Review of LocalFlavor

Tel: +1-732-543-0171
contactus@localflavor.com

teresah195
2/22/19

Went to use a certificate for Popeyes and they refused it, saying they don't receive their money from LocalFlavor so they stopped taking them. LocalFlavor is taking forever to get back to me!!!

peterc389
1/23/19

I was going to use my food certificate and saw that the business was closed for business. It was well within my expiration date so I let them know I wanted a refund or credit to purchase another certificate. Local Flavor did not give me a refund or credit, just silence... no response. Thanks for nothing Local Flavor and Groupon (I believe they are part of the same company) very bad customer service, some would say robbery.

kathys457
1/8/19

Bought an offer for cookie factory that expired in December went to use it and was told they were not accepting them when I contacted local flavor I was told that Christmas was considered an event or promotion so I was not eligible for a refund since when is Christmas a promotion or event it is a bakery all year it sells baked goods nothing special about that,,use groupon they honor their vouchers

scotta184
12/12/18

If anything goes wrong, there's no one to contact. Waited on hold for 45 minutes and then it went to voice mail.every time I call back it goes right to voicemail. I have 2 certificates and the restaurant is out of business. No way to get my money back

nicolej134
11/26/18

So we started local flavor to advertise our business. At first we thought it was great except the fact that they sold hundreds of vouchers and we are giving free product away left and right without any payment. This was totally a sneaky tactic on their end and it makes businesses look bad. If you are a customer please if you love a business just support them. Chances are they want exposure and being ripped off by this company.

amberk57
11/12/18

I had a 10$ credit on the site, so I put that into my purchase of a 15$ certificate. When I was checking out the site said 5$ would come off my debit card and 10$ would be applied from my credits, so I checked out. I used the certificate and then a few days later the company charged me the whole 15$. They told me they could not refund the 10$ even though I clearly had the credits on the site, and explained to me how it is my fault, that I must have used the credits wrong. Considering there is a button that you press that says to add all of your credits, to the purchase I am baffled that they think I could have gotten this process wrong. Keep your site credits, I will never use this company again.

darrenr51
11/2/18

I recently advertised with Local Flavor, and My company is know for its honesty and affordable prices. and we definitely will honor coupons. But the problem is, This company claims they send out 350,000 mags a month with my ad in it. You would think i would get a few calls, Especially having one of the best deals for the service i provide. But I spent $2000 and got a big fat $0 of sales. dont waste money or time with this company.

vickil86
9/17/18

Purchased a coupon and the business refused to honor it. Not only am I out the money I paid but also an hour's worth of driving time.

maryp425
9/17/18

I bought 3 certificates from businesses that DO NOT EXIST!! These businesses are closed down. I'm trying to contact them. They aren't responding to my emails. I have to go to my bank and dispute charges on my credit card.

sheilam163
9/13/18

I purchased three certificates. I went to restaurant, they refused to honor it. I'm out $45.00 Trying to deal with Groupon now...

ninar51
9/13/18

I tried numerous times to reach customer service about a certificate purchased.
Tried via phone, nobody picked up the call, email, nobody replied, online chat, always off line.
Will never purchase anything from them again.

jamesm1420
9/8/18

I Purchased a certificate on their site. The Business refused to honor the certificate.I called customer service more then 10 times its straight go to voice massage.. I lose my money

shannons218
8/16/18

I Purchased a certificate on their site. The Business refused to honor the certificate. I tried contacting local flavor which was a complete joke! Do not purchase from this site!

sethn22
8/3/18

I have called twice now and no one picks up. After about 15 minutes they make you leave a message and then email you a "No".

Tried to go to a restaurant and a sign said not during happy hour. Drove an hour to get there. Place was bad and asked for a CREDIT, not even a refund. Said NO, of course, why be customer friendly?

This won't last when they do business this way! That's what we all get by trying to save a few bucks.

kimberlyi13
6/24/18

I was worried with all of the bad reviews that this company would be a scam so I contacted the merchant to ensure they accepted these coupons and they did. The process was simple, easy, and a great deal!

johnnyl47
6/7/18

Bought vouchers and could not get legitimate refunds.

Filed a complaint with the State of Maryland mediation, that failed, but it got them on the Attorney General's watchlist.

Got all my money back through AMEX charge dispute.

tracyl118
5/11/18

Merchant would not except coupon, Great food but was disappointed that 50% off coupon was not excepted. Said that it was Cinco De Mayo, there were no exclusions on the coupon nor any holiday specials, same menu as usual. Specifically went to this restaurant because of the offer.

debras212
4/24/18

SCAM DO NOT BUY FROM THIS MERCHANT!!!!! If your purchase expires you will NOT be refunded to purchase from another company!!!! What a SCAM!!!! They take your money and leave you left with nothing. They try to keep repeating that it states it in fine print. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Will never purchase from here again!!!!

janicel55
3/30/18

No problems with our vouchers... make sure you use them before expiration dates or you very well could have problems.. the rules are the rules

rossg17
2/6/18

If I don't check my credit card they would have double charged me.I will never use this service again. I am going to let Atlas Chicken know what they did also.
Ross

olds5
11/11/17

When we went to use the coupon one day after the purchase the merchant wouldnot honor it. He said he would give us a discount of what we paid but notthe coupon value. Problem was we had already ordered so didn't have many options. When we contacted LF said too bad you should not have let them use it. They said they could not discuss the issue because of client privacy. BS.....do not know whether the local subway in York or local flavor was at fault but will never use either again. Now I read all the negative reviews.

jefferyc14
11/10/17

SCAM DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!! WE DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS COMPANY TO SELL OUR COUPONS ON GROUPON!!! COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!!

marya766
9/22/17

I lost $140.00 sent several e-mails explaining why the merchants would not take my coupons CS did not do anything the reply I received from them did not work emailed them back and they did not do anything, yes I would be interested in trying to get my money back.
Mary

suea79
9/2/17

Month after month we receive the MINT MAGAZINE at our home, advertising coupons available for sale for POPPY'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT in Ponte Vedra and BEACHSIDE SEAFOOD in Jax Beach having LOCAL FLAVOR COUPONS or sale. We rush to purchase the day the magazine arrives, only to get the message that they are SOLD OUT!! I find it more than coincidence that even though we check off to notify us when they come available, we are NEVER notified, yet the next MINT MAGAZINE comes out with the same advertisement! Deceiving the public is what they are doing@@!!

gracey21
7/7/17

I paid $10 to purchase $20 of pool/ping pong play at Top Hat Cue Hall in Parkville, MD. I wasn't able to try to use it until after the expiration date. Even though I ended up dropping ~ $40 total for me and my friends to play, stupid woman worker there would not honor it; refused to give me $10 off. She kept insisting that I was supposed to go get $10 back from Local Flavor. Stupid $#*!.

I contacted Local Flavor and all they did was send me a 33 page pdf file. They said that the Federal Gift Card Act of 2009 is a Federal law in place stating that any voucher, coupon, et., is good for the original price from the Merchant even if expired within 5 years after the date of purchase; however, I can't find where it states that on the 33 page document and they won't tell me this.

The number they have is bs as the whole company is. Most merchants say they were tricked and claim they get nothing. This is why merchants often are refusing these vouchers also. Have fun trying to get refund on anything. They were decent early in but not now. Stay clear of anything with these guys...

By Daniel P.

Questions? Get answers from the LocalFlavor staff and other customers.

5 Photos for LocalFlavor