Malwarebytes.org reviews

Tel: +1.4088524336
domains@malwarebytes.org

williamb253
12/4/17

I've been using the premium version for a couple of years and I used to like it. Now comes the time for it to renew and one of my licenses is hidden from my account so I can't make any credit card or address changes. Malwarebytes is of no help and they only passed the buck to Cleverbridge who can't help me because they don't show that license either.

I suspect somebody at MB screwed up and deleted it from my account and are now covering it up, but they didn't seem to have a problem renewing it when I wanted to cancel the auto renew.

I'm looking to dump MB permanently and do not recommend anybody get the premium version if the company cannot fix their internal issues first. I'm already put them on notice. They stink!!!

michaela60
11/26/17

I had it for almost 9 month.Last week I got malware that ruined my pc (blue screen),
while my premium malwarebyte was running.I do not recommend it.

Michael

charlesd138
10/26/17

No customers service. No 1-800 number a human to talk with. If you have an issue they do nothing. The product sucks and really conflicted with other programs on my computer. I have to remove it from my computer 2 weeks after purchasing it. Also 1 year later they automatically bill your credit card for a 2nd year then they fight you when you ask for your money back. A very terrible company and product! Charles

leanettet
10/12/17

Downloaded this mainly to remove the bs comet.yahoo extension malware. Absolute joke. Sure it scans, the same as any other "malware" software, but basically ends there. Only allowing a quarantine of alleged infections or warning, but won't activate the actual Web protection until actual purchase. Sorry, but I'm not forking over $40 for a scape ghost scan/protection "sampler". Show me that it actually works, and THEN maybe I'll purchase.

peterd160
10/8/17

Ich habe den Support von Maöwarebytes schon zweimal kontaktiert, keine Antwort erhalten. Ich habe eine Ersatz Seriennummer anfordern müssen, da die Erste nach der Installation nicht mehr gültig war.

markl270
9/25/17

I have a legacy license which never expires. Several days ago, my old computer crashed. Malwarebytes refuses to activate the license on the new one.I've contacted tech support via email several times, but all they do is issue ticket numbers and never respond with "how to" or other instructions. They respond with total silence.

andreaj63
9/22/17

I'm angry because this incredible product is annoying the piss out of me. EVERYDAY i have to click on a pop up that I don't want to upgrade. It should remember this and not constantly ask me upon every start up. I'm uninstalling this product and looking for an alternative, which pisses me off more because of how good the product is.

tonyh107
9/12/17

I was using the free version which allows you to scan your Mac on command. I decided buy for $40 annual fee the full automatic scanning version. Don't do it!! A process called RTProtectionDaemon will suck up your machine. Many folks have this problem. Hard to imagine the even tested this. I took me a while but I finally got it uninstalled. (You have to download the install package - inside you have an uninstall choice. Bad product.

dont194
8/24/17

The only customer service that Malwarebytes has is through emails. So when you get instructions, which can take days to get, they left out important details. So you have to email them again, and again you might have to wait days. They lose information they request, and you sent, and they ask for the same info again. Again more time lost waiting for emails. When you start with a problem, they give you a ticket number. After 3-10 days, they give you a new ticket number. Lots of the information that they ask for, you send them, but it gets lost with the old ticket number. When you refer them to the old ticket number, they say it is lost, and you have to start over, often with a new person responding to your emails. I understand from other reviews, that you cant get your money back. Find an antivirus or antimalware that has REAL customer service.

stuarth36
8/24/17

Having just got a MacBook Pro I was keen to prevent any issues so I had two options in mind for Malware/Adware detection and prevention plus if the software provided further protection that's a bonus. The options were Malwarebytes (£29.99 for a licence) and Sophos for Mac home (free). I have used Sophos in the past so this was a strong contender. I had a question regarding Malwarebytes so enquired via their online service and I was told to use different contact information, fair enough but in the meantime I decided to try the Sophos product for now as a complete solution.

ronj52
8/6/17

The Malwarebytes application would not load on my Mac OS 10.12. NO REFUND? No phone, no customer service. They just take your money and provide no service.
do not let them scam you.

adriank29
7/6/17

It's intrusive, is downloaded with something else and causes havoc with my existing antivirus software. It is the very worst in product business practice and I would not trust it at all.

johns1810
6/27/17

I love Malwarebytes and would recommend it to anyone, with one caveat. This otherwise fine software has a chronic HORRIBLE problem with a BROKEN NOTIFICATION mechanism that causes popups to appear constantly, even when your version of the app is completely up-to-date. If, as I do, you need to do screen capture videos, this will ruin you work. Contrary to assurances on the Malwarebytes website IT CANNOT BE CONFIGURED. A very sad defect in an otherwise nice product. Buyer beware.

claudew16
Claude W.
6/26/17

I'm being double billed every year. I'm paying $24.95 for my old version, and $39.95 for version 3.1.2.1733. No phone number listed for Malwarebytes, and no email to send to.

johnw655
5/14/17

I have been using Malwarebytes for years. Used the free version for quite a few years,always with either Norton or MacFee. Put the free version on over 50 different laptops and desktops in my clients compters. Woried just fine for us.
I am running Norton Security Deluxe 2017 with Latest Malware bytes. Work great together. My Malware was just like Norton, both upgraded the older to the newer with no interaction from me.
I highly recommend this product.

richardf95
5/6/17

I purchased this software for three different computers and it didn't work on any of them.It would install just fine, but then I would reboot the computer and there was no tray icon for the program. If I tried to launch the software from the start menu and nothing happened. I emailed support and got no response. Then I posted on the forums and they wanted me to jump through all these hoops to try and get it to work. I had to use all sorts of tools and programs to generate various logs. And then when I would send them the logs they simply ignored me. I paid almost $150 for this software and when someone finally got back to me they claimed it must be specific to my computer. That simply didn't make sense. The same exact issue on three different computers? It wasn't until I filed a dispute with my credit card company that they finally paid attention, but by then I was done. It's sad what happened to this company. There are plenty of alternatives out there now to protect you against malware, viruses, etc. I purchased WebRoot for only $20. I can use it on three different computers. My credit card company gave me full credits for the disputes I filed. Malwarebytes then asked me if I would consider helping them determine what the issue was by providing me with a free year of service. I told them no way. To me, this confirms they know their are bugs in their software. Do not purchase this software. There are so many alternatives that are so much cheaper. Sorry Malwarebytes, you don't own the market anymore.

dominicg
5/1/17

I have been aware of Malwarebytes for ages and I bought premium version. The latest upgrade brought up some false positives for normal programmes. I saw a review on youtube where they offered less realtime protection than Zemana (newer company from Turkey). When there was less competition seemed to be better product.

georgel98
4/24/17

I have pre-paid Premium version for a two year period.
what I dislike (read - HATE) is the fact that when I end up on a website that they deemed "unsafe", I have to jump through loops and hoops to give myself access to that site since I know for a fact that is safe!!
All we need is button that after a warning, allows us to continue to that website because that what we want not prevent us regardless because that what you think needs to happen!
Overall the paid version is ok. Would I renew my subscription? NO WAY IN HELL!

missig1
4/18/17

full 2 weeks before my premium expired, they were constantly bombarding me with notices to renew - I did not want before it was time, not to loose the 2 weeks - so they switched off features such as updating, scans, and who knows what else - eventually I had to download a free version for 2 weeks (they promise a 30 day trial period! but get only 14 days!!! - an other one contravening the trade description act!!!) to be protected;
needless to say am now buying an other make! I'd give it zero if I could.

perrys22
4/4/17

Your program vanish from my computer,and it seems I can not get it back.I called your number and emailed as well.No response

brianh205
3/23/17

When I purchased Malwarebytes years ago, I was led to believe it was good for my lifetime. Over the years, I've been prompted to update the s/w version, which until today went without a hitch. Today, it is asking for my license key after installing over the previous version. Would it have been too hard to warn me I would need the key before hand? And besides, how many people keep a s/w key from 10 years ago? So, basically I'm being cheated out of my lifetime purchase. I will never use Malwarebytes again and would not recommend it to anyone.

westleyc1
3/18/17

I used to like Malwarebytes Anti-malware and recommended it to clients. After finding out that they removed Iobit Advanced Systemcare 10.2 from my computer since they seem to think that it is a PUP. I removed MBAM from my pc and am not going to recommend their product to my clients anymore unless they fix their mistake. I trust Iobit and use several of their products. Malwarebytes is no-longer trustworthy. It piss's me off that their software which I still have a Premier membership for at least 140 something days is now useless. Buyer Beware!

cheryla47
3/16/17

Has become a problem product. Protection layers always shutting off. The worst thing they did was to eliminate the free standing product (discs). When I installed the discs, I had no problem, but since using the up-to-date version from download, I have had nothing but problems. Tech support suggests things, but it doesn't resolve issues.

agnesc10
3/2/17

I thought this program was to protect your internet instead it is messing up my Microsoft Word and XCEL

wallyy
2/23/17

Have had problems, and all they send is general BS. No help what so ever to date ( about two weeks) so if you are having problems don't count on any support and they really charge your account about as quick as you send it.

As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.

By William S.

RE: my previous question. i checked again and my Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 states on the icon "Its disabled.".....

By Suzanne S.

Download=Malwarebytes anti-rootkit remover and run it once it clears the infection install=Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit -powerlinks infection is a powerful trojan not easy to remove.

By duncan l.

I had all the similar problems as you 2 years ago, the company was going through a complete change over, don't drop this company as they are the tops in the country for what they do, I can send you the company Techs e-mails to me that walked me through the very same problems and she fixed it, yea, I know, been to the "India" thing too, you don't need to go there trust me on that one, stay clear of that. if you want that fix, here's my e-mail address and give me yours plus your exact problem and I'll send you the very same e-mails I got that got me all squared away, I've had no problems for 2 years now. my e-mail is tonydeleano@cox.net I'll see if I can help you.

By tony d.
Questions? Get answers from the Malwarebytes.org staff and other customers.

Malwarebytes.org?