Review of LifeLock

LifeLock reviews

Tel: 18004160599

brittanyp73
10/29/18

I got life lock for my children and myself because of fears of fraudulent attempts at our identity. Well for some reason they had problems taking the monthly "payment" for one of my children. So I fixed that and then changed my card thinking it was the card I had used. On my third payment I get an email saying that one of my accounts, the payment could not be taken. So I call that same day and spoke with agent who looked at my account and said everything was fine. Then five days later I receive a phone call from LifeLock saying that I still owe for one account. So I call the up right away and spoke to a lady who told me one of my accounts had not been paid. So I ask to speak to the supervisor and he told me first that my daughter's billing date was on the 29th when I knew that was not true because when I signed up my kids and I all had the same billing date on the 25th and then he changes it and tells me they tried to process her payment on the 25th and it did not go through so they tried again on the 29th. Moral of the story be careful who you trust. Not everyone's out to help you.

ilas2
10/22/18

From day one of getting life lock I have been trying too get into my account with no success!!! Called several times and gave them all my identification. I wrote down my password so I know it is correct, still they are telling me it is incorrect, I know it isn't. I want to cancel, but they won't let me. They want me to fax them my ID. I am very nervous about it. I am a senior citizen my income is limited, I don't know what too do. I think they deceive people if and when I do get into my account I WILL CANCEL them out. Never again will I deal with Life lock

johnm2256
8/23/18

I got LifeLock due to concerns for previous fraudulent charges on my account in the hopes there services would protect me. I was deeply mistaken. The setup is fairly simple with alert text messages if a charge is made passed a certain amount on any of accounts you register on their website. However, the accounts you register are not routinely monitored. What brought this up to my attention was when there was a fraudulent charge on my credit card since I check it routinely via my phone app. Simple enough to contact my credit card company to inform them, but I was surprised I had not heard from LifeLock. I logged into the app not noticed that none of my accounts were updated in the past month!

I contacted their customer service which was a terrible terrible experience to say the least. Over 40 minute wait time to even talk to someone, after which he was "unsure" why this happened. I then requested to cancel the services since there was nothing they were doing that I couldn't do on my own, not to mention I was better at looking at my credit card statement than their once a month way. The representative then said he had to transfer me to another department to cancel the services. After waiting over an hour and still not hearing back from the company, I finally hung up. I am going to cancel their services by having my credit card company decline their monthly charges because it is impossible to reach someone. I can only imagine how much worse it can be if I actually need legal advice from them or assistance to manage an identity theft.

This is a scam service. Please learn from my mistake, stay away from this company. You will only be wasting your money.

ln22
5/3/18

I HAD been a member for 3 years whenever I would recieve an Alert I could never talk to an agent. It's the same recording over & over they are having a high volume of calls doesn't matter what time or day same recording... Dont waste your money! Today I called 5 times on hold one of the times for 47 minutes I finally hung up called back 38 minutes on hold etc.... canceled my membership. Not sure what I was paying for?
They can't even answer my calls or explain why I got an alert. Someone is making money off a service they don't provide.

bernardc33
5/4/17

As a member of lifelock I had several attempts by ID thieves to obtain credit cards using my information. I called to speak to the agents there and was surprised that they had no clue as to what had happened. Don't they claim to be a protection against that sort of activities. They didn't inform me as to the attempts, in fact I informed them and asked them why they didn't know about these attempts and all they could say was that was that they were glad that I had informed them, which is why I thought I was paying them in the first place. I told them to cancel account and send me an email with a confirmation number. When I didn't receive the email I called back to ask again for the confirmation number. At this point they asked me security questions and told me that I didnt get the answers correct and could not access my account to even let me know they had honored my request. I informed the representative that I had in fact answered everything correctly, because who else would know my secret answers except for me. At that point she said that they get their information directly from the internet and as we all know, not everything on the Internet is factual or accurate. So if my information had been stolen and accounts created fraudulently, that would be the same information they would use to identify the real me. Does that make sense? Come on lifelock, is that how you protect your customers or is it to protect your job longevity by making people believe you are a legitimate service. Get real jobs and stop praying on the fears of decent people.

susieh3
4/24/15

Ok, I swear I don't work for Credit Karma. It's just after several months of using both services I'm baffled by the fact CK actually shows changes to my credit score and LifeLock doesn't. Oh, LL will e-mail you once a month to say your "Monthly Credit Score is Available!" But it doesn't change. I'm inclined to believe the former service more, considering all the financial factors in my life. Generally it just seems like the former service is more on the ball with various things. Why am I paying $22/month for something that isn't really doing much?

lindab74
4/23/14

I have to say this is the best investment I have ever made. I got this service for $10 a month (basic) after having my identity stolen twice. It is worth every penny. I get email and text alerts whenever anyone tries to open up credit using my personal info including SS#. I have applied for credit twice and twice they alerted me. One time before that there was a false alarm because the number was close to mine. If you want to protect yourself , make this one wise investment. You won't be sorry.

robini
3/11/13

I signed up for LifeLock and felt like it didn't do anything. Save your money.

dennisa10
2/3/13

Save yourself some money and don't pay for LifeLock. Basically all they do is give you credit monitoring service which pretty much the same as what the credit bureaus provide http://www.equifax.com/credit-watch-gold/ - but all those credit monitoring services don't help you at all if someone charges money on your existing lines of credit or takes money out of your bank account, which is what I am most afraid of. So what I did was put a freeze on my credit report which only costs $10 and you can read about it here http://www.consumersunion.org/campaigns/learn_more/003484indiv.html
but it makes it so new lines of credit can't be taken out, which is better than what LifeLock and those other guys offer. And if you don't want to do that, you can get a free credit report every year (the Government requires it) from here https://www.annualcreditreport.com

So there you go--I just saved you all that LifeLock money! Go out and buy yourself a car or something useful with that money.

Questions? Get answers from the LifeLock staff and other customers.

LifeLock?