Review of MATCHESFASHION

SW4, GB
Tel: 0800 009 4123

dianam296
6/10/19

I bought a pair of shoes Valentino only 3 day delivery no paid for this and the shoes was perfectly packed perfect condition and real brand for me was excellent experience and a better price find it

madisonc105
6/8/19

I bought a pair of Isabel marrant slides which aren't cheap of matches fashion, 3 weeks later they were starting to peel from the sides. 2 weeks after that I was coming out of a shop and suddenly had no shoe on, the slide had snapped. I emailed matches fashion they said wait for a phone call and never got back to me. I think this is an absolute joke the money I paid for a pair of slides to just snap.

sashaa18
5/24/19

I bought a skirt from MatchesFashion US site. By the time it arrived it was on sale--by 40% which is hardly inconsequential.They REFUSED to price match. Told me it was now sold out, but I could return the skirt. So someone else gets the benefit of the sales price. This is absurd. Very poor notion of customer goodwill.

kw178
4/29/19

I have had excellent service with Matchesfashion over the past 2 years. Delivery is extremely fast, and so are the refunds. Prices are very competitve, although selection is sometimes limited.

irenev20
4/6/19

I usually love matches and tell all my friends about it. I received an exclusive sale offer for $100/$200/$300 off, which based on how much you had to spend amounted to 20%-30% off. I went to the open page I had with my cart at my desk and when I refreshed the page and the price of my items all went up exactly 20%! Making the "sale" price almost the same as the original retail.

Was hugely concerned and emailed customer service but got no reply. I also chatted online with customer service and they said they were unaware of any changes and if I had any evidence. I actually did have a picture which I sent, I had sent a picture to a friend for her opinion on some shoes. As soon as I sent they ended the chat session! What a shady scam!!

carlya4
3/27/19

I have contacted matchesfashion.com several times about my concerns; however, I NEVER received a reply!The last straw came a few days ago with yet another item on my wish list selling out before I was even notified it was in stock (Prada Item #1272428).I already lost out on the Chloe shirt in the size 42 as I had purchased it only to receive an email the following day stating that my order had been canceled as it was sold to another customer! SHAME ON YOU! I ordered the size 40, at the pressure of a stylist, knowing full well it would be too small and it was! I would never ever have received my last order if I had not checked my email when I did. It too was on my useless wish list and I received an email that it was low in stock. I never received an email when it arrived in stock!The wish list is a total scam!!!!!!!I am well and truly finished with Matches and will NEVER shop with you again. And no, don't even bother humiliating me with some useless credit of $25. What an insult that is.

selinal9
3/27/19

Delivery was fast and using DHL but they dont offer free returns, you pay 10 to return the item (and charge steep delivery fees) AND you have to create an account with them to make a return at all. BAD customer service, will not purchase from there again

jamest597
3/13/19

Delivery is always fast and reliable when it comes to Matches, and prices are usually fair. The issue is, I have so far purchased 3 pairs of Alexander Mcqueen sneakers from them, and only 1 pair was in perfect condition. The other two had small faults such as the sole was slightly damaged, the rubber was loose where the sole and leather upper meet, the leather upper seemed to be stitched in a little wonky on my latest pair etc. I don't know if there is a quality control problem or something, but probably wouldn't recommend if you're buying designer shoes.

youyoungj
2/22/19

I just received Alexander Mcqueen shoes from MachesFashion. I found out the left shoe is 1 cm longer than the right one although both sizes are 41. This is really funny.

Also, I received other Alexander Mcqueen shoes from MachesFashion a few days ago (using another account) and the item had scratches and torn leather at the center of the back of a shoe. I think this company sells those items which haven't passed quality tests by manufacturers.

I just contacted its customer service center and they said they can reship a new item once returned. But there is an issue. I paid $79 CAD for the tax and DHL brokerage fee but I have to do paper works and go to the Customs office to get a refund of this and give up the DHL brokerage fee of $18. Then, I have to pay another $79 CAD for the tax and DHL brokerage fee when I receive the new item. I have to waste my time to get a tax refund from the government and give up $18 I paid to DHL because this stupid company sent me the item without a quality check.

I will never use this website.

allyk12
2/6/19

I bought an item that turnout out to be faulty (shoes that broke after 2 wears and not worn for very long at all). It has now been over 4 months and I have not had any resolution. I sent the shoes back to Matches 2 months ago for them to inspect. The last email from them was 1 month ago saying they would update me shortly and since then no response despite multiple emails from me prompting them. This is terrible customer service considering the elite price points and brands you are stocking. Replies take a very long time (over a week minimum) and there is no sense of following up or actively trying to sort out an issue. I'm surprised so many luxury brands are willing to be associated with this level of service.

micheleb180
1/14/19

I tried to place an order and NY State tax was being charged at checkout. There is no tax on items from companies with no physical presence in NY. When I contacted Matchesfashion.com they kept insisting that this was due to licensing agreements. They said would absorb the duty, but had to charge sales tax. First, there is no NY state tax on items purchased from a company that has no outpost in NY, second there was no duty to absorb because the item was under $800. These people are scammers. Needless to say, i did not order from them.

faridam4
11/27/18

i have placed order on 26 th november and needed to receive the dress by saturday. but they havenot sent it yet. in two days i have written to the customer service severally that i needed my order to be shipped urgently they only promised that they will ship it but they have done NOTHING till today. if i ordered from my theresa the same dress i am sure that they will ship it the same day as they always do. dont shop from matchesfashion THEY CANT WORK.

marisas17
11/7/18

I bought a dress that ripped upon first wear and their customer service did absolutely nothing! Extremely disappointing and will never be shopping here again.

zoez9
10/9/18

This site keeps cancelling my orders and tells me it is my bank issue. After tons of calls with my bank, this website told me my account got blocked and they can't unblock it without some third party security. Then I asked if I can take my gift card out of the account and give it to my friend. They told me once you link a gift card to the account you can never get it out. Is that a kind of robbery?

meganp58
9/24/18

I've order many times from Matches Fashion. Note that it says "duties included". Once you reach a certain $ level in your cart, you can either prepay duties or pay them on receipt. Here is where you notice what the duties charged actually are. Problem is, for less than $800 USD, there are no duties to the US. I emailed MatchesFashion to ask why they are charging duties when none are due below $800 and they never responded. Thieves.

ashleyc288
9/21/18

I've ordered from them many times and I love how fast the items ship to the USA and the returns are easy. Always beautifully wrapped as well!

jintoz
9/2/18

I completed my first order with this company and I was surprised at how fast shipping was with my order fulfilled with 100% satisfaction.
Definitely one of the best ever packaging I've received from an online retailer.
10/10 would definitely recommend to anyone!

teresan42
8/23/18

I order gift for my friend from Matchesfashion. They wrote on their websites that they will dispatch every order within 24 hours. My order were dispatched after 4 days despite I call to their customer service every day, they don't do nothing. They promised me switch from standard shipping to express to make the package arrived in time. They swear two times, that they did it. Yesterday the package was send and with no express shipping! Only standard and it will arrived - I already have information from DHL in three days. I'm so upset with this company. Totally ruined birthday gift for my friend, now I have one day to search for something else and I will received the package three days after birthday celebration. Really thank you Matchesfashion! Never more!

rs244
8/18/18

OUTSTANDING, YES, OUTSTANDING WEBSITE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.
I don't believe any of the negative reviews on here. All my orders were delivered flawlessly, returns no issues at all, they deliver. I have recommended to several friends. And will continue to do so. They are really legit unlike many others.

kacok
8/2/18

: They are lying all the time if you refer a friend they get 100 euro its a lie it doesnt
work and wen you contact costumer service they find excuses all the time and they lie about trying too call me do not by there warning

atharia
7/16/18

I ordered many times, each time they surprised me, everything is perfect and the delivery tome is amazing
i dont know what to say im soooooo pleased and will recommend to my friends

kareng358
6/26/18

Since posting the below Matches Fashion finally asked me to send the item back for review but then again took no responsibility for the item not being fit for purpose (i.e. to be worn) - all I can say is buyer beware as they dont seem to operate under laws where countries such as the US or Australia would replace or refund the item.

Previous post - You cant return items you have problems with and shocking and slow customer service. I dont understand how they can make a decision for no return when Matches has actually not asked to see the item and check that the fabric/dye lot the shirt was made from wasn't faulty.

Under consumer law in Australia businesses that sell goods must guarantee that those goods are of acceptable quality - look acceptable and do all the things someone would normally expect them to do (e.g. last more than 5 hours of wear without changes to the dye colour).

I will look into the laws in the UK as I would expect that this would be similar.

The fact they made no attempt to rectify this matter in any way shows such poor customer service. I wish I bought the item from the US or Australia as I would have received a refund or credit note. I am posting this review because I dont want this to happen to anyone else. Until shopping at Matches I have only posted positive reviews about online shopping experiences.

marya796
6/11/18

Ive shopped quite a few times from Matchesfashion and can say that the products, shipping and packages has been faultless.

As with any popular, international store Id suggest researching and making sure youre purchasing the perfect item otherwise there might be delays in a refund or exchange - Ive never been in that boat but I think its kind of common sense.

But overall, you can get amazing prices for some older designer products, and Ive always been surprised with their timely deliveries. Ive purchased from them several times and have always been happy!

cheriez2
5/24/18

They made excuse for cancelling my order! They blame on my bank! I called my bank and it is not the bank responsibility. They emailed me they need 6 digits code .WTF

lisas648
5/3/18

Ordering from Matchesfashion.com has been one of the worst online shopping experiences. a) never once did they mention they were 'international' b) never once did they mention that there is a possibility that your bank could charge you an international fee. Their customer service is horrible and their site is deceiving. BTW - I read through their 'terms and conditions' which also does not say anything about international bank charges. I order from other 'international' companies all the time (i.e. Louis Vuitton) and have never been charged a 3% fee.

Questions? Get answers from the MATCHESFASHION staff and other customers.

14 Photos for MATCHESFASHION