Review of InterPals.net

White Plains, NY 10606, US
Tel: 4853123904067

lianar
5/13/16
I've just joined recently and so far I've met a few nice and interesting people. There have been a few people that are flirtatious but when I told them I wasn't interested and joined for a penpal, they were very respectful and understood. Of course I'm not going to say there aren't any bad people on the site but that's pretty expected from any social media of any type. Overall I like the website so far but I wish the website was a bit more proactive about taking inappropriate users off.
aliat
4/24/16
Itno good.
Ive found out that real people hide their iden
tity .
I ve come across one recently
avoid profile {omarturka}
israel
d
torrim
4/14/16
This website used to be a lot better (2005-2006) until they introduced the "facebook" like features - tons of photos can be added, updating statuses, etc. . .Takes away from good quality friendship. The only thing that people on this site are looking for is for someone to stroke his/her ego by uploading tons of photos and getting people to "like" or "comment" on them. No one is looking for serious friendships at all.

I have encountered a lot of mean and cruel people on this site, too, many of who are racist, close-minded,etc... Especially those from Asian and European cultures. I have yet to meet a quality person on this site at all. It sucks that there aren't any other penpal sites out there, too!

I would not recommend this site to a mortal enemy!
dd143
4/9/16
This guy Sharkfisherfla1 is a serial pervert, he is married with child, but has hundreds of young girls he takes dirty to.
Just an update, I've had many messages from others who have simular experiences, please contact me and we can share this creeps activities
This guy is actually mid 40'S
Take a look at some of his other fake profiles and differing ages

www.wireclub.com%2Fusers%2Fshark_fisher_fla
sumis
3/26/16
Even though I've been on this website for about a year. The people are not nice and can be mean. Also there are a lot of perverts in this website. I don't recommend this websites if you want to find friends or anything else. My life was completely ruined when I joined Interpals.net.
bryand37
3/11/16
I have used interpals for a while now and found many pages to be fake there's a page of https://www.interpals.net/dGUMBALL

This shows photographs of a German male Model know as Marc Shuzle, he has all told a massive following on Instagram and is a sensation in the model industry.

I contacted interpals and alerted them that a person who shows is from Spain is using such photographs - I find it truly appalling that interpals don't act by taking such pages down. People are being conned everyday and being tricked by such pages but yet interpals clearly shows a blatant disregard to protect there members

Please be vigilant and don't always believe everything you see on that site

SHAME ON INTERPALS
hazelk12
2/5/16
Don't trust any of the people you meet from this site without carefully review their ID to match themselves, that means, if they want to chat, make sure you are chatting with someone that is a totally honest person. Most of people are scammers here. Please be aware!
If you feel something fishy, trust your gut and go with your instinct, don't question yourself to see if you were wrong, you rather trust yourself than some strangers, you never know who is hidden behind the computer.
People with goodwills need to be protected and protect themselves, especially protect all the money you have earned with your hard work, lock it and keep it in your bank account, never offer any to someone you have met on the internet, be as realistic as you can be. Warn your friends. They are scammers!
miyokah
12/22/15
I've been on Intervals for years! Not consistently, but I still get on every now and then. I even have became friends with a guy on the site. We have been friends for about 6 years and nothing romantic, he is married and she is very lovely. We mostly talk about life and he has helped me a lot with speaking Korean. So, overall you win some and you lose some. After, weeding out the perverts, its not so bad.
iwonam1
11/18/15
I have a very bad experience with a website Interpals, because I meet a man there who turn out to be a crook who extort from me a large sum of money. He uses a false name Ethan Carter, and he uses a fake pictures and identities. I am a cautionary to online acquaintance but unfortunately and I caught his vile intrigue.
I know that HE unfortunately feels unpunished, and he continues to deceive the other girls, and I feel helpless on his inhumane behavior.
That's why I decided to write here to warn other women.
He also still uses the name of Ethan Carter, and he often uses the application hangus,gimail, and he is forwarding phone number.
His name is Ethan Carter, but it can also he have the other names.

Therefore, I give a few details:
He invents a story about a sick father, who came from Canada to Ireland and must have diligently operations, where it refers to hospital HSE in Galway, and he gives an account hospital, obviously false account, but this account is registered in Dublin. I think that this may be a larger organized group because to call me fake nurses and secretaries from the hospital, a colleague. He also uses a false meile HSE hospitals in Ireland, family, friends, his work.
It all was my huge nightmare. I was blinded ,, his false misery ,,and he is the absolute way to use my empathy for the human misery.
The worst of he still hurts and steal other girls, and I have a lot of tears and a lot of debt money....
anonymousa45
11/2/15
i was on interpals for a while now i deleted the account after two months then i kept some people in contact who i messaged for 6 months and a half. all i experienced was lust feelings and mind games and lies to have a girl hopes up when no one stays. its just for Skype and whatsapp to waste time and have a good laugh of it. not for serious person who wants to be commitment for it to be real. , i learned that nothing really beats real friends in real life..compared to friends you'll meet online..you never no when they'd change their mind and you'll never know who they really are. This website does not have people with substance on it, because they leave when they see it s full of rubbish. Apart from the scammers any normal people, are bit weird and maybe quite sad- social rejects of society.That s why they resort to these online websites. They re also quite rude and lack humor. No one fun- just weird people. Good luck for all who wants to see how it goes, just be extra careful and know the person well for a long period time not just months test it.. also don't catch feelings or suffer with the hurts from someone you don't know. I hope anyone of you find a penpal site that is suitable for you! :-) Although, i wouldn't recommended at all.
skyp
10/22/15
Accounts on InterPals are either:

1. Scammers: Probably take up the largest percentage. Try to get your email/skype/personal info/money or send you unknown links ( don't click them ).

2. Horny, flirty, pathetic males: the second largest pool on Interpals. Their ages range from 13 to even 70 ( trust me ). Just try setting up an account with a good-looking woman picture and you shall see how many marriage proposals you'll receive.

3. Weirdos: They're just plain...weird. I once got a message asking "I love milking cows. Do you?"

4. The ghost friends: Who message you regularly and suddenly, one beautiful day they block/ignore/leave the site without any words. Ehmmm...rudeee!

5. The students: It's inevitable for you to encounter them when you're a native English speaker/ good at English. They ask you to help them with their essays/ practice English etc. In fact most of them become more and more annoying.

6. The hotties: These boys/girls look fine but are quite arrogant. They got hundreds of comments and messages and yes, you may have to take a number and stand in a queue to have them answer your friendly message. Also they're huge attention-seekers. And they're not even THAT hot.

7. The egotist: ALMOST similar to the hotties except the fact that they have NOTHING ( From the personality to the appearance ). They claim to be intelligent and educational and always look down on others. End up being quite rude and ignorant. Just please get down your high horse.

8. The boring: This is EXACTLY one of my conversations with them (she messaged me first) "Hello"-"Hi! how are you?"-"I'm fine tks. And you?"-"I'm good :) "-"ok. good to know. See u". Okay... What a conversationist!

9. The rookie: NORMAL and INNOCENT people who haven't heard about Interpals and still have those nicey thoughts about this site. Yes unfortunately I once was one of them.. PLEASE, just do your life a favor and delete the account immediately!

So if you are a DECENT person, please just stay away from this site because it's only a waste of time (and peace of mind). If you wanna find friends, do it in real life.

[NOTE] Of course my review doesn't cover EVERYONE on Interpals because It's impossible for me to know every.single.person there (and I don't think I could bear that long). But I wrote it being completely honest and objective and experienced. Thank you.
jackyl5
10/5/15
Ever since I've joined this website it's been nothing but great. Of course, there's always going to be rude people, weirdos, and trolls(come on people it's the internet, what do you expect?). Despite this, I've met many genuine people which led into good friendships. So far I have 6 good friends from this website and still counting. If somebody were to ask me if I knew a website to make friends and exchange languages, I'd recommend interpals 1000%.
annaw38
9/1/15
Interpals.net is a siteful of perverts and scumbags who treat women like free prostitutes. No use wasting time on that stupid site. My friend got scammed there and that bastard is no longer active but he might have created another account which is easy as pie. Many users set a false country as their home and hide behind fake photos. They are notorious liars who would do anything just to get laid via Skype. Maybe 15 year olds find it funny. I certainly do not.
stephenp33
8/24/15
I don't work for Interpals - which I will no doubt be accused of by the end of this review, but as a site user who has used the site for at least 10 years, I need to set anyone straight who has just read the reviews below. This is a GREAT site for meeting others across the world. I have met several people off the site. Of course it didn't work out with all of them - just as through the years you don't hold on to all of your friends offline either. But I'm happy to have met them. The 'warning' that there are a lot of Ukrainian and Russian women on there - well what the hell is that supposed to tell anyone? It just so happens those countries are huge and internet usage is high among the populous there.
Also, to whoever said the site owner has "been accused of hacking into people's accounts" - well whoopee do. "Been accused" is absolutely meaningless, and of course, conveniently no source whatsoever is quoted.
Yes there are a lot of fakes on the site, as there are on all sites like this online. This is not some new phenomenon. Also there are a lot of amorous men - well there's a shocker - have you been down your local nightclub on a Friday night lately?
But that's why they invented a "Block" button - which is very effective. I wonder if the people criticising the site have been using the internet for more than a few weeks, because the simple fact is, if Interpals was a 'scam site' or not legitimate : a) it would not have SO many hundreds and thousands of users from just about every country on Earth and b) instead of being around for at least a decade, it would have been DEAD years ago by now.
How is it a scam site when I am now meeting up with my Polish friend who I met off there and who I now consider a proper friend? Or the American woman who came over to meet me? Or the other friends I have now on WhatsApp, and others still that I've had Christmas cards from. Does all of that sound like a "scam" to you....? Use the site for whatever purposes you like - mostly for friends, and if you're honest about yourself, if you don't hide away, and if you make sure to put photos of yourself up (not putting photos up will cripple your chances of getting friends on there because everyone will just assume you have something to hide), then you will have success - because I certainly have had.
belusiab
8/4/15
I have been using interpals for 7 years and there are a lot of disgusting guys on that site, but if you block them, and their countries, you can find some good friendships. You can also chnage your settings and privacy. For example, receive messages for only a certain age group, region, country and sex ( just females only)
joannec19
6/19/15
Apart from getting 200 messages from scammers and perverts, there were maybe about 5 people who I thought were normal. From that 5 it reduced to 0. One guy befriended me telling me to watch out for the perverts- he ended up being one of them himself trying to entice me into cybersex. Anyone who seems 'normal' are not really- they were weird, lacked humor and rude. I think anyone normal leave this site and it attracts social rejects of society who are a bit weird. Overall this is not a site to find people with substance. It's a waste of time and i'd rather not have more stress in my life.
blackd
4/25/15
I highly recommend NOT to sign up for Interpals if you're looking for language exchange. This site is full of idiots,perverts and scammers who just seek temporary fun and want to take advantage of a woman with their ridiculous compliments and lies. I created a profile with an intention of practising my english and german, learning french and italian and possibly making some friends, but didn't get much chance to practise or learn, most of the time I'm blocking men who want to lure me to Skype or get my Whatsapp. They are cunning scammers who claim they want to practise languages too, but if you ask them to show you what they know they start making excuses or write single sentences with a translator and insist you give them Skype Viber or other messenger so we can "practise" there... It's all one big SCAM. I don't get any profits by using Interpals, my list of blocked users is the biggest proof.
marcusm37
4/1/15
This site is horrible. Been a member multiple times and found that only fake American profiles write to you. This site is owned and run by a guy that was already found to be accused of hacking into member profiles and stealing their identity. I decided to test the validity of the site, firstly..creating a normal profile of myself I hardly got ANY people to view my profile and probably 98% of those who viewed it were fakes. Then, I created a "female" profile to see what would happen and instantly got overloaded with 100 views within the hour ALL of which were either fakes and scammers or perverted men saying how gorgeous I was. It's also interesting if you notice how many members DO NOT update their profiles or fill out the profile. How many can not spell proper english ect. There is also an abundance of Ukrainian and Russian women on the site which is suspect. The moderators there seem to care very little about the scamming that goes on there. Another drawback is I believe my computer had been infected many times while using the site. This is NOT a legit site and would not trust it in any way. Stay away from this site unless you want your computer hacked, or become the victim of a scam or false identity. There are WAY too many red lights for this site to be legit. Be warned.

Tip for consumers: Be aware of having your computer hacked, your identity stolen or becoming the victim of false identity. Google plus is a much better option for making friends even Facebook. This site is nothing but a scam.

hannas6
9/30/14
This site is a watering hole for male sexual predators from all over the world. If you are an attractive woman with your photo posted you will be bombarded by male members that will try to lure you into doing online chat via Skype or online messaging to try to take advantage of you for free online cybersex , soliciting for money, or sexting. Women are at a definite disadvantage on this site.Best solution is DO NOT post your photo on this site on your profile.
This will help to weed the useless chafe looking for a free thrill on the internet.
carole77
2/21/14
I get stonewalled, no communication after 3 to 6 messages. There is much sexual harrassment and it's basically turned into a cyber dating site, even a cyber sex site.

A friend of mine told me give them another chance this Christmas. I tried to make friends with some men and women. The women often act very abusive and catty (my experience) and the men are often married and looking for outside companionship without letting me know until we have communicated more than once.
I find that extremely disturbing.
The last person I talked to there was married with a daughter and did not write me after 5 communications. He got me all hooked on him (grooming and befriending) and then dumped me. I suspect that his wife caught him; this has happend before on another site, too.
Please try another site and be careful. Especially if you are underage.
Review update 1-19-17
omegar
1,564 helpful votes
11/14/11
This is an online penpal site that connects people from all over the world for the purpose of learning different languages firstly and secondly to meet new friends and even form relationships.

There are thousands of people on this site from many different world locations such as:

Africa
Asia
Europe
North America
Australia/Oceania
South America

This site even offers online chatting so that one can chat with different people from different countries as well.

One can even choose if one wants to keep in contact with friends either by snail mail or by email. This site really is a fun experience as well as a learning experience and if you are interested in meeting nee people and making new friends as well as learning about different cultures and new languages then here seems like the place to do it.

No one of these conditions were available to me because I didn't receive any advice concerning spamming or anything else like that and they année me only after 3 days signing up :(

By Keryl M.

As someone who has ised Ipals for over 7 years and is older than most posters here appear to be, I can say that it has been very useful to me. I have met many people over the years, some have become true friends and visited others will only ever be online, but áras close to me as people in the Real world. Yes there have been scammers, loads of them, even my user name came from a message from a scammer after I reported him, but that is what you do, report them! If they Really are scammers the site removes them. You have to remember this is a Free site and all the moderators are volunteers, so they do the best that they can. Also I would suggest that a lot of the people complaining here are a little inexperienced and naive., you can hardly blame the site for that. If you keep your wits about you and respond to people as you would in life, you can meet some great people that you would never meet in the real world and learn an awful lot. Also, dont complain if someone doesnt respond to "Hello" Its hardly an inspiring openong line is it? I find that the more you tell in your profile the better the response, the same for a message. How the hell do you answer Hello, especially if the progile is one line or word in each box, other than with "Hello" back and that is the end of the conversation. Its a 2 way street, you have to put in too, you cant just whinge that everybody is a weirdo. That would suggest that it is you that are out of your depth and would maybe happier on youtube or twitter. Also, as someone else has written You control who contacts you, by your settings. Of course I have no idea what goes on in the younger branches of the site, I stick firmly to my own age group, as I have nothing to say to younger ones, anymore than they have anything to interest me, but I felt I need to defend what for me has overall been a very good place to communicate.

By Shelagh M.

99.9% of those wearing a uniform in their profile pictures are scammers and fake profiles.

By Tom M.

Please be more specific about the nature of your issue. There's any number of reasons why this could be the case.

Okay. That happens sometimes

By Alexis P.

Other people can only see your messages on Interpals if they know your password. So don't give people your password and it'll be fine.

By Alexis P.

I'm not really sure. Interpals' search system has always been somewhat temperamental and kinda like a genie in the sense that you always have to make sure you've done everything just right to make sure it gives you what you want.

By Alexis P.

Hi, first usual suspects when one is being blocked/prevented from navigating onto a site can include, double check with your (internet service provider) ISP; whomever the company is that you rely upon to get online. Generally speaking, both in earlier times and still, tho nearly as common present day,so still, (a) company=ISP that is offering net access is the owner of their servers. Accordingly, again, as a general rule, as the providers, operators and owners of the servers, they customize whatever settings and the parameters therein, as they like. Other, out of the gate reasons one can be prevented, blocked, from visiting a site, 1 of the most common and still seen on a rare occasion (more so present day) may likely have something to do with the websites international laws versus some end users state, country location. Additional typical reasons, further, can be anything from a glitch? a tech error? to an oversight, say, if somewhere within the fine print there might be a proof of age needed, matter to any number of things that may also be easy to over look? to be altogether, unaware of readily. Depending on the type of website it is has the potential to cause such an issue. For example, age restrictions? (thus, there might be some documentation somewhere within the pre-intro page and mentioned in say, the fine print, so to speak. Also, the issue could have something to do with 1 or more unknown issues for the end users part e.g. unknown software issue(s) that say, may be running in the background and possibly causing the problem. Possible RESOLVES(?) Best place to start troubleshooting the mystery is definitively, to call your ISP (to include an affirmative suggestion to insist on speaking with someone in upper management (manager? supervisor? systems operator(s)?) and not say, first point of contact staff.

By jen a.
Questions? Get answers from the InterPals.net staff and other customers.

2 Photos for InterPals.net