Review of H&R Block

H&R Block reviews

copyrightinfringement@hrblock.com

davidp869
1/25/19

I was a customer of H and R block for over 25 years. I always Paid for their protection insurance. But they failed to follow email direction that was given to them and they cost me several thousands of dollars. The outrightly lied and said they never received any information and they would not support their claim to supporting their client do not use them. I have also listed complaints on the BBB And I received one call back and they didn't have 1 good piece of information Concerning my account our complaint. I tried several times to call them back and they simply tell you that the file is closed and no one is there to talk to you.

freds143
2/21/18

I've been with them in Maui for the past 20 years and never felt comfortable with them. For the past 2 years they have made so many mistakes not only with my Federal and Hawaii taxes but also my Excise tax. And of course these offices send me letters of wrong payments, late payments and fines to deal with. I, in turn send this documents off to H&R Block on Vinyard St. Waiuku, and even after scanning all the documents and calling them they never respond or deal with all the problems. They know they screwed up, and I have to deal with it. They just want me to go away.

ireneg27
5/2/17

I was overcharged and they could not itemize anything. I tried talking on the phone to a manager and I was told that I took to much of his time and hung up on me. I have never paid that much for a relatively simple IRS Return. Not going back.

davidt222
4/4/17

The absolute worst service I have ever received and a total mistake to even try. I needed a simple return filed for an LLC. This was what I stated when I went into the office to make the appointment three weeks prior. This is what I stated when I was called by the office the day of my alleged first appointment which was cancelled due to the "information system" being down to be shuffled to an Elba Holguin. That is what I told the front desk when I dropped off my documentation a week ahead of time. When I arrived some 15 minutes early I was told to sit in the bullpen and wait for Ms Holguin who strolled in a few minutes late. No big deal. When summoned into her office she looked at me like I was a walk-in and she had no idea why I was there. I mentioned what the appointment was to be and relayed that I had dropped off all the necessary documentation a week earlier and that they better have it as that was the only paper copy of the LLC agreement I had. She finally snapped to the fact that "her boss" had taken the materials and that she needed to be the one to do the return and that I needed to return to the waiting area untikl she could shoehorn me in. Forty five minutes later I had to ask the receptionist what was going on since no one seemed to be able to enlighten me. After an hour of nothing I told the new receptionist... a woman singularly unqualified for that position...I needed to know that I was either going to be in with Monica Hardeman ("Wait a minute....who???") whom, I was told, was the only person qualified to file that type of return in the next 15 minutes or to please return my documentation. My documents were returned a few minutes later with the news that Ms. Hardeman would not be able to ever meet with me and a terse "Sorry." Was I happy---no! Simply put, my time is worth at least as much if not more than Monica Hardeman's. Was I rude---absolutely not--- in any way!
These people are easily the most un-professional individuals I've ever encountered in my over- 30 years in business. It serves me right to try and skimp on a fee for a simple return and to not use a real and professional tax preparer.

USE THIS OFFICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If they are that lame at simply setting up an appointment with the correct preparer...and then keeping it..how secure are you going to be with them filing your return.

waynes33
4/12/16

Filing online with H&R Block was very easy. The major problem I had was that the price of the process was over $70 this year, which is no small amount for a small business owner. Another thing that caused me a lot of stress, was the fact that my refund was projected to be 04/13/2016 by the IRS . Since I used my refund to pay for the filing I went to the forums and asked them how long my refund would take. Their own customer service told me it would be a week, then I saw a projected date of 04/23/2016 on the H&R Block website which led me to believe that I would not get my deposit for an additional 10 days. This morning I wake up, it is 04/13/2016 and my refund was already in my account. So I stressed out for nothing.

esthers14
3/19/16

Just got ripped off by H&R Block,paid $455 for simple tax return,year ago I paid $120!!
After 30 min going thru my paper work she Quote me $406.00 ,two min later it was $455 and denied $406!!! H&R are Con Artist!!! Never again!!!

kene18
2/14/16

Last year I went to a HR Block office spent $220 I was heading out to one but wanted to check out there website and starting at $34 this is a big saving for me I got my taxes done in about 30 minutes and you don't pay until your done the only problem was I hit the extra $35 for best of both worlds and change my mine and I could not get it off that why I'll give 4 out of 5 so total cost was $79 but that better then $220

robertf40
4/4/15

Their Website is fine; but it stops there!! My regular firm decided this year to go out of business (so sad, 15 years of great reliable service). I was in a hurry as I planned for a business trip overseas. Block was close to home, convenient plus I was in a hurry to get it done. After about 4 yours my taxes were done and everything submitted to FED & State. By the time I got home that day I had a few Emails from them; two telling me the FED & State had accepted the returns, burden lifted. By the time I was ready to leave for the trip I had received a number of Emails from them, mostly about how I rated the service. I sent back an Email stating the service rep. met my expectations. Well it seems that was not enough as I kept getting forms to complete; how did I?, and would I questions. [DEL] key. To no avail continued to requests. I do NOT and will NOT recommend any business or services to any of my friends, if they have a bad experience it is suddenly your fault and peuff an angry friend. I can only suggest do not give them your Email.

chadh24
3/17/15

So HR Block owes me 89.90 because of a website problem that over charged me and all I get I'd esclated to another level, even after I sent all requested paper work.

maryt1
3/4/14

I have used HR block on and off for several years. I have used them online and as a walk in client. I can tell you they definitely are not free but they are cheap. It cost me under $100 every time I walked in and it took about 30 minutes. They do a great job of keeping your files and they do seem to ask better questions than I would have thought of on my own. Very worth it for me for the peace of mind knowing my taxes have been properly filed.

gregy
5/6/13

H&R Block is yesterday's tax news. It's just not worth it anymore. Better to use Turbo Tax or another really cheap online tax company. Or get a real CPA if you have complicated taxes. Hopefully our lousy government will reform the tax code so we don't need these stupid services anymore.

Questions? Get answers from the H&R Block staff and other customers.

H&R Block?