This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Just Eat

Just Eat has a consumer rating of 1.38 stars from 48 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Just Eat most frequently mention customer service problems. Just Eat ranks 256th among Restaurants sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Terrible customer service and business… Terrible customer service and business practices.
How would you rate Just Eat?

“Just Eat”

Claire R.
1/27/18

Fantastic concept - HATE that I can see how much junk food I eat in a year (past orders) but that's just me being a pig. Only bad part is that they should take more accountability for rubbish restaurants and kick them off the site.

“£30 lost because won't refund”

Ruth L.
9/6/20

Bought a £30 gift voucher online for a friend to receive by email. They didn't receive it but the money was taken out if my account. Just Eat can't explain what has happened and will not refund me, even after numerous phone calls. Absolutely terrible terrible customer service. Will never use again.

customer service (15)
christophers1481
December 20th, 2020

Just eat took my order on Friday 11th of December 2020. McDonald's sent my order out with the just eat driver and my order did not arrive. Just eat are refusing to refund me for food I did not get. They are thieves and a shambles of a company. I will not stop until everyone and anyone knows what they've done to me. As a matter of principle I'll also be taking legal action also. Going to local and national papers. Anyone who will listen. This company cannot keep steeling people's hard earned money. They are a disgrace

jamesh2651
May 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

I've ordered food using Just Eat several times. There hasn't been any real issues with the service itself, but the lack of any real customer service department makes me go elsewhere. I'm all about customer service. If you want my business, then you better have someone on hand if I have a problem or a question. This chat online rubbish doesn't suffice.
I've been reading about how people get shoddy orders or they order a gift card and never receive it, then Just Eat refuses to refund their money. The solution is simple. Use PayPal to pay. If something isn't right, open a case with PayPal and you'll get your money back. Just be sure to document everything. Example, take a pic of the bad food or mishandled delivery. Send screenshots of replies from the company. Upload all of this to PayPal if you have to open a case and you'll get your refund. Works 99% of the time.

Tip for consumers:
Always pay with PayPal. Just Eat is known for not refunding money when you get a substandard product or your delivery never arrives. Most of the time the deliveries make it just fine and the food is okay. Just in case, pay with PayPal. This way if there is a problem, you can get your money back. The customer service is abysmal and they often ignore your request for a refund, thinking there's nothing you can do about it... well, there is. It's called PayPal.

bjh48
July 10th, 2021

Order no *******580 from McDonalds Ocean Park Portsmouth was marked delivered after I saw the driver on the map I followed in front of my house, but I never got it. Looked outside, but driver was gone. Did he eat it himself?
This is unacceptable.
Never had this happened before, but I will fight to get my money back as a matter of princible and I hope the driver gets fired.
Regards
B Hallett

ruthl272
September 6th, 2020

costash1
July 4th, 2021

I made an pre planned order for 24.09, money was taken but next day at the exact time it was to be delivered they cancelled the order and issued a refund. Now I am waiting for a refund (apparently up to 14 days) and I had to shell out a further £26.00 to order from Uber (which arrived by the way) exact same item. So why it was cancelled is beyond me. To top off my frustrations, there is no way to speak to someone or get an immediate response. I am livid and I wont be ordering with Just Eat again

stevenk611
December 6th, 2020

Today a delivery driver picked up my McDonalds delivery. Then tried to deliver my food to me loose in the bottom of his bag swimming in coffee. I obviously refused the gross inedible mess. Just Eat refuse to refund. Avoid this thieving excuse for a business. Trading standards should shut them down!

jiaweiw
February 27th, 2021

The customer 48 hours automatic refund system is totally stupid! Hundred and Thousands restaurant will lot money because of your policy. You are not just eat. You are just chief. It's no fair to all restaurant owners, if we did see the email in 48 hours we will loss money our labour, cost and time are nothing! And you just eat! You loss nothing! You loss nothing and your policy help silly customer use you! It is not fair!

clairer38
January 27th, 2018

paula1120
November 21st, 2020

Disgusting service food was NOT delivered.
After nearly a 2 hour wait the app notification said delivered despite No food arriving.
I ended up going to KFC and getting the food myself, KFC were apologetic and I got my food. But ended up payed £26 for what would cost £19 in KFC
Complained and was basically told I can't get a refund as I got my food.
Yes but only because I went and got it myself.

hannahb408
January 18th, 2021

Never even arrived through Just Eat delivery and was sent back to the restaurant. When we rang to try and work out the issue, KFC were incredibly unhelpful and said it was our responsibility to sort out with Just Eat?! Never got the food and Just Eat Customer service said we have to wait 48 hours to find out whether we even get a refund. Shame on you. Utterly appalling.

Tip for consumers:
Just Eat are abysmal. If you actually want your food delivered, I would recommend Deliveroo.

shakeelaa
May 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

Firstly they need to remove their automated customer service phone line. Its BULL@#$%.
SECONDLY they just have the worst customer service experience ever. You can't get past the automated service. WE NEED TO SPEAK TO REAL HUMANS robots can't sort out issues created by humans. I couldn't get through to speak about an order that was late by 1hour 45 mins. The takeaway decided to busy their phone lines and helpful JE were being just as hard to reach ridiculous service on both ends..

jhonm
February 8th, 2010
emilr29
December 12th, 2020

We ordered some burgers from a local pub total 51£. The driver couldn't find the address, got mad and on the app said lost contact for 25 min. After that the order status was delivered. We didn't receive the food, made complaint but just eat "investigation team" is insisting that we received the order and we are not entitled to a refund... worst experience ever... totally treated like a liar... how should I demonstrate that I didn't get the order...

zainabi4
December 16th, 2020

I seem to be having the same experience as previous reviewers. I paid for an order more than an hour ago and it has just been left. The restaurant have not assigned a driver and they have not delivered. When I go back to the "Just Eat" website they have marked themselves as closed. Just Eat will not answer the phone and my money is now gone.

I will now close my account and stick to Deliveroo. It's disgusting that they are taking money and not ensuring that the food is delivered. DISGUSTING.

jg671
October 13th, 2020

TERRIBLE COMPANY!
I ordered food and waited over 1 hour from a place only 15 min from where I live. There was no tracking and no updates. After 1 hour 30 min I called Just eat and they told me the food had been delivered, but it had not! I was starving hungry by then and everywhere was closed as it was 11:30pm. Do not use this company!

jackyl26
April 24th, 2021

Just eat is bullying companies who is using their systems. It just unreal. When any restaurant are busy and cannot do certain orders. They rejects them all because there are WAY too many orders in that certain time-frame. What just eat does is they would send you text to threaten their companies they would reduce distance and time and some other things. Instead of solving it with their clients. They threaten them into submissions. Very very bad way to manage the companies who making them too much money. Companies has to pay around 30% of every order already and that's not including VAT.

emmar215
November 21st, 2020

Ordered food, driver delivered to someone else.
No food and almost £12 out of pocket.
Restaurant not interested & Just Eat simply don't give a s##t Never order from again.

jg684
November 13th, 2020

30 min delivery time turned into 2 hours. Meal arrived too late, refund refused when cancellation requested at 1.5 hour point, but put in a queue until it finally arrived. They then said couldn't refund as it had been delivered. Scumbags, don't waste your money

granta56
December 17th, 2020

Inept service when things go wrong. Useless when responding to my complaint regarding only a half a delivery being delivered and reimbursed less than the value of the items not delivered. Nothing for inconvenience. Shocking company.

gustavok
August 28th, 2021

Ordered, It never arrived, still got charged. Poor customer services too. DISGUSTING! Never again! After many orders that was the last one

ianb597
July 17th, 2021

My work offers a 7% discount on just eat where you pay using a gift card.

I load gift card on and pick my food from a restaurant and all good then at final screen it says restaurant is closed today. So I back click to choose a new restaurant and pick food and credits gone.

Long and short of it just eat say even though they can see voucher is loaded and unused the money is lost (not to them just to me) as I must complete action in one go even though restaurant was closed.

The very very worst company I have ever had the misfortune of using spoke to numerous people via email and web chat and call back from supervisor none cared, I will never use them again and I shall try my hardest to ask people to avoid too.

I'm so angry at these thieves. Going by reviews it would seem it's no isolated incident.

Ian boag

bend54
April 10th, 2014

I love this website! They really solved the problem of speaking to people who hardly understand English!

emmac284
October 28th, 2020

Will not be ordering via just eat again. Customer services is shocking and they refuse to help resolve my problem. Just take your money.

lucksytar
August 21st, 2020

Don't pay by card as you won't get your order! 3 hours later still no food and they are claiming it's delivered..

terryr669
May 10th, 2021

If I could leave a zero score I would do. But unfortunately there is no Zero. I have been with JustEat for 4 years and never had a problem until now. My last order was delivered to the wrong address. When I spoke to Justeat they couldn't care less. They just said that I should have checked the order summery, even though I have been with them for them for 4 years and my address is still the same. They wouldn't offer me a refund or the food. So I just basically threw 30.00 down the drain. And they got 30.00 for nothing. Beware when using Justeat as the customer services are disgusting. I have now closed my account with them. And will pick it up myself in future. I will be leaving feedback all over the internet wherever I can.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Just Eat staff and other customers.

Find your flavour. Here to help you discover the food you were destined to eat. 9am-11pm weekdays & 3pm-11pm weekends. See you around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Eat?

Have a question about Just Eat?