Review of LegalZoom

Over 10 years helping millions of customers
Learn More

sues152
6/5/17

They will charge you a lot of money that you have to flight for days and maybe cannot get back and they will put you on hold and kicking you around with different departments, all service people are very sneaky. Don't choose the fast package $540 because it will take 20-30 days anyway, then when you call them, they will tell you the government are very slow, I have registered 4 companies with Legal zoom in the past 6 years, they are slow every single time, but they still advertise 7-10 business days on their site. I am so frustrated so just gonna give up this one and move on with another company

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Sue, we're sorry about what occurred with your order and with your overall experience. Usually orders go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. It is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We want you to be satisfied and I'd like to assist you in finding a resolution. Please feel free to contact me directly a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
walters61
6/2/17

My attorney was going to charge $2000 to remove my wife from our properties due to death. I thought it was too much. I made a BIG mistake. Legal Zoom uses GO Deeds located in New York. I spent over $3000.00 and still had so many corrections! It got to a point where they just refused to help me -Matthew Miskovsky - because I made a mistake. They are awful people to work with. There seems to be a high turn over of personnel.
Regarding Legal Zoom - I got so tired of being on hold EVERY time I called. Nobody knows who's on first. They give you the run around.IT WAS ALL SO FRUSTRATING - WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Walter, we’re sorry about your experience with us & Go Deeds. Your comments and experience are truly valuable to us and we appreciate your feedback. It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We are willing to do anything we can to improve your experience with LegalZoom. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com. We look forward to hearing how we can make this situation better.
lil1956
6/2/17

Wonderful experience with Melissa! She is wonderful&very professional&high level of listening skill even though it's through chatroom.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Li, thanks for sharing your wonderful experience. We'll be sure to let Melissa know of your kind words!
mn72
5/30/17

They give you a receipt and a small * next to one of the items, which most of us would miss. Then they keep deducting that amount off of your credit card. Beware people, you will not get a refund . Ridiculous, but that is how Legalzoom works !

I accidentally saw my bank statement and realized that they have been deducting 14.99$ every month ! Called the customer care, but they wont refund my money

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi, we're sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. The plan that you were enrolled into is a legal plan that entitles you to receive unlimited attorney consultations on any new legal matter along with additional benefits. If it's something that you specified you didn't want to participate in or you did not see details of the plan in the questionnaire when you originally placed an order with us, then we are happy to help you with a resolution. We have reviewed your account & will reach out to you directly to help make things right. Please also feel free to contact a manager directly any time via help@legalzoom.com.
patrickk64
5/30/17

I've had the need for lawyer's in the past, for selling some land, divorce, and now putting together a plan to take care of my family needs and my assets. Legal Zoom answered my call and came through to win the job. Legal Zoom is a powerful, legal document assembly package with contracted legal support, should you need it. I highly recommend Legal Zoom for providing me with all the necessary legal documents needed to complete a Living Trust!!!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Patrick, thank you very much for sharing. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!
matthewm158
5/24/17

Thank you for your professional recommendations. I was a little nervous about making sure I got everything right for my new business adventure, and your support has made me feel comforted knowing you have me taken care of with all the services you provide

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Matthew, we appreciate your kind words. Thanks for sharing your experience.
dandref
5/22/17

Julia was very helpful and awesome to speak with. It was like talking with an old friend from high school.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi DAndre, this is the type of experience we aim for, thanks so much for sharing!
davidv93
5/22/17

There was an issue with my application and and within an hour Julie helped me to correct the problem and worked with me get the correct forms filled out. She was so professional and her sense of humor is priceless. I tried to get a local law office to help (filled out a form) with business issues in April and they have not even call me back (5/22/17). This is, without a doubt, the best service I have ever received, especially on line!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi David, thanks for sharing this amazing experience. We'll be sure to let Julie know how much she helped.
quintettae
5/22/17

representative was very knowledgeable on all questions asked, offered valuable and pertinent information.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Quintetta, thanks so much for sharing.
robynl15
5/19/17

I called in with many questions regarding the process and how to set up a 501c3 Corporation. She had all the answers and more! So tremendously helpful and has been very responsive to my followup questions!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Thank you Robyn, you just made our day. Please do not hesitate to contact for any additional help!
billr94
5/17/17

Legal Zoom used to be a cost effective way to manage small legal jobs. It has changed greatly over the years. I recently used them for a Trademark search/submission and I would not recommend it now. The process is very unclear, I received several emails to sign the documents before submission but there is no way to follow where the docs are and how you are supposed to sign. So I email with nothing but an auto-responder. I call the service line and am on hold for over 20 minutes for something that should be abundantly clear but the 20 somethings they have working for them have no idea how to articulate online. Go to a real lawyer!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Bill, we're sorry about what occurred with your order and with your customer service experience. Your comments and experience are important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact us via email at help@legalzoom.com and we'll try our best to make things right.
kiaa2
5/17/17

Speaking to the sales specialist at LegalZoom was something I had dreaded, but she was great at putting me at ease and answered all my questions. I truly felt she was looking out for my best interest and not trying to sell me things I would not need. If I have additional questions, the bundle I purchased include legal consultations and I am definitely taking advantage of that. Highly recommend!!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Kia, we love hearing how at ease you are with your experience. Thank you very much for sharing!
jamesf208
5/17/17

Julie was very responsive and helpful in my very complicated case and was able to provide me with options on how to best go about my particular situation

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi James, this is the level of service we strive for. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
tommasot5
5/15/17

The service is much cheaper than going to a lawyer but you get what you pay for. Customer care is borderline clueless, does not follow up or follows up without addressing the issue. You call and they tell you to email, you email and they tell you to call.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Tommaso, we are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer, and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. Usually orders go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best. Your comments and experience are important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via email at help@legalzoom.com and we'll try our best to make things right.
ryanm146
5/15/17

set me up as a partnership with an annual 941 filing. I am an scorp with quarterly 941....this mistake has cost me so much money. T

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Ryan, we are very sorry for any misunderstanding or miscommunication but it appears that an LLC was purchased instead of a corporation. We are happy to review your concerns and try to help resolve this. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
tamaraw27
5/15/17

Filed for PLLC 3/30/17. As of today, 5/15/17, we are still waiting for our package. Multiple calls, and an EIN finally emailed last week, but as we still need the certificates we can do nothing but wait to complete our business loan. Everything, and everyone is on hold, and this has really messed us up. I was pretty impressed the first few times I used LegalZoom, but now wish I just paid the attorney. Did I mention this was for expedited service? I called about this, and was told no adjustments could be made.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Tamara, I sincerely apologize that you haven't experienced us at our best this time around and I'd like to help make things right. I will review your order & contact you directly to resolve this. Please also feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
johnc741
5/15/17

purchased basic DBA through legal zoom over 2 months ago still waiting and nobody knows anything other than we are still waiting and if you want to set on hold then this is the comp[any for you!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi John, I am very sorry about any delay in your order. We will review your account & contact you directly to help resolve this. Please also feel free to contact a manager directly any time via help@legalzoom.com.
elyssec
5/8/17

This Company is a rip off. I filed my DBA it took 6 weeks for a simple DBA then they filed in in the wrong county and would not correct it unless I paid additional money. They are unethical and I do not recommend them.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Elysse, I'm so sorry this wasn't the best experience. I'd like an opportunity to review your account, determine how this occurred and how we can resolve this. Please contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
janem132
5/5/17

LegalZoom set up several LLC's for me - easy one-stop shopping. Their support people are their greatest asset as they are always helpful and answer any questions or concerns promptly. Love the fact that all can be achieved over the internet and through e-mail.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Jane, this is great to hear. Thanks so much for sharing!
andyt49
5/4/17

I called to inquire about a recurring charge on my credit card. Juli was able to answer my specific question, and then guide me through some other issues that I needed to address. She was so helpful . . . respectful, patient, efficient, and effective!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Andy, thanks for your kind words & sharing your experience.
ellb1
5/4/17

Paid for them to create an LLC. When contacting customer service for help I was sent from one department to another with no help. They filed my paperwork incorrectly with the state. I paid for upgraded attorney and licensing services. I received conflicting information from both. When I tried to get the matter resolved I was told I had used up my one phone call allowed with the upgraded services and I would have to just live with the conflicting information. RUN RUN RUN TO ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER!!!!!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Ell, we're sorry about what occurred with your order and with your customer service experience. We'd like to hear more of your concerns & take the opportunity to make things right. Please feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
julial46
5/1/17

If only i can choose a negative star i will do that.
They charge you thousand of thousand of dollars, yet didn't file your annual report and initial report, and your business expired.
And you are even threaten by the Account Manager when you try to confront with them for the root causes.

They even charge you after your business expired because they didn't file your report

This is so far the worst business company i have ever met. I have opened companies in several countries. This is the worst experience.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Julia, we’re sorry that you felt your experience wasn’t the best. Your comments and experience are truly valuable to us and we appreciate your feedback. We’re really interested in knowing what kind of resolution you’d like to see and are willing to do anything we can to improve your experience with LegalZoom. We will review your account & contact you directly. Please also feel free to contact us via help@legalzoom.com. We look forward to hearing how we can make this situation better.
cherylp70
4/26/17

Honestly all legal zoom cares about is getting your money, they completely lied and said they did a search on a trademark for the name and when i told them about letters of actions for over $1000 worth for the trademarks the guy on the phone laughed and said legal zoom did their part and their done with me now.
he had a very sarcastic tone and definitely unprofessional. I would not want this to happen to anyone so be careful dealing with them. they are a third party and most likely you could spend the same amount hiring a lawyer or someone else to do it.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Cheryl, we're disappointed to hear you’ve had a less than satisfying experience with us, and we want to have an opportunity to make things right. Please keep in mind that Trademark search result vary depending on the type of search you requested & we also offer independent Attorney services to assist customers in reviewing their search results. We'd like to learn more about your situation and will reach out to you directly. Please feel free to also submit your contact information to: help@legalzoom.com and we will review your order history. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to make your experience with LegalZoom a better one.
daves240
4/26/17

I made an error in my order and called to cancel. Instead of just cancelling my order and moving on. Julie took the extra time to find out what my issue was and then went in and made my requested edits so I wouldn't have to start from the beginning all with a pleasant demeanor and happy to help attitude!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Dave, this is exactly what we like to hear. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
sarah3628
4/26/17

She was helpful, efficient, went above and beyond for me. I felt like I was in good hands. Would feel comfortable reaching out to her in the future. I can't thank her enough. A+

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Sara, thank you very much for your review. We work really hard to make our customers feel like they are in good hands, so we're happy to see that reflected in your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Hi Carol, we also offer legal plans where you can speak directly with an Attorney that can help with any advice or legal questions about your trust. Contact us directly at 1-866-738-2980. We are happy to help get you started.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Jason, we are happy to assist you and talk about our LLC packages & process anytime. Feel free to email us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Analisa, we are here to help and happy to answer any questions or concerns. Feel free to contact me directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer & we are willing to review any concerns for resolution. Please feel free to reach out to the social media manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Susan, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns about our product & process. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Today is July 20. 8am. I called Legal Zoom's phone support 800 773 0888 AGAIN. I got the same automated response that their agents are busy. I waited for several minutes. Nada. Left my return call number. lets see if they will call back. Really? at 8 am and everybody is busy to take a call. I understand they start the help line at 5 am. Still, they do not return calls. Since a Legal Zoom staffer monitors these pages, I might as well ask my question here: I recently filed an application for incorporation in CA. I got the paperwork from the Sec of State. It says its been filed. The information at the Sec of State website says my Corp is active. I understand I am to pay the State an $800 registration fee. When am I suppose to pay this. Nobody's billing me yet. I agree w Stan L. LZ is a great idea but poor executed.

By G A.

Hi Philip, we are happy to discuss our packages & pricing anytime. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Andres, yes we can assist you with both dissolving your current LLC and the filing of your new LLC. Please feel free to email help@legalzoom.com with any questions or concerns, thanks.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Adam, it is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued customers with exceptional service during every interaction. All comments and experiences are important to us; we appreciate and welcome feedback. We have many satisfied customers and we are very happy to answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-733-0888.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Carol, we can absolutely help you with setting up a living trust. Our packages start at $249.00 or you may benefit even more with an estate plan bundle. Call us at 1-866-738-2980 for more information.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LegalZoom staff and other customers.

3 Photos for LegalZoom