Review of LocalFlavor

Tel: +1-732-543-0171
contactus@localflavor.com

daisyd33
5/1/19

These folks service is horrible. There is a customer service phone number that they never answer. If you email an issue, per policy they will get back with you within 48hrs... not true more like a week. They totally ignore your issue and go straight to the script email they send out whether it pertains to your issue or not. So not worth dealing with.

carlm163
4/25/19

I purchased car wash coupons and when I went to use them the car wash would not accept them. Tried to contact customer support via the phone number given and all I could do is leave a message with my email address. No joy with these guys. Beware!!!!

elaineb163
4/24/19

Local Flavor deserves each and every one of the poor, poor, poor, poor reviews that have been posted about them!!!!!!!

I purchased three Local Flavor certificates for a pizza restaurant I really like. One was to expire at the end of this month and the other two sometime in the future. I learned that the restaurant was temporarily closed due to do some remodeling and would not be open until after one of my certificates expired. I left several voicemail messages and never had a call back. I sent them an email and explained the situation and indicated that I had 3 certificates for the restaurant and that I wanted to get my money back for ONE of the certificates....the one expiring during the time the restaurant was going to be closed. The idiot CANCELLED all 3 of the certificates! I blew a gasket and explained that THEY had obviously had not read my email asking them to refund me for just the one certificate and that since it was THEIR error, I needed the other 2 certificates re-instated. The representative (Jackie K.) became quite rude in our communications and told me that once cancelled they cannot reinstate a certificate and I will need to buy new ones. Unfortunately the restaurant is no longer selling them because they have had nothing but problems dealing with Local Flavor, so I am SOL. I will NEVER buy from them again.

sido3
4/20/19

Certificates don't work - you will be wasting your money. Don't both calling them since they do not answer the phone and take a long time to respond by email.

Tip for consumers: GO ELSEWHERE

cjj42
4/20/19

Certificates are NO GOOD. customer service representatives are stupid monkeys that can't properly resolve things. I will never use this company again.

deceivedo
4/20/19

CERTIFICATES ARE NO GOOD. THEY DON'T REFUND. CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE DUMB AS MUD. THEY ACTUALLY TOLD ME THEY ARE DOING A "one-time courtesy" BY GIVING ME A CREDIT FOR FUTURE USE THAT I WILL NEVER USE.

sds11
4/20/19

Terrible company. Went to merchant who said they no longer honor Local Flavor certificates. Had to pay expensive full price since we made plans & the distance to get there. Customer service takes a week just to respond. Then they want to give me a Local Flavor credit. I refused credit. They said since the credit card I initially used is no longer active they I can only get this credit. The representatives are rude & ignorant. They also respond without even reading the entire message. They'll be out of business soon hopefully.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!

cynthiaw214
3/28/19

I use Groupon, Living Social and up until today, Local Flavor. While they all have some issues, Local Flavor is by far the worst. I'm certain they are not long to remain in business given how horrible they are to both merchants, apparently, and to customers. They continue to promote the sale of vouchers to OUT OF BUSINESS merchants. They make it near impossible to get refunds. They are terrible. Do yourself a favor and don't use them.

vc53
3/26/19

I have tried calling, emailing without any response. Phone calls always claim higher than normal call volume and to leave a message which they do not return. I think I wasted my money and time.

teresah195
2/22/19

Went to use a certificate for Popeyes and they refused it, saying they don't receive their money from LocalFlavor so they stopped taking them. LocalFlavor is taking forever to get back to me!!!

peterc389
1/23/19

I was going to use my food certificate and saw that the business was closed for business. It was well within my expiration date so I let them know I wanted a refund or credit to purchase another certificate. Local Flavor did not give me a refund or credit, just silence... no response. Thanks for nothing Local Flavor and Groupon (I believe they are part of the same company) very bad customer service, some would say robbery.

kathys457
1/8/19

Bought an offer for cookie factory that expired in December went to use it and was told they were not accepting them when I contacted local flavor I was told that Christmas was considered an event or promotion so I was not eligible for a refund since when is Christmas a promotion or event it is a bakery all year it sells baked goods nothing special about that,,use groupon they honor their vouchers

scotta184
12/12/18

If anything goes wrong, there's no one to contact. Waited on hold for 45 minutes and then it went to voice mail.every time I call back it goes right to voicemail. I have 2 certificates and the restaurant is out of business. No way to get my money back

nicolej134
11/26/18

So we started local flavor to advertise our business. At first we thought it was great except the fact that they sold hundreds of vouchers and we are giving free product away left and right without any payment. This was totally a sneaky tactic on their end and it makes businesses look bad. If you are a customer please if you love a business just support them. Chances are they want exposure and being ripped off by this company.

amberk57
11/12/18

I had a 10$ credit on the site, so I put that into my purchase of a 15$ certificate. When I was checking out the site said 5$ would come off my debit card and 10$ would be applied from my credits, so I checked out. I used the certificate and then a few days later the company charged me the whole 15$. They told me they could not refund the 10$ even though I clearly had the credits on the site, and explained to me how it is my fault, that I must have used the credits wrong. Considering there is a button that you press that says to add all of your credits, to the purchase I am baffled that they think I could have gotten this process wrong. Keep your site credits, I will never use this company again.

darrenr51
11/2/18

I recently advertised with Local Flavor, and My company is know for its honesty and affordable prices. and we definitely will honor coupons. But the problem is, This company claims they send out 350,000 mags a month with my ad in it. You would think i would get a few calls, Especially having one of the best deals for the service i provide. But I spent $2000 and got a big fat $0 of sales. dont waste money or time with this company.

vickil86
9/17/18

Purchased a coupon and the business refused to honor it. Not only am I out the money I paid but also an hour's worth of driving time.

maryp425
9/17/18

I bought 3 certificates from businesses that DO NOT EXIST!! These businesses are closed down. I'm trying to contact them. They aren't responding to my emails. I have to go to my bank and dispute charges on my credit card.

sheilam163
9/13/18

I purchased three certificates. I went to restaurant, they refused to honor it. I'm out $45.00 Trying to deal with Groupon now...

ninar51
9/13/18

I tried numerous times to reach customer service about a certificate purchased.
Tried via phone, nobody picked up the call, email, nobody replied, online chat, always off line.
Will never purchase anything from them again.

jamesm1420
9/8/18

I Purchased a certificate on their site. The Business refused to honor the certificate.I called customer service more then 10 times its straight go to voice massage.. I lose my money

shannons218
8/16/18

I Purchased a certificate on their site. The Business refused to honor the certificate. I tried contacting local flavor which was a complete joke! Do not purchase from this site!

sethn22
8/3/18

I have called twice now and no one picks up. After about 15 minutes they make you leave a message and then email you a "No".

Tried to go to a restaurant and a sign said not during happy hour. Drove an hour to get there. Place was bad and asked for a CREDIT, not even a refund. Said NO, of course, why be customer friendly?

This won't last when they do business this way! That's what we all get by trying to save a few bucks.

kimberlyi13
6/24/18

I was worried with all of the bad reviews that this company would be a scam so I contacted the merchant to ensure they accepted these coupons and they did. The process was simple, easy, and a great deal!

johnnyl47
6/7/18

Bought vouchers and could not get legitimate refunds.

Filed a complaint with the State of Maryland mediation, that failed, but it got them on the Attorney General's watchlist.

Got all my money back through AMEX charge dispute.

The number they have is bs as the whole company is. Most merchants say they were tricked and claim they get nothing. This is why merchants often are refusing these vouchers also. Have fun trying to get refund on anything. They were decent early in but not now. Stay clear of anything with these guys...

By Daniel P.

Questions? Get answers from the LocalFlavor staff and other customers.

5 Photos for LocalFlavor