserve to lose your money

By dave R.

Don't bother, they will not honor the request! Create your own spam filter so they are not displayed in your inbox. If you really care, forward them to the spam dept. of your ISP. If enough people do that they will die out thru attrition. They have an $800 million judgement against them and will be forced into bankruptcy soon. Problem is they just rename the site and start again in another state. Takes being chased down and prosecuted to death state by state. Such is our wonderful legal system of loop holes letting these businesses exist and operate while simultaneously being prosecuted in another jurisdiction. Makes no sense to anybody but the scam artists and state legislatures on the take $$$$

By Anthony M.

Questions? Get answers from the MyLife staff and other customers.

7 Photos for MyLife