HIDS-Direct

HIDS-Direct has a consumer rating of 2.09 stars from 11 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. HIDS-Direct also ranks 132nd among Auto Accessories sites. The most common issues with HIDS-Direct are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate HIDS-Direct?

“Top Class”

Darren S.
5/16/18

I was recommended them by a friend in the automotive trade a few years back and everything has been great. Great products, knowledgeable staff, and if I have had any issues they always have gone the extra mile to help me out.

“Poor service”

John W.
1/11/18

Got an HID kit from them. Took my garage a bit of fettling to get the bulbs to fit - so not exactly "plug and play" as promised, but they did give an excellent white light. As going abroad, ordered a spare set of bulbs and paid for First Class post. Took 4 days to arrive and then they were the wrong wattage. Rang up, expecting at least an initial apology and a helpful response - no chance! No matter I need another set by return. I have to photograph the Invoice and bulbs, email it to them and presumably await results. Nothing the so-called "Manager"(??) can do "This is the procedure" Rubbish customer service - no way I will recommend them to anyone.

johnw764
January 11th, 2018
jonnyj5
October 14th, 2017
Nothing good to say at all. Incorrect goods sent out repeatedly, appalling customer service (ring them and see!) and difficult refunds. Why use these when there are hundreds of other suppliers who are glad of the custom.
camerong27
January 30th, 2018
Avoid. Overcharged me, even though I asked for a price check.
Contacted them via the chat for a refund and was met with total indifference and a couldn't care less attitude even from the "manager"
markon2
January 15th, 2016
Ordered mtec h8 super white for angel eyes.
Took 2 weeks to arrive (holland).
Only one of them works. So I have no use for this set. You cannot call them, they won't answer.
Donot respond to email. I should have checked other reviews. ... Thats 30 euros down the drain!
nikosl
May 12th, 2015
I bought a pair of mtec bulbs for my car and one bulb exploded inside my headlight destroying it.Possibly the bulbs were fake because they sell them for very low price in comparison with ebay sellers.They also dont respond to my return request of the bulbs.
speedd
February 6th, 2014
SUBJECT NOT AS DESCRIBED! SCAM! SELLER DOES NOT PAY THE COST OF RETURN NIL
jevgenijsa1
December 9th, 2013
I have to claim for replacing of the 64W CREE BMW H8 LED ANGEL EYES MARKER KIT due to malfunction of the unit.
Running time is about 70-90 hours ONLY.
Warranty is 24 months.

The seller don't want to contact with me at all... !!!!
iant
August 18th, 2009
I purchased a hid kit from this website which I returned 3 days later. I was told that the kit hadnt arrived back with them and so I couldnt be refunded. After much toing and froing the kit suddenly appeared but I am still fighting for my refund. I wouldnt touch these people with abarge pole, they are bare faced liars.
darrens77
May 16th, 2018
mikep116
May 9th, 2015
HIDs were cheaper than than the standard PY24W bulb so no brainer on a simple facelift Corsa D - trouble is they look so much better than all the other bulbs on the car :(
Might have to go for a full set! Hope the life span is good.
michaelp6
January 18th, 2010
Had many kits fitted them to mercs ,BMW ,Audi, had no problems,I have read many negitive commets about hids direct,How many of you realy no how to fit them?

Questions? Get answers from the HIDS-Direct staff and other customers.

HIDS-Direct is an auto bulb specialist offering HID kits, Xenon HID bulbs, MTEC bulbs, LED lights and air suspension. They sell products for cars, motorbikes and trucks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HIDS-Direct?

Have a question about HIDS-Direct?