Review of SpyFly

Tel: +1-800-831-9235
optout@spyfly.com

lindab1207
4/24/19

Ausom experience with you and your team. Thanks for your offer and I can now afford to pay for it. O in for fixed income and expenses get tuff.

teresajasmineh
2/20/19

I signed up for spy fly paid the dollar spyfly took it upon themselves to go into my account after cancelling my subscription and still money that has still yet to be returned I do do recommend this website to anyone they steal out of your account without your authorization

stevend266
1/29/19

Spyfly . i went through them 1 time to obtain a background check for $1. Well i got the background check and paid the $1 no problem. I paid it out of my bank account. About a month or two later i recieved a "Warning Fraudulent Activity" Text message from my bank. In that text was a message stating i needed to contact the bank asap because there was a pending transaction that i didn't purchase. So i called the bank and come to find out SPYFLY.COM tried to take a whole $29.00 out of my bank account!! So i had to tell them that wasn't me and they stopped my account and i had to get a new one. So just a heads up if you do the $1.00 background and use your bank like i did they will try to hit your bank for more than what they're supposed to.

candices50
8/8/18

I have been using it for months now and am loving it. It meets my expectations and its a good price.Yes sometimes the info is off but it only pulls whats on the internet. Id say 95% of the time the info is spot on and I have learned a lot of stuff I never knew about a lot of people. I love Spyfly!

johnd1513
5/18/18

Whatever they say on the website is a lie. Whoever's thinking to this give this a try, shouldnt! The information available on their website is misleading including the part about free trial? I was charged TWICE. The customer service was pathetic and not at all helpful. Although got my money back, but the whole ordeal was rather tiring to say the least. Chose Xnspy after this and it was a satisfying experience that too, with very good customer support service.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello John,
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our website. We would be happy to assist you in this issue. One thing that you should be aware of is that our site offers a free search to determine if the individual being searched is present on our site. Please call our friendly member support team at 800-831-9235 and ask to speak with a supervisor. We will make sure to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.
randyk71
4/16/18

I can not get an e-mail to reset my password...I think they changed my password because I had the same one for to long...

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Randy,
We are sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing our website. We would be happy to assist you in this issue. Please call our friendly member support team at 800-831-9235 and we will make sure to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.
louish35
2/20/18

They dont any information that you are looking for. Its a carefully planned tactic that entices people into spending dollar after dollar. By the time you figure out that the information they are providing is inaccurate, you have already spent a few dozen bucks. DONT BUY THIS!! I tried xnspy.com after this and they are quite reliable. Theres a support team to help you out and they even have a decent refund policy.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Louis,
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our website. We would be happy to assist you in this issue. One thing that you should be aware of is that our site includes billions of data elements that are available in our national database. If you are not seeing information on our site, then that means that the data you are looking for may not be publicly available. So, even if you are positive that something occurred, it’s not guaranteed that the information has been digitally archived correctly by the court system so it’s possible that your data is not available yet. For some people this is a good thing because negative information might be difficult or impossible to find. It's also possible that someone could have suppressed (had removed) information from being publicly available.
Also, our service is offered on a 7-day trial period and our system only allows one trial per person so you should not have been billed more than $1.00 until the trial period ended. Were you billed $1.00 on multiple occasions? Please call our friendly member support team at 800-831-9235 and we will make sure to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.
carolynk41
1/29/18

Looking myself up, I find I have a criminal record in someone else's name I never heard of.
The employment records say I, my father, my co-workers who worked in state and federal jobs and private businesses are all said to not have had jobs.
Some of the arrest records have garbled numbers or letters on the part to tell what the arrest was for.
Dates of moves into and out of an address are mixed up.
Someone I never heard of was supposedly living at my parents house only they lived in. My stepmother is listed as having lived in my house, which she never did.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Carolyn,
Please call our friendly member support team at 800-831-9235 and we will make sure to resolve this situation to your satisfaction. If there is any incorrect information listed on our website, we are happy to have it removed.
debbiel93
1/14/18

I,m not happy with a report tonight.Its not worth two dollars,i,m sorry. I tried to call the number,it didn,t ring. My email is lewda0201@gmail.com

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Debbie,
Please call our friendly member support team at 800-831-9235 and we will make sure to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.I do show that you were able to call in and speak with a representative, the call does appear to have ended with a mutual resolution reached but please contact us if we have not been able to do so.
rubym48
10/1/17

I tried Spyfly myself and found it way behind in their information. I had to
Tell THEM it was old and not updated.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Ruby,
clairs13
9/12/17

I contacted SpyFly the day after the first payment was pulled out of my bank account. They listened to me. I explained that I would not be needing the service. They offered me several different offers. All sounding good. I don't need the service. They refunded my money right away. They say up to 10 days, but I had my money back in my bank account within 24 hours. The people were very nice to speak with. Do you find this odd? I do too. But that is how it went, and I am very grateful to get my money back. I did pay the 2 dollars. And it was worth the 2 dollars to do my quick search.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Clair,
Thank you for sharing your experience with customer service department. Please let us know if you have any questions, especially about anything you may have considered odd in this interaction.
davej85
9/11/17

Hey, people! If you want a good service, you have to pay good money... To me spyfly would be better if they decreased the price...

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Dave,
Thank you for sharing your experience!
kaitlynm19
7/24/17

STAY AWAY!!!! The website is a total crap shoot, and a major scam! The information that was initially provided looked pretty promising, but when you use the "free" trial, the results are very limited and disappointing. There was also a lot of incorrect information that I came across in my searches. I decided to give it a shot because I figured I wouldn't be losing anything with a free trial.....I was VERY wrong!! I hope someone can find them a dictionary because it is evident they do not understand the meaning behind the word free... I was promised a free trial that would not charge anything to my card if canceled before the deadline. It did NOT turn out that way. I cancelled my membership within 48 hours of signing up (which was a battle of its own) while dealing with rude employees, "technical difficulties", and waiting on hold forever! Even after I was disappointed by those results, I would have been perfectly fine moving on with life, until I noticed the $30 charge on my account....and when I tried to resolve the issue, my account was not recognized, I was on hold for extended periods of time and patronized by the customer service employees. I was told my account was not charged at all, even though I was looking at the statement in front of me. They did refund most of my money and I was willing to yet again let it go because it was my fault for thinking this wouldn't be a scam. All was fine until I received ANOTHER $30 charge on my card.... I hope nobody else has to deal with this crap-tastic service because nobody should have to waste HOURS of their time trying to correct the unauthorized charges and mediocre search results that will result from a "free trial".

Tip for consumers: Do not expect greatness, but do expect your money to be wasted or stolen...

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Kaitlyn,
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our website. We would be happy to assist you in this issue. We apologize for any confusion but our site is not offered for free. Our service provides background check and public records nationwide; the service we offer allows our customers to perform unlimited searches and reports. Our company offers the service for a 7-day trial period but then does renew at our monthly rate unless cancelled.
kellyh123
11/13/16

Its a freaking joke it says free but at the end they want money really people need to stop found this

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Ruby,
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our website. We would be happy to assist you in this issue. We apoligize for any confusion but our site is not offered for free. Our service provides background check and public records nationwide; the service we offer allows our customers to perform unlimited searches and reports. Our company offers the service for a 7-day trial period but then does renew at our monthly rate unless cancelled.
kimberlyh74
9/30/16

My husband used my card for the $1 fee for "FREE TRIAL", I emailed this company & clearly wrote that my card was not to be charged. In bold I said "YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE MY CARD! Of course they did anyway & now I have submitted a CHARGEBACK. The limited information my husband received for the multiple back ground & people searches revealed only public information, and possible relatives (same info in the whitepages), and the information on me is not even me, (wrong person) and the wrong persons associations are linked to my family! What a joke, don't be scammed, save your $1 because it really will turn into $100's of dollars.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Dear Kimberly,
We are sorry for experiences and welcome the opportunity to resolve these issues. We do apploigize for the confusion on our terms but we do not offer a free trial of our service. The offer for our service on our website is a 7 day trail that does renew at a monthly rate unless cancelled. Cancellation can occur 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our automated system and our customer service department is available at 1-800-831-9235 between 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We are always happy to help our customers. Please give us a call as we would love to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.
melanieo7
7/29/16

I cancelled and I want my money back and all you can offer is half of the money! Sorry, but that is a joke! And there was no way it was near the seven day trial period.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Dear Melanie,
We are sorry for experiences and welcome the opportunity to resolve these issues. We do offer our service on an 7 day trail basis and it does renew at a monthly rate unless cancelled but no monthly billing would ever occur until the 7 day trial period had expired. Cancellation can occur 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our automated system and our customer service department is available at 1-800-831-9235 between 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We are always happy to help our customers. Please give us a call as we would love to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.
mathewp13
4/14/16

You are such a rip off I canceled the same day and your still charging me.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Dear Mathew,
We are sorry for experiences and welcome the opportunity to resolve these issues. We do offer our service on an introductory trail basis and it does renew at a monthly rate unless cancelled but no monthly billing would ever occur until the 7 day trial period had expired. Cancellation can occur 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our automated system and our customer service department is available at 1-800-831-9235 between 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We are always happy to help our customers. Please give us a call as we would love to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.
gweno1
4/10/16

I signed in, paid $1, looked up what I wanted, then canceled my subscription. While some of the info was not completely accurate, most was. Customer service was great.

rosealees
4/9/16

When you say it is free, why the $2 charge at the end of search ? That isn't FREE then is it ? Look at all these bad reviews too - WOW

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Dear Rosealee,
We are sorry for experiences and welcome the opportunity to resolve these issues. We do offer our service on an introductory trail basis and it does renew at a monthly rate unless cancelled. We do allow everyone to run search on our site to determine if the public record they are looking for is available. Once the consumer is able to verify the record is already on our site, they are then able to register with the piece of mind the record they are trying to locate is already present on the website. We would be happy to further explain if that is not clear, our customer service department is available at 1-800-831-9235 between 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We are always happy to help our customers. Please give us a call as we would love to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.
tinar50
2/20/16

I gave found everything I need to know so far!!!! Thank u much

flaudinea
2/6/16

I cannot log into my accounti also want to make sure you do not deduct anything from my visa account sue to the fact i cannot cancel
have tried to reset password more than once you will not send to my email. adamsf9@att.net

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hello Flaudine,
Thank you for taking the time to comment; we show that your account has been cancelled since December but would be happy to provide you assistance in utilizing our service. Please give our customer support department a call at 1-800-831-9235 and we will be happy to assist you.
Spyfly Member Support Department
stephaniec71
10/30/15

I could not even open up to view anything, Spyfly is a ripoff.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hi, Stephanie. Thank you for your thoughts. We always want to make sure our customers are having a pleasant experience utilizing our website. If you need technical support, please reach out to our support team by calling us at 1-800-831-9235 between 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We look forward to assisting you.
maryw131
10/27/15

Your company told me I'd get an email stating our phone conversation (last week) saying you would cancel (again) the membership. I have received NO email AND you debited my bank account today, and I am tired of reading how you do this to everyone - let alone me.
I demand a refund of the money you took from my account yesterday, then CANCEL my membership once and for all.

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hi Mary, thank you very much for your thoughts. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your SpyFly experience and encourage you to reach out to us so we can take the steps to resolve this situation to your satisfaction. Our support team is ready to speak with you at 1-800-831-9235 and are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We look forward to assisting you.
brandyt3
9/18/15

I called to cancel my membership & the male on the phone claimed to be a supervisor. He was extremely condescending to me, repeatedly tried to sell me a membership, despite me repeating myself to not sell me anything & to cancel my membership. He then said, "oh, so I think you say you want to cancel your membership, is that correct!??", after I said it 5 times! Extremely rude, unprofessional, belittling & condescending! Avoid this 'business'!

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hi Brandy,
We apologize that you received less than satisfactory customer service when you called in. Please reach out to our support team so we can help you resolve this issue. Our team can be reached via email by sending a message to support@spyfly.com or by calling us at 1-800-831-9235 between 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We appreciate your time and look forward to assisting you.
brendam49
9/14/15

i cannot get into my account and can't get anyone to respond .

Response from Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Hi Brenda. Please reach out to our support team so we can help you gain access to your membership. Our team can be reached via email by sending a message to support@spyfly.com or by calling us at 1-800-831-9235 between 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We appreciate your time and look forward to assisting you.

Hi, Clifford. Thank you for your question. Our site does require sign up for a 7 day trial membership - this allows a member the opportunity to utilize our website and determine its long term value. If you choose not to cancel your membership within 7 days, you are automatically enrolled into our family protection membership of $29.97 a month. Canceling a membership is very easy - one only need call our customer service team at 1-800-831-9235 between 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST 7 days a week. We are always happy to help our customers.

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Hello Wallace, Thank you for your question, you can run a search on a website to see if the individual you are looking for is available before registration but registration must occur prior to viewing the detailed report. Thanks Spyfly Member Support Team

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Chico is correct with regards to the two best numbers to reach Spyfly Member Support at. 1-800-831-9235 or 1-800-301-5816. However, once you call the friendly member support department to cancel, they will make that very easy for you (they might even offer you a discounted membership option to continue with the service if you're interested) and send you a proof of cancellation email. You do not need to contact your credit card company as this A rated better business bureau company will do whatever you want and make it super easy to do so.

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Paul V is correct regarding not all criminal data is digitally archived correctly by the court system so it's possible that your data is not available....Spyfly can only provide data that is publicly made available by the court system. For some people this is a good thing because negative information might be difficult or impossible to find.

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Hi Kelly, Thank you for your question. We would be happy to assist you with locating an individual on our website. Our friendly member support team is available from 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM (PST). One thing that you should be aware of is that our site includes billions of data elements that are available in our national database. If you are not seeing information on our site, then that means that the data you are looking for may not be publicly available. So, even if you are positive that something occurred, its not guaranteed that the information has been digitally archived correctly by the court system so its possible that your data is not available yet. For some people this is a good thing because negative information might be difficult or impossible to find. It's also possible that someone could have suppressed (had removed) information from being publicly available. Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist. Spyfly Member Support Team

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Hello Elizabeth, We are sorry to hear you are having trouble logging into the website, we would be happy to assist you on this matter. Please call us 7 days a week from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. at 1-800-831-9235 or send us an email to support@spyfly.com and we can reset your password for you and confirm you are able to access your account. If for some reason a representative or a supervisor is not available, simply leave us a detailed message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We thank you for the opportunity to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Hello A.G., We are sorry you are experiencing these difficulties and would be happy to help you with this issue. Please call us 7 days a week from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. at 1-800-831-9235 and any one of our friendly member support reps will be happy to assist you. If for some reason a representative is not available, simply leave us a detailed message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank You

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Hello Debbie, We are sorry you are experiencing these difficulties and would be happy to help you with this issue. Please call us 7 days a week from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. at 1-800-831-9235 and any one of our friendly member support reps will be happy to assist you. If for some reason a representative is not available, simply leave us a detailed message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Hello Shari, Please call us 7 days a week from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. at 1-800-831-9235 and any one of our friendly member support reps will be happy to assist you. If for some reason a representative is not available, simply leave us a detailed message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative

Hello Pamela, Thank you for inquiry; we have been attempting to contact you as we did receive your emailed request for cancellation but saw that the email confirmation email was bouncing when we were attempting to send to the email address we have on file. Your account was cancelled on 1/5/16 and we have removed your public record information from our site as of 1/11/16. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our friendly member support team at 1-800-831-9235.

By Spy F., SpyFly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the SpyFly staff and other customers.

1 Photo for SpyFly