Review of Howrse

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Tel: 0.0810580253

kellyh289
8/14/18

It used to be an awesome game but now it is a money hungry machine that cares nothing for its players. Expect to be sanctioned for no reason, have rules changed on a whim, and for the admin and moderators to not give a care about what you have to say with some to most of them not having a working knowledge of the game.

melodyg23
8/14/18

They never listen to complaints or concerns. If you feel if another player is being rude to u they will side in their favour so long as they didnt curse or use black listed words. They're making it harder to get passes too. They recently added a new feature that literally every player said no to when they put it on the test server. They also recently to me accidentally deposited a large sum of money into my bank account. They did not tell me about it at all, and 3 days later when they realized this happened without my consent they withdrew that money from my bank. It was their finds to begin with yes but they just made the withdrawal without telling me or asking for consent, thus I feel they completely violated my privacy. And what do they do when I SHOW them what happened? $#*! all. And they try to tell me it was delayed charges. I used to love the game and still love the overall gameplay, but their managment has me feeling completely violated of my privacy

evilg1
8/5/18

Perhaps one of the the worst games to exist. Incompetent administration, corrupt moderations and a gaggle of players who can do no wrong.

There is no free speech on this website called howrse.con. Any complaints about the company will get you docked karma (their magical system for silencing players) and they will restrict your gameplay functions. Anything said MUST be sugarcoated or the admin or one of their brainwashed moderators will target you for the rest of your game.

Their "contact us" is the WORST. Administration do not have provide proof for any of their actions, citing "privacy reasons". I'm pretty sure that's illegal or something, but since Howrse is an obscure game, they can skirt these regulations. Their behavior is also hilarious. Replies seem to be automated, and there is no consideration of the human behind the screen. You have no rights on this game, and admin can and WILL sanction you and ban you.

Their game rules are not "exhaustive", which means if they don't like you, they will find a way to make a rule so that you can be sanctioned. They must be getting pay rises for banning the players honestly. Just a power hungry corrupt team of incompetent "people".

Now, the game isn't sucky at all. It's quite addicting, with a handful of decent players. But do I recommend it? No! You'll be screwed over sooner or later.

If more curious about the human rights violations that go on at this game everyday, join a Facebook group about Howrse. Howrse Drama Support does a good job of outlining the abuses.

Tip for consumers: Get away while you can!

sophiem57
7/31/18

So... I played a little while ago and had a great reputation on the site. I had valuable horses I worked tirelessly to get, a top ranked equestrian centre. I worked hard. Than my Aunty and Nan both died in the same year. My dad got cancer and I was trying to study full time. Only recently have I been able to go back now that things are settled. But I can't... they deleted my account. This is absolutely pathetic! There is no excuse for deleting accounts due to inactivity. Pathetic! Literally every other account based games hold onto that information indefinitely. I have many and have not played some of these for actual years and I could still go back today with no issues. Absolutely awful. All my time and money down the drain. And the worst part for me? Is that they don't say it ANYWHERE that they delete inactive accounts! Literally no where. I checked their rules and help centre and it's not anywhere on the website. It's deceitful and nasty. Now all of my valuable horses are just gone and my passes I had just paid for before my life fell to pieces and I didn't have time to play for a while. It's jaur absolutely shameful of a company to do this. It's like if you go buy groceries and put them in your cupboard, but your supplier thinks you took to long to eat it so he steals it and destroys it.

sarahm558
7/21/18

I was playing this game for maybe more than 6yo and this changes made me sad. This game was so awesome, i could play with my friends and that was fun.
But later? I was must delete my acc, bcs everything was RLLY messy. Too much rules... Like dystopia.

cathlenew1
7/21/18

I have been on this game for years... and i mean easily 5-8 years. I worked so hard to build up passes, and horses, and breeds, and build up an equestrian center and games within this game to have a pretty awesome set up. I was thoroughly dissapointed when my personal life changed a bit and after having to take some time of from the game i login to see MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN DELETED..... my email wasn't even associated with the game anymore. YEARS and so much time of work and real money was WASTED on this game. only to have my account deleted without notice, without warning, just GONE... I'm so heart broken and disapointed in the game. i don't even want to take the time to start over after spending so much time investing myself into this game.... so upset.

carroth
7/19/18

Howrse used to be the best game to play, but now not so much.
They really only care about your money.
Just this year there have been there outrageous changes that have made countless riots amongst players. And oh God forbid you disagree with a mod or admin and BAM instant ban hammer and/or karma loss.
I give it a year before it closes down

nikolineg
7/5/18

I don't think they know what they're doing, me and my sisters got banned without warning because they thought that one person was behind all three of them. I emailed about their misunderstanding but they wouldn't even discuss or consider to lift the ban. They say people learn from their mistakes, but the howrse team don't give you the chance.

daniq
6/12/18

First off, I have played this game on both servers, International and USA. The game is full of greedy people who like to scam you of your hard work. The game itself can be very unfair to its users and I believe their goal is money, not the well being of their users. The game doesn't allow multi-accounts but allows people of the same "family" to have accounts when in reality it is not that hard to say you're family and then be multi-accounting. I have seen and heard many issues of Howrse wrongly accusing people who have worked hard and then deleted their accounts. The game itself is poorly created and is full of greedy people. I do NOT recommend this game as young players get taken advantage of the Promos always make you pay real money, and for young players it is very unfair. I will not be returning to this game by any means or recommending it at all.

Tip for consumers: Awful game, very unfair

lexies1
5/23/18

First off, I would just like to point out that the people who say it was better before it was owned by Owlient are misinformed. I was on the game when it was only 6 months old and I can tell you Owlient was the ORIGINAL company. The problem is that it's now owned by Owlient through Ubisoft, making Ubisoft the main source of the problem.
Before Ubisoft bought it, it didn't heavily rely on spending real money to be at the top of the pack. Today, you either have to be someone from the very start of the game that never restarted your account or be a frequent pass buyer to get up to the top.
You've also got divines and special horses that are honestly so common now because a new one comes out every month that they're not all that special anymore.
The graphics are a little too focused on being realistic that they're actually losing their touch on reality. It was far better when they were cuter. They still had a touch of realism, but were also cute.
You can only breed donkeys and drafts three times in their lifespan, no more. Honestly, if there was any kind of species that such a restriction should be put on, it should be the unicorns so that they can remain special, and remove the probability of getting a uni foal to make it a guarantee if they were to go that route. Donkeys and drafts should be able to be bred far more frequently.
The karma system (both old and new) are totally hackable. Honestly, if you're a pass buyer and don't have anything to lose, with the new system, you can just restart your game and boom. Back up to 10 karma instead of whatever number you were dropped down to. With the old system, if you lost karma, you could just buy some passes and regain them. The karma system doesn't do squat to tell you who's a bad and who's a good player. I've even had a friend that got dropped to 5 karma points and suspended for 3 days because she posted on her profile page that she wouldn't advertise the game to anyone else because it was going downhill, and Howrse marked that as an attack on them. She didn't bash on them or anything, she just said that she didn't approve of the changes being made and thus she wouldn't tell her friends to join it.
There's also the fact that trying to report someone now, can often backfire. Howrse rarely looks into the details of the situation anymore and just offers punishments straight up because someone reported someone else, and often times for something they didn't even do. You can tell someone that's begging you to sell them one of your horses no, and that's all you have to do is just tell them no, nothing else, and they can report you and you will get in trouble for it, ranging anywhere from a temporary ban from the PM system to losing karma. It's ridiculous.
The new rules are also becoming a bit absurd. They say it's to demote cheating and avoid becoming a game known for its cheating, but in all honesty, I think it's simply because they're tired of having the younger kids on the game whine about how some of the older players have more experience and knowledge on how to get around some of the road blocks in comparison. Seriously... it's called Google... you can learn just about anything from it about almost anything you want, including little tips and tricks about online games such as Howrse.
They used to have wonderful things like Riding Levels (which pretty much required you to learn a couple of things about horses so that you could improve your game experience, thus making the game educational back at the time,) quests, all sorts of wonderful and fun things, including diseases and medicine for diseases, things that made it challenging, that made you have to work to keep your horse farm productive and alive, that required you to actually think rather than coast, that got taken away because lazier kids complained about it being "too hard."
This game also has changes every month. EVERY MONTH! I am not even remotely exaggerating. Some are rule changes, some are play changes, some are changes for special accounts... but either way... way too many changes. It'd be one thing if they were bug changes, but they're not. They're often pointless changes that didn't even need changed.
I would not recommend this game. I only still play it because I have dear friends on there that I don't wish to lose contact with. If you want a horse simulation game, I would recommend Equiverse or Horse Eden Eventing. Those two games even include genetics for breeding, unlike Howrse.

Tip for consumers: Seriously... this game is going downhill. In the past month, it has lost 10,000 players. Do the math, that's an average of losing over 300 players a day. Granted some of them are old and abandoned accounts, but others are people who have realized that this game is going down because of its changes.

caithyt
5/9/18

They made new rules about passhorses where you can't sell them or you will be getting 2 karma. just got 2 karma and cant do anything for 3 months. They only try to make money and don't care about the players.

tf47
4/18/18

i bought passes yesterday. did not receive them. i contacted rixity they did receive my money and said howrse is the problem i contacted them they are still looking into it. i sent them screenshot and transaction number still no passes. this game is going down hill fast. it was much better before owlient. so beware if you buy passes. they are a bunch of scammers

nameh2
2/13/18

This game was 100% better before it was owned by Owlient. Now it's just a farm for that company to make money off the players, and if you complain about this your posts get blocked or your account gets deleted. The people who buy passes get all kinds of free stuff and it's near impossible to compete with them without paying money.

You can't do anything with your account, they've got it locked in so you can hardly even trade for pass items at all; you can't advertise your horses for sale, or exchange horses for pass items (in case you get around the trading limitations, because they want you to buy a paid account to get this functionality); you can't even change your time zone to a place outside of the US (on the US server) without asking the game owners.

In the promotional events, the rewards are $#*! (never any pass items, the only thing you'd want to get anyway) and half the time you have to give a pass item to get points towards some non-pass reward. In some promos you get 'gifts' that can only be used in another promo (in Advent Calendar you get ornaments which are used in the Christmas Tree promo??) You can't get any of the best rewards without passes or insane amounts of in-game cash.

Tip for consumers: Find some other horse game to play, this one will just piss you off.

avar18
12/31/17

Howrse is a fun game that is captivating and fun. However, they have taken away so many things over the years like the quests! There are too many updates that just make the game worse. Also, I moved and because of all the work (packing, unpacking, adjusting to the new home) I wasn't able to log on to my account. Soon, I tried to log on but my account had been deleted because I wasn't on for 90 days!!! Also, the game is run by users who pay money to earn more things in the game. If you don't buy Howrse money with real money, you won't get anywhere in the game. Also, if you buy something that has a chance of giving you a divine (aka Horn of plenty) or take part in an event that has a divine as one of the prizes, you won't get the divine. The mods are unfair. Fun game, but bad management of the game.

taylorg39
12/7/17

I started playing this game about 2 years ago and stopped playing for a period of time for various reasons. One day I try to log back in only to discover that my account was deleted by the server because I hadn't been active in 90 days! I worked very hard to get to the high status I had been sitting at only to have it wiped away because someone decided this ridiculous "rule" was a good thing. If that wasn't bad enough they changed the entire game to a point where I don't even want to play anymore. I tried to create a new account to start over but I was instantly turned off and deleted the account.

nevaehd1
11/26/17

So I was recommended this game by a friend and when I try to make an account and complete the tutorial it continuously has glitches and I can get passed the buying tack for Gia area. When ever I click on the green arrow it just goes back to that same page.

baileyw20
11/7/17

I have played this game a couple of times and its very disappointing. The older howrse was a little better but I'm so disappointed with the new howrse. you can barely do anything even when you first start. honestly just a waste of time. I'm going to keep playing to get to know the game a lot more which may change my mind. but I can only do this when I can actually log in.

wolfwing
10/4/17

I am a player on the US server of Howrse; you can find me by the name Wolfwing. I was a happy, semi-competitive skiller/crossbreeder. All was going well, until today (10/4/17) I tried to log into my account, since I get on every day, even just to do as little as play a promo or AP farm sometimes.

I hit the login button, ready to go play, and instead of my home page, there is a popup that says: "You can't continue... You cannot log in because your account is still banned for 29 days 20 hours (reason: Multiple accounts are against the GUC. Suspension of extra accounts.)"

I was confused beyond words. I didn't know why my account was banned, since my only working account is Wolfwing (I was formerly on the site in the past as cjedziniak (deleted to change the name; it wasn't possible back then) and Arctic Falcon (automatically deleted due to inactivity after just one and a half months... why?!)). I had been accepting all friend requests that were sent to me; maybe one of them hacked me. Who knows?

Over all 248 days that I have been on Howrse (as well as over 1000 more in the past), I have been on my very best behavior, obeying all the rules, even the pointless ones. I've even spent hours helping out new players on the forums. I've had perfect karma this whole time... now HALVED because a false accusation. They deleted my presentation (which brightened up many players' days), and replaced it with "Wolfwing hasn't arrived yet!".

In a month, I will be using my account for the final time... to auction my awesome horses to anyone who wants them, for just 500e per horse as the starting price. I have tons of skillers, donkeys, draft horses, unicorns, immortals, and otherwise amazing horses. Look for my auctions starting on November 5th; someone will be very satisfied.

And, just to tick off those unfair admins before I leave forever, I shall post randomness in the forums, say others' usernames (with the users' permission, of course), post memes, as well as breaking other pointless rules after my auctions are finished, just before deleting my account. I've also left behind a new second account called Wolfwing1 for you guys to deal with.

On approximately November 9th, your helpful buddy Wolfwing will be off Howrse forever. After 4 years, my account will become dead ash, like the character it was named after. Ow, I hope you are ready for the troll army coming your way!

Tip for consumers: Don't accept friend requests you don't know, and if you want to get good, all you need is DETERMINATION!

And as for the administrators who locked my account: please interrogate before you randomly lock an account without warning.

gracez7
8/18/17

This is the best game ever! The Contests are so fun and the trophies are compelling so you never get bored! You can join a team and try and breed top-notch horses and you can be a casual player and still have fun!!! Though I would recommend making contests easier for the non-pass buyers. It gets kinda hard. and for the pinatas event, I really want Sequoia to get the grizzly companion but It's kinda hard for the non-pass buyer.

Tip for consumers: P.S The Game might be boring at first but stick with it. I promise you that it will be amazing. The pic below is the pinatas event. So howrse can know what I'm talking about. :)

brittneyb16
7/30/17

When it comes to certain situations, via having to share one laptop with your family, Howrse will overlook this as "multi-accounting" with their "effective tools" that detect such things. Top ranked people with lots of money/equus, seem to be ignored. Whether they multi-account, horse traffick.. anything! They are pure as can be in Howrse's eyes and don't get 60 day bans like me and my 2 sisters do. SUCH a disappointment. You will have little players in the upcoming year Howrse!

kayj25
7/25/17

Hello, I gave howrse a try for a third time and am quitting again. The first time I played for skiller/grand prix and bought pass - too expensive so quit. Also, an endless cycle of racing time to stay on top with a new skiller "horse" every day or two. The second time, I bought no pass, tried to just have a number of pass horses. This proved way too time-consuming. This time (quitting today and will never play again) I decided to just keep it simple buy a few pass and play a more relaxed but semi-competitive game. Again, too time-consuming, still requires pass to play easily and for fun, and you never "win". No matter well you do there is no real "reward." The game is just frustrating. I wanted a simple time killer and didn't mind spending a small amount now and then for the privilege, but it is just not fun and I hate the daily obligation to keep the EQ going correctly, etc.. I don't recommend this game.

peacht
7/10/17

I created accounts for my kids a few years ago under the rule under the age of 13 had to use their parents email address. They started to have fun and put real money into their games - Christmas, Easter and birthday money- and without warning the administration deleted the accounts of three of my kids.
They were heart broken.

Recently one of my daughters - whose account wasn't deleted- decided to go back and play casually. I decided to join her and they banned my account for 60 days under the claim that I had multiple accounts and signed in on someone else account. I contacted them explained that I didn't have more than one account, that my daughter and I share a computer and that she had originally signed up with my email address but they refused my request to lift the banned on my account.
They stated that they have "effective tools" that help them identify when rules are broken and that this make the punishment justified. They have refused to talk to me any further on the matter.

If you enjoy disappointment and love to be taken advantage of howrse is the game for you.

P.s. The high ranking breeding teams on this website seem to run things.

Tip for consumers: Don't put any real money into this game and don't get too invested in it.

hellow5
5/15/17

Nobody should play this game I was hacked and nobody did anything about it, I was locked out of my account, howrse is trying to scam your money, out of 10 I give this. Game 0.00001

loul41
1/30/17

OK....I have a TON of issues with the way this game is run as many other reviewers had mentioned. BUT I would like to share something in concerns of free passes through Woobi offers. I was banned from my Howrse account recently after receiving free passes through Woobi offers. Apparently Woobi gave me 9 passes that I had earned doing surveys etc. THEN tried to take the 9 passes I earned, back from my Howrse account after they had already been spent. Resulting in -9 passes altogether on my account, and a ban until I could pay back all 9 passes. I felt like I was scammed here in this moment with owlient. The worst part about all of this was i was originally banned only for -2 passes to begin with, then after about 3 months of not logging on to my account after being pissed from being banned in the fist place is when I saw my -2 passes had become -9. I was irate. Customer service didn't do $#*! as usual. Never have I heard of people being banned for this $#*!. Put a god damn warning about woobi offers!!!! Can't believe that they can give u passes and take them from your account. Joke was on Howrse though, I literally paid back all my -pass debt with more free offers. Unbanned but still very pissed off and NEVER will I use WOOBI offers again. Complete crock of $#*!. Free offers my ass.

beckys55
1/12/17

Okay so I would like to state i do enjoy the game itself. I like collecting my horses and whatnot. I do NOT appreciate being falsely accused of something. I was playing the game one day and it randomly logged me out stating I was banned for multiple accounts. Now my husband and 5 year old daughter had accounts and we all share a device so I figured that's what confused them. When I contacted them they said they were justified and would not reverse the ban. So I sent them ANOTHER email and said "your punishing my family for being low income and sharing a device, and I don't deserve accusations thrown in not just my face but my husband's and 5 year old daughters too" they told me to watch my mouth or they would delete my account. I would've deleted it myself but I have 10 Divines, and have never spent a penny on their damn game and didn't want to give them the satisfaction. 6 months later my husband or daughter are still banned, and I'm not allowed to use the forums. Try telling your 5 year old that even though she didn't do anything wrong, they can still punish her. I just keep my account active to spite them, I've played for 5 years and never got sanctioned, doesn't matter. I seriously can't stand the administration or MODS.

Questions? Get answers from the Howrse staff and other customers.

Howrse?