Review of HSBC

Albany, NY 12240, US
Tel: +1-224-880-7000

clareh55
3/10/19

Just to give a big congratulations to National Australia bank who alerted us to an unexpected transfer and then retrieved the money the scammers stole from us. Unfortunately HSBC has not been so helpful and has refused to pursue this matter even though they know the person and the account to which this money went.

sunt15
1/21/19

After openning a company hong kong for new business software because our country not switable for online securised payment.

I try to open a business account bank to HSBC with agent Mister Oscar after 2 months echange and 2 complaints to Autority Monetary Hong kong , We see evidence HSBC hong kong is very bad and only open account for Big company,

HSBC invents again pretext not to open your bank account of your company

Also she want you provide activity 6 months HSBC not understand news company not have 6 months activity without Bank account and company.

Also Autority monetary hong kong ask me HSBC have limite time for send reason
hsbc ask me send and never send now is over 2 months i get lawyer for send is bad bank to the cour for power abus and not respect the banking right

So we Blacklist HSBC BANK with a RED NOTICE !
"IS A CHEAT BANK" we not recommended for your Business.
FOR BUSINESS.

Kind Regards
Sun

bobl230
8/20/18

I attempted a transfer of $2300.00 from my Chase checking to my HSBC checking on 6/25. HSBC unilaterally closed my account (in good standing) after 20 years of being a customer because I refused to provide detailed personal financial information. No problem. I didnt like the bank anyway. However the $2300.00 that I attempted to transfer did not go into my account (because they had closed it) nor did the money get sent back to my Chase account. Today is 8/20. They tell me its not their problem. Chase concluded their investigation with proof that it was not their fault. HSBC has been dragging their feet for 2 months. I have wasted countless hours on the phone and in the branches to no avail. NEVER BANK WITH HSBC UNLESS YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR MONEY IN JEOPARDY.

sweeq
7/24/18

It's time for another review. I am currently a Premier (hah!!) card member - both personal and corporate. HSBC's "PREMIER" telephone service is a joke and an unmitigated disaster. When I call their corporate card number, the silly robot invariably transfers me to the personal card team. It then takes ages for them to transfer me to the right department. (Could HSBC be in cahoots with telcom providers?) I am invariably left waiting so long that I give up. I genuinely believe that this is symptomatic of HSBC's short-termist bottom-line focus. This is a visionless institution that places customer care FAR FAR behind short term profits.

Thankfully, challenger banks have emerged and we have signed up with the best I have ever come across anywhere in the world.

No doubt HSBC has convinced themselves that they are too big to fail and that their customers will be unwilling to switch. This dinosaur fails to recognise that change is unstoppable and the customer-experience is increasingly a powerful driver to stay or move. And it gets progressively easier to move..

deanb86
7/9/18

Awful! Even the most basic customer service eludes them. Pick another..any other bank. They will waste you time and gobble up your money!

hw48
11/30/17

An international Bank that has a solid record of reliability. Customer services are good and transactions done with them are not complicated.

rajua4
11/8/17

I've bought from Lush countless times, and I have never been disappointed in a single product! I love their bubble bars and bath bombs, but the massage bars they offer are also awesome and the scent lingers all day. I always try different bath lines and keep coming back to lush over and over.

karenk146
8/27/17

Amazingly bad Customer support. They make it hard for you to withdraw your money and their online banking service is frequently down.

ernieo7
9/19/16

HSBC as a bank is okish, ( if you have an hsbc account you will know what I mean) their phone app is is a nightmare.
Four times out of ten you cannot connect, when you do its all right if you want nothing more complicated than your balances,, god help you if you want to pay a bill.
Not for the short term memory loss people, or anyone before the Internet was taught at school.

elisabeths10
9/3/16

On 31 August 2016 I was attended by Prasanna because I asked to speak to a manager.
I just want to send a big thank you to her as she was extremely professional and nice and knowledgeable and genuinely cared about my complaint which she sorted out.
Would be great to have more employee like her in HSBC.
Thank you Prasanna!!!

tamiam
4/6/16

Their website is so easy to use and customer support always handy to assist when issues arise. I will recommend to friends and family :-)

franciscor11
2/19/16

People just seem to don't have a clue what they're doing!

alexism36
1/11/16

I received a free flight after barely using my HSBC card.

draganm4
11/21/15

Well designed products to suit everyone needs!

kumarm
9/25/15

They are one of the best banks for insurance which I have cuz they provide the least excess and its affordable as a result to have contents insurance. Recommended.

evieg
5/13/15

shanek16
4/1/15

after banking here for the last couple of years I am amazed that a major bank has a website that simply doesnt work simple manovoers like checking a transaction are virtually impossible If you want something complex like a statement for get. It became so impossible to obtain some end of year tax information and a few statements that I was forced to hand the login details to my account. This entire office were unable to find anything -But just when you think it couldnt be any worse ask for a statement and you get a message producing of statements has been outsourced to a third party and you have to ring them Of course when you ring you cant get them That is all true a internet backing website that cannot even produce a simple statement -It doesnt stop there but time doesnt permit to describe all the crazy feature- if you want online banking forget us.hsbc

ahmadn8
3/29/15

I used it in UAE and everything worked fine.
In the first year i had to call customer service 4 or 5 times that's all
some other banks you have to call daily :(

aniaf
12/29/13

Easy to use web interface and great customer help.

michaelb104
8/20/13

Provides us a robust online banking experience that lets us handle multiple currencies easily.

lorrainew3
2/6/12

Back in 2007 I received a phone call from HSBC one night. Since I was currently out of work because of a terminal illness. I was trying very hard to pay of some of my debts. Before becoming ill I had a great job and was able to use credit cards. I only had one at the time it was Capital One. When I first signed up for this card I purchased the insurance protection just in case I ever became ill that they would make payments for me. Well little to say they only paid $19.00 per month toward there card. I was upset because if you can't make full payments on a card the interest falls into the highest 24% bracket. Well we all know you can never pay this off. Since I really wanted this credit card paid off but had no way to pay it at the time. I just allowed the card company to keep paying this $19.00 per month. Well back to the phone call that I received from HSBC. I received a call from a representative that offered me a way out. He told me that if I decided to go with HSBC that they could do a balance transfer to Capital One and pay them off. Also he told me that I would have 0% interest for 12 months. I told the representative that I may do this but I needed to also get new tires for my truck and wanted to have left over credit on the card to buy them. I asked him what was the limit he could offer me? He said he could get me a $5000.00 limit. Since I needed to pay $1500.00 to Capital One this would leave me $3500.00 left over so I could buy tires and still have some credit for other things. Also I would have 12 full months to pay them back with no interest. I asked the representative over and over again if he was sure that the limit would be $5000.00. He told me not to worry and he was absolutely positive that I would have this limit on the new card. I explained to him that I was skeptical because I have dealt with many other card companies in the past and sometimes they do not keep there end of the bargain. I advised him that I was a bill collector and know how it works. He told me to hold one and he would make sure that I was approved before I agree. He then placed me on a brief hold and when he came back he again said I was approved. I told him that if everything did not go as he said that I would be very upset. When the representative first called he said he was from Discover. I went ahead and told him to go ahead and do the balance transfer to Capital One and gave him all there information. He advised me that I would have my new card in 5-7 business days. One week later I received a letter and the card in the mail. I will never forget how mad I was when I opened the letter up. The letter stated that I only had a credit limit of $2000.00. Also the card was not a true Discover card it was from the Discover Network. So if a balance transfer for $1500.00 was to go to Capital One this would only leave $500,00 left. This was not even enough to buy new tires for my truck. I was so mad I called them up and got a supervisor on the line and told him how his representative lied to me and tricked me into taking out a card that he promised would have a $5000.00 limit on it. I explained to him the reason and what I needed it for. Well the supervisor told me that there was nothing he could do. H advised me that the balance transfer to Capital One had been made and that at least I did not have to worry about that card anymore. I told him that I really did not care because I did appreciate being lied to and felt that it was deceitful entrapment in order to get me to go with them, regardless of them paying off the other card. I advised him that this kind of sales marketing was against the law and that he should listen to the call that was made to me by his representative promising me of a $ 5000.00 credit limit. Well he still blew me off and I hung up on him. I then began to think of a way to fix these jerks and thought to myself two can play this game. Since I just went out of work the year before I still had an ace in the whole. I had one more income tax return. I went and got my return done and when I received it. I decided to pay the whole $1500.00 back to the HSBC bank before my 12 month 0% time frame. This way I could kill two birds with one stone. Also they could not charge me a dime in interest. This is exactly what I did. I first called them to get an exact payoff good through the entire month and then sent them a check in the amount of $1529.00 to make sure it was $1.00 over. They way they would have to send me back a check for $1.00. Then after I received proof that they where paid off. I called them again and advised them I was cutting up there card as we speak. After that I wrote there corporate office a letter explaining every thing that took place. I advised them that if I wanted to be a real B, that I could file a complaint with the BBB and let them know about the entrapment. I then faxed the letter to them and waited for them to respond. They wrote me back letter saying that the next time I wanted to pay off another card company that I should go to a bank and apply for a loan. I laughed my butt off. I thought to myself how does it feel HSBC for someone to use you? To this day I have no credit cards. I believe in cash on the barrel. I would rather save for something than give my money to rip off card companies. I hope this review helps other not to get roped into maybe many years of grief. www.hsbc.com

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the HSBC staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HSBC