musicMagpie.co.uk

musicMagpie.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 23 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. musicMagpie.co.uk also ranks 42nd among Sell Cell Phone sites. The most common issues with musicMagpie.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Purchased a phone, as I needed it urgently for work, paying for the next day delivery.
How would you rate musicMagpie.co.uk?

“MUGGED BY MUSIC MAGPIE”

Liz S.
5/10/20

I sent 200 cds that I had checked for quality & made sure had clean uncracked cases with paper inlays, all intact, off 2 music magpie. After a wait of several days they rejected very, very many as damaged. In fact, some were new & had not been played. Explain that. I felt as if someone had broken into my home & stolen them. Worst thing was I was going to give a donation to my friend's dog rescue charity.... fat chance. DON'T USE MUSIC MAGPIE

phone (14)
lizs219
May 10th, 2020
christopherc910
February 12th, 2020
Living proof of the sharp practice at Music Magpie when selling your phone. Reduced offer from £75 to £7 due to phone being severely damaged etc'. Declined the offer. Received phone back today after kicking off. Arrived back as pristine as when I sent it, box intact etc. Nice try! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
tommyj54
May 12th, 2020
Very poor service. Would recommend not using. Damaged an item I sold to them and would send it back, said it's there policy to recycle it, seems like a rip off to keep items and not pay.
Would recommend selling to the likes of CEX or selling your items yourself through eBay.

Tip for consumers: Don't sell with music magpie

cathyk140
May 8th, 2020
My son sent xbox and games in a bundle all in good order. Were informed xbox was smashed on arrival. As we had packed and cushioned it with games surrounding this was obviously a lie. After a lot of calls we finally had a different colour smashed unit returned which they said was ours.
THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES WHO SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRADE. WHI STEALS FROM A KID???????
andyp209
April 27th, 2020
I have used multiple companies that buy dvds and music magpie has to be the worst.

They declined two dvds as they indicated they were damaged (I have previously verified them on my pc), one conveniently was the most valuable one and the other was probably the next most valuable.

Nice Try Music Magpie, never ones to let a pandemic stop you from fleecing people.

If you are thinking of selling your dvds, avoid. WeBuyBooks and Ziffit are much better options.

I have only left one star because you can't leave a 0,
tims189
March 11th, 2020
Tried Magpie for first time all good then second package gone missing have tracking and receipt but magpie denying receipt
Courier who collected said he hadn't been paid for over 80 parcels and wasn't happy about taking mine but did and wouldn't guarantee my parcel reaching destination
Won't use again
dominick20
March 10th, 2020
Sent them an Xbox and I phone they were in good condition. Combined should of got 180 they said both items were damaged and came back with 90 quid. After they held my phone for 3 weeks I just accepted the offer. Just a bunch of absolute con jobs.
emmae116
January 13th, 2020
Tried to sell my old phone which they valued at £41 this had been used right upto the day it was posted to them, they receive it and tell me that it's only worth £4 because the charging port doesn't work. I don't agree to sell it's I know the charging port works fine so I receive the phone back today and get it checked in my local phone shop who says it all works absolutely fine. So this shows they are trying to con people out of money. Don't trust them with selling anything to them is all I will say. This ll happened to a friend of mine whose phone they lied about to...had I have known this I wouldn't have bothered dealing with them in the first place. Just avoid!!
stepheng691
February 17th, 2020
Was quoted £56 for 108 cd's which equates to approx 50p per cd. When Music Magpie received them, they said a few were missing, which is a complete lie, as I checked every cd before I posted then. They then reduced the quote by over £11 for the few cd's which were apparently missing. I see this has also happened before to other customers.
aileana
March 5th, 2020
AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Phone was described as in 'good' condition, which was not the case - phone is covered in dents, and the whole surface is extremely scratched (description promised it'll be a scratch or two that's easy to cover with the protector).

Phone also arrived broken - home button was stuck in, making phone impossible to use, and once again not meeting description of the product on the website.

When got in touch with Customer Support, I was put through to the lad called 'Sam G.' who refused to help me and then his manager 'Jamie' refused to speak to me without giving me any reason.

So not only, musicmagpie sells evidently broken phones, it also refuses to resolve any customer issues and managers are not bothered either.
jm890
December 17th, 2019
It maybe a bit to early to be writing this but i think the circumstances justify it. Today I was supposed to receive my order from MusicMagpie a (Pristine) IPhone Xs Max which i paid Around £500 for ( A clear bargain) on their eBay store. The package was delivered on expected date. everything was going well until i opened the box, inside the box instead of a phone there was a just load of folded paper. I'm not sure if this was a mistake or they are actually attempting to scam me but I have raised the issue with them and am currently awaiting a resolution. I've been an avid user of eBay for years and this has never before happened to me, this is just unnecessary hassle for me just before Christmas, what an absolute joke.
robertl946
November 2nd, 2019
• Updated review
Received my "liquid damaged" iPhone back from music magpie, see photo's provided by MM as proof of damage (don't bother looking too hard there's no damage just photos of the same sticker taken 4 times) so took my phone to CEX who without prompting said this was an iPhone in exceptional condition and promptly gave it an A grade an me £232 a full £100 more than MM's "revised offer" at the time of writing this I've written to MM for their comments, in fairness I'll post them once received,
Your item is not as specified. Please view our Revised Offer Price
October 20th, 2019
• Previous review
I've been pretty stupid, MM returned my ipad with a very slight white spot that they advised was liquid damage, it was minor and I'd never seen it before but never the less it wasn't 100% perfect, so I thought lighting doesn't strike twice and my iPhone 8 is perfect so perfect that I took a video of it and decided to risk posting it to MM as they had offered £237 and what could go wrong it surely they couldn't argue its condition after I had looked at it so closely, I was wrong they sent the dreaded not as specified email and a revised offer of £132, at this stage I've asked for photo of the reported "liquid damage" either MM are so fussy and this means really really fussy as my phone was as new or there's something very dark about their mode of business ? my best advice is for you to never ever use them ,they used to be ok but two rejected items in a fortnight is characteristic of a struggling company out to make money however they can.
Approach Music Magpie with caution
October 16th, 2019
• Previous review
By way of an update to my earlier review , MM responded to my complaint by providing a photo of my iPad that does show a defective pixel ,whether this warrants them dropping offer from £290 to £25 I'll leave for you to decide, and wouldn't it of been easier for them to provide this photo with their counter offer of £25 in the first place, as an engineer myself I also wonder what stress test my machine underwent when being tested by MM , all of this is now irrelevant as I took the machine to CEX who graded it as a "A" and gave me £200 cash
Alleged liquid damage to screen
October 14th, 2019
• Previous review
Just got my iPad back from music magpie , they had offered me £290 for it ,only for this to be reduced to £25 due to liquid damage, initially I thought maybe the post office had dropped it in a puddle or something as I'd posted it in brand new condition, sky had offered me a new one for £11 per month with data so it made sense for me to sell my old one , iPad came back today covered in dirty finger marks but otherwise undamaged no sign of any water damage, so I took it into town and was offered £188 for it main reason for taking it was for another person to look at it, but they found no damage , I think the price has probably dropped due due to 7th gen coming out and MM no longer wanting to pay £290 either that or the inspection department toad was trying to grab himself a cheap iPad , I've sold a few things before to MM without issue , I emailed them to say it wasn't damaged but got fobbed off with a nonsense reply
jc1032
March 4th, 2020
USE ANOTHER SERVICE! - scam THEY WILL NOT RETURN YOUR PHONE WHEN THEY DECIDE THEY DONT WANT TO PAY YOU THE QUOTED PRICE.
aphies
October 29th, 2019
Sold iPad for £300, they said it was liquid damaged - LIES - had it checked my a friend who works for apple, no liquid damage, iPad is fine. Sold at CEX, can't believe the bull$#*! of this company.
dif4
October 3rd, 2019
Do not sell a mobile with them .
My son sent one in in perfect condition came back damaged
I do not recommend music magpie
davidf149
January 4th, 2016
I ordered a game and after various attempts to contact them by phone "Sorry the mailbox is full" and emails doing the same, I messaged on Twitter and they eventually responded.

The item never arrived and whilst I got my money back, I was really annoyed as it was an excellent price.

The new Music Magpie doesn't seem to have as much stock for some strange reason.

I'm very dubious about using them in the future
glendad21
September 4th, 2019
DO NOT SELL MOBILES TO MUSIC MAGPIE
Decided to sell my phone due to getting an Upgrade. Went onto Music Magpie and entered details of phone in, and that it was good condition. Offer popped up £77.10. Accepted it and was sent a barcode to get scanned at post office. Packaged it up, two lots of bubble wrap (round the phone, put it in original box and wrapped the box in more bubble wrap, then in brown paper). Took it to post office, got barcode scanned, label was printed, sent it off. A few days later I got an email stating it wasn't in the condition I said it was in and their revised offer was now £49,68. I subsequently emailed and asked that they send me a photo of my damaged phone as I had taken a picture of it before it left my hands. They sent me three pictures of a damaged phone, with an IMEI sticker next to it. I contacted my phone provider who sent me the IMEI Number from my phone as they keep records. This matched the sticker next to the phone they were saying was mine. I emailed again and told them that I knew it definitely wasn't my phone and that they had in effect stolen my phone and replaced it with another one and were trying to con me. I told them I had filed a report at the Police Station and that this matter will now be dealt with by them on my behalf. I asked for the Phone to be returned to me as soon as possible so I could take it to the Police upon receipt. I got the phone this morning (4 Sept 2019) and felt sick as I opened the parcel, wondering what I was going to find. In the box was MY Phone - no damage, nothing. Why would they do that? I'll tell you why, because they think if they show you some damage you will accept their lower offer. Well I'm happy to say I saw through their scam and I now have my Phone and all the evidence I need to kick their sorry asses.

Under no circumstances sell your Mobile Phones to these Con Artists.

I've attached a pic of the Phone they said was mine and my actual Phone which they returned - funny that!

Tip for consumers: Be wary if selling Mobile Phones to these people, they try to say the Phone you sent was damaged when it actually isn’t, they even send you photos of a damaged item. They offer you less than the original offer, decline and get your Phone back, mine is the second photo - no damage anywhere on it but wanted to give me nearly £30 less than their original offer

sarahr323
May 24th, 2019

That's my TrustPilot review, their response and my further response.

To sum up - they sent me a phone which completely ceased to function. I sent it back and I want a refund. Because the phone didn't die within 30 days they have fixed and returned to me (despite me contacting them to tell them not to) the original phone. I have zero confidence that a company who say they send out phones which "function perfectly" and which have apparently made it through being "quality assessed" and so I don't want their replacement, I want a phone which I have confidence in and trust to work, which is not one from this company. They have accepted the fault is their's but have still left me out of pocket and penalised. The 30 days in immaterial, in that the product sent was not fit for purpose.
Save yourself time and effort and go elsewhere. I eventually managed to get a reply to them AFTER I posted a review on TrustPilot which says that they think more about their external reputation than they do about my actual customer experience.
Or tie two tin cans together with string, because that will work better than my phone did.
billyf13
February 13th, 2015
Incredibly slow, and no come back when they decide to "reject" items for arbitrary reasons (and won't provide evidence). The whole process for sending 75 CDs took 5 weeks from them collecting the CDs to finally having the money in my account (less the amount they deducted from the final amount for rejected items). The only other thing with rejected items is that you can't have them back either.

Maybe this is a teenager running it all from his bedroom?

Tip for consumers: Don't.

sophieh36
November 6th, 2017
Recently sent a LGK8 to music magpie and was offered £17.00. The phone was working well and I used it a few days before I sent it. A few days later, music magpie emailed to tell me that the SIM port was faulty, and reduced my offer to £1.70. I rang to in to query this, since the phone was working before, and they said my only option was to accept or decline the offer. Declined, and guess what? I have just received my phone back in full working order, as I sent it. I put my Tesco Mobile SIM back in, sent a text and made a phone call. I called customer services again and they still refused to reconsider the offer or apologise for their error. Neither staff members even deviated from their script to listen to my problem, nor were they able to suggest any solutions. Do not send your phone here. They will hook you in with a good price and then knock it down.
tracyw59
February 2nd, 2016
Companies like this should not be allowed to trade.I am appalled that people are able to be so dishonest and get away with it nowadays. I sent a phone to them as they offered us £50. They then sent an email saying the camera didn't work so they are now offering £5. Knowing the camera was fine when I sent it I asked them to double check it. They then sent an email saying the lens on the camera was scratched. Again knowing the phone was good when I sent it I declined the revised offer and requested they return the phone. I received the phone back the lens had been scratched the hell out of along clearly on purpose along with a lovely scratch on the screen which wasn’t on it before as I only removed the protection cover before sending the phone to them. And not only that they returned the phone minus the charger. Please advise trading standards if you have experienced something similar. And if you are tempted to ever use them take photos of everything before sending anything to them as well as photos of your packaging etc.
alynalr
September 8th, 2016
I Sent my iPhone 6 Plus when they offered to pay me £260 .. Today I got email from them saying that the iPhone faulty and want to buy it for £40 . My iPhone in v good condition and working perfectly I sent it with the orginal box and charger .. I called costumer service and I told him that my daughter took a video when We were boxing the phone and sent it and I can sent to him, he said yes ur iPhone is working and not faulty but there's a few secrache on the secreen and on the back of the phone !

Now I am waiting to get my iPhone back and I hope that they wil send it as it is !!!

NEVER TRUST THIS PEPOLE
mandyh1
January 1st, 2014
Be very careful the quote you get when scanning your stuff initially is not what they pay you for, when I queried it I was told clothes I sent had stains...they didnt and were designer labels and they wouldnt send them me back so what do they do with them.

Definitely a scam. That takes advantage of people, with there small print. Stating they do a quality check and if they don't accept it they recycle your items and refuse to send them back.

By Tommy j.