Review of HoWigs

HoWigs reviews

support@howigs.com

melindap46
3/23/19

Howigs.co.uk is not a UK company. They are based in HEIFI CHINA. I rated them 1 only because there wasn't a 0.
The quality of the wigs are costume if that. The photos do not represent what you will get. Further more, you will not get your money back.
I cannot stress enough don't waste your money. They have a US website too with similar warnings.

alanh242
3/16/19

As with other reviews, which I should have checked before ordering, wig received was nothing like I ordered. After initial email from customer support, received Postmaster email all in Chinese.

tuijam1
1/16/19

Ordered two wigs from the site. BIG mistake. One wig does not fit at all, the other one does not even remotely look like the picture posted on their web page. Wanted to return the wigs, looks like it will be impossible. This is the last e-mail I received from the "customer support": I should keep the wigs and they will remake me a wig for my compensation... yeah, at my cost.

support@uk.cshaironline.com
Wed 1/16/2019, 10:06 AM
Dear customer:
We are sincerely sorry that we did not provide the satisfied wig to you. I don't suggest you to return it, the package need to be returned to our overseas cooperation manufacturer, so the time will be very long and you need to pay the extra delivery fee.

In order to solve this problem better, we will remake a new wig for compensation, you just need to pay the cost. This time we will change another wig factory. Could you please tell me which wig do you want?

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Wishes

Lucy

rahh
12/27/18

I bought item for £150 after I received I emailed them straight away for return address as it was very bad quality and not suited me but they keep ignoring me and asking me to try it it's very good wig !! I'm still fighting for my refund I hope my PayPal account sort it soon and refund me all my money .
It's rubbish please do not even think about this web .

heatherm377
12/14/18

Cheap, impossible to return. They want you to take their cheap wigs and go to a hairstylist to make it look decent. I'm still trying to return it almost six month later. I tried to send it back they refused and sent it back to me.

lindac720
11/17/18

Ordered a wig as I'm in my 60's and balding on top. I ordered a layered blond wig. I got a long curly ginger one. I Looked like Tim Healy in Benidorm! Unable to return. Its bad enough for me, but so horrible for people with cancer to be ripped of. Do not waste your money

sandram471
11/10/18

It took weeks to get it and yes I know you get what you pay for, but when the item finally arrives and it's not what you ordered ,,, wrong style and color plus no shipping label's or instructions for returns I really got worried below is the proof of purchase and e-mails
Paid with

UMIKAN | Synthetic Lace Front Wig (Hand-Tied) UMI1300$33.85
Total$33.85

On 10/21/2018 8:17 PM, wrote:
Hello,dear customer,
Sorry for your dissatisfaction with our product.
As for the rule of Paypal,you need to return the item to us,and pay for the freight,this fee may beyond 10 USD,received the money after we received the item.
So to avoid those troubles,How about accepting a compromise to keep the item and gain a partial return?
Beside accepting a partial will cost a less period than returning the package.
Please let us know your decision,we will process accordingly.
We are really happy to serve you. As you know, we need a good reputation, cause we need to make money to support our family, so please don't make dispute on Paypal. And don't worry about the after-sale service, If you have any questions,we are more than happy to serve.
Seems to me that if I complain to pay pal they wouldn't have given me a partial.
On 10/22/2018 8:54 AM, wrote:
please send me the return address or at least the web site why can't i exchange
On October 24, 2018, at 6:38 PM,wrote:
Lvchuang Yungu 309High-tech North six RoadNanshan District,Shenzhen cityGuangdong province,China
(518000)
Dear Buyer,
Thanks for your message.
Please return it to the following address:
Please note that you have to pay the shipping fee. Please provide us the return shipment number.We will full refund you after receive it.
Have a nice day!
On 11/1/2018 12:22 AM,wrote:
How about 40% ?
Please let us know your decision,we will process accordingly.

On 11/5/2018 10:17 PM, wrote:
Do you agree we refund you $5 as the compensation ?
Dear customer,
Thank you for your understanding and replay.
Thank you for agreeing to a $ 13.54 refund,we will give you a refund in 7 to 15 business days,and will send a email to inform you after refund. And you don't have to give it back to us
Please note that don't make any dispute on Paypal,or we can't refund you for the money is frozen.If you made,please withdraw it so that you can received your money early.
Thank you for you again.If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we are more than happy to serve.Have a nice day!
Best regards

lynettem38
11/3/18

I ordered 2 human hair wigs at curly shoulder length.
I was sent 2 long hair wigs & thought it was mix up. Despite emails etc and being told so much crap I am left with Wigs.
Even Pay Pal never got my money back. Nearlly a fortnight pension.
Dont even think about buying from them. Read private reviews and see how many cancer patients get ripped off. Definately a nasty site, I know its horrid but these people need a taste of what they put clients through.
May they all lose their hair.

pennys82
10/23/18

I wish I had seen these reviews prior to purchasing a wig. The wig was very different to the product I required. The website advertised a money back guarantee. I contacted the company the day I received the product and asked to return the wig. Despite 20+ emails, I was completely unable to communicate my concerns and the company refused to acknowledge their money back guarantee and would not provide a return address.
I opened a PayPal dispute and it was assessed that I was eligible for a full refund, however Howig did not acknowledge the receipt of the returned wig and PayPal closed the case prematurely.
I then reopened the case and have now accepted a partial refund as after 5 months of trying to access the full refund, I have run out of energy to continue the dispute claim.

I feel Howig is a dishonest and unethical company that does not honour the terms that it advertises. I would completely avoid any dealings with them.

connerw6
10/20/18

Product NOT as advertised. More like a Halloween costume wig, rather than something you can use. Maybe they are WHORE-wigs... Totally junk products, and totally junk communications (e-mails, out of China) with customers. If there is a "positive" review - it is a fake.
Do NOT order from HOwigs. Terrible product, 2 month delivery, rip-off.outfit.

kirak8
10/15/18

Wig came small and wrong color, can't color it because it is synthetic, when I paid for human hair. Can't return it for the last 4 months.
When I tried to brush it hair coming out in pieces. Total garbage. Don't waist your money.

janinem55
10/14/18

Ordered a wig from the style and colour of Howigs chart. My hair was almost gone from chemotherapy when I received it three weeks later. I cried when I opened the box. Bright red when I ordered dark blonde. A terrible cut and adjustable clip pressed into the back of my head. I attempted to return it, and even though I meet all the terms and conditions, they would not accept a return with a full refund. Emails continued to go to and fro for months on end, continually asking for more money to replace this wig. I lodged a dispute with Paypal and also my bank. I posted the wig back at my expense of $48.00. Howigs continued to say they had not received it back, but I had a tracking number. I eventually got a chargeback through my bank, after lots of stress but it became about the principle of it. I am surprised with all the complaints paypal will still allow payments to go through them. If you need a wig for Halloween this is your shop. Janine M

pamh161
10/2/18

Wigs were rubbish when they arrived, returned them to address on parcel, have had many emails from them saying that they were never returned,and now they will not refund my $276, bad enough having to buy wigs because of illness let alone be ripped off by company...

sherryd90
9/20/18

Wanted to buy a real hair wig that looks like my own hair. I found one on the Howigs online page. It was just what I wanted. It was the right color and style like my real hair, or at least the photo on that page looked like that. I was frustrated and disgusted with the lousy, ugly wig they sent to me. Wrong style, color and cheaply made. The top is thin and has odd black hairs running through it. It looks NOTHING like the wig they had the photo on the webpage. When I asked for a refund they asked me to pay another $60.00 and send back the wig. I said no, it not what I ordered or can use. We went back and forth too many times to count. I finally copied all of the emails and the photos and sent them to the fraud complaint department of my Credit Card company. The Credit Card refunded my money. Now Howigs is hounding me to pay to send that ugly wig back. I told them if they want this cheap wig back they can send a pre-paid shipping label. They refused. They want me to pay $22.00 to send it back. No way! They tried to cheat me and I will not be out a dime for the rotten company. The wig is so gross. I am sure they would send it to another unsuspecting customer thinking they are getting a beautiful wig when they are not. BEWARE!

lisam866
9/8/18

This is the 1st wig I have ever purchased. Thanks to a truly bad haircut, I ventured into this unknown territory. I have had so many complements on my new wig. Can't wait to buy another one. It makes getting ready so much quicker this wig is so flattering very comfortable. So thrilled with it.

christinel192
9/3/18

Don't order from this site it is crap I order a wig months ago and only to receive a wig which was nothing like I order and I also had to pay 14.20 when the post man came and I was horrified when I open the box the wig was disgusting nothing at all like I order i have e mailed them maybe around twenty times and now they say it was the one I order omg and said I could return it. me pay to send it back to them I have already paid money for the postage and the wig so I am going to let all the other company's be aware that this site is a con artist I have lost my money and the postage and no wig
Disgusting don't buy from here I order a light blonde straight with bangs this is what they sent the one I order was very much like Reese nothing at all like this

cl137
8/14/18

Do not buy from these wig suppliers. Wigsis.com, howig.com, Hairware.
They are scammers. Wigs are awful, nothing like pictured.
They will not answer you for return. That say that I did not order wigs from them, they chachange their e-mail. Scammers.
-0 for rating

tonij29
8/14/18

Their product line is nothing but JUNK. I wouldn't mop my floor with the wig I received. Nothing at all like the photo that represented the product. In fact, their site has taken the photo down as I write this. They are liars, thieves, scammers and I hope they choke on my $86.00. Karma. Karma will get them and I hope soon. (Along with PayPal. Not too pleased with PayPal either. I will not ever use them to purchase anything again.) Other company names they are 'affiliated with' are TopHair, Inc., WowWigs, Inc as well as HoWigs. Substandard products with a capital "S".

lorend23
8/6/18

I am happy and satisfied with the wig I got from howigs.au. It is exactly the same as the one I saw and ordered from their website. It was delivered at me on the specified time as stated at their website. The wig I got is of good quality and I like it very much.
I will order another wig from howigs.

marciae18
7/27/18

Wig received was not wig advertised - wrong style, wrong size, wrong color, very poor quality. They refuse to let you return...I have had to go through credit card company to file a dispute claim to try to have charge reversed. I would never recommend this company. Another fact - the company is physically located in China.

gregp160
7/20/18

Horrible place to deal with, They are set up to SCAM you in a big way.
Please do not buy from they as you will not receive product that you have ordered.
Going to take legal action against them.
It's shocking SCAM!

tatianab16
7/9/18

Well if you want to get expensive Holloween wig this is a place to buy it. They do send product but its nothing what it looks like on a picture. I say stay away from this site . You can buy the same wigs for less just go to any china town.

lindad422
6/29/18

Do not buy any wigs from HOWIGS.COM. I ordered a wig and it arrived. It was terrible. It was not what I ordered. The style was different. The hair was falling out from the wig. They did offer to provide me with a new wig free of charge as long as I was willing to pay for new shipping and handling. I was not going to send any more money after first disaster. The wigs are made overseas and they have no return policy.

danl214
6/23/18

DO NOT ORDER FROM HOWIGS. Howigs products are inferior and their return policy is not honored. Numerous request to obtain an address to return a product and a refund have been denied.

gaild67
6/19/18

No quality control, labels are mixed up, colours are horrendous. What I got was nothing like the wig I ordered. I had seen the wig in a retail shop then ordered the suppossbly same on on line. This company is not honest. Wish I had seen the reviews before losing my money. Then they wanted me to try again and would give me 10 % off. No return on mop they sent me. I feel cheated. Never again.

I got a full refund (after an avalanche of emails and ridiculous offers from the customer service reps). They refused to give me a return address but I got it once I lodged a claim through PayPal. Another customer went through her credit card company (not sure what she did but a phone call to their Head Office is where I'd start). Don't give up...if we all followed up they would soon be out of business). I'm in Australia; the return postage cost was definitely not too bad and worth it just to hassle them. Good luck.

By Joanne G.

Receiver: Mr. Zhao Address: Room 521, Building No 1, ZhongXingCheng , Beiyihuan Road, Yaohai District, Hefei City, Anhui Province, China Postal Code: 230011

By Heather m.

Do what I did. Print the reviews from this page and mail them to the fraud department of your credit card company, along with a letter from you explaining how this company ripped you off.

By Sherry D.

Questions? Get answers from the HoWigs staff and other customers.

10 Photos for HoWigs