Review of Mohka

Tel: 0844 5763462
customercare@mohka.co.uk

colinw16
2/12/15

Please ignore negative reviews about this company. I ordered a large canvas print on saturday and it arrived on the following thursday, well packaged and in perfect condition. The print itself is of high quality and very well made. I could not be happier with the quality and service.

alunb
1/2/14

I reckon the Mohka mottos must be: "the customer is always wrong" and "we've got the money and we're keeping it". My experience comes from placing 5 orders over a year or so and being relatively happy with 4 of them. There will NEVER be another order from me, nor, I strongly suggest, from you. Because if things aren't to your satisfaction, and as other reviewers have said, I reckon you stand no chance of getting a fair deal unless you're prepared to take them to court - yes, even if the product is of poor quality or doesn't match the picture/description on the website (things the law is supposed to help guarantee). And despite the company not making it clear that it's you who's responsible for return postage (something that's also required by law - check out loads of entries on eBay for example, where this is made quite clear), that's exactly what this company will insist on. So if you've ordered a large canvas, that's up to £50 you'll be out-of-pocket if you need to return it because it's not of satisfactory quality and/or doesn't match the description. Bottom line: if you're thinking of buying from Mohka, good luck but prepare to be disappointed, frustrated and angry ....oh, and add £20-£50 to the price just in case the canvas isn't what you expected. Buying from Mohka is, in my opinion, very much "at your own risk". (PS In the interests of space, Ive left out the chapters in my story which involve Trading Standards and my credit card company, both of which were quite helpful, but could only go so far, leaving me to choose either court action or donating the canvas to charity I chose the latter).

jackt13
11/21/12

Shockingly poor print quality. JPEG compression artefacts, pixelation and poor colour balance were visible from 3 metres away!

kevinq1
12/7/11

ordered my canvas art before i look at the review website/ was a bit worried but had no need to be. ordered my prints on the 30th nov, and they arrived by the 6th dec, had no problem contacting them, art work is fantastic great quality very very pleased with my purchase would def use again well done mohka

evonnep
11/28/11

Ordered a large canvas from them which looked stunning on their site. The print quality is awful. It's as if they have run out of ink and are just passing this one off to make money. Initially they were apologetic but after us sending them photos they simply said that there was no error and we can have a refund for the print but we have to pay for all carriage. Just under £20 to be delivered and god knows what for us to arrange it's return. DO NOT USE THIS SITE

markb34
7/26/11

Company has the worst customer service ever ,will never order from them again .Company is based in colchester not Blackpool .Also operating the same company under www.mohka.co.uk, explosive arts eBay ,canvas art eBay .canvas art print ,and infusion art .I ordered an oasis print ,you can see backwards writing behind were they have simply photo copied out of a magazine .Told by girl on phone most pics are borrowed from other places and laughed totaly shocked .

rhysl
1/4/11

Not got a good impression from them from their poor email response (even though I was looked to spend around £500 with them... and having found this site and the reviews I now know why...

simonl5
12/17/10

web site is good but is a complete scam. They have taken my money and are impossible to contact.

lillyp
9/29/10

placed my order 27.09.10 and it arrived today 29.09.10, well packaged and supre stunning....maybe they just had some teething problems but i've found no fault with them at all

eddiew
9/28/10

I read some other reviews with shock. I ordered a banksy print and it arrived 3 days later. However it was one size smaller than what I ordered. However when I rang them they answered and I agreed with them a discount for a 2nd canvas I wanted. I got a Banksy canvas measuring 48''x30'' for £40!! The quality is absolutely superb as is the condition. I had good fun chatting an emailing with them and they offered me more deals if I order again plus discounts for friends. Lets face it, you can get a really good quality print of a wide range of ideas for very little money. The prices are amazing, the website very user friendly and I write this on the 28.9.10 so I can only assume they have stepped up their game since some of the other comments. Also perhaps rivals put on negative comments to tras the opposition. I want to go and shout about this company from the roof tops, despite their initial mistake. Because they handled it very well and I am about too order my 3rd. One very happy customer indeed.

nickr6
9/4/10

Excellent service. Needed to make a phone call about my order and it was dealt with first time and sorted immediately. Both canvases arrived on the date that was given and both loook fantastic.

WOULD DEFINITELY USE THIS SITE AGAIN

nancyw
8/13/10

I had placed my order with Mohka prior to coming across the reviews on this site and began to worry. I really didn't need to.

I ordered my canvas on the 8th August 2010 and received it today 13th August 2010. I received 3 emails from Mohka during this period telling me the status of my order, etc. The canvas was in perfect condition and looks fantastic.

It is the first time I have used this company and will definitely use it again.

clairew6
8/6/10

Ordered art and then saw reveiws. Got very worried. Ordered 30/07/10, called and was assured handmade to order and should take 5 working days and was recieved in perfect condition 05/08/10. If i had saw the reviews i would have been put off and that would have been a real shame, as they look so so great.

georgea1
8/4/10

There are some plus points to this website. it was easy to order and they did actually answer the phone calls and my emails.

But the quality of the canvas are rubbish. they are flimsey and the wood they are on looks as though it is about to break. when the canvases did arrive. they looked liked a child had painted the picture on it. the images were not sharpe and the photograph looked out of focus.

i rang up to complain and was told that i would have to foot the bill to return it. it cost me nearly £40 to return it. i did return it but only to get some money back at least.

In short do not buy from MOHKA their canvases are of poor quality and the returns policy costs you nearly as much as buying the things in the process.

melh2
4/1/10

Hello would like to commend this website I ordered from them and then read some rather shocking reviews. But I can confirm that they were excellent. great commmunications customer and delivery I ordered my canvas print on sunday 28th March 2010 then received and confirmation email then a dispatched email wednesday 31st march and it arrived this morning well packed. So this site is brilliant fab artwork at brilliant prices

simonl2
3/31/10

After ordering I found this site and paniced, however, suffice to say, my canvasses arrived in pristine condition 10 working days after ordering in line with what I had been advised. Whilst I appreciate peoples comments, I have no issues with this company and was more than happy with the service.

jonh2
3/12/10

I can only assume the other reviews are by competitors of the site. I order2 prints on seperate occasions and they even refunded me a postage charge. I recievd them both within 3 days and are excellent quality. WILL DEFO BE ORDERING AGAIN!

tammyw2
1/29/10

despite reading some of the comments on this website, i had fallen in love with a print on their site and so decided to give them a go as there were some positive comments and the bad reviews seemed to be in the christmas rush. i ordered my print which arrived in the time it should but the delivery box was open when it arrived. on opening bubble wrap, canvas was very loose on a rough sawn timber frame, with creases in the middle of canvas and around the inside of the frame. also a line across middle which was obviously a fault in the canvas. couldn't get an answer on the phone but i did get an email. basically had to return it at my own cost and then they will refund if they feel there is a fault. gorgeous print but i was rather disappointed with the quality.

joant
1/29/10

I did have to phone to see where my order was but never found it hard to get through to them and always most helpful. My print arrived after the call the next day and was well packaged and wrapped and in perfect condition. My only slight disapointment was the colour was not as vivid as show on the site but still very pleased with it.

hp1
1/27/10

After reading the terrible reviews about this website I was very worried that my order wuold not arrive! I can only assume that Mohka were having problems with demand over Christmas as I have received an excellent service from them. I placed an order 2 days ago and it has arrived today in excellent condition. They could perhaps improve ther service by sending you a confirmation email when your item has been despatched but other than they they offer a brillaint service at excellent prices!

fenellas
1/21/10

completely rubish, never NEVER USE THIS SITE. i ordered a picture a few days before christmas. it told me it would be 24 hour delivery and i paid for it. then told me it wouldnt arrive before xmas, then no information. they do not answer their telephones or emails and it is impossible to contact them. i have heard from people who paid money and never got their goods. i everntually found an email from their sister site, simply canvas. they were a little helpful at most. eventually after countless emails, they sent me an email with a dhl code, that was the wrong code for someone else.

i finally recieved the correct code and i am hoping it will finally arrive today, over a month after ordering it on 24 hour delivery. they will not refund or accept any complaint. WORST WEBSITE I HAVE EVER USED, COMPLETELY FURIOUS.

terryb1
1/18/10

Excellent. Item is of fantastic quality and having scoured the internet in detail before purchasing Mohka proved to be the cheapest comparitive site by some distance. emailed mohka the day after purchase and recieved an email with accurate delivery estimate within a couple of hours. Canvas took 10 days to arrive and looking around its delivery that seems to be the biggest gripe on this thread, however if you are prepared to wait then ultimately you should be more than happy based on my experience. patience people..

johnb20
1/17/10

I ordered my xlarge canvas print on the 4th Jan,a few days later i saw this site with pretty bad reviews about Mohka etc and thought oh dear looks like we might have a problem in the near future.
To my delight my canvas 56' x 30' arrived on the 12 Jan,excellent quality and compared to many other websites i spent hours looking at also pretty cheap for the size.
I would definately buy from them again,they seem a small company that has obviously had problems when an extreemly busy period has overwhelmed them.

mattb2
1/12/10

My order took nearly 2 weeks to arrive ,but as i could see out of my window i could see the country was covered in snow ,so I'm more than happy they even managed to get it to me ,chill out and just wait for a quality canvas print and it will arrive .

amandae1
1/11/10

The website is great and leads you into a false sense of quality. Mohka customer service is non existant and the quality of their products is appalling.
I ordered a print, money was taken frommy account but the print arrived damaged about 3 weeks later. They sent me a replacement which wasn't even printed in the same colours. We were told to send the product back and they would refund the postage and the cost of the print. I'm still waiting. Stick to companies you know and trust. I have a 'Next' print which was half the price and of a far superior quality.

Questions? Get answers from the Mohka staff and other customers.

Mohka?