This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Just Eat

Just Eat has a consumer rating of 1.41 stars from 41 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Just Eat most frequently mention customer service problems. Just Eat ranks 236th among Restaurants sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Terrible customer service and business… Terrible customer service and business practices.
How would you rate Just Eat?

“Just Eat”

Claire R.
1/27/18

Fantastic concept - HATE that I can see how much junk food I eat in a year (past orders) but that's just me being a pig. Only bad part is that they should take more accountability for rubbish restaurants and kick them off the site.

“£30 lost because won't refund”

Ruth L.
9/6/20

Bought a £30 gift voucher online for a friend to receive by email. They didn't receive it but the money was taken out if my account. Just Eat can't explain what has happened and will not refund me, even after numerous phone calls. Absolutely terrible terrible customer service. Will never use again.

customer service (0)
christophers1481
December 20th, 2020

Just eat took my order on Friday 11th of December 2020. McDonald's sent my order out with the just eat driver and my order did not arrive. Just eat are refusing to refund me for food I did not get. They are thieves and a shambles of a company. I will not stop until everyone and anyone knows what they've done to me. As a matter of principle I'll also be taking legal action also. Going to local and national papers. Anyone who will listen. This company cannot keep steeling people's hard earned money. They are a disgrace

ruthl272
September 6th, 2020

stevenk611
December 6th, 2020

Today a delivery driver picked up my McDonalds delivery. Then tried to deliver my food to me loose in the bottom of his bag swimming in coffee. I obviously refused the gross inedible mess. Just Eat refuse to refund. Avoid this thieving excuse for a business. Trading standards should shut them down!

jiaweiw
February 27th, 2021

The customer 48 hours automatic refund system is totally stupid! Hundred and Thousands restaurant will lot money because of your policy. You are not just eat. You are just chief. It's no fair to all restaurant owners, if we did see the email in 48 hours we will loss money our labour, cost and time are nothing! And you just eat! You loss nothing! You loss nothing and your policy help silly customer use you! It is not fair!

paula1120
November 21st, 2020

Disgusting service food was NOT delivered.
After nearly a 2 hour wait the app notification said delivered despite No food arriving.
I ended up going to KFC and getting the food myself, KFC were apologetic and I got my food. But ended up payed £26 for what would cost £19 in KFC
Complained and was basically told I can't get a refund as I got my food.
Yes but only because I went and got it myself.

hannahb408
January 18th, 2021

Never even arrived through Just Eat delivery and was sent back to the restaurant. When we rang to try and work out the issue, KFC were incredibly unhelpful and said it was our responsibility to sort out with Just Eat?! Never got the food and Just Eat Customer service said we have to wait 48 hours to find out whether we even get a refund. Shame on you. Utterly appalling.

Tip for consumers:
Just Eat are abysmal. If you actually want your food delivered, I would recommend Deliveroo.

shakeelaa
May 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

Firstly they need to remove their automated customer service phone line. Its BULL@#$%.
SECONDLY they just have the worst customer service experience ever. You can't get past the automated service. WE NEED TO SPEAK TO REAL HUMANS robots can't sort out issues created by humans. I couldn't get through to speak about an order that was late by 1hour 45 mins. The takeaway decided to busy their phone lines and helpful JE were being just as hard to reach ridiculous service on both ends..

emilr29
December 12th, 2020

We ordered some burgers from a local pub total 51£. The driver couldn't find the address, got mad and on the app said lost contact for 25 min. After that the order status was delivered. We didn't receive the food, made complaint but just eat "investigation team" is insisting that we received the order and we are not entitled to a refund... worst experience ever... totally treated like a liar... how should I demonstrate that I didn't get the order...

zainabi4
December 16th, 2020

I seem to be having the same experience as previous reviewers. I paid for an order more than an hour ago and it has just been left. The restaurant have not assigned a driver and they have not delivered. When I go back to the "Just Eat" website they have marked themselves as closed. Just Eat will not answer the phone and my money is now gone.

I will now close my account and stick to Deliveroo. It's disgusting that they are taking money and not ensuring that the food is delivered. DISGUSTING.

soozl
November 10th, 2013

I have used Just Eat many times, ordering from the same restaurants and the service (from the restaurants) is usually great. However, when there is a problem Just Eat are slow to respond (if they respond at all) and the system is clearly lacking.

I tried a new restaurant, checked they delivered to our area, selected our meal, entered my card details, and THEN I was told the restaurant rejected the order - the reason given was that they didn't deliver to our area.

I was fuming (and hungry), it was a total waste of time and now I had to get my money back (they don't actually deduct funds from your account but this is not clear and I've been monitoring my bank statement for a week).

The online support chat was so slow it was painful. Emailing customer services is a waste of time, I'm still waiting for a response over a week later. I have now managed to close my account and I will not order from them again.

Disappointing, but this is not a reflection on the restaurants that I have ordered from before, I will simply order direct in the future.

clairer38
January 27th, 2018

jg671
October 13th, 2020

TERRIBLE COMPANY!
I ordered food and waited over 1 hour from a place only 15 min from where I live. There was no tracking and no updates. After 1 hour 30 min I called Just eat and they told me the food had been delivered, but it had not! I was starving hungry by then and everywhere was closed as it was 11:30pm. Do not use this company!

jackyl26
April 24th, 2021

Just eat is bullying companies who is using their systems. It just unreal. When any restaurant are busy and cannot do certain orders. They rejects them all because there are WAY too many orders in that certain time-frame. What just eat does is they would send you text to threaten their companies they would reduce distance and time and some other things. Instead of solving it with their clients. They threaten them into submissions. Very very bad way to manage the companies who making them too much money. Companies has to pay around 30% of every order already and that's not including VAT.

emmar215
November 21st, 2020

Ordered food, driver delivered to someone else.
No food and almost £12 out of pocket.
Restaurant not interested & Just Eat simply don't give a s##t Never order from again.

jg684
November 13th, 2020

30 min delivery time turned into 2 hours. Meal arrived too late, refund refused when cancellation requested at 1.5 hour point, but put in a queue until it finally arrived. They then said couldn't refund as it had been delivered. Scumbags, don't waste your money

granta56
December 17th, 2020

Inept service when things go wrong. Useless when responding to my complaint regarding only a half a delivery being delivered and reimbursed less than the value of the items not delivered. Nothing for inconvenience. Shocking company.

emmac284
October 28th, 2020

Will not be ordering via just eat again. Customer services is shocking and they refuse to help resolve my problem. Just take your money.

lucksytar
August 21st, 2020

Don't pay by card as you won't get your order! 3 hours later still no food and they are claiming it's delivered..

terryr669
May 10th, 2021

If I could leave a zero score I would do. But unfortunately there is no Zero. I have been with JustEat for 4 years and never had a problem until now. My last order was delivered to the wrong address. When I spoke to Justeat they couldn't care less. They just said that I should have checked the order summery, even though I have been with them for them for 4 years and my address is still the same. They wouldn't offer me a refund or the food. So I just basically threw 30.00 down the drain. And they got 30.00 for nothing. Beware when using Justeat as the customer services are disgusting. I have now closed my account with them. And will pick it up myself in future. I will be leaving feedback all over the internet wherever I can.

lindaj943
February 28th, 2021

Why can't I give no stars? Terrible customer service and business…
Terrible customer service and business practices. Placed an order which took over 2 hours to arrive. Initially just eat agreed to give £5 credit. Fair enough I thought but when I ordered today no account credit. So contacted them and initially was offered the 5ver but then was told that they were unable to as the system wouldn't allow them to do this. Then they said I had cancelled the order. When I pulled them up on this and asked to speak to a supervisor they lest the call. It's a shame as I use them regularly but not anymore. Also food is always tepid! Use Uber eats or deliveroo instead.

pamelak376
September 14th, 2020

They refused to refund my delivery charges. I ordered a meal from Macdonald's and everything came soaked in Coke. They gave me money back for the food and not the delivery. I couldn't eat the food. I spent hours trying to get the refund and even longer trying to get a refund for the delivery. They didn't help at all. Took their time to reply to me. Kept repeating themselves to me. Explained the money was to give good customer services yet the service I received was absolutely horrific. They are a rip off making me pay for the delivery on an order that had to go straight in the bin.
WOULDNT RECOMMEND.

Tip for consumers:
SIMPLE...DONT USE JUST EAT GO ELSEWHERE.

Products used:
Couldn't eat anything yet got charged for the delivery and they refused to refund me.

dawns829
October 3rd, 2020

Waited 2 hours for food which I ended up picking up myself from the restaurant because the food had been ready, the Just Eat driver just hadn't bothered to show up!
Disgusting!
Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

georginac44
December 22nd, 2020

Ordered some food from Frankie & Bennies on 19/12/20 at 17.20pm, my order status was supposed to be delivered for 17.45pm. However I received an email to say the food had been delivered... to where I do not know? It wasn't to my address at all. Just eat are refusing to give me a refund despite the phone calls and emails. I have CCTV footage that shows no delivery driver turned up at all and they aren't interested. The customer service is terrible and they're genuinely not bothered. I suppose the bad reviews also on here clearly explains. I WONT BE USING THEM AGAIN.

julias481
April 7th, 2021

I have used the app for a year and all ok until the day I didn't receive my order. I contacted them and they basically accused me of lying even though I have used them for ages. I never did get a refund for the food I never had and they couldn't have cared less.

jamesc2591
August 12th, 2020

Not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully. They are absolutely incompetent it actually beggars belief

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Just Eat staff and other customers.

Find your flavour. Here to help you discover the food you were destined to eat. 9am-11pm weekdays & 3pm-11pm weekends. See you around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Eat?

Have a question about Just Eat?