Review of Malwarebytes

Tel: +1 800-520-2796
policies@malwarebytes.org

tonyd32
7/12/14

I've looked at the other reviews on this page,and it would seem none f those people have gotten the latest download from "Melwarebytes" and I'm referring to this year 2014 not 2013. I've tried to load it 6 times so far on my brand new HP Envy computer and all I get is a drop down window that says the program is not responding,and windows will try and resolve the issue, which of course it never does. In my opinion, save your money and your time don't be fooled in to buying this piece of crap,cause the latest version may well not ever work on your computer. I complained to the company about why did they issue an up dte to my existing program without checking it out first, all they did was send me all kinds of links to go to to try and resolve the issue of it not working,I can see they don't even know!! Had a tech from their company,took control of the computer from India, in an attempt to fix it, wason my computer 2.5 hours, never was able to make the program run/work, and this is where this company comes from no less, give me a break ! He only ended up installing the older version I had on there a year prior and that too finally too bite the dust, weel you have been fore warned.!

josha17
12/13/13

Excellent free Anti-Virus Software! Malwarebytes.org and Avast.com are about the best free anti-virus softwares you can get would highly recomend both!

ultimasoulnix
12/10/13

it is the best anti-malware i had ever used. it is useful for checking a downloaded file before opening, and it works well; i recommend it to anyone that is needing an anti-malware program.

techyf
11/4/13

Awesome site with great software...

johnd101
10/6/13

This program is fantastic but it is for MALWARE only and NOT intended to be an anti virus program. It is reliable, works in conjunction with my antivirus program, and has saved me from many potentially malicious "Malware" attempts. You would be shocked at how many there actually are. It also detects "Adware" that is suspicious, informs you, and quarantines it. You can review this "Adware" in the Malwarebytes program and either keep it or discard it.
This program is user friendly and was recommended by a friend who works for Dell. Lastly, if you want something that it blocks, you can add whatever you want to the allow list. Read about it at Cnet.com. If you want real time protection, you need the Pro version which costs about $25-$30. The free version simply lets you scan for malware after the fact.

zoij
6/23/13

The program is not a virus. It is truely a legit website and will help clean your computer from the fake ICE virus.

geris9
6/18/13

I have always had Malware Bytes However as of recent the product does not work in spite of purchasing the PRO. The support services are deficient to say the least. Customer service does not know anything about the product. Only email support is available unless you pay 110.00. So they stop the product from working to enable purchase of there premium services. Very disappointing.

marleya2
4/9/13

I stumbled across malwarebytes just under a year ago and i have kept it on my computer/friend's computers and my family's computer since. They program is easy to use and update and it really cleans your computer of all malicious programs.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great free anti-malware program that does a great job.

marting15
12/12/12

Malwarebytes is a site that offers Anti-Malware software for cleaning up those little nasties that creep through. I have used the Free version of this software and always seems to get the PC running smoothly again after any hiccups.

janew12
9/11/11

What a lifesaver, or at least a computer saver! It found errors that Norton and McAfee could not identify. And it i FREE!

bobw14
8/19/11

One of the best anti virus software. Very easy to use and it's free!

waylands
8/2/11
arunw
7/27/11

The Best Anti-Malware ever Made! Themegastar1 Attackbot Rating- 10/10.

ianm11
6/18/11

I have never had a problem with Malwarebytes'. It is fantastic and will run in addition to other antivirus software. Malwarebytes' helps eliminate spyware and malware that often antivirus programs don't pick up. The free version is an on-demand program which means it doesn't provide live protection like Norton and Trend-Micro. In saying this, it won't stop malware from getting onto your computer but will remove it once you scan your computer. On-demand software such as the free versions of Malwarebytes' and SuperAntiSpyware are compatible with live programs such as the ones mentioned above.

huzaifaa
6/9/11

It is really a great software. Helped me a lot saving my PC from future crashes.

nickl6
4/25/11

Easily the most functional and helpful PC protection program on the net that offers a free version. The free version includes a full and quick scan, while the paid version offers a flash scan.

My Dell laptop recently encountered malware which prompted me to buy bogus virus removal software in order to get rid of it. Obviously this malware was a scam, as I could not even open my task manager. So I opened up Malwarebytes Anti-malware, let it run a full scan, and voila - I had complete control of my laptop again.

This has saved me a number of times, and I definitely recommend it.

timc11
4/2/11
timothyh2
1/20/11

Malware (from the latin "mal", meaning bad) is a pain to find and get rid of. Malware Bytes is another free utility (you can buy a version if you want).

Lovely software you should have in your arsenal.

jacobn
1/8/11

I've noticed there's a good amount of misinformation on this website. (sitejabber) If you don't know, don't spout out false information, you'll end up confusing people.

Anyways, Malwarebytes is a great bit of spyware, adware, malware, etc removal software. It is not an anti-virus program and does not provide real time protection. You actually run at a higher risk by not having real time protection. And no, it will not compete with other removal software like stated above. You're thinking of anti-virus software. (AVG, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, Avast, etc)

Malwarebytes is quick to install and is actually really quick when you perform a quick scan. It does find quite a bit of infections, however it does not fix everything. I've had quite a few cases where Malwarebytes, by itself, could not remove an infection. Though these computers were badly infected and required a multitude of software to clean everything. However, because it is a quick program to run, I usually install and run this program first, in my cleanup process.

This is a must have program for anyone that needs to clean their system, and of course for any computer technician. If anyone has any questions, feel free to comment on this review.

sophien
11/13/10

Malwarebytes is my favorite free anti-virus software. Norton and McAfee and AVG all slowed down my computer, and I always feel like they are trying to sell me stuff I don't need. Malwarebytes is really simple. I run it once a week and it keeps my computer clean!

Here is the CNET review http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

armenb
11/5/09

I have downloaded and have being using the free version of it. Compare to a seweral other malware removers I have tried this finaly worked for me.

Please make sure that no other malware remover programms are on your computer, because in general they 'compete' with each other.

Before installing this one I uninstalled all the others by using the Control Panel. Unfortunatelly one of them the CA Internet Security Suite which I downloaded for free being Optonline.net costumer gave me very hard time. This is a long story thou.

As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.

By William S.

If you get an email eluding to something you've done on your computer, then YES. If you have Windows, go to task manager, go to the Processes tab and read every line. Look for a suspicious process (unsigned) running on your computer. Google Search anything you don't understand, or are unfamiliar with.

By Nan M.

MalwareBytes is installing Windows 10 files in to incompatible Systems. If you HAVE Windows 10, and still get hosed, please let me know. Thanks. Nan

By Nan M.

RE: my previous question. i checked again and my Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 states on the icon "Its disabled.".....

By Suzanne S.

Download=Malwarebytes anti-rootkit remover and run it once it clears the infection install=Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit -powerlinks infection is a powerful trojan not easy to remove.

By duncan l.

I had all the similar problems as you 2 years ago, the company was going through a complete change over, don't drop this company as they are the tops in the country for what they do, I can send you the company Techs e-mails to me that walked me through the very same problems and she fixed it, yea, I know, been to the "India" thing too, you don't need to go there trust me on that one, stay clear of that. if you want that fix, here's my e-mail address and give me yours plus your exact problem and I'll send you the very same e-mails I got that got me all squared away, I've had no problems for 2 years now. my e-mail is tonydeleano@cox.net I'll see if I can help you.

By tony d.

Questions? Get answers from the Malwarebytes staff and other customers.

Malwarebytes?