Review of HealthCare.gov

Baltimore, MD 21244, US
Tel: 1-800-318-2596

anonymousa151
4/13/18

These are some of the worst kinds of people on the planet. Scammers who prey on the weak and uninformed through false scare tactics. Don't fall for these bastards, they will only take your money! Luckily I've seen them all and can spot them coming a mile away. Since they found a way to access certain information they were able to mail me their official SCAM letter. First red flag, I was actually approved by Medicaid 100%, and their letter said I wasn't. Second red flag, they claim to "lower" my premium. I have NO Premium. Sorry, not getting any of my money.

Do yourself a favor and don't give these jerks the time of day. Do not respond to them, response only opens the doors and may subject you to their contracts. Based on other reviews it sounds like once they have you hooked, it's tough to get out. Report them to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and write posts like this so others don't fall victim. Of course they're going to be nice if you give them money, just don't expect them to be there when you really need it. Watch for fake posts as well. This group is a complete SCAM. BEWARE !

brittniea
4/11/18
• Updated review

Just an update - My escalation was submitted on Feb. 14th and I called every few days between then and this past Saturday April 7th. Each call before this past weekend I was told my escalation was still processing. Finally, on the 7th I speak with a Ms. Jenkins who looks into the escalation and realizes that this whole time the escalation category was totally non-applicable to my situation. The escalation up to this point was basically moot. She had to resubmit it in a different category and said it may take up to 30 days.. Woof. I'm just happy someone, somewhere in that place has a brain..

“Completely Horrible”
3/15/18
• Previous review

They auto enrolled me the following year after I cancelled and now I'm looking at 2 months of unpaid coverage for early 2017 and have been in "appeal" hell trying to get answers ever since. I received a call from the market place during my appeal and the guy left a voicemail saying to call him back, every time I've tried to get through they have no records of who called even when I give his name - no records so no transfer. I ask to speak to the dept. handling my escalation and they say their "internal support team" will not allow them to transfer the call... wtf... I told the most recent girl I would be leaving a poor customer service review at the end of the call -- she transfers me to the spanish speaking line so the review for my "most recent interaction" wouldn't be linked with her - it would be on the spanish rep she connected me to.. Despicable, unethical crooks.

jerryv17
3/18/18

I initially couldn't even sign up and ended up going to a local agent to get government required health coverage. Now the IRS is holding back my tax $ and threatening to charge me because they didn't receive a form which I never received from H.C.gov
I can not retrieve this form with the website because of reasons unknown to me and the customer service. Why is the IRS unable to just retrieve this info from healthcare.gov? It's like a circus. Oh yea it is because excessively over paid 500 or so top government employees can't, won't just don't work together...
Thanks for nothing!

Tip for consumers: Good luck...

donnar225
3/10/18

I submitted documentation to prove my income from 2017 for healthcare coverage. My income for 2018 is cut by 2/3rds tried to get payments for coverage reduced instead increased it to $823 a month for just me. They sent me a letter and said I was eligible for an special enrollment period until May 10th, however somehow my original application got deleted, they then said I am no longer eligible for a special enrollment period and want to charge me $1700 a freaking month when I can apply in the fall of 2018 for 2019. Hell no thank you to either one I will go to my doctor pay him his 80 office call and go to Walmart and get my prescription for a 3 months supply for $16. My total monthly cost $96.00 I only hope to God i do not need any surgeries or to be hospitalized. These insurance companies are getting rich off the backs of Americans who work everyday for a living. Why in the hell are we the only civilized country in the world without universal healthcare?????

annas308
3/8/18

They neglected to end my service when I requested. In the end, I am forced to pay for an extra 3 months that I didn't need nor know I was covered for. Instead of cancelling it today, they have it set for 2 weeks from now, adding additional costs to the unnecessary hundreds they are already taking.

This was affordable coverage, but ended up taking more from my pocket than I have to give.

paull248
2/14/18

Very poorly managed. Can't imagine how poor a system can be. I was extremely disappointed. Never had an experience worse than this.

belenc2
2/13/18

Charles was so helpful in explaining the different coverages, and getting all my information in an efficient and quick way. I have affordable health insurance that now all because of him! Answered all my questions. Thanks again!

mattk74
1/29/18

My wife cancelled our service in June of 2016 when we were married - they never cancelled the service even though it was referenced in their notes that it was supposed to be. They billed us through 2016 even with dozens of phone calls. We received the 2016 tax form showing that we were covered through the year - multiple calls again to get the corrected tax form and finally received a tax form but it was for the wrong year. IRS claimed they were going to fine us for not getting the corrected form in on time. Now 2017 tax form comes and it showed coverage for half the year again stating they auto enrolled us again. The most ridiculous process I have ever been through...

scottw165
1/22/18

This organization is unbelievable. It can't get any worse. I received a letter from my dental insurance provider in October of 2017 telling me my insurance would automatically continue into 2018 without having to do anything except pay my premium. In December I went on to the Marketplace website to change my medical insurance. After securing a medical plan, the website asked if I needed any additional dental or vision insurance. I DID NOT because my dental plan was already in place for 2018. I checked "NO". Well apparently by answering "NO" it gives them the right to go and cancel the dental insurance you have in place...with no knowledge that they were going to do so. Nor did I give them any permission to cancel my insurance. I didn't know my dental insurance had been canceled until I received a refund check from my dental insurance provider in January. When I called the Marketplace to get this fixed, they would do nothing. I just kept getting the scripted answer of "You are out of the enrollment window. Unless you have a life changing event you cannot make any changes until the next open enrollment in the fall". But wait, YOU cancelled my insurance. I talked to 3 people (2 supervisors) and kept getting the same answer. Finally the last supervisor told me I was as far up the chain as I could go. Her bosses were not accessible to the public. I would just have go without dental insurance for the year because of their screw up. What a organization...you can screw up everyone's insurance and then not have to correct any of your mistakes.

juliez20
1/19/18

Both my husband and I found other coverage in dec 2017. We both deleted applications on healthcare.gov in December. Employees from healthcare.gov REINSTATED those applications without our knowlege. (All the info was wrang because we were not married on those applications from the beginning of 2017 and we were married in the 2nd half of 2017, so those applications were set as single).

Those applications were approved without us ever giving approval to submit them! We both had to go back in and TERMINATE policies we never asked for! Now my husband is being billed by Anthem for January when he never asked for a policy from them!

This is pure and unmitigated fraud on the part of healthcare.gov. To submit applications for persons who did tried to stop the process AND submit false information to boot should be investigated and prosecurted on the part of healthcare.gov employees and the programmers who made that an automatic process.

I would rate them a zero, but that is not an option.

emilyj85
1/17/18

One of the Supervisors hung up on me made me cry if youre having a bad day make sure you dont take it out on a pregnant lady. I was on the phone for 45 minutes when she started to scream at me and hung up I couldnt believe how bad her additive was. I dont have any respect for this company because of that and messing up my account so many times. No one seems to know anything about their job. Also its defiantly not affordable Obama screwed everyone up. Praying President Trump will be able to help us get this healthcare back on track.

lairdb
1/3/18

Cannot believe this is their attempt to "help" those who cannot be provided insurance through work or other avenues.

Regardless of whether a plan has been selected or not, they will spam you with emails stating you need to pick one. Which you can imagine will cause confusion. Causing you to log into their website that works maybe half the time. So then you have to call and deal with their customer service representatives who hate the Obamacare initiative as much as you do.

If there is any confusion or gap in your plan at all, they say they chose the closest plan to what you have but then it's double in cost and then they explain that you can choose another, which is what you would've initially chosen had the system not picked the most expensive, pulling money from you.

It is a poorly run system that is also a poor excuse for an option to help others.

matthewh126
12/28/17

Where do I begin...
When my wife and I first started with the Marketplace they asked us to send in about 8 documents between the two of us and upload them to the website "Healthcare.gov".
It has been 8 months since then and I have done everything the website and the representatives have asked. I have called them about 12 times and they always assure me that it will get taken care of and it never does, then they send me letters and emails threatening that they will terminate coverage if I don't get it fixed. AND MY WIFE IS PREGNANT!
Cherry on top.. The healthcare service that we are currently enrolled in for 2017 has no choice but to pull out of Nevada for individual plans because of healthcare.gov.. and there are no PPO plans in Nevada now for individuals with prior conditions (Pregnancy). So we are forced to use a healthcare.gov HMO plan for 2018 and my wife's OBGYN does not accept HMO plans so we have to switch doctors at the end of the pregnancy.
Also, every time you call to talk with them the staff has no idea what they are doing and it takes 30 minutes just to get on the same page just for them to stay "I dont know" or "There is nothing we can do" when there is something they can do, as I found out later.
DO NOT USE! SAVE YOURSELF A WORLD OF TROUBLE

zhig2
12/19/17

Called and spoke with:
Ms. Brooke weston (she is ok)
Ms. Jaeklyn morris (she is ok)
and their supervisor Lea Mitchell. Ms. Lea Mitchell kept cutting off, spoke to people beside her but rejected to answer customer, and rejected to transfer phone to other managers even if she rejected to resolve the issue. Late Ms. Lea Mitchell hung up the phone.

eriennen
12/15/17

I'm writing after a recent experience with one on the phone. I remember going through this last year but forgot the ultimate conclusion of my debacle. I moved cross country back to Minnesota from Florida, where I had signed up for this program. My account information was still under my mom from when I was younger and still learning how to actually do things.
I called to get a password reset, which actually got answered in a decent amount of time given the season and the fact that it is the end of enrollment for them. From the onset, the receptionist did not have a particularly kind tone with me. Which, given the fact that it is the day it is, I may have been more likely to let it slide. Yet she ended up getting very patronizing with her questions, especially with the way she worded some of them.
All of that can be forgiven except for the fact that when I was voicing my confusion, given that I did successfully obtain health coverage last year, she did not bother to ask very basic questions. She was determined that I was wrong instead of realizing that MAYBE I DID obtain health insurance. Especially since I told her several times I was living in Minnesota.
Really, had she actually been trained enough to realize that, 'hey this girl moved from a place that was covered by Health Care Marketplace to a place that was not covered. She probably did get coverage under the correct company.'
I won't deny I may have realized this sooner, yet I am not the one on the clock. The disrespect added to the fact that it almost seemed like she was saying things were my fault really ate at me.
Not only that, but the site is, of course, unbelievably inconvenient. As we realized the above and also that a lot of my log in credentials were linked to my mom's details than they were mine, we tried to alter so it would stop believing they could insure me and stop randomly calling her. We've had this issue before--when we started the account, it managed to get set up with two different spellings of my name. The details that actually mattered must have been on the one that got deleted, because it was bound to all the wrong information and would not let us change the address, info, or even my phone number without answering security questions. We tried changing the security questions to no avail.
Overall, I am far from satisfied with the website, the company, and the staff.

kevinw213
12/13/17

The worst site I've ever come across, nothing works. I try to apply and once I get into the wizard no buttons work. I'm in the software business an

jackg88
12/10/17

First of all, it took me about an hour to log into the website after running into a slew of problems resetting my account. However foolishly, I thought that was the worst part but I was wrong. Now I'm waiting for my identify to be verified after putting in my information and it won't let me continue. Everytime I try again, I essentially have to start the whole thing over. This website and its security protections are a completely mess! I've now spent over half a day and still don't know when I'll finish.

wandam42
12/7/17

There was a discrepancy in the details of my plan on the marketplace versus my insurance site for 2018. I was trying to find out which sites information I should trust before I commit for 2018. The representative said she couldn't understand my sh*t and hung up on me. How hard is it to understand my plans description on the marketplace was different than the insrance website? That person should be fired, but who do I complain to?

vl555
12/3/17

I lost my full-time job and my health insurance coverage along with it (Aetna POS Choice II, a VERY expensive plan for me personally despite employee sponsorship, with an endless series of bills for the services I availed in 2016-17). My Dec 2017 COBRA payment due was around $1600/-. I am still unemployed, and my wife has a modest income as a music instructor. I HAD to find cheaper options, and from Dec 1. I found one Healthcare.gov that suited my needs, I got a bunch of options and I chose the one that made most sense for me (Horizon BCBS) with a premium of around $ 1150/- for one month - saving me around $400/-. The reason my premium was still high was because of our combined income for 2017 was well above the threshold set by ACA.

For 2018 however, it was a different story. Our projected income for next year is expected to drop precipitously, and so we qualified for a substantial subsidy. The cheapest plan came with a premium of $0.92 per month after a hefty subsidy. There were a few more like that with a premium of less than $ 10.00 per month. We were all rubbing our eyes in disbelief, and even suspected that all this might turn out to be too good to be true. NOT! We verified (called the 24*7 Customer Service line) , and found this to be true and correct. We chose a plan that was just right for our family, and completed the entire application process, including uploading the supporting documents, in about 15 minutes. It was quite an amazing experience. My past employer's Insurer (Aetna) was nowhere near this user-friendly. Healthcare.gov was the hands-down winner. No question.

Here is the icing on the cake - the fabulous Customer Service. During the course of my checking out plans and enrollment for Dec 2017 and 2018, I had to call Customer Service (1-800-315-2596) several times considering some complications in my application arising from a family situation. EVERY time that I called, the Rep who spoke to me was genuinely friendly, extremely patient while answering the several questions I had, and was very knowledgeable. If they did not know the answer to something, or were not sure, they would put me on hold for a minute or two to research the website or speak to a Supervisor, and then circle back with me. The quality was the SAME regardless of the time of the day or the day of the week that I called.

Folks, please trust my word on this. The ACA is a GODSEND for folks like me, who need health insurance badly, but simply cannot afford it when faced with extenuating family situations and genuine financial hardships. I am sure that there are millions out there who are in far worse shape than I am, and perhaps they need insurance even more badly than I do. I sincerely hope this great service is not gutted by short-sighted political motivations.

chingm1
11/28/17

I didn't even get to log into the website and I already hate it. Forgot my password from last year so I tried to reset it. They ask for my email address... I enter it... Receive an email... Click on the given link... Answer 3 security questions, then it goes to a screen which asks for my email so they can send me another link to reset my password... I enter my email... I click on the given link... AND IT'S 3 SECURITY QUESTIONS, AND IT ASKS FOR MY EMAIL TO SEND ME THE SAME LINK. WHAT?!! GET IT RIGHT

glenm60
11/27/17

Website is not user friendly. The interface is fine, but it is not intuitive on some key functions. They should set it up to inform you, clearly, when the system is about to drop you. Customer service reps need to be much more trained and knowledgeable.

jenniferd235
11/16/17

When I called to update my 2018 application the lady updated my 2017 application and typed in that our wrong financial information (half a million dollars wrong!) Which kicked out our current eligibility. So, I received a bill for the month of December for over $600 due to an error on Healthcare.gov! Now, they say I need to file an Appeal! Thats absurd!!

adamh132
11/14/17

I haven't had insurance in over a decade because my employers never offer it
(I've always worked with small businesses). So after getting screwed by the penalty two years in a row I finally decide to give it a shot and apply for Health Coverage using HealthCare.gov . What an absolute waste of time. After all the time I spent filling out the information when I finally get to the marketplace I look at the plans and the cheapest plan is nearly HALF MY INCOME. I'm sorry. I'm not about to sell my house and give up paying my mortgage just so I can have health insurance. I thought it was supposed to be AFFORDABLE healthcare!?!? It's a joke. Completely and utterly ridiculous. This is an absolute plague on the American people.

justj4
10/25/17

I am so sick of the run around with canceling a policy. I was told to call the marketplace then I was told to call the insurance I was with and nobody had a damn clue what was going on! Im sick of feeling like a dog chasing my own tail and getting absolutely nowhere!! I shouldnt have to call in and find out what in the world is going on and then reescate an issue! Smh worst experience with health care policies! Customer service reps are mostly kind and willing to help but I feel there needs to be a better protocol put into place for these representatives so they dont feel as stressed and lost as the customer.

destinyy
10/23/17

I am just so impressed with the site and the people who answer their phones. Honestly, I've called on two separate occasions and they have gone above and beyond to help me and get me lined up with my first time health care. I'm so grateful!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

BECAUSE THEY ARE UNEDUCATED IGNORANT PEOPLE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HIRED. TRUMP NEEDS TO FIRE ALL THEM AND SHUT THIS DOWN. THEY HAVE YET AGAIN SCREWED UP MY PLAN AND MY DAUGHTERS 15 CALLS LATER AND I RENEWED IN NOVEMBER ...THEY DELETED ME AND PUT MY DAUGHTER...JERKS THEN GAVE HER A MESSED UP PLAN

By SARA A.

BECAUSE MARKETPLACE NEEDS SHUT DOWN

By SARA A.

I have Ambetter Health insurance this year for 2016 i have found out that ambetter in Texas is a scam the doctors listed under the insurance.are refusing to accept the insurance because the are having.problems collecting money because of this i can not fine a doctor under this program i even check further and found complaints under the BBB website. due i have to continue paying NOWING NOW THAT THIS IS A SCAM.

By Elnora L.

Questions? Get answers from the HealthCare.gov staff and other customers.

HealthCare.gov?