LiveCareer UK

2017 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

LiveCareer UK has a consumer rating of 4.65 stars from 182 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with LiveCareer UK most frequently mention customer service, cover letter and new job. LiveCareer UK ranks 9th among Career Advice sites.

• I received excellent customer service from Lenny and he helped me out considerably will speak to him next time I call.
  • 2017 Customer Choice Winner

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate LiveCareer UK?

“Duplicate account 2 charges”

Jacqueline W.
2/18/20

Do not use different emails you will be charged twice and check your subscriptions that's a huge charge. The company is very supportive if you make errors they will refund but in 14 days.

“Scam. Keep an eye on your credit card bill.”

Nicola L.
6/13/17

You get a free trial, which after 2 weeks auto renews at £16.95 per month. But when you go to their website you can actually have a FULL YEAR for £16.95. However, here's the stinger, if you've taken the free trial (like I assume most people do) then you automatically renew at £16.95 per MONTH and CAN NOT have a full year for £16.95. I went on live chat and cancelled as I didn't want to pay 12 times more than necessary, and it cancelled effective immediately, so didn't even give me the month I'd paid for! So I paid £16.95 for half a day. Be very careful!

customer service (19)
nicolal8
June 13th, 2017

You get a free trial, which after 2 weeks auto renews at £16.95 per month.

Be very careful!

Hi Nicola,
Thank you for your feedback about our product and for sharing your experience with our Customer Service.
We are very sorry that you received the wrong impression of our service and our subscription. We would respectfully like to clarify some information and provide you with the following guide which may clarify any doubts you may have regarding your account: Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume and cover-letter builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resumes and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free.
To be able to use all premium futures of the service we offer customer a 14 days access and we indicate up front that it will auto renew after the 14 days and that it can be canceled at any time. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. The Annual subscription option is a one time payment for the entire period, not a monthly payment. The sales page provides you with the amount that you will be paying on the annual subscription if you could pay it on a monthly basis.
If you have any additional concerns regarding your account feel free to contact us so we can provide you with further assistance.

chriss238
February 9th, 2015

I needed to write out a CV and decided to use the templates on this site. I spent half an hour filling in all the details. When I tried to print out my CV or send a copy to my email - I discovered this wasn't part of the free service and if I wanted to actually use the CV I just written out I would have to pay a subscription. Total scam. This site was a waste of time, don't use!

Don't

Hi Chris S.,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free.

We are very committed to providing great service and customer satisfaction. We take all feedback very seriously. It will forwarded to our Marketing team.

jacquelinew165
February 18th, 2020

yashirah2
Yashira H. – LiveCareer UK Rep

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and we regret to hear that you received two charges from us, we’d like to help you address your concern so you can have a great experience with us, Jacqueline.

Shortly, you will receive a direct message so we can look into what’s happening for you.

davem105
March 30th, 2015

They stole a bunch of money, I asked why they said that it was because of an automatic renewal that they claim is clearly posted all over their website. It's definitely not. Wouldn't give my money back. I told them that I would definitely warn people away from their website and that's what i'm doing. Their customer service is condescending and deceitful.

don't

Hi Dave M.,

I’m very sorry if you did not get the best customer service experience. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed to providing great service and customer satisfaction, and your feedback will be given to our Customer Service team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

kevins112
September 11th, 2015

This co. Has trading practices more akin to Del boy and Rodney than a reputable co. Shady billing no clarity avoid avoid avoid

Hi Kevin S.,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal upon purchase. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

tiffanys29
March 6th, 2015

I used Live Career to build my resume, at the end of that process it asked to pay a fee of $1.95 to print or download. The fine print said that after 14 days it would charge you monthly fees. A couple days after I got back on the site and cancelled the subscription. Thinking I had cancelled it I didn't think to check my account for it. I noticed they charged me for $39.80 for the month. I again went on and cancelled the subscription and watched my account the next month. Again, I was charged $39.80, I tried emailing and asking to unsubscribe me and to refund my money. After sending it in 4-5 times I still have not heard a reply. DO NOT USE THIS SITE IT'S A SCAM

Hi Tiffany S.

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that was billed and card holder’s name so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna. B@livecareer- support.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

ianc64
August 31st, 2016

I found that the editor was difficult to use due to conflicts. Site support was good though and I managed to work through this. However I would prefer to know there is a charge for the c.v. builder at the start rather than the end after entering all my information

Hi ian,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you were pleased with the assistance provided by Customer Service. We are committed on providing a great customer service, rest assured that you will receive a quality service from all our agents at LiveCareer.
Thanks for the feedback, it's very important for us.

desireev
November 22nd, 2014

LIVE CAREER ARE SCAMMERS! I used the site once, gave my credit card details for a ONE OFF payment and I have now realised that they have been charging me monthly for the last 7 months! I have contacted them 6 times through their email on the site and the enquiry forms and they still haven't responded to me!
I cancelled my account with them in April after I realised they took another payment AND I emailed them advising they did not have permission to deduct any more money TWICE! BUT they have CONTINUED to charge me even though I NEVER signed up to a subscription! No terms and conditions warning, no nothing! I have sent another email today advising to refund the money charged ILLEGALLY or ill be going to the authorities and I still haven't heard back. Ill give them one more day.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

Hi Desiree,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed.

Our record shows that the previous representative cancelled and refunded the $34.95 on November 21 via email. I also issued additional 4 full refunds of $34.95. You'll see it on your bank statement within 2-3 business days. I have also sent you a confirmation email for your records.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. Please contact me again directly if you have any further issues.

ii14
August 21st, 2014
Verified purchase

Hi i. I.,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We appreciate your feedback. We are very committed to providing great service and customer satisfaction, and your feedback will be given to our Marketing team.

jonj17
February 2nd, 2014

Avoid avoid avoid________a scam. They offer you free services, but secretly charge a monthly subscription. Business in the 21st century should be better than this!

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your comments.

The free account is the ability to try out the Resume Builder to get a feel for how it works, and see what it has to offer before deciding to purchase. At this time we offer free text (. Txt) download of your resume, but if you want to print a resume to bring to an interview, email your resume/cover letter, or download a professional looking resume then you do need a subscription.

Jon, regarding our monthly subscription -- we make every effort to let our subscribers know of this auto-renewing feature. We have it in print when you subscribe and we even e-mail you those details when we send your payment confirmation. We also inform you of the many ways for you to unsubscribe your accounts – either by telephone, live chat with a LiveCareer representative, or by e-mail. If you do not want to use any of our customer service options that we’ve listed, we also have a cancellation feature right on our website.

If you have any questions regarding your subscription our customer service team is available on our free phone number (44) 800-756-3741; representatives are available Monday-Sunday 9am - 9pm GMT or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: customerservice@livecareer.co.uk

cerim2
June 24th, 2017

Honestly great site, Easy to use and creates a very professional CV got to the end of creating and saw and that isn't bad but reading the small print you realise and then £16.95 a month from then on.

That is too much for just a CV but I imagine that some people would find great use out of the rest of the features on the site.

Spoke to customer service shortly after signing up to cancel, women I spoke to was very polite and canceled the subscription immediately for me. Very polite and efficient.

Hi Ceri,
Appreciate the 4 stars, Ceri! Happy customers make our days brighter. Thanks!

dias9
June 19th, 2017

I loved interacting with Denis some time back. Very patient and helpful. Showcased loads of patience in listening to my problem and provide the best possible solution.
Thanks Denis for all your patience and efforts to see me through this concern I had with my CV!

Hi Dia,
We are thrilled that you were delighted with how Denis was able to provide assistance to your request. We are committed to providing great customer service. Thank you so much for your awesome feedback!

markb366
March 11th, 2017

Had issues over billing, but was dealt with very proffesionaly and matter was resolved. Would recommend them again.

Hi Mark,
We are thrilled that you were pleased with our resolution about your request. We are committed to providing great customer service. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

claudiuv
April 7th, 2017

The platform itself is pretty good especially for pre-defined content to be added in a CV or Cover Letter. I used some of the content proposed. I had small problems with text format after generating the CV in pdf/doc format, the text doesn't always correctly fit in the expected format in all of the templates. Also I wish I had a broader variety of Templates. Anyway, it helped me serve my purpose, I generated a nice CV and Cover Letter.

As everybody below, I too forgot to cancel my subscription and got charged more for what I really used but upon chatting with Customer Service representative Marcos Sostre Figueroa, I managed to get a refund.
5 Stars for the Customer Service and 4 Stars for the platform itself.

Hi Claudiu,
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. We wish you the best in your job search.

sandrae130
October 29th, 2019

This was a very good service I used throughout the time I was applying for jobs as a new grad. The example templates as well as their various written samples for whatever job field you specialize in have made creating a resume so much easier for me, someone who struggles with job summaries. Whenever I had an issue the customer service rep was very kind and understanding, and also prompt to respond and resolve any problems. I would definitely recommend this service.

Hi Sandra,

We greatly appreciate you taking a moment to leave such a detailed review of your satisfaction with both our resume builder and our customer service! We absolutely love recommendations and thank you for sharing the positive feedback! We wish you all the best in your search!

michaelt152
July 30th, 2016

After completing my CV I was informed of a £2.95 fee for using the service and so i progressed carrying out the procedures into paying them and was met with a further bill of £18 per month and was angry as it just after giving my detials away it poped up. I went straight to the help button and got speaking to a employee named Edgar Rangel who was most helpfully and helped rectify the situation and was most polite! #givehimaraise

Hi Michael,
We strive to make our customers happy. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with Edgar. At LiveCareer, we take feedback seriously because it changes how we do things. In fact, we rely on it to continually improve our customers’ experience.

Best regards, LiveCareer

janetw79
March 17th, 2017

I am so pleased with the helpful professional service i have had from this company.
Friendly helpful staff to handle any query

Hi Janet,
Thank you so much for this review. We are thrilled that you were delighted with our Customer service and with how your request was handled. We are committed to providing great customer service. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important for us.

domantasm1
May 14th, 2019

It was very helpful, polite and just great experience, after chat I have a feeling that I would like to talk with that person again!

brandicew
Brandice W. – LiveCareer UK Rep

Domantas, thank you for sharing your positive experience! It warms us to know that we were able to provide you with such a warm interaction!

mateasg
June 14th, 2017

I had an issue with not cancelling the service used, therefore, after 6 months of stand by, not having used the service at all, I've still been charged money from my account.
Omar has been really helpfull, offered a refund for the last 2 charges and quickly canceled my subscription. Thanks for dealing quickly with my problem

Hi Mateas,

magdalenac3
July 5th, 2017

Very helpful online chat with a customer service representative, inquiry dealt with in a timely manner

Hi Magdalena.

We’re always thrilled to hear from happy customers. Thank you for sharing your experience! If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

harryd38
February 23rd, 2018

Hi Harry,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Lenny; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with just contact us.

jessicag281
August 21st, 2018

A quick and easy way to create and update your CV if your not as computer savvy or if you don't own a laptop, I created two Cvs and found a new job within days! The customer service when you call up is outstanding, very friendly & knowledgeable, I will recommend this company to anyone!

Hello, Jessica:

Thank you for trusting us with your resume, we’re happy to hear that is was as easy as 1, 2, 3! It’s great to hear that you’re pleased with your resume. We hope it makes all the difference in helping you get the job you desire.

dawnb89
April 12th, 2017

The way the templates pulled my information together into a professional format really showcases my skills and achievements in a way that has even given me more confidence in myself; I'd definitely hire me! I was dreading interviews but now I'm looking forward to them! Plus, the online assistance was invaluable for perfecting formatting.

Hi Dawn,
Thank you for that awesome feedback. It is great to know how pleased you are with our product and the hassle free experience that we provide. We strive to deliver to you what we do best. We wish you the best in your job search.

juliec135
March 15th, 2017

Brilliant site, so easy to create a really effective CV. Lots of tips and advice on what to write, can't fault it!

Hi Julie,

marthak26
April 3rd, 2017

I am glad I came across with this site! It help me to put all together a C.V. in a very professional matter, was very easy to follow up advises, and full of great ideas. Good price too, specially when on budget, I will advise all my friends, good job! Thank you.

Tip for consumers:
Good impression! value for money.

Hi Martha,
Thank you for that awesome feedback. It is great to know how you feel about our products and the pricing. We strive to deliver to you what we do best. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact us

Hello, Michael Thank you for contacting, Livecareer UK! We'll address any inquiry privately in order to find a proper solution, we kindly ask that you do not publish personal confidential information. When you can please contact our Customer Service Team directly so they can help you with anything related to your account or services. Contact Us: https://www.livecareer.co.uk/contact

By Yashira H.

Hello, Priya Thank you for reaching out with your question. Our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused, however, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. To explain, when users sign up for our 14-day trial offer, we're very transparent in disclosing all of the subscription policy in several areas starting from our sales page where our plans are displayed continuing to the payment confirmation page, and finally on your payment confirmation email as well. We hope that this helps and if you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need. Contact Us: customerservice@LiveCareer.com

By Yashira H.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Andrew! For the benefit of our users, we offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase, you may download a plain text version of your resume for free. We also, provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee, which gives you the ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters, but these features are NOT listed within the free account. If you want to avoid any recurring monthly charges simply cancel the account before the 14-day trial expired. Also, you may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectcv.co.uk Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN).

By Laura T., Social Media Specialist

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company. Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800. 189. 0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800. 005. 199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN). Hope this clears up any of your doubts. Thanks again!

By Samantha H.

Hi Madi. Thanks for getting in touch with us. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: Email us at customerservice@LiveCareer.com Over phone at 855-213-0348, Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 8 PM CST, Saturdays from 8 AM to 5 PM CST, and Sundays from 10 AM to 6PM CST By clicking on the Chat button on our website LiveCareer.com From your account- go to Settings>Subscription>Cancel (on the top right of your Home Page when you Login)

By Laura T., Social Media Specialist

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the LiveCareer UK staff and other customers.

The online CV builder that’s so easy to use!

From students or entry-level job-seekers to experienced leaders, our CV builder offers a fast and easy way to create a CV. With pre-written bullet point examples across several industries and recruiter-approved templates, Livecareer enables users to download a polished and professional resume in minutes.

Business History

Over the past 14 years, LiveCareer has helped more than 10 million job seekers, build stronger CVs, discover their career paths, interview with confidence, and boost their chances of finding the right job faster.

With our world-class CV and cover letter builders, professional writing services, interview tips, millions of job listings, and a convenient mobile app, LiveCareer is here for your job search and career management every step of the way.

Laura T.
Social Media Specialist
We've got live, friendly people standing by ready to help you. Just find the country-specific phone number below and give us a call. If you aren't able to phone in, please use chat or email to contact us. Whether it's a question about building your CV, getting the most out of our services, or managing your account, we're here to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LiveCareer UK?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.7
Have a question about LiveCareer UK?