musicMagpie.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0330 223 0989
customerservices@musicmagpie.co.uk

robertl946
11/2/19
• Updated review
Received my "liquid damaged" iPhone back from music magpie, see photo's provided by MM as proof of damage (don't bother looking too hard there's no damage just photos of the same sticker taken 4 times) so took my phone to CEX who without prompting said this was an iPhone in exceptional condition and promptly gave it an A grade an me £232 a full £100 more than MM's "revised offer" at the time of writing this I've written to MM for their comments, in fairness I'll post them once received,
“Your item is not as specified. Please view our Revised Offer Price”
10/20/19
• Previous review
I've been pretty stupid, MM returned my ipad with a very slight white spot that they advised was liquid damage, it was minor and I'd never seen it before but never the less it wasn't 100% perfect, so I thought lighting doesn't strike twice and my iPhone 8 is perfect so perfect that I took a video of it and decided to risk posting it to MM as they had offered £237 and what could go wrong it surely they couldn't argue its condition after I had looked at it so closely, I was wrong they sent the dreaded not as specified email and a revised offer of £132, at this stage I've asked for photo of the reported "liquid damage" either MM are so fussy and this means really really fussy as my phone was as new or there's something very dark about their mode of business ? my best advice is for you to never ever use them ,they used to be ok but two rejected items in a fortnight is characteristic of a struggling company out to make money however they can.
“Approach Music Magpie with caution”
10/16/19
• Previous review
By way of an update to my earlier review , MM responded to my complaint by providing a photo of my iPad that does show a defective pixel ,whether this warrants them dropping offer from £290 to £25 I'll leave for you to decide, and wouldn't it of been easier for them to provide this photo with their counter offer of £25 in the first place, as an engineer myself I also wonder what stress test my machine underwent when being tested by MM , all of this is now irrelevant as I took the machine to CEX who graded it as a "A" and gave me £200 cash
“Alleged liquid damage to screen”
10/14/19
• Previous review
Just got my iPad back from music magpie , they had offered me £290 for it ,only for this to be reduced to £25 due to liquid damage, initially I thought maybe the post office had dropped it in a puddle or something as I'd posted it in brand new condition, sky had offered me a new one for £11 per month with data so it made sense for me to sell my old one , iPad came back today covered in dirty finger marks but otherwise undamaged no sign of any water damage, so I took it into town and was offered £188 for it main reason for taking it was for another person to look at it, but they found no damage , I think the price has probably dropped due due to 7th gen coming out and MM no longer wanting to pay £290 either that or the inspection department toad was trying to grab himself a cheap iPad , I've sold a few things before to MM without issue , I emailed them to say it wasn't damaged but got fobbed off with a nonsense reply
aphies
10/29/19
Sold iPad for £300, they said it was liquid damaged - LIES - had it checked my a friend who works for apple, no liquid damage, iPad is fine. Sold at CEX, can't believe the bull$#*! of this company.
dif4
10/3/19
Do not sell a mobile with them .
My son sent one in in perfect condition came back damaged
I do not recommend music magpie
glendad21
9/4/19
DO NOT SELL MOBILES TO MUSIC MAGPIE
Decided to sell my phone due to getting an Upgrade. Went onto Music Magpie and entered details of phone in, and that it was good condition. Offer popped up £77.10. Accepted it and was sent a barcode to get scanned at post office. Packaged it up, two lots of bubble wrap (round the phone, put it in original box and wrapped the box in more bubble wrap, then in brown paper). Took it to post office, got barcode scanned, label was printed, sent it off. A few days later I got an email stating it wasn't in the condition I said it was in and their revised offer was now £49,68. I subsequently emailed and asked that they send me a photo of my damaged phone as I had taken a picture of it before it left my hands. They sent me three pictures of a damaged phone, with an IMEI sticker next to it. I contacted my phone provider who sent me the IMEI Number from my phone as they keep records. This matched the sticker next to the phone they were saying was mine. I emailed again and told them that I knew it definitely wasn't my phone and that they had in effect stolen my phone and replaced it with another one and were trying to con me. I told them I had filed a report at the Police Station and that this matter will now be dealt with by them on my behalf. I asked for the Phone to be returned to me as soon as possible so I could take it to the Police upon receipt. I got the phone this morning (4 Sept 2019) and felt sick as I opened the parcel, wondering what I was going to find. In the box was MY Phone - no damage, nothing. Why would they do that? I'll tell you why, because they think if they show you some damage you will accept their lower offer. Well I'm happy to say I saw through their scam and I now have my Phone and all the evidence I need to kick their sorry asses.

Under no circumstances sell your Mobile Phones to these Con Artists.

I've attached a pic of the Phone they said was mine and my actual Phone which they returned - funny that!

Tip for consumers: Be wary if selling Mobile Phones to these people, they try to say the Phone you sent was damaged when it actually isn’t, they even send you photos of a damaged item. They offer you less than the original offer, decline and get your Phone back, mine is the second photo - no damage anywhere on it but wanted to give me nearly £30 less than their original offer

sarahr323
5/24/19

That's my TrustPilot review, their response and my further response.

To sum up - they sent me a phone which completely ceased to function. I sent it back and I want a refund. Because the phone didn't die within 30 days they have fixed and returned to me (despite me contacting them to tell them not to) the original phone. I have zero confidence that a company who say they send out phones which "function perfectly" and which have apparently made it through being "quality assessed" and so I don't want their replacement, I want a phone which I have confidence in and trust to work, which is not one from this company. They have accepted the fault is their's but have still left me out of pocket and penalised. The 30 days in immaterial, in that the product sent was not fit for purpose.
Save yourself time and effort and go elsewhere. I eventually managed to get a reply to them AFTER I posted a review on TrustPilot which says that they think more about their external reputation than they do about my actual customer experience.
Or tie two tin cans together with string, because that will work better than my phone did.
sophieh36
11/6/17
Recently sent a LGK8 to music magpie and was offered £17.00. The phone was working well and I used it a few days before I sent it. A few days later, music magpie emailed to tell me that the SIM port was faulty, and reduced my offer to £1.70. I rang to in to query this, since the phone was working before, and they said my only option was to accept or decline the offer. Declined, and guess what? I have just received my phone back in full working order, as I sent it. I put my Tesco Mobile SIM back in, sent a text and made a phone call. I called customer services again and they still refused to reconsider the offer or apologise for their error. Neither staff members even deviated from their script to listen to my problem, nor were they able to suggest any solutions. Do not send your phone here. They will hook you in with a good price and then knock it down.
alynalr
9/8/16
I Sent my iPhone 6 Plus when they offered to pay me £260 .. Today I got email from them saying that the iPhone faulty and want to buy it for £40 . My iPhone in v good condition and working perfectly I sent it with the orginal box and charger .. I called costumer service and I told him that my daughter took a video when We were boxing the phone and sent it and I can sent to him, he said yes ur iPhone is working and not faulty but there's a few secrache on the secreen and on the back of the phone !

Now I am waiting to get my iPhone back and I hope that they wil send it as it is !!!

NEVER TRUST THIS PEPOLE
tracyw59
2/2/16
Companies like this should not be allowed to trade.I am appalled that people are able to be so dishonest and get away with it nowadays. I sent a phone to them as they offered us £50. They then sent an email saying the camera didn't work so they are now offering £5. Knowing the camera was fine when I sent it I asked them to double check it. They then sent an email saying the lens on the camera was scratched. Again knowing the phone was good when I sent it I declined the revised offer and requested they return the phone. I received the phone back the lens had been scratched the hell out of along clearly on purpose along with a lovely scratch on the screen which wasn't on it before as I only removed the protection cover before sending the phone to them. And not only that they returned the phone minus the charger. Please advise trading standards if you have experienced something similar. And if you are tempted to ever use them take photos of everything before sending anything to them as well as photos of your packaging etc.
davidf149
1/4/16
I ordered a game and after various attempts to contact them by phone "Sorry the mailbox is full" and emails doing the same, I messaged on Twitter and they eventually responded.

The item never arrived and whilst I got my money back, I was really annoyed as it was an excellent price.

The new Music Magpie doesn't seem to have as much stock for some strange reason.

I'm very dubious about using them in the future
billyf13
2/13/15
Incredibly slow, and no come back when they decide to "reject" items for arbitrary reasons (and won't provide evidence). The whole process for sending 75 CDs took 5 weeks from them collecting the CDs to finally having the money in my account (less the amount they deducted from the final amount for rejected items). The only other thing with rejected items is that you can't have them back either.

Maybe this is a teenager running it all from his bedroom?

Tip for consumers: Don't.

mandyh1
1/1/14
Be very careful the quote you get when scanning your stuff initially is not what they pay you for, when I queried it I was told clothes I sent had stains...they didnt and were designer labels and they wouldnt send them me back so what do they do with them.

Questions? Get answers from the musicMagpie.co.uk staff and other customers.

3 Photos for musicMagpie.co.uk