Review of Malwarebytes

Tel: +1 800-520-2796
policies@malwarebytes.org

jacekh2
4/23/18

Malwarebytes has reneged on my subscription. I have a Premium subscription, and it worked fine on Android for a period, and I was satisfied. Then, Android app stopped working, and support suggested uninstall/re-install. I did so, but app would not accept my app code. Contacted support again, and they suggested I repeat. I did, and so did app non-acceptance of code. Support stopped responding to my requests for help after saying the code was still valid. I then suggested that they just issue me a new code to get past the problem since they had my money for Premium. No contact ever since for over three months with me following up with them monthly. Save your money. Webroot is one of others with good performance and better support.

robertl324
2/26/18

I actually kno little about the dot org one except it's in Canada, and Malwarebytes.com is in California. The later is the one I know and like, but this one has terrible reviews, and yet I see some of the same ones it Both Places!

That's the main reason for this review; to clue people that these two separate companies are being confused...And yes .COM has no phone customer service, but thru email I got fast and good service, while this .ORG one does, and from the reviews is useless.

Obviously they are Not the same, so check out Malwarebytes . COM, the one in California.

richardd212
2/15/18

ATTN:
Kevin Goodwin
Director, Malwarebytes Consumer Support

This is the first, of many, posts to online forums where I will share my dismal experience with Malwarebytes. This will continue unless and until you honor your promise. Period.

You have a lot of pissed off customers. I am now one of them unless you correct this problem. It is beyond me why any organization today would risk their well-being with such poor service. Your product isn't bad, your customer support and lack of business ethics are the problem.

Should I keep posting? There are also other remedies available should you choose to ignore me hoping I'll go away. Your move.
==============================================================================
Posted February 13, 2018

Where do I begin. As soon as I purchased a subscription, I started having problems with Real-Time Protection. I emailed, repeatedly, to no avail. At the time, you were able to call their support line, but only received voicemail, which they never monitored. Now they don't even offer phone support. I guess that tells you something about their claim to provide quality customer support.

I eventually was able to solve the problem - on my own - and then, magically, "Andy" with Malwarebytes contacted me to see about resolving the problem. I informed him I was able to resolve the issue, and he promised, in writing, to extend my license period for the amount of time I experienced problems, plus another six (6) months. This was last June 2017.

Now I am getting daily popups notifying me that my license expires (now in 11 days). I reached out to Malwarebytes including all of the previous emails so they could see the history of the problem, and that I was not simply attempting to get something for nothing. The only reply was from "Jeremy" who provided a list of "fixes" for the real-time protection problem. I replied and said the problem had been resolved, and that the primary issue was the license extension. No response.

I have sent several emails asking for a reply, and also addressed one to Kevin Goodwin, Director, Malwarebytes Customer Support. The response? Nothing. Nada. I even asked in my emails if they cared about their reputation since they seemed to have a problem providing customer support. Still. Crickets.

It is absolutelty pitiful they way they run their business. Anyone thinking about subscribing to their service; don't. Not unless you do not require any support.

Bottom line: good news travels. Bad news travels fast. I will share this story with anyone who cares to listen.

gregoryb67
2/10/18

when i tried to complain about many different problems i was referred to con artists that didnt speak english and tried to charge me 300.00 to fix the problem..hosebags

laurencew15
2/4/18

What a piece of junk stop my computer this weekend only found out through searching my programs. Apparently there was an error issued Jan 27 that ram was being eaten up by the program it killed my PC. Found this ;
Yah you dim- a- holes could have done an update or email to warn people about this problem , Then you shut down any conversation regarding it . COVER-UP..

freds140
2/2/18

Had Malwarebytes Premium for many years on their auto-renew payment plan, but the past few months they have not fixed an issue wherein their real-time protection mode will not stay turned-on, causing the program to miss malware & virus attacks on my Windows 7 based desktop. Their tech-support was useless, would take an entire day to respond, and their email "solutions" would typically arrive at 3AM Eastern Time with no phone support capabilities whatsoever! My only solution was to completely uninstall their program and purchase another product (Norton). I have requested a refund as I had almost a year remaining on my subscription, but they refused saying it is against their policy. My recommendation: STAY AWAY!

seijaq
1/30/18

After one year, they will auto charge you again without any asking. When I bought a year service, I did not sign on anything that I want to continue the auto charge, neither they were clear about it when you hit to buy one year service. They denied returning the money, even I stopped using their service after the first year.

pedrop35
1/29/18

Any Issue gets fixed pretty much immediately. Today a false positive made the application over use the memory, swiftly fixed.

nanm6
1/28/18

Yesterday (Jan. 27, 2018), I came out to use my computer and got a BLACK SCREEN. I spent HOURS. TIP: You can get to the task manager by going to the start button (lower Left) and type in "task manager" in the search box rather than hitting "ctrl+alt+delete", which would go to black screen. Then Look at "processes" and see that Malwarebytes is using a TON of ram. STOP that process. Go to "Control Panel, Programs, UNINSTALL" select Malwarebytes and relax a long while as it gets pulled out. Reboot.
IE would not work, FireFox, couldn't copy files or backup....it was a mess.
All I can figure is that when it updated, Windows 10 files had been added to my Win 7 32 bit OS.
So, NO MORE Malwarebytes for my station. I'll go with Norton now.

paulp190
1/27/18

They really need to up their game. Recent update borked all machines for all users. Not Recommended.

johnc915
1/27/18

Using Windows 7. Causes a memory loop that uses 93% of my memory after the computer has been on for about 15 minutes(starts at 2 gig and goes to over 7 gig). After removing Malwarebytes my computer was back to normal.

colino9
1/25/18

they keep on telling be to upgrade when i cleary say no it is just horrible

found this from an ad and it is false advertising

callistam
1/20/18

Yes I lost my account to real time protection turning off. There see no reason to help me. I have a free program from another vendor. Gave $ yesterday for another malware account worked yesterday it is tuned off today. No way to bring this to their attention.

ericf81
1/16/18

I purchased Malwarebytes Premium about 7 months ago. Lately, I keep getting a pop-up window every few minutes alerting me that Real Time Web Protection is turned off. However, I am unable to turn it back on !! Now my computer has been compromised by a virus and will cost me about $250 to rectify ! Of course, Malwarebytes does not have a telephone number for help. Hey, Malwarebytes: BYTE ME !!

donnad133
1/10/18

Like many users I have the problem of "RealTime protection turning off.
I have jumped through all the hoops that tech has asked me to. I want a refund

patriciao46
12/25/17

The thing about this program is that it will tell you there are no viruses when you can clearly see there are. Then they ask you to upgrade....to what? To paying them for it not work most of the time and be asked to upgrade again and pay more? Either your program works or it doesn't.

toms393
12/24/17

Malwarebytes falsely identified five files as "Generic/Suspicious." I am unable to restore the files from the quarantine.

Tip for consumers: Do not use Malwarebytes, it falsely identifies files as suspicious. I was on a trial of the full version, which does not allow restore from quarantine. So the program effectively deleted the files irreparably.

williamb253
12/4/17

I've been using the premium version for a couple of years and I used to like it. Now comes the time for it to renew and one of my licenses is hidden from my account so I can't make any credit card or address changes. Malwarebytes is of no help and they only passed the buck to Cleverbridge who can't help me because they don't show that license either.

I suspect somebody at MB screwed up and deleted it from my account and are now covering it up, but they didn't seem to have a problem renewing it when I wanted to cancel the auto renew.

I'm looking to dump MB permanently and do not recommend anybody get the premium version if the company cannot fix their internal issues first. I'm already put them on notice. They stink!!!

michaela60
11/26/17

I had it for almost 9 month.Last week I got malware that ruined my pc (blue screen),
while my premium malwarebyte was running.I do not recommend it.

Michael

charlesd138
10/26/17

No customers service. No 1-800 number a human to talk with. If you have an issue they do nothing. The product sucks and really conflicted with other programs on my computer. I have to remove it from my computer 2 weeks after purchasing it. Also 1 year later they automatically bill your credit card for a 2nd year then they fight you when you ask for your money back. A very terrible company and product! Charles

leanettet
10/12/17

Downloaded this mainly to remove the bs comet.yahoo extension malware. Absolute joke. Sure it scans, the same as any other "malware" software, but basically ends there. Only allowing a quarantine of alleged infections or warning, but won't activate the actual Web protection until actual purchase. Sorry, but I'm not forking over $40 for a scape ghost scan/protection "sampler". Show me that it actually works, and THEN maybe I'll purchase.

peterd160
10/8/17

Ich habe den Support von Maöwarebytes schon zweimal kontaktiert, keine Antwort erhalten. Ich habe eine Ersatz Seriennummer anfordern müssen, da die Erste nach der Installation nicht mehr gültig war.

markl270
9/25/17

I have a legacy license which never expires. Several days ago, my old computer crashed. Malwarebytes refuses to activate the license on the new one.I've contacted tech support via email several times, but all they do is issue ticket numbers and never respond with "how to" or other instructions. They respond with total silence.

andreaj63
9/22/17

I'm angry because this incredible product is annoying the piss out of me. EVERYDAY i have to click on a pop up that I don't want to upgrade. It should remember this and not constantly ask me upon every start up. I'm uninstalling this product and looking for an alternative, which pisses me off more because of how good the product is.

tonyh107
9/12/17

I was using the free version which allows you to scan your Mac on command. I decided buy for $40 annual fee the full automatic scanning version. Don't do it!! A process called RTProtectionDaemon will suck up your machine. Many folks have this problem. Hard to imagine the even tested this. I took me a while but I finally got it uninstalled. (You have to download the install package - inside you have an uninstall choice. Bad product.

As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.

By William S.

If you get an email eluding to something you've done on your computer, then YES. If you have Windows, go to task manager, go to the Processes tab and read every line. Look for a suspicious process (unsigned) running on your computer. Google Search anything you don't understand, or are unfamiliar with.

By Nan M.

MalwareBytes is installing Windows 10 files in to incompatible Systems. If you HAVE Windows 10, and still get hosed, please let me know. Thanks. Nan

By Nan M.

RE: my previous question. i checked again and my Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 states on the icon "Its disabled.".....

By Suzanne S.

Download=Malwarebytes anti-rootkit remover and run it once it clears the infection install=Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit -powerlinks infection is a powerful trojan not easy to remove.

By duncan l.

I had all the similar problems as you 2 years ago, the company was going through a complete change over, don't drop this company as they are the tops in the country for what they do, I can send you the company Techs e-mails to me that walked me through the very same problems and she fixed it, yea, I know, been to the "India" thing too, you don't need to go there trust me on that one, stay clear of that. if you want that fix, here's my e-mail address and give me yours plus your exact problem and I'll send you the very same e-mails I got that got me all squared away, I've had no problems for 2 years now. my e-mail is tonydeleano@cox.net I'll see if I can help you.

By tony d.

Questions? Get answers from the Malwarebytes staff and other customers.

Malwarebytes?