Review of MATCHESFASHION

SW4, GB
Tel: 0800 009 4123

jamest597
3/13/19

Delivery is always fast and reliable when it comes to Matches, and prices are usually fair. The issue is, I have so far purchased 3 pairs of Alexander Mcqueen sneakers from them, and only 1 pair was in perfect condition. The other two had small faults such as the sole was slightly damaged, the rubber was loose where the sole and leather upper meet, the leather upper seemed to be stitched in a little wonky on my latest pair etc. I don't know if there is a quality control problem or something, but probably wouldn't recommend if you're buying designer shoes.

youyoungj
2/22/19

I just received Alexander Mcqueen shoes from MachesFashion. I found out the left shoe is 1 cm longer than the right one although both sizes are 41. This is really funny.

Also, I received other Alexander Mcqueen shoes from MachesFashion a few days ago (using another account) and the item had scratches and torn leather at the center of the back of a shoe. I think this company sells those items which haven't passed quality tests by manufacturers.

I just contacted its customer service center and they said they can reship a new item once returned. But there is an issue. I paid $79 CAD for the tax and DHL brokerage fee but I have to do paper works and go to the Customs office to get a refund of this and give up the DHL brokerage fee of $18. Then, I have to pay another $79 CAD for the tax and DHL brokerage fee when I receive the new item. I have to waste my time to get a tax refund from the government and give up $18 I paid to DHL because this stupid company sent me the item without a quality check.

I will never use this website.

allyk12
2/6/19

I bought an item that turnout out to be faulty (shoes that broke after 2 wears and not worn for very long at all). It has now been over 4 months and I have not had any resolution. I sent the shoes back to Matches 2 months ago for them to inspect. The last email from them was 1 month ago saying they would update me shortly and since then no response despite multiple emails from me prompting them. This is terrible customer service considering the elite price points and brands you are stocking. Replies take a very long time (over a week minimum) and there is no sense of following up or actively trying to sort out an issue. I'm surprised so many luxury brands are willing to be associated with this level of service.

micheleb180
1/14/19

I tried to place an order and NY State tax was being charged at checkout. There is no tax on items from companies with no physical presence in NY. When I contacted Matchesfashion.com they kept insisting that this was due to licensing agreements. They said would absorb the duty, but had to charge sales tax. First, there is no NY state tax on items purchased from a company that has no outpost in NY, second there was no duty to absorb because the item was under $800. These people are scammers. Needless to say, i did not order from them.

faridam4
11/27/18

i have placed order on 26 th november and needed to receive the dress by saturday. but they havenot sent it yet. in two days i have written to the customer service severally that i needed my order to be shipped urgently they only promised that they will ship it but they have done NOTHING till today. if i ordered from my theresa the same dress i am sure that they will ship it the same day as they always do. dont shop from matchesfashion THEY CANT WORK.

marisas17
11/7/18

I bought a dress that ripped upon first wear and their customer service did absolutely nothing! Extremely disappointing and will never be shopping here again.

zoez9
10/9/18

This site keeps cancelling my orders and tells me it is my bank issue. After tons of calls with my bank, this website told me my account got blocked and they can't unblock it without some third party security. Then I asked if I can take my gift card out of the account and give it to my friend. They told me once you link a gift card to the account you can never get it out. Is that a kind of robbery?

meganp58
9/24/18

I've order many times from Matches Fashion. Note that it says "duties included". Once you reach a certain $ level in your cart, you can either prepay duties or pay them on receipt. Here is where you notice what the duties charged actually are. Problem is, for less than $800 USD, there are no duties to the US. I emailed MatchesFashion to ask why they are charging duties when none are due below $800 and they never responded. Thieves.

ashleyc288
9/21/18

I've ordered from them many times and I love how fast the items ship to the USA and the returns are easy. Always beautifully wrapped as well!

jintoz
9/2/18

I completed my first order with this company and I was surprised at how fast shipping was with my order fulfilled with 100% satisfaction.
Definitely one of the best ever packaging I've received from an online retailer.
10/10 would definitely recommend to anyone!

teresan42
8/23/18

I order gift for my friend from Matchesfashion. They wrote on their websites that they will dispatch every order within 24 hours. My order were dispatched after 4 days despite I call to their customer service every day, they don't do nothing. They promised me switch from standard shipping to express to make the package arrived in time. They swear two times, that they did it. Yesterday the package was send and with no express shipping! Only standard and it will arrived - I already have information from DHL in three days. I'm so upset with this company. Totally ruined birthday gift for my friend, now I have one day to search for something else and I will received the package three days after birthday celebration. Really thank you Matchesfashion! Never more!

rs244
8/18/18

OUTSTANDING, YES, OUTSTANDING WEBSITE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.
I don't believe any of the negative reviews on here. All my orders were delivered flawlessly, returns no issues at all, they deliver. I have recommended to several friends. And will continue to do so. They are really legit unlike many others.

kacok
8/2/18

: They are lying all the time if you refer a friend they get 100 euro its a lie it doesnt
work and wen you contact costumer service they find excuses all the time and they lie about trying too call me do not by there warning

atharia
7/16/18

I ordered many times, each time they surprised me, everything is perfect and the delivery tome is amazing
i dont know what to say im soooooo pleased and will recommend to my friends

kareng358
6/26/18

Since posting the below Matches Fashion finally asked me to send the item back for review but then again took no responsibility for the item not being fit for purpose (i.e. to be worn) - all I can say is buyer beware as they dont seem to operate under laws where countries such as the US or Australia would replace or refund the item.

Previous post - You cant return items you have problems with and shocking and slow customer service. I dont understand how they can make a decision for no return when Matches has actually not asked to see the item and check that the fabric/dye lot the shirt was made from wasn't faulty.

Under consumer law in Australia businesses that sell goods must guarantee that those goods are of acceptable quality - look acceptable and do all the things someone would normally expect them to do (e.g. last more than 5 hours of wear without changes to the dye colour).

I will look into the laws in the UK as I would expect that this would be similar.

The fact they made no attempt to rectify this matter in any way shows such poor customer service. I wish I bought the item from the US or Australia as I would have received a refund or credit note. I am posting this review because I dont want this to happen to anyone else. Until shopping at Matches I have only posted positive reviews about online shopping experiences.

marya796
6/11/18

Ive shopped quite a few times from Matchesfashion and can say that the products, shipping and packages has been faultless.

As with any popular, international store Id suggest researching and making sure youre purchasing the perfect item otherwise there might be delays in a refund or exchange - Ive never been in that boat but I think its kind of common sense.

But overall, you can get amazing prices for some older designer products, and Ive always been surprised with their timely deliveries. Ive purchased from them several times and have always been happy!

cheriez2
5/24/18

They made excuse for cancelling my order! They blame on my bank! I called my bank and it is not the bank responsibility. They emailed me they need 6 digits code .WTF

lisas648
5/3/18

Ordering from Matchesfashion.com has been one of the worst online shopping experiences. a) never once did they mention they were 'international' b) never once did they mention that there is a possibility that your bank could charge you an international fee. Their customer service is horrible and their site is deceiving. BTW - I read through their 'terms and conditions' which also does not say anything about international bank charges. I order from other 'international' companies all the time (i.e. Louis Vuitton) and have never been charged a 3% fee.

fshopsaloto
3/28/18

For well over a month now, @MATCHESFASHION has kept money for merchandise I returned during the time frame given. Mind you merch was sent incorrectly to me, (WRONG COLOR!) No one communicates with me, send me threats regarding contacting my bank, makes accusations over said issue.All the while, they still have my money, claim to not have spoken on the phone with me, take more than 3-5 bus days to reply, never call you back like they say they will @MATCHESFASHION, they literally have their merch & my money

cindyl138
3/8/18

I ordered two Diane Von Furstenberg dresses in size 4. They were both on sale. In particular the leopard print wrap dress is gigantic and the measurements are way off from what I found on other website such as Net-a-Porter. They asked me to send it back for inspection by the product specialist. It slipped out of my mind and then after two months, they sent me back the dress claiming that there is nothing wrong with it and they will deny the refund!

This is just outrageous. It took them two months to figure out...and with no prior contact whatsoever, what kind of customer service is this? Did the specialist even bother to check the measurements? Even if the dress is not faulty, it did not pass the return deadline. They are just doing whatever to prevent returns with lies and scams.

annat110
2/2/18

My order number is OMF80880156.

I spent $757USD on a Charlotte Olympia backpack and this company sent me a faulty backpack - a bag with a magnetic clasp so weak that the magnet will not seek its other half and gives you problems to close the bag.

It has been close to 3 weeks since my initial contact. I was told to send the bag back for inspection by the product specialist then Ill be contacted with options depending on the outcome.

After chasing them up every second day with an international phone call, I suddenly get an email saying I have been refunded $674. NO OPTIONS AS THEY PROMISED.

With further chasing, I get told that the bag was not faulty and in a useable condition hence I do not get my full fee (duties and taxes) refunded.

HOW IS A BAG WITH A MAGNETIC CLASP SO WEAK THAT YOU CANT MAKE IT STAY CLOSED SECURELY CONSIDERED NOT FAULTY AND USEABLE, AND TO BE SOLD FOR $757?

I have a different Charlotte Olympia bag with the same magnetic closure, and a different branded bag with a magnetic closure. On both, the bag stays securely closed, and the magnets seek each other when closing. If the product specialist cares to compare the level of weakness of the magnet with another bag using a magnetic clasp, they will understand that its clearly a faulty product. I have explained this to the customer care team and requested to pass this message, which of course, simply got ignored.

After requesting to speak with the product specialist, I am told that my case will be escalated by a higher managerial staff in 24H. ANOTHER LIE BY MATCHESFASHION.COM. 24H later, not a single word.

Beware. Matchesfashion.com is a company that thinks a bag is useable if it can contain things; never mind having to close it securely. Theyll also lie to you and give you weeks of agony.

mannym6
12/13/17

I ordered a pair of $800 Louboutin shoes as a Christmas gift for my sister that arrived with scratches on the soles. This was quite disappointing because the scratches were obvious and it was clear the Matches salesperson didn't care enough to inspect the product prior to shipping it all the way from London to Vancouver, Canada. Their delivery service DSL didn't complete the delivery as they had promised so I had to drive to the DSL outlet near the airport to pick up the shoes only to bring them home to find they had scratches.

Manager, Ksenia got involved after learning about the situation and I'm quite appalled at her failure to rectify it.
Because of the Christmas time crunch, in order for me to have them delivered to my sister before Christmas, I asked that Matches deliver an undamaged replacement pair to my sisters address directly, Christmas wrapped and with no invoices or price tags for obvious reasons. Ksenia refused to accomodate either of those requests. I have previously worked in various customer service and high end retail businesses and a simple request such as this would be a no brainer in order to rectify the situation for a customer.

Needless to say I had to cancel my order and will be taking my business elsewhere. The shoes were ordered on December 3, 2017, so this should have given them plenty of time to fix the situation in time for Christmas, which they refused to do.

lucaf14
12/13/17

Yesterday I purchased an item and today has been cancelled for no reason. I've ben told that it's because my credit card has not passed their secury checks, wheter my balance now my money has been taken.
I now wait for the refund and I won't ever order from Matchesfashion again.

floraz3
10/11/17

I was returned my item by 21th sep because they send me the wrong tomford case for my Gucci eyewear... but I was waited almost 2 weeks time to chase after them for refund . they reply still pounding...until I have to contact my bank to request open dispute to get my money back... funny things is they keep argue with me that the Gucci eyewear comes different case... hello .. the case with big TOMFORD on it.... very bad as not responsibility as seller.. can't trust... hope all the buyer just be careful...

craigd44
7/26/17

Has best selection of quality brands online. Always purchased from this company and received excellent service. All ok until I tried to return a pair of shoes. Shoes faded after once in rain. They were a pair of acne studio. I was told they are only for summer use and they can't refund. Summer is 70% rain in the uk. No information was sent to explain you can't get wet. Waste of £280. I have spent thousands over the years with matchesfashion. Won't be using again.

Questions? Get answers from the MATCHESFASHION staff and other customers.

9 Photos for MATCHESFASHION