Review of HealthGrades

Tel: +1-303-390-2540
cs@healthgrades.com

lindas1047
10/18/18

I am writing a review on behalf of Dr. James J. Hoski of Carolina Spine/Neur0surgery Center in Asheville, NC. Dr. Hoski's expertise is among the best in the nation. I have had no pain since waking from surgery. His staff is courteous. My experience was painless and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is experiencing pain.

anner135
9/8/18

Dr. Jordan Slutsky and his team are excellent. The care that was given to my husband made us feel comfortable, confident, and secure. What an example for health professionals!
Anne & Jack Raybin

Tip for consumers: Just tell the truth.

ronaldc171
7/29/18

It took me over a year to find a doctor who would come to my home. When I finally located Dr.Devang Patel, I found a smart and compassionate human being that literally saved my life. By recognizing my symptoms I went to the hospital. I was told that if I had waited any longer I wouldve not made it. Thank you Dr. Patel.

nataliej60
7/28/18

Dr Katie rand. Dentist in lake worth Florida. It was a mistake for me to go to her office. I would recommend that u do not make the same mistake

markg501
7/22/18

A patient asked me out on multiple dates and I declined. FYI I'm happily married and wear a wedding ring. She then found my email address and continued to ask me out on dates. I ignored these emails. She later threatened to post a negative review about me online. I saw that she has posted a horrible review on HealthGrades. How can I tell? Because of the details that she included in her review-- I think that she wanted me to know that it was her punishing me.

I explained the circumstances and requested that HealthGrades remove this review. They refused.

edwardw43
7/14/18

They hide 1 star reviews if the doctor pays them for advertising.

I had a bad experience with a doctor. I posted a short description of my experience with no profanity. I just posted the facts. Healthgrades told me that my review did not follow the guidelines so it was rejected but I was allowed to vote a negative 1 star review but my experience with the doctor is hidden from the public.

Don't believe ALL the positive reviews of a doctor. Obviously they protect some doctors who pay for their services.

honorak
5/23/18

Awesome to find a website that tells the truth about Drs one way or the other. You absolutely can NOT get more accuracy than from patient reviews. Point blank.

pm100
3/22/18

I researched a doctor, and it listed 25 reviews on him, all either 4 or 5 star reviews. When I clicked on the reviews it would not let me see them. I tried this on phone and computer.

markm464
2/14/18

Healthgrades has fake reviews of doctors. They are aware of this and do not do anything about it. They simply make money off of these fake reviews and are not a service anyone should take seriously due to this.

lillyp11
12/7/17

Stay away from Healthgrades! Look at their own 1.5 star rating from Consumer Affairs. I wish I did before signing up with them.

They are unfriendly and unresponsive to disputing negative reviews. My business was hurt by a false and negative review. Even when I showed them the facts, Healthgrades refused to take down the negative comment. It is not fair to publish a hate mail review and support the disgruntled customer over unfounded bias and tarnish the reputation of a seasoned doctor.

Please do not go near Healthgrades. They are horrible.

markd224
7/24/17

I agree with another post on here regarding HG. There is no way to review other than writing one. OK. That's not so bad. Unless they only publish positive reviews and bump the stars up no matter what. It's simply fake and created to fool patients and benefit doctors.

lindab379
7/14/17

This is a for-profit site full of fake, positive doctor reviews written by doctors offices and the like to boost their sales/ clientele. Positive reviews are posted directly after negative reviews and tend to contradict word for word verbatim what was posted in a negative review. Doctors can create their own profiles for free and those that are unethical can lie about their credentials. There are no checks and balances verifying that the information is accurate. Stay away. Check credentials, complaints, and malpractice information with your local court, the state medical board, state dept. of health, and BBB.

susanb258
3/15/17

Medical practice that had multiple bad reviews had their reviews eliminated after doing paid advertizing with Healthgrades. This same practice was shut down by the FBI twice. These are money making review sites scamming the American public to believe they are doing you a service. Remember most people make up bogus complaints when they are made to pay their bills. These are copays and deductible levied by their insurance company to stop them from going to the doctor. The insurance companies force doctors to collect these monies which is a tremendous burden on the medical practice. Loss of revenue can reach 15 to 20% for some medical practices due to patients failure to pay. If your Insurance company had to collect the copays and deductibles they levy on their client do you think they would cancel your Insurance?

shis14
3/14/17

I wrote a review on Dr Bruce Maniet in Bells,Tx. Healthgrades did not post it obviously. I dont know how they pick and choose reviews they will and will not post but my review would help so many people. Especially if you are the unfortunate ones to have an HMO plan and he is a choice of a PCP. If you live in or around Bells, Tx...please beware of this Dr office. I work at a Dr office and this is by far the worse staff EVER. First your point of contact is a young girl that has the worst attitude Ive ever seen. I raised a teenager and this isnt your normal bad attitude. This girl has a chip on her shoulder. The office manager is no better and Im guessing they are related to the Dr because this can not go unnoticed. Their responses are smart a$$y and they literally roll their eyes at you. Its insane. If that isnt bad, you get into the Dr and he tells you he doesnt prescribe pain medications for obvious painful situations that require a referral to a specialist to get into to get a surgery performed. My husband had severe herniated lower back disc that he woke up to and went directly to the ER. ER wanted him to see a Neurosurgeon asap...Our health plan said otherwise. So we get in here and Dr.Mainet said he needs surgery asap but he wont help with pain meds for a man who is barely walking through your office. Proof and all. If that wasnt the worse we were told by their front office staff that I already went over about their horrible attitudes...that it will take them a WEEK to refer him. When it was a week they tell us sorry we will get to it when we can. It has been two weeks now and still no referral done. When I say this had got to be the worst staff ever I mean that. I have been working in a Dr office for 20+ years and I wouldnt refer my dog to them. Healthgrades would not post my review and said they would but you find out the Dr office has somewhat control over that. So there are probably several people who have had the same issue and I just want anyone who lives around this area and is thinking about going to this Dr not to waste your time unless you have the common cold and he probably wont prescribe you anything for that either.

tods12
3/6/17

Lisa Moroz refused to focus on what was going on in the present, instead fixated on stuff that happened decades ago that she doesn't understand to incorrectly label me weird and dangerous with pseudo science because she's a paranoid man hater. Healthgrades refuses to let me review her.

Tip for consumers: Healthgrades probably screens reviews and rejects you. Maybe don't put text at all.

nancyd113
2/22/17

Have been wanting to write this review for some time about my Endocrinologist, Dr. Lisa Moore. I have been in her care ever since I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, about 7years. In my opinion, she is an excellent doctor. She is sensitive to my condition and needs and has always looked out for my best interests. I feel that she really cares and has become my doctor friend.
Nancy D.

beverlyb56
2/22/17

Dr. Marta I. Rendon, MD Dermatology in Boca Raton, FL is what every person that lives in this state needs for great skin care. We're the lucky ones to have her here in Boca Raton. I've been with her for ten years and she's taken more than just a doctor patient interest in me. She is never in a hurry, checks you over really well with no feelings of being uncomfortable. Gives you samples for what's she's treated and answers any questions you may have. I've been a beach goer for over fifty years and my skin looks at least ten years younger than it should because I have a Dr. that knows what she's doing. Thanks to this great lady who has done her job so very well. Her staff is also very caring and the office is a work of art. I highly recommend Dr. Rendon, do something really nice for yourself and make an appointment to go and see her.

awildam2
1/31/17

COLEN KARI L.MD PLASTIC SURGERY HACKENSACK & NEW YORK OFFICES.
Thank you for your excellent work for performing surgery on me after [BREAST CANCER].Your hands are skilled as my incisions are small and my pain has been minimal during recovery.Thank you for your excellent work and the caring way you treated me as a patient. All staff and physician I met were wonderful, professional and dedicated people.

wayneb75
1/24/17

Health grades makes no effort to keep their information current. They list doctors who are no longer affiliated with the practice. They have inaccurate information about the doctors who are listed. They have no idea what really goes on at the practice. They clearly do not verify anything!!!

johnk344
12/30/16

dr m. shane dawson is a fantastic doctor and surgeon he comes highly recommended i was admitted to the hospital on friday afternoon and promptly operated on saturday morning very good experience at lenox hill hospital in new york city

lewz
12/23/16

I wrote a review about a Dr., who examined me for a total of four minutes. Obviously it was not a good review. I tried to submit a review of this Dr. on Health Grades, and they wouldn't print it. I used no foul language, I wrote nothing other than the facts.

ruthl30
12/16/16

Cindi Rife should be fired and thrown into prison with the keys destroyed for being such a horrible sub-human being.

kathleenk40
11/29/16

I've used this site in the past and it worked well. Today the site had no results for either my zip code (I'm in the USA) nor any doctors in the specialty I'm looking for. I tried several different ways - nothing. What on earth is happening.

donnas161
11/1/16

Dr. Allen N. Sapadin is by far the best dermatologist in Bergen County. I moved to Ocean County 7 years ago and have not found a dermatologist better than Dr. Sapadin. I recently drove over an hour and a half to have my appointment with him. I trust him and his advice. He also knew I had a thyroid condition because my nails did not look normal. Highly recommend him.

patriciaw99
10/25/16

John M Duffy PT I looked forward to my appointments with Duffy, besides helping me physically he explains your issues and teaches you the proper way to exercise and heal the problem. Always upbeat, a smile on his face, a relaxing environment and willing to talk and answer questions. I always leave my appointments feeling better mentally and physically. Thank you Duffy

I don't know. I suspect that if the physician really is offended and wants to do something about it. I'm not a lawyer but I know truth is an absolute defense in a liable suit. G

By Reis K.

An area hospital is touting its "rating" in orthopedic surgery received from HealthGrades. How does any hospital get a department rated on this site and how meaningful is the rating. They say it is based in part on reported complications. The most suspect claim is: "If all hospitals performed at the level of a 5-star rated hospital, 185,875 inhospital complications may have been avolided among Medicare patients over the three years studied." Comments?

By Lewis Y.

No. My experience with orthognathic surgery.

By Michele S.

This is the primary issue with this site and similar sites. They let people post "reviews" that can be false, made up and fraudulent under the cloak of anonymity.No one from Healthgrades will respond to you;although, if you contact Healthgrades by e-mail, you will eventually receive a response stating that you can sign up for instructions on how to improve your ratings; for a fee. It's also called extortion. The only way you can successfully have a negative review removed is by hiring an attorney and sue.

By Stephen R.

Questions? Get answers from the HealthGrades staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HealthGrades