HolidayLettings.co.uk reviews

copr@holidaylettings.co.uk

3 reviews with 2 stars

danielg187
10/16/17
I am a cottage owner located in Wales UK and the owner support with cancellations is awful. They make you pay 120 pounds if you have to cancel a booking If you can use another agency do so as they will take all your hard earned money.
dorothyw36
1/1/17
We have always used Holiday Letting until it was taken over by Trip Advisor. The whole process became a nightmare as three currencies were involved: Dollars, Euros and Pounds. There was even a column of figures in Euros with the total shown in Dollars.
Also as an American company was involved all dates were shown in US format i.e. MM/DD/YYYY
As I was booking from the UK perhaps a bit of common sense could have come into play.

Dorothy Ward
ronc44
3/17/15
Firstly as an owner don`t bother trying contacting by email they just ignore it. Secondly they are becoming very greedy in that if you don`t agree to them handling your booking and taking deposits you are penalised by your listing appearing at the very end of hundreds of other listings even though they say it changes regularly.

You have no ability to personally contact perspective clients as all emails go through them and finally penalised by not contacting would be guests within 24 hours notwithstanding the fact that anything up to 12/18 hrs can be lost in world time zones.

Take a leaf out of Home Away

Tip for consumers: Don`t

I totally agree, as an owner of 4 properties advertised and who totally disagrees with Online Payment Protection and all the problems it creates (just read the trust pilot reviews) all of my properties are constantly on the back pages as I do not have the OPP stamp on them, as I pay an annual fee for all of them and most of the others are 'free listing' whereby Holiday Lettings gets a large commission on each booking, I am disgusted at the new system, especially as I have been a loyal customer since 2008. Don't bother advertising with the other big names out there, they have just changed their system and its even worse.

By christine M.

I also have been with HL for many years without issue. This year however we have had no enquiries so I thought maybe our site was a bit jaded and was just trying to add new photos to freshen up the page. Adding the photos was tedious enough and when I had finished I asked hubby to do a search of the Holiday Lettings site as a potential customer. He couldn't even get the search box to accept the name of the town we are in and ended up wading through hundreds of properties from far and wide and still drew a blank. Once I waded in to try and assist it became clear that because of the way the search facility now works, you need to put the Department (we are in France) where the property is situated, in the search box and that brings up another search box where you can put in the town....if you haven't lost the will to live whilst trying to locate your town! If I were actually looking for a rental in my town I would have given up and gone elsewhere. How much time do we humans want to spend going round in cyber circles? Personally, none. Hence no bookings. I would normally get 15 to 20 enquiries starting in August, for the forthcoming winter of which I would accept a minimum of 4. Didn't happen I always had an email exchange with the renters before they committed with a deposit. There are a lot of questions that only the owner can help with. I am now trapped in a (seemingly) futile attempt to find a way to delete the account.

By Les W.

Questions? Get answers from the HolidayLettings.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HolidayLettings.co.uk