Review of MakeSpace

support@makespace.com

seijic
8/1/18

Really bad service.

Difficult to work with, demanding paperwork, and they destroyed quite a bit of my stuff. Glassware, which I understand. But they also shattered a light fixture when they delivered it (banging into the wall) and dragged all the bins on our brand new wood floors, scratching the hell out of those.

Anytime you reach out to them, they respond "Please note that, as per our Terms of Service, you agreed to 'waive all rights and claims against MakeSpace should your fragile stuff break or other be damaged.'"

If you care about your things, stay away.

shawnh46
12/4/17

I have been in a Public Storage unit for over a year now, here in Los Angeles, that increases the price by $30 every 6 months. I was so happy to find MakeSpace. The process was very easy. But, what impressed me the most was the way they wrapped and handled my belongings during the moving process. I received e-mail updates during the move and I love how they upload the pics of your belongings onto the app. Im now saving $73/Month. Best storage decision Ive ever made.

karens162
8/17/17
• Updated review

My items were mishandled and broken. Perhaps an unhappy employee?? YOU must submit the website of where you purchased the broken/damaged item in order to be reimbursed. You have 30 days to do so. MakeSpace did process my damage claim quickly.

Tip for consumers: They have a good idea with this business, just need the right workers. Be wary of the BIG item extra fees!!

“They will overcharge you for storage space.”
5/29/17
• Previous review

They delivered the boxes to be pre-packed on time. I moved from a 1 BR 750 sq2 apartment. Their final cubic foot estimate of 10'x20' storage locker is exaggerated. By their own estimates a 10'x20' area would fit a 3BR with household applicances. I sold my couch and bicycles to mimimize storage space. I have no major kitchen appliances. I have a platform bed with headboard and mattress, large dresser and an IKEA desk. For the most part most of the items were boxes. You will get cloud photos of your items wrapped and cataloed, but not photos of how your items are stacked or stored in their facility. I question this, as proof of how your items are stored would back up what they are saying. My quote of $179 just ballooned to $400 plus dollars. Their movers are polite and very professional. They do send email reminders of pick up and delivery dates. I would NOT recommend this service unless they start supplying customers with finished product, ie., photos of items placed in their final storage place.

Tip for consumers: Go with the other storage facilities. Their original price quotes are closer to what you will be actuall charged.

Questions? Get answers from the MakeSpace staff and other customers.

10 Photos for MakeSpace