Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes has a consumer rating of 2.36 stars from 100 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Malwarebytes also ranks 28th among Antivirus Software sites.

• It is not an anti-virus program and does not provide real time protection.

• Your product isn't bad, your customer support and lack of business ethics are the problem.
  • Customer service does not know anything about the product.
How would you rate Malwarebytes?

“Excellent Software, well worth it.”

Pablo M.
10/21/19

I have been a paid user for the last 2 years and it is definitely worth it. It has detected and blocked so many spyware/virus sites. I'm just glad I got it.

“Scammers. Ripped off.”

Stephen H.
1/9/20

I bought this stupid product. Could not sign in or register the KEY. Certainly not a friendly product. Wasted over an hour of my time.

customer support (3) time protection (7) customer service (5) credit card (5) tech support (3) emails (4) premium version (4) program (30)
stephenh621
January 9th, 2020
leanettet
October 12th, 2017
Downloaded this mainly to remove the bs comet. Yahoo extension malware. Absolute joke. Sure it scans, the same as any other "malware" software, but basically ends there. Only allowing a quarantine of alleged infections or warning, but won't activate the actual Web protection until actual purchase. Sorry, but I'm not forking over $40 for a scape ghost scan/protection "sampler". Show me that it actually works, and THEN maybe I'll purchase.
rp189
March 18th, 2019
• Updated review
So after a few emails from support (*******@malwarebytes.com) I got this straightened out and I gave them the pft duh advice of putting support email on website for free. They thanked me, gave me a free year of MB and I got it all up and going again. All looks good now.
Malwarebytes has no support. Period
February 27th, 2019
• Previous review
Just paid another year but messed up email and now im screwed. No support number or email means i just wasted my money. I will never get this $#*! product again
pablom67
October 21st, 2019
johnw655
May 14th, 2017
I have been using Malwarebytes for years. Used the free version for quite a few years, always with either Norton or MacFee. Put the free version on over 50 different laptops and desktops in my clients compters. Woried just fine for us.
I am running Norton Security Deluxe 2017 with Latest Malware bytes. Work great together. My Malware was just like Norton, both upgraded the older to the newer with no interaction from me.
I highly recommend this product.
cliffh51
December 29th, 2019
Horrible product. Constantly sends me on-screen reminders to install the latest version - every day all day. At first I tried to install the "latest" version but it still reminds me every day of another "newest" version. I even tried to check the box for automatic updates. I have notifications turned off and still constant interruptions to my day. Then it is almost impossible to find someone to contact about this issue. Took me 10 minutes searching just to find a form which probably will not be read by anyone. I dont have time for this.
professorm
August 28th, 2014
This is a legitimate site, i had tried it and have not uninstalled it since the day i got it

Tip for consumers: good ware

cheryla47
March 16th, 2017
Has become a problem product. Protection layers always shutting off. The worst thing they did was to eliminate the free standing product (discs). When I installed the discs, I had no problem, but since using the up-to-date version from download, I have had nothing but problems. Tech support suggests things, but it doesn't resolve issues.
marting15
December 12th, 2012
Malwarebytes is a site that offers Anti-Malware software for cleaning up those little nasties that creep through. I have used the Free version of this software and always seems to get the PC running smoothly again after any hiccups.
dominicg
May 1st, 2017
I have been aware of Malwarebytes for ages and I bought premium version. The latest upgrade brought up some false positives for normal programmes. I saw a review on youtube where they offered less realtime protection than Zemana (newer company from Turkey). When there was less competition seemed to be better product.
robertl324
1,345 helpful votes
February 26th, 2018
I actually kno little about the dot org one except it's in Canada, and Malwarebytes.com is in California. The later is the one I know and like, but this one has terrible reviews, and yet I see some of the same ones it Both Places!

That's the main reason for this review; to clue people that these two separate companies are being confused... And yes. COM has no phone customer service, but thru email I got fast and good service, while this. ORG one does, and from the reviews is useless.

Obviously they are Not the same, so check out Malwarebytes. COM, the one in California.
pedrop35
January 29th, 2018
Any Issue gets fixed pretty much immediately. Today a false positive made the application over use the memory, swiftly fixed.
ericf81
January 16th, 2018
I purchased Malwarebytes Premium about 7 months ago. Lately, I keep getting a pop-up window every few minutes alerting me that Real Time Web Protection is turned off. However, I am unable to turn it back on! Now my computer has been compromised by a virus and will cost me about $250 to rectify! Of course, Malwarebytes does not have a telephone number for help. Hey, Malwarebytes: BYTE ME!
andreah66
March 11th, 2016
Malwarebytes saved the day today! Yesterday I had to make a service call to my daughter's store computer to remove Windows 10 (and put it back to Windows 8) which was suddenly installed, because settings were to automatic download and install and than I also run a full scan of Microsoft Defender, it found one Pup and removed it but today when restarting it, a blue screen scared them at the store, so I had to make another visit. The scary display showed to call Microsoft and not try to restart the system because there was the option that it wouldn't load but it also mentioned that this problem is caused by a virus! I managed to download a new version of Malwarebytes which found a lot of more Pups (a quick scan with Defender before didn't show any) and after cleaning them all and I dared to restart it, it loaded without problems!

I always loved to use Malwarebytes and did it today even more! It saved many other computers for me in the past from deleting all data from a hard drive which some professionals recommended!
ronp45
April 9th, 2016
I have use this program for many years and does a great job. I have installed it on other peoples PC to get rid of virus,... This program work, when others did not. I had the premium version, but let it run out. Thinking of buying it again. I have the free version and it does a good job.
zoij
June 23rd, 2013
The program is not a virus. It is truely a legit website and will help clean your computer from the fake ICE virus.
georgef176
November 11th, 2018
It used to be amazing when it was on V2. Now it interferes too much. It locks you out of harmless websites for no reason and throws annoying pop-ups that also interfere whenever you're gaming or working.
gtn
March 6th, 2016
I have used the free version dozens of times to fix coworkers and friends computers. In fact periodically, I download the free version for my own computers on occasion to check my pcs.
Wonderful product.
nanm6
January 28th, 2018
Wrangled with "Stew" over cancelling automatic renew.
Claimed he couldn't find my account.
Wanted the license number and key.
I deleted it and the program long ago.
The website as NO WAY to contact a real person.
EMAIL: *******@malwarebytes.com
It was a shot in the dark that paid off.
I reminded "Stew" I now had email evidence for my credit card company to cancel all future transaction attempts.
Suddenly he found my account.
Cancelled everything per my request.
Stay FAR away from this company.
georgel98
April 24th, 2017
I have pre-paid Premium version for a two year period.
What I dislike (read - HATE) is the fact that when I end up on a website that they deemed "unsafe", I have to jump through loops and hoops to give myself access to that site since I know for a fact that is safe!
All we need is button that after a warning, allows us to continue to that website because that what we want not prevent us regardless because that what you think needs to happen!
Overall the paid version is ok. Would I renew my subscription? NO WAY IN HELL!
techyf
November 4th, 2013
Awesome site with great software...
westleyc1
March 18th, 2017
I used to like Malwarebytes Anti-malware and recommended it to clients. After finding out that they removed Iobit Advanced Systemcare 10.2 from my computer since they seem to think that it is a PUP. I removed MBAM from my pc and am not going to recommend their product to my clients anymore unless they fix their mistake. I trust Iobit and use several of their products. Malwarebytes is no-longer trustworthy. It piss's me off that their software which I still have a Premier membership for at least 140 something days is now useless. Buyer Beware!
missig1
April 18th, 2017
Full 2 weeks before my premium expired, they were constantly bombarding me with notices to renew - I did not want before it was time, not to loose the 2 weeks - so they switched off features such as updating, scans, and who knows what else - eventually I had to download a free version for 2 weeks (they promise a 30 day trial period! But get only 14 days! - an other one contravening the trade description act!) to be protected;
Needless to say am now buying an other make! I'd give it zero if I could.
ad5170
September 13th, 2015
I bought and paid for Malwarebytes and ran it. It cleaned the computer apparently including its own executable, which couldn't be found in any folder, directory, or registry search after running. So I'm a sucker. The company wanted to fix the problem but I had spent over half a day fussing it and I was very done with it. Moving on...
charlesd138
October 26th, 2017
No customers service. No 1-800 number a human to talk with. If you have an issue they do nothing. The product sucks and really conflicted with other programs on my computer. I have to remove it from my computer 2 weeks after purchasing it. Also 1 year later they automatically bill your credit card for a 2nd year then they fight you when you ask for your money back. A very terrible company and product! Charles

As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.

By William S.
See more answers (4)

If you get an email eluding to something you've done on your computer, then YES. If you have Windows, go to task manager, go to the Processes tab and read every line. Look for a suspicious process (unsigned) running on your computer. Google Search anything you don't understand, or are unfamiliar with.

By Nan M.

MalwareBytes is installing Windows 10 files in to incompatible Systems. If you HAVE Windows 10, and still get hosed, please let me know. Thanks. Nan

By Nan M.

RE: my previous question. I checked again and my Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 states on the icon "Its disabled."...

By Suzanne S.

Download=Malwarebytes anti-rootkit remover and run it once it clears the infection install=Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit -powerlinks infection is a powerful trojan not easy to remove.

By duncan l.

I had all the similar problems as you 2 years ago, the company was going through a complete change over, don't drop this company as they are the tops in the country for what they do, I can send you the company Techs e-mails to me that walked me through the very same problems and she fixed it, yea, I know, been to the "India" thing too, you don't need to go there trust me on that one, stay clear of that. If you want that fix, here's my e-mail address and give me yours plus your exact problem and I'll send you the very same e-mails I got that got me all squared away, I've had no problems for 2 years now. My e-mail is tonydeleano@cox.net I'll see if I can help you.

By tony d.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Malwarebytes staff and other customers.

Malwarebytes protects you against malware, ransomware, and other advanced online threats that have made antivirus obsolete and ineffective.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Malwarebytes?

Have a question about Malwarebytes?