Material World

Material World has a consumer rating of 4.54 stars from 835 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Material World also ranks 2nd among Used Clothing sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 91.3%

• Thankfully your wonderful customer service worked with my schedule to give me extra time.
  • I have been subscribing to Material Box for the past year or so and have really enjoyed my experience so far.

• I thought this would be an easy alternative to selling a bunch of individual items on Poshmark.
  • Of course there is no phone number on their website...UGH
How would you rate Material World?

“Love my Material Boxes!”

Dora S.
4/24/19

I have been subscribing to Material Box for the past year or so and have really enjoyed my experience so far. I have rejected a few items for fit or style, my stylist always takes my feedback into account for my next box. I have been able to get several NWT or like new dresses from Reformation, A.L.C., and Parker in the $70 - $110 range. I recently splurged and got an amazing suede Burberry Brit moto jacket for $320. The original value would have been well over $1000, so $320 was actually a steal. I have also been trying to send in a few items to trade in every time I receive a box. The payout hasn't been that high for clothing, but it's convenient. I have also been using my trade-in credit towards my box purchases whenever possible. I get additional credit for shopping with my trade-in credit so all-in-all it's very convenient and a smart way to shop for designer pieces. A fun way to continually refresh my closet!

“A MASSIVE waste of time”

Jessica A.
1/3/19

I thought this would be an easy alternative to selling a bunch of individual items on Poshmark. I was so wrong. It took months to get my offer after sending in my clothes, the offers were ridiculously low ($23 for a pristine Valentino dress?? $9 for a nearly-new, once-worn Ted Baker skirt???), and worst of all, they charge a $2 return fee to ship things back that you don't want to donate or for them to buy. Unfortunately I sent them a ton of stuff in my first shipment so it would have actually cost me $36 to have it all shipped back. I ended up just cashing out the very little they offered me and decided to spend the time writing reviews on as many websites as possible. Seriously, don't even waste your time.

customer service (19) material box (11) items (62) style quiz (7) phone number (5) promo code (6) styling fee (5) better business bureau (6) 2 months (4) 4 days (4) style profile (5) 3 items (3)
fatimas42
June 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
I would have appreciate more picture to exemplify what some of the mentioned styles really mean. I think different people can have different ideas of what a "classic" style actually looks like so just by clicking on "classic" the stylist really might not understand at all what is on my mind. Communication is key if I'm letting someone style me and I don't think there is enough communication in this initial questionnaire which probably means I will send everything back and not order again.
Reason I chose this business: Because I received an offer and I’m bored at home because of COVID19
amandas903
July 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
My first two boxes were amazing but then after that nothing was my style or worth anything near the prices they were asking
Reason I chose this business: I want to give it another try because my first box was so good
lorenad14
angelaa418
December 2nd, 2019
jacquelineg84
May 9th, 2019
I signed up because I like the idea of having some shop for me. I've had a couple of different stylists and some of them get my style completely but then I've had other stylists who don't. I guess it depends on who you get matched up with. I will say that when I asked for another stylist it was super easy and giving feedback helped but there are definetly times when I like one of my boxes alot and buy alot from it while other times I only buy 1 thing.

They accepted brands that no one else accepted. However, they are very slow and unresponsive. Bad customer service.

By Mary K.
See more answers (2)

They received my box end of August. It is now 10/9 and still no offer. Called and they said they are running behind. Wish I never sent anything in.

By Sunny H.
See more answers (2)

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just did.

By Lise S.

REAL REAL - MUCH BETTER!! It's consignment which begins at 50% but increases with price and usage.

By Mary K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Material World staff and other customers.

jonathanl188
Adam G.
COO
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Material World?

Have a question about Material World?