musicMagpie.co.uk

musicMagpie.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.08 stars from 79 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about musicMagpie.co.uk most frequently mention customer service, good condition and original box problems. musicMagpie.co.uk ranks 50th among Sell Cell Phone sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 1.7%

No positive highlights yet

• Sent them an Xbox and I phone they were in good condition.
  • Accepted it and was sent a barcode to get scanned at post office.
How would you rate musicMagpie.co.uk?

“Sold them a phone”

Bryan P.
3/9/21

Will never use this company again sent my phone to them they received it and took 9 days and 3 emails to pay me.

“Offer reduced from £60 to £18”

Sophie K.
4/25/21

Sent a phone in that was in complete working order without a scratch on it, one I had been using myself up until a brought a new one. Once Music magpie received the phone they dropped the offer price down from £60 to £18. I've declined the ‘offer' as I'd rather give the phone to a charity but am genuinely concerned if I'll even receive the same phone back. Feels like a scam.

phone (26) post office (3)
sophiek59
April 25th, 2021

Feels like a scam.

chrisg1073
November 14th, 2020

I went through the gag of listing 93 films, 52 blue ray and 41 dvd, they offered me a staggering £12 for the lot, i was gobsmacked as market value when new was close to £900, clearly I won't get anywhere near that but 12 quid is taking the jimmy riddle! Cash converters give u 50p (ish) per disc so that's where I'm off too, bun you music magpie!

bramleyc
September 25th, 2020

I had two Apple iPods which I bought to store pop and classical music on. They weren't like the old iPods as music storage was limited because of camera space etc. The iPods were as new as I'd never really used them and they were housed in leather cases. I entered the details online and was offered £55 each. I sent one away and on receipt they emailed me to say they were only prepared to pay me £40 each. So I asked for a return which duly arrived but without the leather case! I would never deal with such shysters!

kiranb15
June 17th, 2020

I sent in a perfectly functioning phone and I was quoted £340 this was then reduced to £90 as the phone was supposedly faulty and there was a crack on the screen causing dead spots. As you can see that is not the case. This company is good at quoting high prices to lure you in then drastically reduce the price for no valid reason. They also seem to have fake positive reviews on trust pilot they also flag all the negative reviews so that they disappear. Find a more trustworthy company to sell your goods!

lizs219
May 10th, 2020

I sent 200 cds that I had checked for quality & made sure had clean uncracked cases with paper inlays, all intact, off 2 music magpie. After a wait of several days they rejected very, very many as damaged. In fact, some were new & had not been played. Explain that. I felt as if someone had broken into my home & stolen them. Worst thing was I was going to give a donation to my friend's dog rescue charity... fat chance. DON'T USE MUSIC MAGPIE

jamest1615
February 18th, 2021

I went to sell my iPad on music magpie and they offered £302.50 for it in good condition. I sent my iPad to them and it was in excellent condition, and they said that the torch light didn't work and there was water marks on it. They then changed the price to £55 which is an absolute joke so I got the iPad back and refused it. I got it back gone and checked it straight away, there was no watermarks and the torch worked fine. Shows that they are total liars!

Tip for consumers:
Don’t use this site, they are liars

iPad

ewang14
October 9th, 2020

Tried to sell my mobile device to this company they offered £150 which I thought fair enough couple of light scratches on the screen apart from that device in perfect condition. Musicmagpie receive device new offer of £30 said there is detection of burn on the screen hahaha not a chance stay well clear just wanting everything for nothing! Ps only reason they got 1 star is because you can`t give them no stars

christopherc910
February 12th, 2020

Living proof of the sharp practice at Music Magpie when selling your phone. Reduced offer from £75 to £7 due to phone being severely damaged etc'. Declined the offer. Received phone back today after kicking off. Arrived back as pristine as when I sent it, box intact etc. Nice try! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

mickr35
October 22nd, 2020

Sent my wife's Samsung S9 to these jokers as I was offered £140. Surprise surprise, just like many of the other decent folk on here we were offered a reduced cost of £30 as they said the phone has LCD and pixel issues.
The phone is in mint condition - we obviously declined the offer and just hope we get the correct phone back from them. Shocking that Trustpilot rate them highly - pity I found this website too late.

donnaw1132
March 6th, 2021

Send my iPhone 7 to them and they quoted £85 but then got a email saying the screen is cracked and offered me £25.50,, there was nothing wrong with the phone as I took pictures of the phone before I sent it,, I asked music magpie to send me pictures of the supposed crack they did and it doesn't match nothing on the pictures they sent me. So will be finding out wat I can do about them,, I should of never of sent it to them as wat they done b4 I though it was just me,, I'm a idiot in trusting them

Avoid

stephend22
October 12th, 2020

Horrible!
Have bought various times over the years (lured back only due to price or if they are the only ones selling a book at a reasonable price) but what was once fine standard wise has gone downhill in every way...
Items nearly always arrived damaged & NOT as described & to make matters WORSE, 'customer service staff' are dismissive & will at BEST offer only a fixed 5 pound refund or push to send the item back (even if postage puts you out double or more to do).
Points/facts raised will NOT be considered or addressed.
Horrendous all in all & can't say i'll ever use them again.

buy elsewhere!!

books

terenceo19
November 18th, 2020

I bought a last week for my daughters 11th birthday and is supposed to be locked to EE, unfortunately when she tried to put her SIM card in it was rejected as the phone is locked to another network. I just want a replacement sent to my daughters house and you can pick up the other phone at the same time. It's been days now and your phone line doesn't work and reply's on emails seem to be incredibly slow. Maybe some kind of discount or compensation is in order too. The main thing is my daughter gets her birthday present I paid for In good faith! Complaint-Reference-MC2607449 R

paulv493
January 30th, 2021

Promised payment, now there's ‘a delay'. Item received by them 05/01/20 according to Royal Mail tracking. Music Magpie then ‘lost it'. Payment promised one week ago and since then there have been various excuses and no payment made. Last promised payment date was Thursday 28/01/20, no payment received and when chased was advised yesterday (29/01) there was ‘a delay'.

This is not how a reputable company behaves. Think carefully before you use them. I certainly will never use them again and won't recommend them to anyone.

Customer Service is almost non-existent, you will vibe constantly chasing them for information, so save yourself the grief.

I have to keep fighting to get what I owed, you don't have to by avoiding MusicMagpie at all costs.

cm779
October 3rd, 2020

First time using musicMagpie. I purchased an 'unlocked' iPhone for my secretary which I needed up and running as soon as possible. The item that arrived was locked to the EE network; I had already purchased a SIM only deal withThree. I didn't read reviews of musicMagpie before ordering from them, which is unusual for me, but boy do I wish I had. They are clearly charlatans. I'd just avoid them altogether and shop on eBay, which I've done many times before for similar items and never had nay problems.

thomass1746
January 25th, 2021

Awful.

I first used music magpie roughly six months ago and was initially delighted.

However; the phone I purchased from them and then only used for a few weeks as I was between jobs so gave in my old company phone then got another when trading back it they reported was damaged and dramatically reduced the quote for, when eventually hearing from them - very difficult as my emails where all ignored save for automated ones and they won't speak on the phone. I eventually got my phone back after nealry a month of chasing and sold the next day to a high street shop who rated it A1 on their condition scale - it was a nightmare getting hold of anyone at Music Magpie. Perhaps the opinion on the condition of the phone more than one person could form an opinion on, however they reduced the value to £39 so discounting by over £100 from their original quote - there's no reason for being so hard to reach.

Secondly and more critically I purchased a laptop from them, have only used at my desk and after roughly six months it's stopped functioning totally. It's never had a impact or water spill after roughly a one month wait they return it, no report as to why they're refusing the refund. After again a huge amount of chasing they send an email saying it's been exposed to moisture or dampness, I have a brand new apartment with constant air filtration and conditioning and the laptop never left my desk. If water/moisture damage occurred in the many palaces internally allegedly they say (and sent photos of) it has it must be from before they sold it to me. Again it's impossible to reach or speak to someone, I'm now intending on pursuing this through the small claims courts. Without prejudice. When asking for details of any Ombudsman schemes or to escalate a issue on their online ‘chats' the only way music magpie communicates they simply ignore and never respond.

Music Magpie may argue about the condition of items, I think in my case they're on thin ice but they have terrible customer support and their warranties seem to not be worth the data cost of an email. The savings I made by using Music Magpie are hugely out weighed by the time and stress they've caused me.

michaelf2553
April 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

This is my second attempt at purchasing a phone through music magpie, i thought not a chance it could be terrible twice, the first time must have been a freak accident. How wrong i was. I ordered this phone on the 9th April, and due to the awful non delivery last time, i decided to pay for express next day delivery. Today being the 17th April, and still no phone. I contacted music magpie and demanded a full refund to take my business elsewhere, and they said they had issues sending it out but would refund my delivery, and get it to me within 3 days. Well 3 days is here and still no phone, and no refund at all. Despite several emails requesting a refund (all ignored with not even a courtesy reply).
Customer service does not exist. How can a company ignore several customer emails? If i could give less than 1 star, i would. My daughter is back to school on Monday and now has no phone, after not receiving this one, and them refusing to refund my money to purchase one elsewhere.
Magpie by name, magpie by nature!

Dont bother. Shop elsewhere

None....i never received any

johns7730
December 14th, 2020

I submitted to identical moves which had an offer of £40 each. Both in perfect working order. 1 x £40 was paid straight into my bank account, 1 x offer of £4 for the other device stating it was faulty. Absolutely disgusted as both mobiles were bubble wrapped in original boxes. Still awaiting the return of second device. Beware of their little scam

paulj1028
April 17th, 2021

Bought an xbox console from this company on ebay. On the day delivery was due messaged them to ask if the item had been sent and a few hours later they replied to tell me the order had been cancelled. Several messages and different stories later it became clear how they operate. List an item, sell it to as many people as possible, collect all the payments and keep the money in their bank for as long as they can. They don't issue refunds, you have to open a case with paypal and they don't respond to that either just wait until it runs it's course and paypal issue the refund.
I believe this is fraud and I am looking into legal action against these scammers.

Avoid these scammers

eleanorw70
November 20th, 2020

I sold my iPad Pro in perfect condition for £300. They emailed me saying it is not genuine so they will be recycling it and not paying me... I literally bought it from the Apple store. They are refusing to send it back to me, what an absolute joke. How is this allowed, they have just robbed me of £300. If I'd have known I would of sold it on eBay, disgusting

jub3
November 12th, 2020

Sent items worth £16 only to receive £11 with no reasons sent to me as to why the amount had been changed! When trying to contact them on their web page it constantly jumped to another page before i could begin to put my details and questions in! Will definitely not use again

tommyj54
May 12th, 2020

Very poor service. Would recommend not using. Damaged an item I sold to them and would send it back, said it's there policy to recycle it, seems like a rip off to keep items and not pay.
Would recommend selling to the likes of CEX or selling your items yourself through eBay.

Tip for consumers:
Don't sell with music magpie

Sold to music magpie

natashah135
February 23rd, 2021

Sent them games, dvds and books. Checked the quality and working of all the games and dvd's before sending it. Most of the games got rejected as not working and a brand new box set was rejected as cosmeticly damaged. Tried to get more information out of them but they will not give any and won't send anything back as they now 'recycle' it. Please avoid at all cost

andrewt82
August 9th, 2020

In May I decided to send in my Oculus Go, their site said £50 so I was happy. They received it and said there was cosmetic damage and revised their offer to 50p! I rejected it and asked for its return, they returned it with stickers on the lenses. Removing the stickers left residue on the lenses. I complained but received no compensation despite providing pictures. I will avoid them like the plague now.

seanc385
July 1st, 2020

Sent two phones in near perfect condition. Both valued at £40. Received a revised offer of £4 for both saying they had LCD damage. The LCD's are perfect on both. I've declined the revised offer and I'm hoping they they are returned to me packaged with the same care as when I sent them. Made the mistake of reading review sites such as trustpilot where negative reviews have been removed. Having read similar reviews on here I'm going to try taking them to CEX. It's disgusting that a company this high profile can attempt these transparent tactics. I'm just grateful that I'm not selling out of desperation for quick cash. Will never waste my time with them again.

cathyk140
May 8th, 2020

My son sent xbox and games in a bundle all in good order. Were informed xbox was smashed on arrival. As we had packed and cushioned it with games surrounding this was obviously a lie. After a lot of calls we finally had a different colour smashed unit returned which they said was ours.
THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES WHO SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRADE. WHI STEALS FROM A KID?

They quote you a price then say it does not pass the quality checks. They will also not send the items back as they get 'recycled'

By Natasha H.