musicMagpie.co.uk

musicMagpie.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.04 stars from 53 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about musicMagpie.co.uk most frequently mention good condition, original box and customer service problems. musicMagpie.co.uk ranks 46th among Sell Cell Phone sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Sent them an Xbox and I phone they were in good condition.
  • Accepted it and was sent a barcode to get scanned at post office.
How would you rate musicMagpie.co.uk?

“Cd and blue ray rip off”

Chris G.
11/14/20

I went through the gag of listing 93 films, 52 blue ray and 41 dvd, they offered me a staggering £12 for the lot, i was gobsmacked as market value when new was close to £900, clearly I won't get anywhere near that but 12 quid is taking the jimmy riddle! Cash converters give u 50p (ish) per disc so that's where I'm off too, bun you music magpie!

phone (26) post office (3)
chrisg1073
November 14th, 2020
bramleyc
September 25th, 2020
I had two Apple iPods which I bought to store pop and classical music on. They weren't like the old iPods as music storage was limited because of camera space etc. The iPods were as new as I'd never really used them and they were housed in leather cases. I entered the details online and was offered £55 each. I sent one away and on receipt they emailed me to say they were only prepared to pay me £40 each. So I asked for a return which duly arrived but without the leather case! I would never deal with such shysters!
kiranb15
June 17th, 2020
I sent in a perfectly functioning phone and I was quoted £340 this was then reduced to £90 as the phone was supposedly faulty and there was a crack on the screen causing dead spots. As you can see that is not the case. This company is good at quoting high prices to lure you in then drastically reduce the price for no valid reason. They also seem to have fake positive reviews on trust pilot they also flag all the negative reviews so that they disappear. Find a more trustworthy company to sell your goods!
jamesp2327
September 20th, 2020
Over the last 10 years I have bought over 60 cds from this company, including its previous incarnations as e-stocks (eBay) and Zoverstocks (Amazon). I am a big music collector and so in a good position to judge their service compared with other companies. In my opinion I think they are being protected by eBay because of the volume of custom they bring. I cannot judge them as a purchaser of items.

The first thing to note is that there is no meaningful quality control: 'very good' discs are often scratched or dirty. At least a tenth are virtually unplayable. I have simply received refunds in those occasions because there is clearly no profit in returning a faulty disc. Often the sale figure is low and I suspect their business operation is just a numbers game with the acceptance of some refunds.

However, I recently bought a Handel 3-disc opera for a far more substantial amount of money. 2 of the discs were missing plus the booklet. I received a free post address to return it, which I did the same day. After two weeks no refund, and eBay has closed the case because I took too long to return it.

I am seriously considering abandoning eBay, but I have certainly bought my last disc from Music Magpie. It has been fascinating to read these reviews. From my long-time experience, their quality control was never good. But as they have become more successful the operation seems to be more of a scam
lizs219
May 10th, 2020
I sent 200 cds that I had checked for quality & made sure had clean uncracked cases with paper inlays, all intact, off 2 music magpie. After a wait of several days they rejected very, very many as damaged. In fact, some were new & had not been played. Explain that. I felt as if someone had broken into my home & stolen them. Worst thing was I was going to give a donation to my friend's dog rescue charity... fat chance. DON'T USE MUSIC MAGPIE
ewang14
October 9th, 2020
Tried to sell my mobile device to this company they offered £150 which I thought fair enough couple of light scratches on the screen apart from that device in perfect condition. Musicmagpie receive device new offer of £30 said there is detection of burn on the screen hahaha not a chance stay well clear just wanting everything for nothing! Ps only reason they got 1 star is because you can`t give them no stars
mickr35
October 22nd, 2020
Sent my wife's Samsung S9 to these jokers as I was offered £140. Surprise surprise, just like many of the other decent folk on here we were offered a reduced cost of £30 as they said the phone has LCD and pixel issues.
The phone is in mint condition - we obviously declined the offer and just hope we get the correct phone back from them. Shocking that Trustpilot rate them highly - pity I found this website too late.
christopherc910
February 12th, 2020
Living proof of the sharp practice at Music Magpie when selling your phone. Reduced offer from £75 to £7 due to phone being severely damaged etc'. Declined the offer. Received phone back today after kicking off. Arrived back as pristine as when I sent it, box intact etc. Nice try! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
stephend22
October 12th, 2020
Horrible!
Have bought various times over the years (lured back only due to price or if they are the only ones selling a book at a reasonable price) but what was once fine standard wise has gone downhill in every way...
Items nearly always arrived damaged & NOT as described & to make matters WORSE, 'customer service staff' are dismissive & will at BEST offer only a fixed 5 pound refund or push to send the item back (even if postage puts you out double or more to do).
Points/facts raised will NOT be considered or addressed.
Horrendous all in all & can't say i'll ever use them again.

Tip for consumers: buy elsewhere!!

terenceo19
November 18th, 2020
I bought a last week for my daughters 11th birthday and is supposed to be locked to EE, unfortunately when she tried to put her SIM card in it was rejected as the phone is locked to another network. I just want a replacement sent to my daughters house and you can pick up the other phone at the same time. It's been days now and your phone line doesn't work and reply's on emails seem to be incredibly slow. Maybe some kind of discount or compensation is in order too. The main thing is my daughter gets her birthday present I paid for In good faith! Complaint-Reference-MC2607449 R
cm779
October 3rd, 2020
First time using musicMagpie. I purchased an 'unlocked' iPhone for my secretary which I needed up and running as soon as possible. The item that arrived was locked to the EE network; I had already purchased a SIM only deal withThree. I didn't read reviews of musicMagpie before ordering from them, which is unusual for me, but boy do I wish I had. They are clearly charlatans. I'd just avoid them altogether and shop on eBay, which I've done many times before for similar items and never had nay problems.
eleanorw70
November 20th, 2020
I sold my iPad Pro in perfect condition for £300. They emailed me saying it is not genuine so they will be recycling it and not paying me... I literally bought it from the Apple store. They are refusing to send it back to me, what an absolute joke. How is this allowed, they have just robbed me of £300. If I'd have known I would of sold it on eBay, disgusting
jub3
November 12th, 2020
Sent items worth £16 only to receive £11 with no reasons sent to me as to why the amount had been changed! When trying to contact them on their web page it constantly jumped to another page before i could begin to put my details and questions in! Will definitely not use again
cf485
June 18th, 2020
I used them to sell my entire CD collection. The prices quoted are ridiculously unfair but I accept they are a business and it was my decision to sell. The convenience of a courier pick up was what swayed me.

They had 426 CDs from me and were collected by Hermes on the agreed day (note they give you a 12 hour window for pick up so you will need to spend the day waiting)

After 7 days - that's how long Hermes take to get them to Music Magpie. It is not as quick as they pretend on the ads - I was contacted saying 7 of the CDs were missing. 7. Out of 426. It came to less than a fiver. I couldn't be bothered to argue and accepted payment minus 7 though on the feedback I did say there was no way 7 were missing as it was my entire collection. To their credit they gave the additional few pennies after receiving this.

The second time I had a few DVDS, games, books, etc that I would normally give to charity but since we are in lockdown I thought I would use Music Magpie again just to de-clutter.

Hermes were fine (except the aforementioned 12 hour window) and a week later Music Magpie emailed and said my payment would go through the next day as they received my parcel before 2pm. EIGHT days later and after me chasing it daily they have finally coughed up. No explanation as to why it was late, no apology. Just standard email responses of they were looking into it.

It's just not good enough that twice now something that is advertised as next day payment and so simple really isn't.
tommyj54
May 12th, 2020
Very poor service. Would recommend not using. Damaged an item I sold to them and would send it back, said it's there policy to recycle it, seems like a rip off to keep items and not pay.
Would recommend selling to the likes of CEX or selling your items yourself through eBay.

Tip for consumers: Don't sell with music magpie

andrewt82
August 9th, 2020
In May I decided to send in my Oculus Go, their site said £50 so I was happy. They received it and said there was cosmetic damage and revised their offer to 50p! I rejected it and asked for its return, they returned it with stickers on the lenses. Removing the stickers left residue on the lenses. I complained but received no compensation despite providing pictures. I will avoid them like the plague now.
seanc385
July 1st, 2020
Sent two phones in near perfect condition. Both valued at £40. Received a revised offer of £4 for both saying they had LCD damage. The LCD's are perfect on both. I've declined the revised offer and I'm hoping they they are returned to me packaged with the same care as when I sent them. Made the mistake of reading review sites such as trustpilot where negative reviews have been removed. Having read similar reviews on here I'm going to try taking them to CEX. It's disgusting that a company this high profile can attempt these transparent tactics. I'm just grateful that I'm not selling out of desperation for quick cash. Will never waste my time with them again.
cathyk140
May 8th, 2020
My son sent xbox and games in a bundle all in good order. Were informed xbox was smashed on arrival. As we had packed and cushioned it with games surrounding this was obviously a lie. After a lot of calls we finally had a different colour smashed unit returned which they said was ours.
THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES WHO SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRADE. WHI STEALS FROM A KID?
lydiaj44
June 29th, 2020
I sent my iPhone 8plus and was quoted £230. About 2 weeks later had an email saying that my parcel had arrived but that it failed testing. When I enquired how it failed testing as it was working perfectly i was told that i had not sent a phone but a pair of AirPods, as i lost the phone and received no money from music magpie I asked for the AirPods I apparantly sent to them to which they refused saying they weren't mine. They have made me so angry!
mikep1010
October 27th, 2020
Had a pristine iPhone6 gathering dust. Decided to trade it in. Today I got a revised offer of just £12!
"Casing - heavy damage. Our team found serious damage to the casing of your device." This is rubbish! Have asked for phone to be returned.
paulw950
June 2nd, 2020
Sent my Huawei p20 pro which they offered £90. Said my phone was faulty absolutely nothing wrong with it. Offered me £9. Wouldnt waste your time cowboys. Have requested my phone to be returned.
andyp209
April 27th, 2020
I have used multiple companies that buy dvds and music magpie has to be the worst.

They declined two dvds as they indicated they were damaged (I have previously verified them on my pc), one conveniently was the most valuable one and the other was probably the next most valuable.

Nice Try Music Magpie, never ones to let a pandemic stop you from fleecing people.

If you are thinking of selling your dvds, avoid. WeBuyBooks and Ziffit are much better options.

I have only left one star because you can't leave a 0,
tims189
March 11th, 2020
Tried Magpie for first time all good then second package gone missing have tracking and receipt but magpie denying receipt
Courier who collected said he hadn't been paid for over 80 parcels and wasn't happy about taking mine but did and wouldn't guarantee my parcel reaching destination
Won't use again
rachela260
June 30th, 2020
The worst service i have had sent an iphone in perfcet order they said that it had a cracked screen it never and all they said was decline tye offer and we will send the phone back to you. What a broken one? Yes. Joke absolute joke it was my 10 year olds phone racheal L and Mark C were so rude and unhelpful im taking legal advice
dominick20
March 10th, 2020
Sent them an Xbox and I phone they were in good condition. Combined should of got 180 they said both items were damaged and came back with 90 quid. After they held my phone for 3 weeks I just accepted the offer. Just a bunch of absolute con jobs.

Definitely a scam. That takes advantage of people, with there small print. Stating they do a quality check and if they don't accept it they recycle your items and refuse to send them back.

By Tommy j.