Review of MyLife

Los Angeles, CA 90024-2905
Tel: (888) 704-1900

sweetp6
2/17/18

I decided to google myself and found my pic and false information about me saying I have a criminal record... in trouble with court..etc. I looked up reviews of this site and found I'm not the only victim either. VERY creepy as hell. They have my pic, name, age stuff like that. It's an obvious scam so people pay for a false background screening. It says I'm Asain American... NO! I'm white..lmao! It has the full names of my family members too. I see reviews saying they keep asking for more and more money for bogus info. Someone even called them and the lowlife phone lady said I can't see anything pay $15 a month and we can look into your profile. She said she was gonna sue so then the lady removed her profile... WTF is up with this criminal scam site?! How is it legal to lie about my history in hopes of scamming people out of money?!!! The lady said parting words of find another job instead being a criminal with them. Some *living* isn't it??! Someone even said they were getting email spamming saying pay $35 if you want to unsub from their emails... Then spamming a lower price to pay to unsub from their email spamming. I am NOT being extorted to pay them to take down bogus info of mine on a bogus profile I never made. I see why it's been soooo hard trying to find a job for the past 7 yrs! Idiots that search me and feed into this BS!

ag1128
2/13/18
• Updated review

Since my last review I decided to try and edit as much info on the things they had on me (I.ie. Income, religion, birthdate, political affiliation). I even went in and gave myself 2 excellent reviews (for the purpose of messing with them). I found it funny that once I did this they send me numerous emails stating that people were looking at my information and they now have updates on me concerning possible criminal activities and such! In addition, the very first time I went on this site and saw my profile I noticed they had my face book picture - which they probably obtained prior to me making everything private well over 2years ago. Knowing that I did this, I switched out my picture and replaced it with a picture of nature. I then went on mylife to find out that they wrote a bio on me based on the info I changed AND changed my bio picture to the picture I changed on my FB page. So be aware and let everyone know that if they have a FB page or thinking of getting a FB page to make it all private in all areas as much as possible. Apparently, my life trolls different media sites to get any type of info on you they can get. One other note, not only do they list a few people as being related to me (another lie because I have no clue who they are and know for a fact they are not relatives) they list my son as have a record as well and he is in the military with top clearances! I am so glad that I never gave them any money to see what they supposedly have on me - and neither should anyone else fall for their money making scam.

“Mylife site is a joke.”
1/16/18
• Previous review

Please do not waste your time or money with this site. Do not believe the information they say they have because it is not accurate or even true. They have that I have a criminal and arrest record along with lawsuits/Liens/bankruptcies. I have NEVER been charged with a crime, fined or seen the inside of a court room. I have been working full time (along with having a part time job in addition for 3 years) while taking care of my family. This site had charges brought up against them a few years ago - I can not find the outcome. They need to be shut down ASAP.

lindad244
2/13/18

This fraudulent social site has been used by an ex wife to try and ruin a man's reputation and build herself up in the public eye as she lives a double life. She created an account for the man without his consent or knowledge and she and her immoral friend post negative reviews. They also use her account to bash the ex husband and build herself up in the small community where they live. In reality she participates in illegal activities and is an adulteress. This site should be shut down and made to compensate everyone who has had their reputation damaged by this "game" for immoral and low life individuals to readily use! Time to call a lawyer although I'm sure it's been done many times before!

ashleym257
2/6/18

This website {mylife.com} ....obviously has negatively impacted many lives. { the proof is right here on this site} This is a clear indication of "ill intent"on their part. They are not operating an honest business and they know exactly what they are doing. Fear based business practices are disgraceful and insulting to other businesses who operate online with integrity. They are consistently reporting false information about hundreds of people. This is unlawful and considered to be defamation of character among other unlawful practices. Their terms and conditions are the most disgraceful terms I have ever read to date. { THE short version bc I won't waste your life spam like I wasted my own by reading the most absurd bunch of ignorance I have ever read} They state that if you go to their website, that you are giving them your full permission to say anything they want to say or post about you. So, without even knowing what you will find when you get to their repulsive website you are agreeing to their terms. By following their illegal "click bait" subject line emails that take you straight to your false profile....you agreeing to their extremely poor business practices.
I am taking this as far as I can to shut them down. This can not go on anymore.
Mylife. com has a ONE star website rating and their rating is REAL. They gotta go. If you agree then comment or you may hear from a C.A attorney.

negassis
2/1/18

They have me as being single, Asian with criminal record and living in the wrong address than where they say I live. They have me AKA and listed named that I've never heard before. I was looking to edit or contact them but I did not see any contact information.

jasons342
1/31/18

MyLife is a click bait disinformation aggregator designed to do one and only one thing, to get you to part with your money.

If you want a real background check, hire a PI or use a background checking service but do not give money to these fakers.

genej10
1/22/18

I tried this "MYLIFE". I knew it was a scram after I became a member. They make it so hard to cancel. "MYLIFE" takes money from my account twice a month. I am having my attorney handle this. They steal from their clients, customers who ever they can scam.

tavias1
1/2/18

I HAVE HAD TO CALL TWICE NOW TO GET MY ACCOUNT CANCELED AND INSTEAD OF CANCELING MY ACCOUNT THEY RECHARGED ME FOR IT TWICE IN ONE MONTH. I HAVE HAD TO SEND THEM A COPY OF MY BANK STATEMENT TO SHOW THEM WHERE THEY MESSED UP AND OF COURSE I HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM THEM. THE TWO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS THAT I HAVE TALKED TO ACT LIKE THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN. GIVE ME A BREAK. I EVEN HAVE AN EMAIL FROM THE FIRST CSR STATING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO REFUND ME MY MONEY, BUT LIKE I SAID THEY CHARGED ME A SECONDED TIME INSTEAD OF REFUNDING.........

ds250
12/28/17

I signed up to get background info on someone. I received an error message when I processed the card but never received access. At the same time, my bank already showed a pending charge. I called customer service the next day. They told me my credit card was declined, but the money was already pending. They wanted me to pay more money to get access!! When I put up a fuss about it and spoke to a "supervisor" I was told that they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and my membership had been terminated, but the withdrawal is still pending!!

jeffr1286
12/28/17

I read a lot of reviews and complaints about this site. It should be shut down but it's not illegal to post information that's already public; however, it is illegal to spread slander about somebody on the internet. I signed up for lifelock and used their tools to have any kind of information removed from the internet. mylife.com removed my information in less then 5 business days. The information that's being posted about you can be helpful to others trying to steal your identity. It can also cost you a job if an employer does a search on the internet for information. Good luck and hopefully it helps.

robo27
12/22/17

I joined for 1 month. Checked for the info they had on me. It was very old (the job listed was one I had left 4 years ago), old email addresses (one from 14 years ago) and The only thing accurate was a financial issue from 3 years ago (I knew that). The hook that originally lead me to subscribe (someone from your town is looking up your info) was from 6 years ago.
When I called to get my money back they only initially just offered to stop automatic renewals (which the site wasn't clear I had signed up for). When I threatened to write a bad review, they gave me a full refund.
Should have looked here first.

michaelr254
12/21/17

I have repeatedly asked this company to remove my name and info from their website for two months now to no avail. Even with the Better Business Bureau's involvement they still refuse to. They say they can't find my name on their site, but it is clearly visible. I have filed complaints with the various California consumer help agencies and the Federal Trade Commission today. If anybody has this same problem with this company this would be a good start to get it removed and possibly get them fined and punished for this doing this.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site for anything

marylouv
12/16/17

This is a complete and total scam. I originally joined when preparing to attend a school reunion. Now I see personal information posted, some completely false and libelous.
Please remove me from this site ASAP!!!

lindfae
12/12/17

want my money back. this a scam, you should be ashamed of yourself. This a untrue sight, Information is incorrect. Class action lawsuits filed against you.

karenz36
11/27/17

Total ripoff. I never even subscribed to them or installed their program, nor would I ever want to, and got a bunch of emails saying they had all this personal and private information on me that wasn't even all true or wasn't even me, and that anyone could look up my phone number, address, etc., which was quite scary. And to unsubscribe they said I had to pay them and to install their program, but their program was NEVER installed on my phone. Complete scam trying to scare you into paying to opt out of something you never opted in to!!

rayg71
11/25/17

inaccuracies. Looked up multiple people I know as well as myself to check accuracy before proceeding to use for my intended business purpose. Virtually everything I found was either inaccurate or simply non existent. Worst than useless because of the inaccuracies. Contacted by phone and given NO resolution or offer of any kind of return of monies paid.

janeth131
11/22/17

Bad Portrayal of membership and you don't realize it until you see your bank account. Unbelievable and its non-refundable. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BAD BUSINESS.

barryk30
11/21/17

Nasty SOBs. Fraudulent scums. They will invent something, so you will pay them dor subscription charges.

jw209
11/18/17

You falsely made allegations in a card sent to my address about negative information in my file. How dare you use my name to line your pockets with subscription fees to view the false information. May bad luck fall upon all involved in this pitiful company.

sukim2
11/16/17

all bad ppl dnt even know me write bad reports u should clearly see the negative remarks are bad ppl leaving bad reviews review and see that person is all bad first before they can even write a review period !

donyaa
11/9/17

I called and the process to remove the URL takes two weeks! I spoke with Celyn who works at mylife.com as a customer service representative and requested to talk to her supervisor but she stated she had none! How that even possible? Very bad customer service!

aaronm118
11/2/17

The information is inaccurate and misleading. Says you have criminal when you do not.
When I asked them to remove my info they said no it is public info (wrong info). But if I paid them then they could help. Don't give them any money.

"With your MyLife.com Premium Membership you can request removal of your information from over 35 websites that publish and sell personal information."

"The information on each profile page is gathered from public sources, which can be easily found online using a simple Google search. This information will not be removed as these types of information are considered "public records" under the law, which means that anyone has the right to access them"

oanac2
10/30/17

"Mireille I." , I have the same problem, this is outrageous.
They should be named defamation.com

Where we can complaint about it? A class action lawsuit maybe?

mireillel1
10/29/17

When they don't have enough info on the person mylife spices up the report with warnings of criminal activities. I am shocked to discover that on screen 1, I "possibly" have a criminal history when I never even stole a parking spot from anyone. I guess I would have to pay to find out what the heck I never did in the first place. This site is outrageous. My integrity is essential to my business and yet under the cover of free enterprise any lowlife scum can tarnish it for profit. What an unethical organization. I don't know how their employees can look at their moms, spouses or kids in the eyes. If I could rate it -10 I would but no such option. They sure don't deserve a 1

patriciay23
10/13/17

First I received an email stating something that was posted to my background, of which I knew wasn't true. So I called and was told that I could access my background report for 14.95, so I did and then tried to access my information and got absolutely no where. After calling and speaking with several people , of which they just bull$#*! there way around what I was trying to tell them, which they now changed there story and said that I would have to pay for premium membership to get my report, because the 14.95 didnt cover this service. Then I was told that I wouldn't be able to get my own background report but I could search for others. Not true, they knew exactly what I was searching for from the getco. What Liars!!! So I paid and then got to the screen where I was supposed to be able to access my report and it never showed....... I called back to cancel and get my money refunded and listened to more crap,the girl just kept speaking over my conversation. She was very rude and wouldn't listen to what I was trying the say. She made it sound like I didn't know what I was signing up for. At this point, now I couldn't even access my account. PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH MYLIFE..... TOTAL RIPOFF AND I AM POSTING THIS SO THE SAME SITUATION DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU. BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE THEY POST INFORMATION THAT ISN'T EVEN YOU OR AND THE INFORMATION IS A LIE. SO I GOT RIPPED OFF TODAY AND STILL NOT ABLE TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE BY HAVING MY INFORMATION CORRECTED OR COMPLETELY DELETED FROM THIS SITE. I WILL PURSUE THIS.

Newflash - your ISP IT dept wont care neither will your government IT - unfortunately organisations like this thrive due to the obsession with facebook and dire organisations such as that - everyone is desperate to have "friends" the more they have the more their self esteem is boosted. How many people do you know who have 600 "friends" on Facebook and have met none of them. My Life feeds on this "friends" frenzy - personally I believe if you are dumb enough to sign up to a random site then you deserve to lose your money

By dave R., MyLife Representative

Don't bother, they will not honor the request! Create your own spam filter so they are not displayed in your inbox. If you really care, forward them to the spam dept. of your ISP. If enough people do that they will die out thru attrition. They have an $800 million judgement against them and will be forced into bankruptcy soon. Problem is they just rename the site and start again in another state. Takes being chased down and prosecuted to death state by state. Such is our wonderful legal system of loop holes letting these businesses exist and operate while simultaneously being prosecuted in another jurisdiction. Makes no sense to anybody but the scam artists and state legislatures on the take $$$$

By Anthony M., MyLife Representative

If you want to know whether this company are reputable or not I suggest you read their feedback - I personally have never seen a company with a rating of 1% on Site Jabber before. It would appear from the feedback that there is little difference between handing over $100 to My Life and Flushing it down the toilet. Either way judging by the reviews it sees you will get nothing for your money

By dave R., MyLife Representative

Questions? Get answers from the MyLife staff and other customers.

MyLife?