Review of Just-Eat.co.uk

Just-Eat.co.uk reviews

WD6

at965
3/1/18

Ordered food which arrived late and cold. Whilst it was Just Eat that had taken payment they refused to give a refund. Instead they told me to read their terms and conditions which they claim gave them the right not to return my money. Customer service was rude and unhelpful. Cut out Just Eat and order from the restaurant direct.

clairer38
1/27/18

Fantastic concept - HATE that I can see how much junk food I eat in a year (past orders) but that's just me being a pig. Only bad part is that they should take more accountability for rubbish restaurants and kick them off the site.

hannahf25
5/13/17

Abysmal is putting it nicely!!! Ordered two box meals and some extra's tottaling to £30 my meal and the extra's arrived but my partners meal didn't, so he didn't eat anything. After several phone calls and finally speaking to managers, all they could offer was measly refund for that one missing meal. And to top it off the manager Rebecca was extremely rude on the phone, saying we should of gone and get ourselves. wished I would of now. Just eat is appalling at customer service. I know all about customer service and what exactly should of been done as I am a manager in a restaurant myself! If I would of done that as a manger I would of lost my job, and rightly so. How this lady is a 'manager' is beyond me. I have never been so disgusted at the way this has been handled So much inconvenience, for something that should be a relaxing experience of not having anything to worry about! Expect to lose a lot of custom from my local area!

karenw196
3/5/17

their customer service is appalling they promised me a refund on a lousy meal i had and then never paid out despite me complaining several times they hadnt made the refund do yourself a favour dont use them !

bend54
4/10/14

I love this website! they really solved the problem of speaking to people who hardly understand English!

soozl
11/10/13

I have used Just Eat many times, ordering from the same restaurants and the service (from the restaurants) is usually great. However, when there is a problem Just Eat are slow to respond (if they respond at all) and the system is clearly lacking.

I tried a new restaurant, checked they delivered to our area, selected our meal, entered my card details, and THEN I was told the restaurant rejected the order - the reason given was that they didn't deliver to our area.

I was fuming (and hungry), it was a total waste of time and now I had to get my money back (they don't actually deduct funds from your account but this is not clear and I've been monitoring my bank statement for a week).

The online support chat was so slow it was painful. Emailing customer services is a waste of time, I'm still waiting for a response over a week later. I have now managed to close my account and I will not order from them again.

Disappointing, but this is not a reflection on the restaurants that I have ordered from before, I will simply order direct in the future.

fabioc5
11/4/13

Furious!!! Take my money but don't deliver-3 seperate times!

I ordered from them on 3 seperate occasions and each time they ring fenced my funds(or pass the buck to the banks) and then say they will deliver the food the NEXT day!! Because the restaurent is closed!! At this moment I have two orders not delivered and moneys taken.
I spoke with a person at just eat and they actually say it's my responsibility to check if the restaurent is still delivering! Well don't bloody offer the option of a delivery if you can't do it! But do take my money and ring fence it for 5 days. Absolute trash of a company. Just order direct and save the hastle ppl! Guess what they offered me and I thought ok it may be compensation for the rubbish service, vouchers (I thought well atleast..) but nooo not in compensation but rather in exchange for my ring fenced cash.
Absolutely fuming and I will place this review in as many places as possible

meg223
11/1/13

Awful, cold food and the way in which i received a refund for my meal meant that i couldnt leave a negative review through the site. How can you trust their reviews system when the worst user experiences aren't recorded?

paulm100
2/11/13

Ordered a pizza from them, stated it must be hot as Girlfriend wont eat luke warm pizza, we were planning a romantice evening in watching a dvd etc.
The pizza arrived over 40 mins late , and cold.
Just eat say its not their fault its the restaurants fault, restaurant refer you to just eat , and so it goes round in circles.
evening ruined and £15 down the pan.
Just eat just pass the buck as they know you can do nothing.
there is no customer protection as they act as a referer to the restaurant , will never use them again.

vashl
11/24/12

I ordered food from Curry Corner, Hammersmith, paid by card and told it'll be delievered. Then got a call and was told the resturant was too busy to make my order but the money will be out back right away. It never was. I spoke to someone online who said wait 5 working days, I did, nothing. I spoke to another person on the phone who said wait 7 working days, I did, nothing. The last person said they don't do refunds and I would have to wait 30 WORKING DAYS! Crap site, I'll never use it again.

christinar2
8/21/12

take your money from your card, then say dont deliver to the area, this happended twice in one night and i had two payments of £14.50 taken out my account, they rang me when i went on live ch\t and gave me a voucher code for the amount but that didnt work so they took another £14.50 out my bank, this is a scam and i would tell anyone to stay away

davids94
1/28/12

This retailer delivered three separate orders to someone fraudulently using my card details. This should not be possible as the delivery address should always be the same as the address to which the card is registered - this is a blatant failure on the part of the company, and cost me a total of £113. When I contacted them they showed very little interest or concern, and simply told me to take it up with my bank. They took no interest in the question of how such a security leak might have happened on their site, not the fact that it could happen to any customer if it's happened to one. I for one will never be using them again, not just because of the fraud they have facilitated but also because of their complete failure in terms of customer service, for me and the other customers who will likely be similarly outraged when they get ripped off too.

rashdas
11/15/11

I used this site quite a few times until my last experience - i ordered on a cold, icy night from a restaurant that was showing as delivering to my address, which is on a main route. about an hour later, no food! i contact the restaurant who informed me that they had contact just-eat to inform them they were unable to order and had refunded my payment. contacted just-eat to be told they were very sorry, and would organise my refund immediately. 2 weeks later, no refund, contacted them again and told refund would be processed immdeiately. This continued for several weeks until I gave up! awful site!

jhonm
2/8/10

very Cool site , easy to navigate and order online

kw1
10/16/09

Excellent site brings up all good local takeaways and allows you to order online so you don't need a menu and if you forget to go to the cash machine you can pay with your card, great site

Questions? Get answers from the Just-Eat.co.uk staff and other customers.

Just-Eat.co.uk?