Review of MyLife

Tel: (888) 704-1900
privacy@mylife.com

janiceb91
2/18/19

Please, please, PLEASE do NOT have anything to do with company. Jeff Tinsley is a notorious con man who engages in extortion, defamation, and invasion of privacy. He gets away with it due to recent Supreme Court rulings that make it nearly impossible to file a class action lawsuit. Individuals can sue only if they can prove damages, and are then entitled to recover only that amount, so no lawyer will take their case. I just looked up more than ten people I know and nearly every single one is listed as having a criminal record, which is damaging to their reputation, not to mention untrue. Most of the information is false, with just enough accuracy to entice a few people to pay for the records, to get others to pay to have it removed, or to destroy relationships and job opportunities. Mylife.com makes their money by trying to destroy lives with credit card theft, scamming, and false or damaging information.Please read: http://marycumminsrealestatemarycummins.blogspot.com/2017/11/who-is-con-man-jeff-tinsley-jeff.html

lynns259
2/18/19

The information on this site is incorrect and out of date. They even say someone has a criminal record for a speeding ticket. Then try to get your money back and cancel. Thankfully I have a good CC company that is refunding the fees. SCAM SCAM SCAM

renam10
2/12/19

Just bad. Don't trust this site and good luck verifying the information they provide. A friend sent me my profile. Hilarious!! And very incorrect!!

patriziaa2
2/11/19

Much of the information is not accurate. For instance, if you have had a roommate, they are included as your relatives, which includes their debts, bankruptcies which also become YOURS. (One has to pay to see what is yours and what is associated with you through a relative.) Previous property owners, are now your relatives as well, and their debts, crimnal convictions become YOURS. It costs money to see your own report. So they trick you into trying to fix your report. I personally think this is a SCAM to make you pay to fix your reputation, which they have mishandled and manufactured!

marieh179
2/10/19

My page on MyLife is inaccurate. Multiple attempts to reach someone at MyLife through various sources have not been successful. It appears an effort might have been made to "update" but they only added more inaccuracies - AND they published my home phone number! I want my page removed from MyLife This company is a joke, as is its website and it's CEO Jeff Tinsley.

hwk
2/9/19

Fully 80% of the information is wrong. False "relatives", false court information, they don't even have the vehicle correct.

anitah87
2/9/19

Don't trust the information on this website. The information isn't accurate. They have me confused with another person with the same name. Incorrect addresses, relatives, phone numbers, etc.

clinte14
2/7/19

You cannot cancel your subscription. Only way to cancel is to cancel your credit card. Mega scam. They should all be behind bars!!

paulw585
2/4/19

Called MyLife's customer support number 888-773-9133 to verify i could easily cancel their $1.00 trial offer. I waited for 31 minutes with my number blocked as I didn't want nuisance call backs. As soon as I became 1st in their queue and whoever answered immediately hung up without even saying hello.

While waiting I noticed their monthly charge would be $19.95 however if you continue after the $1.00 trial offer the charge would be $24.95/month. You can read this yourself in their disclaimer below their subscription choices and credit card info entry.

After reading the other reviews and not being able to get a hold of a representative I HIGHLY recommend you stay away from MyLife if you want a life of your own.

dianneb102
2/1/19

I did a google search on myself, and a profile appeared from MyLife.com. It was filled with lies and slander. The report even said I had an arrest record, when I have never been arrested before in my life. The profile also gave the address of my home, and my cell phone number. Apparently I have to join, and pay a fee in order to correct the slander. Google, equally responsible for allowing doxing on their search engines, is of no help. Google says you must go to the owner of the company slandering you, and have them take their site off. The Government really needs to intervene and regulate Google and prosecute malicious sites like MyLife.com.

natassiay
1/31/19

They get you going by listing all types of info that are supposedly available, but when you finally sign up, and put in your credit card information, nothing comes up. Not even if you look yourself up... what you might get as a result of your search is the person's email address and a bogus "reputation rating " based on "God knows what" factors...

rhondap54
1/31/19

First of all most of the information is wrong! I found that 11 out of 13 relatives listed I don't even know!! It shows misinformation about me, my emails, law suits. I paid the $1 for 1 day to look up some information on some people for our company and found that this outfit charged me for a day plus a month's subscription. I am going to get my bank after them once the bank opens today.

joannaw37
1/30/19

First they charged me twice for $94.50 for an annual membership and I had to be the one to figure that out and ask for a reimbursement. Second, the $94.50 only includes a background report for 12 people total over the course of a year. After 12 people, you are back to what a non paying person can see. Furthermore, the 12 people included accidental duplicates of the same person. So if you pull the background report on someone just to get a quick view, then pull it up again on another device to look more in depth or print, that counts as 2 people.

dianag148
1/28/19

Mylife states that I have a criminal record,bankruptcy, lives in states I have never lived, relatives I do not have, liens I do not have. Everything they state about me is a complete lie. This better not effect my career or life, because I will take action. However It looks like others are managing this horrible company. Mylife is a fake scam that is slandering good people. I tried to call 3 times, waited 30 minutes each time, they picked up the phone, and hung up. I have emailed a request 5 days ago to tell them to remove my profile that they created not me. I am still waiting for their response. I never heard about mylife until I googled my name. This company needs to stop these horrific lies.

robj97
1/28/19

I signed up in order to perform ONE back ground check and unsubscribed same day. I have been charged each month since. I have the unsubscribe email. I called their toll free number and was on hold for 30 minutes, only to be conveniently disconnected as it became my turn to speak to someone. I had to call my own bank to stop these scum from stealing more.

cravenm2
1/25/19

Found out more information for free on my own than what they had. The family member I requested had a lengthy arrest record and they claim they couldn't find any.

kathleenm76
1/24/19

Scammers. They have incorrect information. Trying to disable my account and they doubled the cost they wanted to charge me. I will be watching my credit card to see if they actually disable. Do not engage with them!

julies496
1/24/19

They exploit false information with bogus reputation scores. I requested my profile to be removed sev months ago and it was, however was replaced again with my personal information with someone else's picture and derogatory info which is false.
I was on hold for over 45 min, when it was my turn the line disconnected. I've made 2 attempts to email with the same response "will respond within 72 hrs"... 3 wks later and still waiting. How are they in business? Unbelievable!

ronniem53
1/22/19

Is there a way to start a class action lawsuit to remove false information??? This is ridiculous. Repeated requests to remove information using their opt-out doesn't work!!

zhannau
1/22/19

SCAMS - I COULD NOT REACH THEM BY PHONE _ I GUES THEY DO IT ON PURPOSE.
WHY DO THEY STILL EXIST ??????

jerek2
1/17/19

I googled myself only to find that this website provides my age, religion work history for free on the Internet. This is illegal as it is providing information that 1. is false 2. is contributing to discrimination. They say they can block this information but they are the ones providing it.
How can we shut them down?
I have been waiting for 15 minutes to speak to someone only to be disconnected not once but twice.

elissah3
1/15/19

I became aware of my profile on mylife.com, that includes wrong address, wrong relatives (not related to anyone or know the names mentioned), an anonymous review that simply says, "I wouldn't be friends with Elissa Heyman". Is there a way to get this company off the web? Chase bank blocked their ability to charge me, no questions asked when I explained how they trick customers as well as lie about people: to cancel (I was charged $1 to look at my review, then automatic charges), the phone number NEVER leads to someone answering; the stated hold time just goes down and then back up so that I was on the phone for an hour or more. DO NOT GET A TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION, EVEN TO SEE YOUR COMPLETELY MADE UP PROFILE.

Tip for consumers: THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SUED OUT OF EXISTENCE.

alicial77
1/14/19

I googled myself one day and a bunch of inaccurate information came up on this site about myself. The first time I called I waited in que for over an hour. After reaching "next in line" I was disconnected. I called back later that day thinking it was an accidental error to have been hung up on and after waiting another hour the call was disconnected again. I called back another day when they first opened and held in line for 1.5 hours on the phone with the recording saying I was number 1 in line only to be disconnected again. Then reached out in email and never got a response. Then researched this company and am seeing that there is a class action lawsuit in place against this company for fraud. Beware this company is not legit. No one should buy into their claims. Don't waste your time they are fraudulent!!

annb410
1/10/19

To cancel you have to call and be on hold for 40 min. Then they always cut you off!!
I had to cancel my credit card!!!

judithd77
1/8/19

Not only did they put my personal info online they dared to assign me a *social score*. Who is assigning these scores and on what basis? Also they cherry picked my political views presenting them with misleading, stereotypical terms. Finally, this company is just plain rude. I spent an hour on the phone trying to get through, only to be disconnected once I had assumed the "next caller" status. Congress needs to regulate these companies that violate our privavy.

NO! Lol not at all!! Someone sent me a profile of me they had. All they had correct was my name and were close to my age. It would take a simple google search to find out they are illegitimate and had no clue about my life lol! :)

By Rena M.

It's called extortion. I, too, marvel that it still exists. Where are consumer protections? Unless it is so discredited that prospective employers just ignore it. Who would pay the exorbitant price for it, anyway? It has duped a lot of people, it appears and, for that reason, it should be put out of business. I just tweaked them with an email. Let's see how low my integrity "rating" goes down with its current 4.0, which in and of itself is a joke.

By Barbara R.

Yes! Email Mylife.com Att Removal Requests! Give them the url ( it's behind the i ( info circle) @ the top. Screen shot , attach to email and they HAVE to remove you. If you are a married woman you'll need to do this twice because after I went through the nightmare of removal they put ANOTHER of me up with my Maiden name ! When you request remind them you did not give permission for them to capitalize on your info ( although it's all false and they KNOW it's false , that's the Scam. No ONE and I repeat NO ONE HAS TO PAY TO REQUEST REMOVAL!!!!

By Katrina H.

THEY NEVER GOT ON THE PHONE AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS TO WAIT OUT THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

By Elissa H.

COMPLETELY FALSE REVIEW IN MY CASE. NONE OF THE ADDRESSES OR NAMES WERE CORRECT. POSTED REVIEW WAS ANONYMOUS, DID NOT REFERENCE MY WORK.

By Elissa H.

Newflash - your ISP IT dept wont care neither will your government IT - unfortunately organisations like this thrive due to the obsession with facebook and dire organisations such as that - everyone is desperate to have "friends" the more they have the more their self esteem is boosted. How many people do you know who have 600 "friends" on Facebook and have met none of them. My Life feeds on this "friends" frenzy - personally I believe if you are dumb enough to sign up to a random site then you deserve to lose your money

By dave R.

Don't bother, they will not honor the request! Create your own spam filter so they are not displayed in your inbox. If you really care, forward them to the spam dept. of your ISP. If enough people do that they will die out thru attrition. They have an $800 million judgement against them and will be forced into bankruptcy soon. Problem is they just rename the site and start again in another state. Takes being chased down and prosecuted to death state by state. Such is our wonderful legal system of loop holes letting these businesses exist and operate while simultaneously being prosecuted in another jurisdiction. Makes no sense to anybody but the scam artists and state legislatures on the take $$$$

By Anthony M.

Questions? Get answers from the MyLife staff and other customers.

5 Photos for MyLife