Review of InterPals.net

White Plains, NY 10606, US
Tel: 4853123904067

rukiak
9/19/19

I joined this site in 2015 and there seemed to be some genuine people back then and I still keep in contact with few of them(all girls). Guys(most if not all) cannot be trusted on this site because they are only looking for a relationship with you. You will also see many pervy men hitting on you regardless of what you say in your profile saying that you don't want relationships. This is mostly a Tinder site for guys. I should have stopped using this site but I continued to use this site in hopes of finding genuine people who are only interested in friendships. You will probably find 1 genuine person out of 200 people. Also recently the moderator suspended by account without any reason after being a member since 2015. There is no email saying as to why my account was suspended. This site is horrible and I'm glad my account got deleted anyways because I will not be using this $#*!ty website anymore.

victoriam265
8/23/19

If you are looking to learn a new language or make a new friend, this is not the right place for you. This probably used to be a great website to find friends and meet people from all over the world but now it's just a place where desperate and antisocial weirdos look for attention that they don't get IRL.

People don't bother to read your profile or the request section so you'll end up getting a ton of messages from people you have nothing in common with and that you are not interested in talking to. Blocking countries doesn't seem to work either, because I blocked a few and still ended up getting messages. Most messages are creepy and I never even opened most of them. The only time I messaged someone back who actually seemed nice, I had to block him after a few messages because he was constantly trying to direct the conversation to talking about his underwear.

After that, I changed my settings so that only friends can send me messages or write on my wall. I'm gonna keep it that way until the 7 days are up and I can finally delete my account.

dallass34
8/20/19

Interpals long ago used to be a great site. Then two problems emerged. Firstly it´s always going down because their servers can´t cope with demand and I think they definitely have problems paying the bills to keep the site up.
Secondly, the moderators are awful. They delete accounts without warning, they suspend the wrong people. I see people who lie, use nudity and threats and stay there for months. Other users get falsely reported and are then kicked off.
Interpals is a good idea but it needs a major reform and obviously needs a better bandwidth.

pierrej8
6/28/19

i used to be able to get like 30 messages a day after contacting 100 of them. now i cant get anything on a daily basis. its gotten harder then ever to get women to respond. so i mostly quite.

rivkao
6/28/19

This site is awful. You create an account and they'll willy-nilly delete or suspend your account without any defense or being given the opportunity to fix any errors or mistakes you may make on the site in accident. They give you no opportunity to erase your error, they just delete you and delete you and delete you. Even when you're told you can create a new email address and create a new account they'll delete you. This is the worst friendship website on the market today. Do not waste your time on this piece of trash website. I promise you'll regret and get so frustrated with the site you'll want to pull your hair out in frustration.

nicolem395
6/27/19

I joined this site to practice a language, because I've been struggling to find websites where I can type in the language to other people. My inbox was immediately filled with men who don't speak the language I'm looking to learn, so I figured "okay, if I keep blocking them, EVENTUALLY I'll have gotten everyone". I even had a few nice conversations, despite some Russian guy continually accusing me of being fake because I didn't want to speak with him.

Then I got banned for no reason. Maybe because I was using an adblocker? Maybe because the 200 guys I had to block reported me as a scammer or something? I don't know, they won't tell me. I was incredibly disappointed and felt like I wasted my time trying to wade through that cesspool.

kp197
6/10/19

Ran into a scammer from Lagos posing as a woman from Montana. Reported him, had my account shut down by a moderator. They're in business for the scammers.

kates226
6/2/19

it used to be good NOW it is a breeding ground for scammers, who have multiple account of male and female and different profile names , the s.o.b should be banned, surely as admin, you will be able to track their IP or location and reported to authorities, when you guys did not protect your customers , thats where you run out of business. it is so obvious, that these scammer organisation have so many profiles that they forgot they have contacted you with the same photos of a different profile names and different countries.Mostly African countries, they steel your photos and steal your profile notes cos they are illiterate in english and they do internet translation to reply u..thats how bad this site has become. those that were reported to you guys should have their IP banned and weed them out..take action and be the best again

kerylm
5/16/19

I don't want to be vulgar but these sons of b... banned me only after 3 days registering without any explanation !

aliat1
4/27/19

It's just sooo stupid talking with people you don't know.One profile from Turkey started to make wrong assumptions about me just from an interpals site. This doesn't make sense.

joanm222
4/12/19

I really liked Interpals. I was a member of that site for many years. I think that it was one of the first international pen-palling sites I joined. I met many nice people there during many years. Some of them became long-lasting pen-friends, other Facebook friends and I even met some of them in person. All my long-lasting international pen-pals actually come from that site.
Unfortunately, that has changed a lot. Each time I returned to Interpals - the situation got worse. It's actually the same everywhere - Interpals is not some special case. The site is flooded with fake profiles and scammers, the ones you would find on dating sites, like Badoo, Tagged and similar. Good-looking men coming from the USA, UK and similar countries sending you "hi, beautiful" type of messages in their broken English. Fake US soldiers using photos of deceased people. A lot of married men searching for an affair. And - perverts. There are also people who send one-time long messages and after you reply - you never hear from them again.
The interface is not so user-friendly as before. If you delete a profile photo - everything in your profile gets deleted, so you have to write it all over again. The profile photo is mandatory, yet you can post whatever you want, including scenery or animals, so it's pretty pointless.
I deleted my profile a month ago. The pen-pals I met there and I'm still in contact with did it a long time ago. I guess I was the last one to do that.
I'm so sad that Interpals became such a bad site, but I'm not surprised. It's the same everywhere on the internet. During the last year I joined dozens of pen-palling and dating sites and it's the same everywhere. Scammers, fake profiles, cheating married men, perverts, weird (sometimes even scary) types...
I read many reviews of various sites and it seems that other people have the same experiences.
I have no idea where people meet any more. I have profiles on all social networks and I don't see people communicating much. Even Facebook groups got empty. People post their photos and like the photos of others and - that's it, I guess.
I suppose it's only a matter of time until sites like Interpals get closed and disappear from the internet. Such a shame!

danyc10
4/4/19

I tried to give it another shot today, but I got this sick message of a Turkish dude wanting to eat my $#*! for 600 euros. He actually offered me the money. That is so freaking disgusting I reported him, blocked him and left the site again. Seriously..... no way I am going back again....

Tip for consumers: dont waste your time

lunan1
3/5/19

A shocking absence of honest and legitimate members. The scammers and perverts have scared off the decent members.

brianz43
2/2/19

If you are Indian and good looking at the same time, this site is not for you. I think users on this site are either bots or dead

newm35
1/25/19

I'm going to preface this review by saying that IP was never perfect to begin with. However, there's an obvious decline in both the activity on the site and the quality of its members.
I've been on and off IP for probably ten years. In the earlier days when I was on there were still scammers and pervs, but I could find a pen pal very easily. I would always have several people that I could carry on conversations with, nothing deep or long term, but satisfying none the less. I would have so many offers that I had to decline a few just because I was already busy with other pen pals.
Flash forward to today and my age (I'm in my 30's), coupled with the decreased number of *real* IP users, and a month of waiting, I didn't get so much as a single message. Mind you I was quick to lock in my filters, these filters allow you to block individual countries and select age and gender restrictions. It would perhaps be easier to select the countries you do want to hear from because sadly so many of them are flooded with fake users. That being said, I wasn't so restrictive that I blocked everyone, just the men.
This site, I believe, favors the young. The older you get, the fewer members you have to choose from. There are plenty of young users here. Many users are actually fake, they're fairly easy to spot, they often choose English speaking countries for their profiles but they speak in broken English about generalized topics. They like to steal photos from iStock or off of social media, a quick image search usually reveals whose faking.
There are many scammers looking for sex/nude photos, money or to give you a virus (the forums are apparently crawling with them). There are also weird people who want to marry you, push their religion on you, and one elderly woman even claimed that people were asking her to adopt them! Damn.
There are easily 20 profiles faked every hour, that adds up to a lot of users, so don't be fooled by the numbers when it comes to how many are "online". There are twice the number of men on the site compared to women, perhaps this is why so women feel hounded on IP? Do men no longer talk to other men?? The majority of people pefer to speak to Americans, the British, or the Japanese (apparently no one gives a damn about Canada lol). A lot of countries aren't considered desirable or popular, which I'm sure is a drag and might feel a touch isolating.
Sadly Interpals has become more of a dating site with most *real* users looking for love and marriage. Others use the site explicitly to boost their social media followers by linking to every imaginable platform including Etsy.
Aside from all of the above, the site is glitchy, my profile would disappear from search engines and then reappear for no rhyme or reason, which didn't help for being found by anybody. I also had very few people visiting my profile, and only ever when I was logged on. I never had offline views, and maybe averaged about 2 profile views a day (whenever I was online which was fairly frequent).
If you're interested in using Interpals make sure your pen pal requests are clear, set your restrictions, speak fluent English (enough to converse) or simply speak in your own language. Set boundaries and do not share your personal information! And I guess most importantly... Cultivate patience because it may take awhile.

antonb64
1/10/19

Yeah as you know I live in Ukraine . I play soccer there almost every day , and I am happy about this because I love soccer and he means for me more than sport soccer for me like necessary part of me

piaps
12/21/18

Nick men on this site, which at first glance seems very friendly and good person. but he gains the confidence of women all over the world, travels to these countries, lives free of charge with these women, and then morally humiliates them. Never trust this person!

karinj11
12/19/18

This site is FULL of scammers so beware. There are a few genuine people but they are mainly from Asia, which, as an Asian myself, I find boring. Just because it is a free site it has become a playground for these scammers. The moderators do a fairly ok job removing scammers when they are reported but there are still some serious scammers still there so stay safe.

lizs137
9/20/18

There are two types of people who frequent this site.
Those who are genuine about exchange language and interacting with people in an honest way, and those who prey on those with good intentions.

The latter unfortunately, make up the majority of users on interpals. The genuine people quickly get driven away by nuisance messages from people who want to 'be friends' but cannot even be bothered reading a profile to get to know a person, scammers, people who want a free english tuitor and those who want a free peep show or an internet fling because they lack the social skills and/or personality to be able to go out into the world and form meaningful real relationships...or they want a meal ticket into your country by way of 'falling in love with you' after a three sentence exchange (does this method ever fool anyone? really?)
Also there are those that use this social platform to advertise how physically beautiful they are.
Enjoy it while it lasts, because once that fades, you'll have nothing. And fade, it will.
If you value your time and you're a good person, stay away from this site. It is pure unadulterated garbage that attracts and retains filth.

imperrrp
9/8/18

Everywhere perverts and idiots who making disrespect to country. Mostly Chinese and Korean people are idiots. You can write to them and anyway they will not answer or answer with angry. Even if you will write like 300 lines before hello that's doesn't matters. But if you say only Hi you can already forgot about conversation. This site sucks.

alisar13
9/1/18

I have never seen so many angry and violent people on one site. I was shocked by the aggression of people when they figured out that I don't want to have any sexual relationships. I just wanted to speak with a German native speaker for practice, but I got threatened and abused instead. And I haven't spoke German, because there are only a few German-speaking persons there! If you want to practice any foreign language don't go there, that's a scrap-heap.

tomm565
8/6/18

I have been on this site for over 12 years this time around. It has always been a good site for learning and helping with languages. This site went down hill when they added flirting. After that every pervert in the world comes to this site and some try to say they are from countries they are not from to scam people. Most of us are wise to these African scammers and get them shut down real fast only to have them come back again claiming they are someone else. It's more of a game than anything else. There are still good people on here that want to learn languages but it's not the same. Years ago people didn't use age designations for who they wanted to learn from as long as they were learning from a native speaker. Now I think there are other agendas for many people rather than language learning. Oh well, such is life and life goes on.

robertw819
8/5/18

Currently the site has been down for 24 hours. It's annoying that ongoing conversations are interrupted by downtimes..Many profiles say the right things but are not being honest about their reasons for being on the site. Too many pathetic scammers who can't even make an effort to appear sincere.

claudiab81
8/4/18

I deleted one account and reactivated another. And so I was banned from the site. While trying to protect myself from malicious people, I am banned from the site. While bad people are still there. I think they should review the concepts of banishing someone.

annemariey
7/26/18

I am speaking from my point of view as a woman living in a quite rich country. Interpals is mainly consisting of two groups of people: 1) scammers (fake US soldiers in most cases) 2) men from North and West African countries looking for an easy way to start life in a rich country. When you live in such a country you are overloaded with mails from guys age 17 to 60 who are quickly in love with you, tell you they seek their soul mate and so on. Some of them also beg for money (for sick mother, sick father, "schooling" even when they are 30+....) or for a "simple" paper to bring them to your country. Most of those guys are lowly educated and oftenly start talking in an offensive way or start talking about sex. You may find a few people who you really can talk with in a serious way, but this is the exception. It is a waste of time. I am happy that my account was suspended (without warning from moderators) because now I have more time for useful things.

No one of these conditions were available to me because I didn't receive any advice concerning spamming or anything else like that and they année me only after 3 days signing up :(

By Keryl M.

As someone who has ised Ipals for over 7 years and is older than most posters here appear to be, I can say that it has been very useful to me. I have met many people over the years, some have become true friends and visited others will only ever be online, but áras close to me as people in the Real world. Yes there have been scammers, loads of them, even my user name came from a message from a scammer after I reported him, but that is what you do, report them! If they Really are scammers the site removes them. You have to remember this is a Free site and all the moderators are volunteers, so they do the best that they can. Also I would suggest that a lot of the people complaining here are a little inexperienced and naive., you can hardly blame the site for that. If you keep your wits about you and respond to people as you would in life, you can meet some great people that you would never meet in the real world and learn an awful lot. Also, dont complain if someone doesnt respond to "Hello" Its hardly an inspiring openong line is it? I find that the more you tell in your profile the better the response, the same for a message. How the hell do you answer Hello, especially if the progile is one line or word in each box, other than with "Hello" back and that is the end of the conversation. Its a 2 way street, you have to put in too, you cant just whinge that everybody is a weirdo. That would suggest that it is you that are out of your depth and would maybe happier on youtube or twitter. Also, as someone else has written You control who contacts you, by your settings. Of course I have no idea what goes on in the younger branches of the site, I stick firmly to my own age group, as I have nothing to say to younger ones, anymore than they have anything to interest me, but I felt I need to defend what for me has overall been a very good place to communicate.

By Shelagh M.

99.9% of those wearing a uniform in their profile pictures are scammers and fake profiles.

By Tom M.

Please be more specific about the nature of your issue. There's any number of reasons why this could be the case.

Okay. That happens sometimes

By Alexis P.

Other people can only see your messages on Interpals if they know your password. So don't give people your password and it'll be fine.

By Alexis P.

I'm not really sure. Interpals' search system has always been somewhat temperamental and kinda like a genie in the sense that you always have to make sure you've done everything just right to make sure it gives you what you want.

By Alexis P.

Hi, first usual suspects when one is being blocked/prevented from navigating onto a site can include, double check with your (internet service provider) ISP; whomever the company is that you rely upon to get online. Generally speaking, both in earlier times and still, tho nearly as common present day,so still, (a) company=ISP that is offering net access is the owner of their servers. Accordingly, again, as a general rule, as the providers, operators and owners of the servers, they customize whatever settings and the parameters therein, as they like. Other, out of the gate reasons one can be prevented, blocked, from visiting a site, 1 of the most common and still seen on a rare occasion (more so present day) may likely have something to do with the websites international laws versus some end users state, country location. Additional typical reasons, further, can be anything from a glitch? a tech error? to an oversight, say, if somewhere within the fine print there might be a proof of age needed, matter to any number of things that may also be easy to over look? to be altogether, unaware of readily. Depending on the type of website it is has the potential to cause such an issue. For example, age restrictions? (thus, there might be some documentation somewhere within the pre-intro page and mentioned in say, the fine print, so to speak. Also, the issue could have something to do with 1 or more unknown issues for the end users part e.g. unknown software issue(s) that say, may be running in the background and possibly causing the problem. Possible RESOLVES(?) Best place to start troubleshooting the mystery is definitively, to call your ISP (to include an affirmative suggestion to insist on speaking with someone in upper management (manager? supervisor? systems operator(s)?) and not say, first point of contact staff.

By jen a.
Questions? Get answers from the InterPals.net staff and other customers.

2 Photos for InterPals.net