Review of HealthCare.gov

Baltimore, MD 21244, US
Tel: 1-800-318-2596

melodyg35
11/18/19
Dealing with these people has been a horrible experience, they all say something different every time I had to call for something. Thanks to their incompetence now I owe the insurance company AND the doctors office thousands of dollars, and they still can't give me a straight answer of fix the situation. I just can't understand how this can happen and there be no repercussions for them at all.
andrewl580
10/18/19
Extremely time consuming way to get zero help. Go to a private company, don't waste your time with this site.
darrenl35
10/18/19
I have purchased insurance through the site and needed to prove income. I went back to school for another degree after leaving my job so my income feel by more than 50% as I just do ride share and go to school full time now. I explained to them on the phone the situation and was just told to send my W2 and add that in the notes. I did all that but also included every pay stub up to the time of the first call. For the third time now I'm being threatened with cancellation because I haven't proved income. The 2018 W2 and every pay stub to from January 1 to August 30 is still not sufficient to show prove how much income I have in 2019.

The service stinks! Stinks so bad it's unbelievable.
dennism529
10/3/19
Jumped through countless hoops for enrollment and eligibility, but once I was deemed eligible, I was told I now have missed open enrollment period. Filed an appeal, as lack of coverage could seriously jeopardize my health. The appeal is designed to allow for enrollment outside of open enrollment period. It took FOUR MONTHS for them to finally tell me i could enroll! I then spent TWO HOURS & FORTY MINUTES on the phone with no less than five different representatives. Each one told me something different than the one before about the final enrollment steps. I gave up when the 5th rep. told me I needed to call the number I originally called nearly three hours earlier. I'm fortunate to have found enough financial help via charitable acts of private citizens and family members to at least have medications needed to survive. There is NO excuse for such an organization to conduct themselves this way. Especially when their actions have a direct affect on people's lives!
hm130
9/24/19
I have never had a worse experience. I spoke to a CSR (Julia) who mumbled so bad she had to be asked to repeat EVERYTHING because she could not be understood. The supervisor was no better. (Sharon) was LAUGHING as I was explaining my situation to her. When I checked her on it she tried to call me rude for checking her on her behavior. What representative laughs while a person is explaining a serious situation??? RUDE! I can't afford the insurance .... there is no need to be rude atop of that. Your information becomes theirs FOREVER! They cannot discard your applications or your information from their system. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.

HOPE TRUMP GETS RID OF THIS AWFUL SYSTEM! I'm no fan of Trump either.

AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!
angelah136
9/10/19
Well I sent in my proof of income and some incompetent employee put in that I made 220,000 instead of 22,000 so I had to file an appeal. I am very technically challenged and couldn't figure out how to do this. I now have 2 weeks to get this appeal in but trying to do this on my computer has caused me great hardship. They say it's my responsibility to appeal their mistake and now I can't figure out how to get the form through this adobe reader so I give up! I'm so stressed out over having to appeal their mistake that I'm going to lose my insurance! I guess I'm just an idiot!!
annac347
9/5/19
THE EMPLOYEES DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! EACH ONE TELLS YOU SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND THEN EVERYTHING IS SO SCREWED UP. THE BIGGEST HEADACHE EVER! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!
michelez8
8/20/19
What a joke. Covers absolutely nothing until you pay thousands in premiums, co pays and deductibles. I am barely making a living and it quoted me close to 700/mo with a 7,500 deductible. It's pretty clear. The middle class is screwed. I'm furious. Going to pay cash for medical services because a) I hate health insurance companies b) I'm disgusted by healthcare.gov and c) it's a whole lot cheaper.
jeffl330
7/25/19
I am an agent who helps people to enroll in health plans via healthcare.gov. The first 2 years were fine. Then later they changed or terminated some of my client's health plans. Start from this year, they changed and terminated a lot of my client's health plans without sending notices to my clients. My clients found their plans either changed or terminated when they see doctors. Some got huge medical bills and thought that's my faults. It's obviously affect my business, trust, reputation!!!
prescripta
7/15/19
Hi,
If anyone having problem related to health. I suggest using prescript assist Because when I suffering from health related problems it have alot. So I recommend to use prescript assist it will sure help you also. Thanks
sophiap36
6/21/19
All I asked was for a refund in April for overlapping coverage and they cancelled my entire dental policy.
alician33
6/18/19
three representative hung up in My face just because I asked for the supervisor one of the administrators got on phone and he really had an attitude he said I was talking to loud and he said calm my voice b4 he hang up on me and he did
latiesham
6/13/19
This is a $#*!ty ass place to be under the federal government. The agent Sheniqua Owens (suppose to be Supervisor) was rude and does not need to be in charge of anybody especially answering the phones.
bc80
6/7/19
I went on the website just to see what I qualify for... I hear with my income I should be covered completely free because I make so little. I used a calculator which required me to enter a phone number and since then I received dozens of calls a day, and texts. I did not agree to be spammed like this!!! One agent told me that as soon as I entered my info on the calculator it was made public. I'll probably have to change me number now, as I'm already on the National DMV and still getting spammed!
amyz48
5/29/19
No other option for me as I always pay my daughter and my health insurance out of pocket and NEVER Use - paid over $70,000 in past 6 years- paying for individual and family rate but because I don't claim my daughter on odd years they won't give me insurance card for my daughter that I've paid for all year monthly on time - my daughter lives with me I raise her on my own but her absent father claims odd years and hence I'm paying for two policies and they won't show my daughter active - the upper highest staff possible hung up on me when calling to discuss and said unless my daughter pref in jail or has life change they won't fix yet I just paid June again to keep compliant- so so so corrupt what are my options I wanted to get my daughter in fir wellness this time and use what I paid into
jace
5/29/19
The entire system is a mess, I was never notified that I lost my tax credit for my insurance, I got one bill from my health insurance showing that I still have a credit for June, meaning everything is fine, a couple of weeks later, around the end of May I got another bill saying I dont have a tax credit and I have to pay $387 for June. I logged onto healthcare.gov to see an online message saying I am no longer eligable. I called and was informed that if I would have called before May 15 they could have reapplied the credit for June but since it was the end of May they couldnt do it. why would I call to fix something I didnt know was broken? I received a bill at first saying I had the credit, it wasnt until long after May 15 that I received the other bill showing I no longer had the credit, Healthcare.gov never sent me anything saying I lost it, I didnt realize I should be logging onto their site once a week to make sure there werent any new problems, that is ridiculous. The first guy transferred me to someone he said would be able to override June due to misinformation since I was not informed I would lose the tax credit before May 15. The next idiot told me that does not count for misinformation, the definition of misinformation is giving the wrong information to someone, so me getting one bill showing I am covered for June and have a tax credit it quite literally misinforming me. I asked for her supervisor, that is when I got Nikki Strong on the phone, at first she thought I lost my tax credit because I didnt file the form for it on my 2017 taxes, I did, I have confirmed with my tax lady more than onece that she filed that form, Then Nikki decides I lost it for another reason, because I claim I make 20k less this year than last year, I lost one of my 2 jobs, which is why I dont have that income, I explained to her the system is broken as it doesnt accept that someone could possibly lose their job as a legitimate reason for why you dont make as much money. I asked Ms. Strong what she would suggest I do to prove I make less money that I havent already done her response was that she wouldnt have lost her job in the first place because she knows how to keep her job, just plain nasty and not at all helpful. She told me I can appeal but still have to pay $387 for June if I want to keep my insurance, I can not afford that! She explained the appeal process takes 90 days, and it must be done by regular mail or fax where they would respond to me to my mailing address or by phone. I explained to her I leave the country Friday for 4 months and that I would not be able to receive mail at my mailing address and I would not be able to get calls unless from another iphone overseas, I asked her how she recommends I file an appeal from another country and her exact words were "well maybe you shouldnt be leaving the country" again how the hell is that helpful at all? IT ISNT! She was nasty and rude and had no desire to help anyone or give an option that was possible. now I will have to cancel my insurance since I cant afford it which means when I return to the states in October I wont have any way to have insurance until the new year. Nikki should be fired, heck most of the uneducated, rude, straight nasty employees there should be fired.
dales180
5/28/19
I cant say what I really want to say about these idiots. This is a complete scam there is no other way to say it. They should have zero stars these idiots are what's wrong with health coverage. SCAM SCAM SCAM
al270
5/22/19
In what world is narcolepsy medication considered "not a necessary medication" (in their words)?! Will it take me falling asleep in front of a bus and getting run over to prove that I need it? Also, how is it that the ONE 24 hour urgent care within a 2 hour radius of me (basically my only option to go to after hours) makes me pay 50% of the bill? I pay for the most expensive plan you can get, but honestly, what is the point? Anything through the marketplace is literally only catastrophic insurance at 20x the price. What a rip off.
lynng144
5/14/19
I logged in to report a life change since my husband was becoming eligible for Medicare the following month. When you report a life change, it will kick you into your application. I inadvertently canceled my husband's insurance because I wanted to plan ahead. I only realized this the next day when I called the Marketplace about some documents they wanted and I was informed that my husband's insurance was cancelled even though we had paid the monthly premium in full. There was no way to just "notify of a life change" -- you have to go through the entire application and once you reapply without a household member you are out of luck until the next open enrollment. BEWARE: NEVER TELL THEM IN ADVANCE OF ANY LIFE CHANGE.
azdines
5/13/19
I spent the hall day to contact them but no way. Just music then nothing they cut off the line. One is too many for them.
dawnf100
5/11/19
My husband & I were covered through the MP for 2017. In Nov. of 2017 I went out to find out how much the new premiums were going to be for 2018. When I saw the amount that it jumped to, I knew we could not afford the insurance. My husband went to work for an employer leaving me to tend the business by myself so we could have health insurance. We never made a payment so I assumed we never signed up for coverage. We got a 1095-A stating that we did and now owe the government $1600 for coverage WE NEVER HAD!!! Instead of getting the money from Geisinger that should have informed them that we never made a payment and therefore did not have coverage, they would rather just get it from the poor people who couldn't afford it in the first place. Ridiculous and despicable!
laurent108
5/2/19
I aged out of my parents policy in March so as of April 1, I have had no insurance. I understand having to prove aging out but it's been 2 weeks since I have uploaded my supporting documents and I just not get a call saying they need more proof and that i need to write a letter. So your going to believe me over my official BCBS letter? I am 26 years old and will be paying out of my own pocket for health insurance. The LEAST the government could do is have decent staff who at least half way cares about the ones who are paying their own way.
normab63
5/2/19
The worse customer service I've ever experienced. The representative handling my call was Annabel Harper. The market place should put their employees through training to provide adequate customer care and satisfaction and problem solving versed getting argumentative.
tennilles3
4/30/19
I've never had any problems the past 4 years. Always easy to enroll and representatives friendly and knowledgeable. Always got affordable plan and eligible for decent tax credit. However, this year was terrible. Was put in wrong plan, then when they admitted it was their mistake, they allowed me to switch to correct plan, but expected me to pay the payments for past 4 months I was in wrong plan. I was told there was nothing they could do and told to file an appeal which I did, only to be told they couldn't approve my appeal request. Then, another representative was very nice and went above and beyond to fix it beings was their mistake, so either they are very helpful, or completely useless, depending who you talk to and if you're persistent.
alissah19
4/26/19
I started my application for my special enrollment period in mid February, knowing that I would be kicked off of my parents' plan by April 1st. It took a month and a half before my documents proving that I turned 26 were accepted. I've beeb without health insurance for almost an entire month. Now it says I need to pay my premium by May 1st to avoid cancellation, but I can't do that without my member id number. They say I should receive that in the mail within 10 business days. I don't have that much time and I can't view my member id number online because you have to have your member id number to login. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and I will definitely be steering people away from using this awful site to buy health insurance. Very unprofessional and very slow. I gave them plenty of time in advance to approve my documents and they just didn't care one bit. So now I'm the one that's screwed all because of their laziness.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

BECAUSE THEY ARE UNEDUCATED IGNORANT PEOPLE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HIRED. TRUMP NEEDS TO FIRE ALL THEM AND SHUT THIS DOWN. THEY HAVE YET AGAIN SCREWED UP MY PLAN AND MY DAUGHTERS 15 CALLS LATER AND I RENEWED IN NOVEMBER ...THEY DELETED ME AND PUT MY DAUGHTER...JERKS THEN GAVE HER A MESSED UP PLAN

By SARA A.

BECAUSE MARKETPLACE NEEDS SHUT DOWN

By SARA A.

I have Ambetter Health insurance this year for 2016 i have found out that ambetter in Texas is a scam the doctors listed under the insurance.are refusing to accept the insurance because the are having.problems collecting money because of this i can not fine a doctor under this program i even check further and found complaints under the BBB website. due i have to continue paying NOWING NOW THAT THIS IS A SCAM.

By Elnora L.

I got one too and they refuse to fix it. Total scam.

By Dale S.

Questions? Get answers from the HealthCare.gov staff and other customers.

2 Photos for HealthCare.gov