Review of Howrse

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Tel: 0.0810580253

taylorg39
12/7/17

I started playing this game about 2 years ago and stopped playing for a period of time for various reasons. One day I try to log back in only to discover that my account was deleted by the server because I hadn't been active in 90 days! I worked very hard to get to the high status I had been sitting at only to have it wiped away because someone decided this ridiculous "rule" was a good thing. If that wasn't bad enough they changed the entire game to a point where I don't even want to play anymore. I tried to create a new account to start over but I was instantly turned off and deleted the account.

nevaehd1
11/26/17

So I was recommended this game by a friend and when I try to make an account and complete the tutorial it continuously has glitches and I can get passed the buying tack for Gia area. When ever I click on the green arrow it just goes back to that same page.

baileyw20
11/7/17

I have played this game a couple of times and its very disappointing. The older howrse was a little better but I'm so disappointed with the new howrse. you can barely do anything even when you first start. honestly just a waste of time. I'm going to keep playing to get to know the game a lot more which may change my mind. but I can only do this when I can actually log in.

wolfwing
10/4/17

I am a player on the US server of Howrse; you can find me by the name Wolfwing. I was a happy, semi-competitive skiller/crossbreeder. All was going well, until today (10/4/17) I tried to log into my account, since I get on every day, even just to do as little as play a promo or AP farm sometimes.

I hit the login button, ready to go play, and instead of my home page, there is a popup that says: "You can't continue... You cannot log in because your account is still banned for 29 days 20 hours (reason: Multiple accounts are against the GUC. Suspension of extra accounts.)"

I was confused beyond words. I didn't know why my account was banned, since my only working account is Wolfwing (I was formerly on the site in the past as cjedziniak (deleted to change the name; it wasn't possible back then) and Arctic Falcon (automatically deleted due to inactivity after just one and a half months... why?!)). I had been accepting all friend requests that were sent to me; maybe one of them hacked me. Who knows?

Over all 248 days that I have been on Howrse (as well as over 1000 more in the past), I have been on my very best behavior, obeying all the rules, even the pointless ones. I've even spent hours helping out new players on the forums. I've had perfect karma this whole time... now HALVED because a false accusation. They deleted my presentation (which brightened up many players' days), and replaced it with "Wolfwing hasn't arrived yet!".

In a month, I will be using my account for the final time... to auction my awesome horses to anyone who wants them, for just 500e per horse as the starting price. I have tons of skillers, donkeys, draft horses, unicorns, immortals, and otherwise amazing horses. Look for my auctions starting on November 5th; someone will be very satisfied.

And, just to tick off those unfair admins before I leave forever, I shall post randomness in the forums, say others' usernames (with the users' permission, of course), post memes, as well as breaking other pointless rules after my auctions are finished, just before deleting my account. I've also left behind a new second account called Wolfwing1 for you guys to deal with.

On approximately November 9th, your helpful buddy Wolfwing will be off Howrse forever. After 4 years, my account will become dead ash, like the character it was named after. Ow, I hope you are ready for the troll army coming your way!

Tip for consumers: Don't accept friend requests you don't know, and if you want to get good, all you need is DETERMINATION!

And as for the administrators who locked my account: please interrogate before you randomly lock an account without warning.

gracez7
8/18/17

This is the best game ever! The Contests are so fun and the trophies are compelling so you never get bored! You can join a team and try and breed top-notch horses and you can be a casual player and still have fun!!! Though I would recommend making contests easier for the non-pass buyers. It gets kinda hard. and for the pinatas event, I really want Sequoia to get the grizzly companion but It's kinda hard for the non-pass buyer.

Tip for consumers: P.S The Game might be boring at first but stick with it. I promise you that it will be amazing. The pic below is the pinatas event. So howrse can know what I'm talking about. :)

brittneyb16
7/30/17

When it comes to certain situations, via having to share one laptop with your family, Howrse will overlook this as "multi-accounting" with their "effective tools" that detect such things. Top ranked people with lots of money/equus, seem to be ignored. Whether they multi-account, horse traffick.. anything! They are pure as can be in Howrse's eyes and don't get 60 day bans like me and my 2 sisters do. SUCH a disappointment. You will have little players in the upcoming year Howrse!

kayj25
7/25/17

Hello, I gave howrse a try for a third time and am quitting again. The first time I played for skiller/grand prix and bought pass - too expensive so quit. Also, an endless cycle of racing time to stay on top with a new skiller "horse" every day or two. The second time, I bought no pass, tried to just have a number of pass horses. This proved way too time-consuming. This time (quitting today and will never play again) I decided to just keep it simple buy a few pass and play a more relaxed but semi-competitive game. Again, too time-consuming, still requires pass to play easily and for fun, and you never "win". No matter well you do there is no real "reward." The game is just frustrating. I wanted a simple time killer and didn't mind spending a small amount now and then for the privilege, but it is just not fun and I hate the daily obligation to keep the EQ going correctly, etc.. I don't recommend this game.

peacht
7/10/17

I created accounts for my kids a few years ago under the rule under the age of 13 had to use their parents email address. They started to have fun and put real money into their games - Christmas, Easter and birthday money- and without warning the administration deleted the accounts of three of my kids.
They were heart broken.

Recently one of my daughters - whose account wasn't deleted- decided to go back and play casually. I decided to join her and they banned my account for 60 days under the claim that I had multiple accounts and signed in on someone else account. I contacted them explained that I didn't have more than one account, that my daughter and I share a computer and that she had originally signed up with my email address but they refused my request to lift the banned on my account.
They stated that they have "effective tools" that help them identify when rules are broken and that this make the punishment justified. They have refused to talk to me any further on the matter.

If you enjoy disappointment and love to be taken advantage of howrse is the game for you.

P.s. The high ranking breeding teams on this website seem to run things.

Tip for consumers: Don't put any real money into this game and don't get too invested in it.

hellow5
5/15/17

Nobody should play this game I was hacked and nobody did anything about it, I was locked out of my account, howrse is trying to scam your money, out of 10 I give this. Game 0.00001

loul32
1/30/17

OK....I have a TON of issues with the way this game is run as many other reviewers had mentioned. BUT I would like to share something in concerns of free passes through Woobi offers. I was banned from my Howrse account recently after receiving free passes through Woobi offers. Apparently Woobi gave me 9 passes that I had earned doing surveys etc. THEN tried to take the 9 passes I earned, back from my Howrse account after they had already been spent. Resulting in -9 passes altogether on my account, and a ban until I could pay back all 9 passes. I felt like I was scammed here in this moment with owlient. The worst part about all of this was i was originally banned only for -2 passes to begin with, then after about 3 months of not logging on to my account after being pissed from being banned in the fist place is when I saw my -2 passes had become -9. I was irate. Customer service didn't do $#*! as usual. Never have I heard of people being banned for this $#*!. Put a god damn warning about woobi offers!!!! Can't believe that they can give u passes and take them from your account. Joke was on Howrse though, I literally paid back all my -pass debt with more free offers. Unbanned but still very pissed off and NEVER will I use WOOBI offers again. Complete crock of $#*!. Free offers my ass.

beckys55
1/12/17

Okay so I would like to state i do enjoy the game itself. I like collecting my horses and whatnot. I do NOT appreciate being falsely accused of something. I was playing the game one day and it randomly logged me out stating I was banned for multiple accounts. Now my husband and 5 year old daughter had accounts and we all share a device so I figured that's what confused them. When I contacted them they said they were justified and would not reverse the ban. So I sent them ANOTHER email and said "your punishing my family for being low income and sharing a device, and I don't deserve accusations thrown in not just my face but my husband's and 5 year old daughters too" they told me to watch my mouth or they would delete my account. I would've deleted it myself but I have 10 Divines, and have never spent a penny on their damn game and didn't want to give them the satisfaction. 6 months later my husband or daughter are still banned, and I'm not allowed to use the forums. Try telling your 5 year old that even though she didn't do anything wrong, they can still punish her. I just keep my account active to spite them, I've played for 5 years and never got sanctioned, doesn't matter. I seriously can't stand the administration or MODS.

katej30
1/12/17

I played howrse for some years then they banned me for 2 months supposedly for multiple accounts which is not true. I emailed customer service to tell them there was an error and received no reply. They have an event all the time to make money. They're greedy and not very customer friendly if they treat members like this.

hinatas
12/29/16

Unfortunately,the majority of reviews here are from people not experienced with the game. As someone who has been playing this game for 5+ years,I've never once encountered a problem.

A lot of people are complaining about the customer support,especially about sharing your passwords with others,even if they are your family. It clearly states in the game rules (that you are encouraged to read) that,under no circumstances, are you allowed to share your account log in details. As such,customer support doesn't need to help you,as you are at fault,not them.

kristyy6
11/5/16

Though the game can be fun after you unlock all pages and gain some experience and items, the customer support they offer is terrible. At one point, someone I didn't know somehow got into my account and changed the password and email, so I was unable to gain my account back. So I contacted customer support (keep in mind I had bought many passes and spent tons of money on the game before) and told them what had happened. They told me I had shared my password (which I hadn't) therefore I had to face my own consequences. After explaining that I hadn't shared my information, they told me to tell them my last pass transaction ID (from the last purchase) but because I had chose to pay through mobile bill the whole time, my phone had deleted the "junk" messages a while back. I told the support that and they refused to help anymore. They hadn't even bothered to change the account email back to the previous one so I can reset my password (which was what I suggested, and I can see why they didn't do so for security's sake), but through their emails, it was quite evident that they didn't bother to look into each issue they received thoroughly.

paightyna
10/30/16

the stupid game is so stupid. you don't even do anything except for push a button

bethanym13
8/25/16

I got banned from this server for making my sisters a account with my email and 50 days later when they were getting good at the game howrse deleted their accounts. I tried talking to the makers but they sent a email saying I password shared with them! They are my younger sisters I helped in the game! How is it a crime to know your own sisters password for a game they ask for your help on?!?! I don't recommend this game cause its to strict in areas that shouldn't matter and sometimes they make false allegations and just ban you.

Tip for consumers: Dont try it

pixiep1
7/11/16

This online game Howrse is horrible because if you forgot to login in about 90 days , they will delete your account. They will delete accounts no matter if you paid them real money or not. I had a huge success playing this game that required a lot of time spent and efforts, but unfortunately they decided to delete it because I didn't log in in 90 days due to real life circumstances. I contacted them and they won't do anything about deleted accounts. This has happened to a lot of people, so I suggest all of you guys not waste your time or money playing this game.

jend32
6/11/16

I share my computer with my family. We all play on howrse. We all use different emails. They randomly banned my account without warning saying i had "multiple accounts". I petitioned the claim and they responded with (photo below)
"If you were punished it is because your accounts have been identified as multi-accounts.
This identification is done with effective tools : the punishment is thus justified and will not be reversed. Please do not send further inquiries about this.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards,
The Howrse Team"

oliviais
5/5/16

This game is great but recently with the update the lady at the beginning of game gets the energy of the horse to low.

taylors51
3/27/16

Rules to Stay Alive:

1 Kiss the moderators asses
2 Make sure to not use freedom of speech (This will cost you karma)
3 Kiss the moderators asses
4 Make sure to never stick up for anyone (No one is going to help you, so don't help anyone else)
5 Kiss the moderators asses
6 Pay at least $100 every few months to maintain high rank
7 Kiss the moderators asses
8 Don't ever call customer service about anything related to CUSTOMER SERVICE
9 Kiss the moderators asses
10 Make sure to be Favorited or else the game gets harder (Or you get docked karma, banned, stalked, threatened, and/or even sworn at publicly by mods)
11 Kiss the moderators asses
12 To get divines/special horses or better skilled horses; cheat/repeat step 6 as much as you can afford

Tip for consumers: Be rich, a kiss ass, and run it like a business and not like a game you're trying to have fun with.

lilithr
3/22/16

Customer service is a joke. You can "rape" another person's account, be a mod and make threats to other players, be a condescending ass hat and that's all fine. Speak out against any of the tyrannical nazi like regime and you get your karma docked, your forum rights removed, and possible banishment from the game.

Kiss their asses and they'll do what ever you want. Have enough of a brain to call them out on their bull$#*!...and your an enemy for life. If I didn't have so much invested in the game I'd gladly and happily send them a great big F* U and quit.

mikeg175
3/21/16

where to begin, the rules change constantly, the game is all about favorites, if you are a favorite you can get away with murder, if not they will ban you without warning. Costs too much money anymore to stay afloat, they claim it as a free site but make it nearly impossible to do anything without spending a LOT of money. I have played the game for years, have a top 100 ranked account and literally have bought 2k passes over the years, and I recently got banned for sticking up for someone whose account was stolen, and the management was going to sweep it under the rug, yet the mods can curse you out and you can't say anything because you are censored. Lots of childish drama, and fighting, and general not nice atmosphere anymore. Ubisoft needs to come in and clean house and fire a lot of its moderator staff, and don't even think about using contact us.. if you have to use it they give you a cookie cutter answer and ignore you, they wont fix anything, even if its Their fault, and if you need something refunded better go get a lottery ticket, because it's NOT happening.. lots of better games out there, stay away

ashleem8
3/21/16

I had played for a few years, all was good but then the corruption an favoritism became OBVIOUS.

The game itself is okay, unless you have someone to teach you, your SOL.

Moderation and Administration play favorites in PUBLIC forums, you can watch a few special players break rules, run amok, and have NOTHING happen to them. But if a regular player were to accidentally say someone else's user name they would get a forum ban.

There are no warnings for breaking rules, its either you kiss ass and become a favorite or you are constantly a target. They will find the smallest excuse to ban you they can find.

They will claim that your messages within game are private, and will reassure you. But if you say something against them via PM they will somehow suddenly have it. It could have been a message to yourself, so no way for someone else to report it. No privacy what so ever

There contact us support is pointless, when it is ran by the same administration that has control over the site. If one of their favorite players is reported, it is automatically not true and the person trying to report it is at fault and normally gets banned.

Do not bother ever even signing up. Its not worth the time or the efford to get a good game. The game has become focused on nothing more than getting money from the players. You will have constant offers and awesome things you can get for your game if you buy passes!! It is one big pull at money

All in all, just dont waist you time, this game is nothing like it used to be and honestly is going into the toilet fast.

clairew34
2/15/16

I play on the Australian server under river bend stables. I started the account in 2012, still have it now in 2016. I find the game very well thought out, and well constructed. The AU server has a lovely community and the mods are very good. Graphics, ect are amazing, I love the auctions and direct sales. The ONLY problem I have with this game is the money side of it. When I started in 2012 (one year after the AU server was released) passes weren't really necessary. I was high up in the rankings and having a bit of fun. I was only 12. Someone co-managed my account for 2 years and when I logged back on, everyone was spending thousands of dollars and all their time on being up the top. Though this game is free and fun, be warned that almost EVERYTHING is money orientated. Very few promotions don't require passes to do well in. At the moment it's costing people hundreds of dollars to collect divines. Even higher ranked players are complaining. There's an argument that if you play the game strategically you'll be able to earn these things, but I you want a life (eg, a job, education.) you literally will find that impossible. The game is extremely good at getting money out of you. I've spent $20 of my own money, and the $40 I also spent was in gift vouchers I got for Christmas. The passes were handy to have, but I couldn't do anything very productive with them unless I had hundreds. I collected horses, that's it. I'm ranked in the 130th range, and still struggle to maintain that. Howrse has turned into a money sucking business that is not at all considerate, and I doubt that'll change.
In conclusion: it's fun, I love the community on my server, people are lovely, but do NOT expect to do well unless you want to pay money. Sad but it's the truth. Try it and you'll get what I mean.

hyunjic
12/28/15

So I have family members who share the same computer as me. Today, they banned me for 'multi accounting'. There was no warnings nor any emails and this was a huge shock. I find this stupid as me and my family members all have different emails as well. So horse lovers, stay away- or just don't let the rest of your family members even touch the computer. And don't tell me I'm just another stupid kid. I've been playing for over 500 days and was successful. I suppose having the same IP address may have confused them, but they could have simply questioned me instead of locking me out without warning.

Questions? Get answers from the Howrse staff and other customers.

Howrse?