Mohka

Mohka has a consumer rating of 2.96 stars from 59 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Mohka most frequently mention canvas art and customer service problems. Mohka ranks 75th among Home Decor sites.

• Waited 2 weeks for the delivery but cannot complain as it came in the time they said it would.
  • I emailed mohka suggesting they could improve their customer services as they didn't do them justice.

• Do not be fooled by web site, use an alternative canvas company.
  • Also operating the same company under www.mohka.co.uk, explosive arts eBay, canvas art eBay.
How would you rate Mohka?

“Without using your fantastic products, you have tonnes of nice products that touched my heart, I can”

lice o.
12/20/20

Without using your fantastic products, you have tonnes of nice products that touched my heart, I can not stay. I suggest you to improve the quality of your website graphics, please.

“I reckon the Mohka mottos must be: "the customer is...”

Alun B.
1/2/14

I reckon the Mohka mottos must be: "the customer is always wrong" and "we've got the money and we're keeping it". My experience comes from placing 5 orders over a year or so and being relatively happy with 4 of them. There will NEVER be another order from me, nor, I strongly suggest, from you. Because if things aren't to your satisfaction, and as other reviewers have said, I reckon you stand no chance of getting a fair deal unless you're prepared to take them to court - yes, even if the product is of poor quality or doesn't match the picture/description on the website (things the law is supposed to help guarantee). And despite the company not making it clear that it's you who's responsible for return postage (something that's also required by law - check out loads of entries on eBay for example, where this is made quite clear), that's exactly what this company will insist on. So if you've ordered a large canvas, that's up to £50 you'll be out-of-pocket if you need to return it because it's not of satisfactory quality and/or doesn't match the description. Bottom line: if you're thinking of buying from Mohka, good luck but prepare to be disappointed, frustrated and angry... oh, and add £20-£50 to the price just in case the canvas isn't what you expected. Buying from Mohka is, in my opinion, very much "at your own risk". (PS In the interests of space, Ive left out the chapters in my story which involve Trading Standards and my credit card company, both of which were quite helpful, but could only go so far, leaving me to choose either court action or donating the canvas to charity I chose the latter).

web site (5) canvas art (4) 2 weeks (3) customer services (3)
colinw16
February 12th, 2015

Please ignore negative reviews about this company. I ordered a large canvas print on saturday and it arrived on the following thursday, well packaged and in perfect condition. The print itself is of high quality and very well made. I could not be happier with the quality and service.

alunb
January 2nd, 2014

ydiaa
December 30th, 2020

Without using your beautiful goods, you have plenty of good products that touched my spirit. I cannot remain here. I recommend that you boost the accuracy of your website graphics, please.

evonnep
November 28th, 2011

Ordered a large canvas from them which looked stunning on their site. The print quality is awful. It's as if they have run out of ink and are just passing this one off to make money. Initially they were apologetic but after us sending them photos they simply said that there was no error and we can have a refund for the print but we have to pay for all carriage. Just under £20 to be delivered and god knows what for us to arrange it's return. DO NOT USE THIS SITE

tammyw2
January 29th, 2010

Despite reading some of the comments on this website, i had fallen in love with a print on their site and so decided to give them a go as there were some positive comments and the bad reviews seemed to be in the christmas rush. I ordered my print which arrived in the time it should but the delivery box was open when it arrived. On opening bubble wrap, canvas was very loose on a rough sawn timber frame, with creases in the middle of canvas and around the inside of the frame. Also a line across middle which was obviously a fault in the canvas. Couldn't get an answer on the phone but i did get an email. Basically had to return it at my own cost and then they will refund if they feel there is a fault. Gorgeous print but i was rather disappointed with the quality.

lees5
December 16th, 2009

Great site... looked professional and reputable. Good prices and massive choice. Order process was easy and smooth. However! If (like me) you need to know that your order is going to actually happen this site and company will keep you guessing until the box arrives... and it does... in time and in good order. Would I buy again... no reason why not... but not sure I could cope with the way they do business... Shame because they did exactly what they said they would, but no answer from the phones and very very limited email correspondents put the fear of god into me. No need to put people off, but not for me. Not again..

liceo
December 20th, 2020

melh2
April 1st, 2010

Hello would like to commend this website I ordered from them and then read some rather shocking reviews. But I can confirm that they were excellent. Great commmunications customer and delivery I ordered my canvas print on sunday 28th March 2010 then received and confirmation email then a dispatched email wednesday 31st march and it arrived this morning well packed. So this site is brilliant fab artwork at brilliant prices

markb34
July 26th, 2011

Company has the worst customer service ever, will never order from them again. Company is based in colchester not Blackpool. Also operating the same company under www.mohka.co.uk, explosive arts eBay, canvas art eBay. Canvas art print, and infusion art. I ordered an oasis print, you can see backwards writing behind were they have simply photo copied out of a magazine. Told by girl on phone most pics are borrowed from other places and laughed totaly shocked.

phile
December 18th, 2009

Good company, i order my canvases 1.5 weeks ago and recieved them yesterday. They emailed me notifying me of there being a delay, which can only be expected at this time of year.

I then read this site and began to worry a little so i emailed their customer services and they got back to me assuring me delivery before christmas.

Canvases are great quality and i would use this company again. No damages, the products were well packaged.

terryb1
January 18th, 2010

Excellent. Item is of fantastic quality and having scoured the internet in detail before purchasing Mohka proved to be the cheapest comparitive site by some distance. Emailed mohka the day after purchase and recieved an email with accurate delivery estimate within a couple of hours. Canvas took 10 days to arrive and looking around its delivery that seems to be the biggest gripe on this thread, however if you are prepared to wait then ultimately you should be more than happy based on my experience. Patience people..

emmab
December 17th, 2009

Wish I'd seen these reviews before placing my order! I placed an order for three canvases and didn't hear anything more for weeks. Left a message on their phone line, sent an email - no answer received! As I was then worried I had lost my £170, I placed a dispute with Paypal. Finally got a reply via Paypal that they were "very busy" and my order would be sent out before Christmas. That said, my order duly arrived in good condition and I am very pleased with the canvases.

It is such a shame that with a web site as impressive as theirs, the have no customer care what-so-ever. The end product is very good and I may use them again, but only purchasing one item at a time and expecting not to hear anything until the order arrives!

kevinq1
December 7th, 2011

Ordered my canvas art before i look at the review website/ was a bit worried but had no need to be. Ordered my prints on the 30th nov, and they arrived by the 6th dec, had no problem contacting them, art work is fantastic great quality very very pleased with my purchase would def use again well done mohka

nancyw
August 13th, 2010

I had placed my order with Mohka prior to coming across the reviews on this site and began to worry. I really didn't need to.

I ordered my canvas on the 8th August 2010 and received it today 13th August 2010. I received 3 emails from Mohka during this period telling me the status of my order, etc. The canvas was in perfect condition and looks fantastic.

It is the first time I have used this company and will definitely use it again.

hp1
January 27th, 2010

After reading the terrible reviews about this website I was very worried that my order wuold not arrive! I can only assume that Mohka were having problems with demand over Christmas as I have received an excellent service from them. I placed an order 2 days ago and it has arrived today in excellent condition. They could perhaps improve ther service by sending you a confirmation email when your item has been despatched but other than they they offer a brillaint service at excellent prices!

joant
January 29th, 2010

I did have to phone to see where my order was but never found it hard to get through to them and always most helpful. My print arrived after the call the next day and was well packaged and wrapped and in perfect condition. My only slight disapointment was the colour was not as vivid as show on the site but still very pleased with it.

jackt13
November 21st, 2012

Shockingly poor print quality. JPEG compression artefacts, pixelation and poor colour balance were visible from 3 metres away!

simonl2
March 31st, 2010

After ordering I found this site and paniced, however, suffice to say, my canvasses arrived in pristine condition 10 working days after ordering in line with what I had been advised. Whilst I appreciate peoples comments, I have no issues with this company and was more than happy with the service.

larad
December 16th, 2009

Update! I totally agree with everyone that Mohka's customer service is dire, to the point of non existent. I understand that this company might be busy prior to Christmas, but to be honest there needs to be someone there responding to customer's queries. It is just not on ignoring phone calls and emails and not acknowledging orders.
You would think that during a recession, companies would go out of their way to retain customer's business.
Anyway, I ordered my husband's Xmas present the first week of December and heard absolutely nothing from Mohka. Not even an email ackowledging my order. I contacted them. Nothing. Then I received an email saying that they were busy but would endeavour to get my order out by Christmas. I didn't hear anything when I emailed back asking if I would definitely get the picture by Christmas.
I lodged an appeal with Paypal, and just got an email from Mohka saying my picture was sent out yesterday and I should get it by today via DHL.

Happily, I DID receive the picture today and am happy with it. I have to say that I got so worried by the reviews on here that it seemed to be a foregone conclusion that I would never receive the goods and be out of pocket. I am pleased to say that that wasn't the case.

I think this is a small business which has got overwhelmed, and has no time to contact customers regarding their orders. A little reassurance from Mohka would go a long way, as product wise it is a good company.

barryh1
November 18th, 2009

Delivery of canvas took just over a week which was quite good. Now it is up on our wall the canvas is stunning. Everyone that visits us loves it. Nothing but praise for this web site

johnb20
January 17th, 2010

I ordered my xlarge canvas print on the 4th Jan, a few days later i saw this site with pretty bad reviews about Mohka etc and thought oh dear looks like we might have a problem in the near future.
To my delight my canvas 56' x 30' arrived on the 12 Jan, excellent quality and compared to many other websites i spent hours looking at also pretty cheap for the size.
I would definately buy from them again, they seem a small company that has obviously had problems when an extreemly busy period has overwhelmed them.

georginab
December 23rd, 2009

Like other reviewers, I placed an order, heard nothing, the expected delivery date went past, no calls answered or messages returned and I was getting very anxious and thinking about reporting to Paypal. But then the goods turned up! Well packaged and very good value for money. I emailed mohka suggesting they could improve their customer services as they didn't do them justice. They replied, advising that they had not expected quite so much this year and that they have been working 16 hrs a day to keep up with demand. They acknowledged that customer services was not as good as it should have been but they've spent a lot of money on advancing the website to improve it and this will be up and running in the New Year. I'd definitely give them another chance!

louiser
December 22nd, 2009

I ordered a canvas from this site in December under a two day delivery a week and a half has gone by and I still havn't received my Canvas - I have called the two numbers on the website and emailed them twice asking for a call - so far no reply - this is a gift for Christmas - I will be very disappointed if I don't receive it in time. A call would be nice with an update - I have just read these reveiws and wished I had noticed this before hand!

Received Canvas on December 23rd and I am really pleased with it... could of done without the worry though... if I order from them again think I will give at least four weeks notice to be on the safe side - hope you all get yours in time

michaelh3
January 10th, 2010

Has anybody anywhere had any phone calls returned by these people? I need to contact them but there really is a time when you should just give up! They said they sent me my order. I have not received it. Very very frustrating. Will put it down to experience. A very elaborate scam! Well done mohka, you must be making a fortune off unsuspecting people!

rhysl
January 4th, 2011

Not got a good impression from them from their poor email response (even though I was looked to spend around £500 with them... and having found this site and the reviews I now know why...

Questions? Get answers from the Mohka staff and other customers.

Affordable wall art by mohka.co.uk. Check large online selection of funky wall art. Canvas pictures from? 19.99

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohka?

Have a question about Mohka?