HolidayLettings.co.uk reviews

Tel: 00441865312000
copr@holidaylettings.co.uk

tonb1
9/22/16
I have been with Holiday Lettings for over 2 years and until this week everything was ok, and then, the guest no one wants arrived. They left the apartment in such a mess it took over 7 hours to clean the apartment, the walls has grease all over them and items in the apartment had been broken. I have less than 8 hours to get the apartment ready for the next guest. I contacted Holiday Lettings and asked for part of the damage deposit to be given to me and sent photos of the damage... remember I had a guest in the apartment so I was unable to paint. Holiday Lettings told me that they would only give me the damage deposit if I showed them an Invoice... The photos I sent were not good enough for them, I asked how could I get invoices for the work if I could not have the work done until the guests that were there had left. After 2 weeks of emails and over 3 hours of telephone calls, Holiday Lettings told me that they were going to cancel my damage claim and give the deposit back to the guest that had made all the damage. I was told by Holiday Lettings that they had not received the photos, then I was told they had received them... I was told that they had tried to contact the guest but was unable to. I was told they could do nothing with regards the review they wrote, damming me my apartment and the town after I had received 40 5* reviews. When I asked them to close my account with Holiday lettings they said there would be a fine of over £1500 to close the account and refund the guests that had booked. So at the end of the day Holiday Lettings are God, they run a call center from India, they send out the same email 10 times and do NOT get back to you. They care nothing for the people that use their site to advertise their property and there is no way of leaving them unless you pay £150 per booking. I have blocked my property after September 2017 and the Holiday Lettings can go to hell! I can not see of any other way of getting out from under this Disgusting Company
katee14
3/12/16
I don't feel the booking fee was made clear enough at point of booking. The amount charged is extortionate, will never use holiday lettings or trip adviser again.
annb76
2/18/16
If I could give it minus stars I would, as an owner they have not paid for a guest who stayed and have deleted his booking.
I wish someone would start a new site and we would have a choice for letting properties.
Stay well away wether an owner or traveller as you cannot contact them and the completely ignore you.
gaynorw1
2/8/16
Taken over by Big Brother Tripadvisor, it has become too big. I have had 4 inquiries since Sept 2015. At this time of year I am usually run off my feet answering inquiries, now it's all gone quiet. At over £400 fee for the year that works our at £100 per inquiry so far. I will not be renewing next year but have to bite the bullet this year. Owners beware. Is there an Owners forum out there?
fenellam
11/26/15
Holiday Lettings has continued to be disappointing and as other reviewers, owners and guests have said, the booking fees are extortionate.
Have a look at a new(ish) site 'theholidaylet', I think they are worth supporting while they build up their straightforward ad service.. I've now also listed with Airbnb, HomeAway and Owners Direct. The last two are affiliates - if you list with one, you'll be offered a deal for the other. And they have 'sales' when they reduce the fees. I initially took the free listing and have now taken subscription - OD has produced more results.
liseg1
11/4/15
After 6 months of advetising my properties on Holidaylettings and Flipkey, both owned by Tripadvisor, I got the first booking. Guests moved in on Monday, the rent was being paid on Tuesday.
However they blocked my acount for the grand of checking my account and as a result withhold the rent.
I have sent all the information they requested but they are still asking for more information. When you ask a question, they cannot give you an answer or give advice.
They cannot confirm if the verification will be successful and don't care if you tell them that the guests will have to leave the property.
Very poor customer service and no consideration for their customers.
freds77
11/2/15
after doing business with holiday lettings for the past 4-5 years for differnet properties inPatong Beach, they end up cancelling our account and deleting all our listings,we had one booking to come , they cancelled the account and they reply that "we have considered we were also helping you to get one last booking"
do they think we do charity wtf
so pissed at holiday lettings...

so that you know

thanks

and list on airbnb, much beeter service than holiday lettings
dianac30
5/16/15
Never ever use this company. They have refused to refund our money - the owner had double booked and we could not stay there. What followed with this company has been appalling they have made all the excuses in the world not to refund us. I have spoken to them at least 10 times and each time they say they will call back - no call ever returned.I now have no alternative but to take this matter further legally.
ronc44
3/17/15
Firstly as an owner don`t bother trying contacting by email they just ignore it. Secondly they are becoming very greedy in that if you don`t agree to them handling your booking and taking deposits you are penalised by your listing appearing at the very end of hundreds of other listings even though they say it changes regularly.

You have no ability to personally contact perspective clients as all emails go through them and finally penalised by not contacting would be guests within 24 hours notwithstanding the fact that anything up to 12/18 hrs can be lost in world time zones.

Take a leaf out of Home Away

Tip for consumers: Don`t

grahamc18
10/26/14
We recently place our property solely with Holidaylettings.co.uk, what a mistake!

They are unable to retain our 2015 prices over night, I was putting them back every morning, though this was tiresome, as their web interface is poor.

I reported the problem a few months ago and it is still not sorted.
We would have got booking for 2015 by now with our old booking system, though non yet, which I put down to people not being able to see prices online.

I was told I can not get a refund of my fee, as it is "a known issue", though if they had told me you will not be able to add prices for 2015, I would not of signed!

I totally agree, as an owner of 4 properties advertised and who totally disagrees with Online Payment Protection and all the problems it creates (just read the trust pilot reviews) all of my properties are constantly on the back pages as I do not have the OPP stamp on them, as I pay an annual fee for all of them and most of the others are 'free listing' whereby Holiday Lettings gets a large commission on each booking, I am disgusted at the new system, especially as I have been a loyal customer since 2008. Don't bother advertising with the other big names out there, they have just changed their system and its even worse.

By christine M.

I also have been with HL for many years without issue. This year however we have had no enquiries so I thought maybe our site was a bit jaded and was just trying to add new photos to freshen up the page. Adding the photos was tedious enough and when I had finished I asked hubby to do a search of the Holiday Lettings site as a potential customer. He couldn't even get the search box to accept the name of the town we are in and ended up wading through hundreds of properties from far and wide and still drew a blank. Once I waded in to try and assist it became clear that because of the way the search facility now works, you need to put the Department (we are in France) where the property is situated, in the search box and that brings up another search box where you can put in the town....if you haven't lost the will to live whilst trying to locate your town! If I were actually looking for a rental in my town I would have given up and gone elsewhere. How much time do we humans want to spend going round in cyber circles? Personally, none. Hence no bookings. I would normally get 15 to 20 enquiries starting in August, for the forthcoming winter of which I would accept a minimum of 4. Didn't happen I always had an email exchange with the renters before they committed with a deposit. There are a lot of questions that only the owner can help with. I am now trapped in a (seemingly) futile attempt to find a way to delete the account.

By Les W.

Questions? Get answers from the HolidayLettings.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HolidayLettings.co.uk