Review of HealthCare.gov

Baltimore, MD 21244, US
Tel: 1-800-318-2596

ap277
8/20/18

I have been waiting for over a month to get a denial from the state because that's what Marketplace told me to do on several occasions. They told me that I would qualify for special enrollment once I received and uploaded the document. I called the supervisor today and she told me that I don't qualify even though I have a denial letter. I'm stunned how absolutely incompetent the Marketplace representatives are..This place doesn't even deserve one star!!!!!!

ashleys348
8/2/18

Apparently health care marketplace had my birthdate wrong. How did I know? Well, tried to go to my checkup and was told I couldn't be seen due to my birthdate being wrong. After being on the phone with Ambetter twice, and healthcare marketplace twice, since they couldn't find my application, they said they were going to "escalate" the process so I could start using my health insurance. Yesterday I called to cancel my insurance due to getting insurance through my employer, and guess what.... birthdate was still wrong!!! So 7 month of paying a $300 premium for health insurance I couldn't even use, even after trying to have it corrected! I asked the lady if there was anything I could do, as I believe I should get my money back since my insurance was useless all year, and all she said was "I'm sorry." Never again will i be using the healthcare.gov marketplace!

garyl250
7/13/18

Wife gets in accident, becomes addict due to pain. Finally FINALLY find 1 place in 50 miles that accepts insurance for treatment to stop addiction. Rep judges her every step of the way, refusing to believe that detoxing can kill even though it happens all the time. We are still working on getting the insurance switched so she can become a better member of society and be herself again. Literally reps laugh at you and your requests for help. And we are being calm and polite but they dont care. They hate their life and their job and will try to make you hate yours. I hope anyone who reads this will keep your head up and get the help you need. Its hard, and big business i mean government makes it harder. But you got this.

Tip for consumers: Dont get sick.

mzf2
7/9/18

While I'm trying to look through the different health insurances. Why are these people being such damn pests, by bombarding my phone and voicemail with 10001 calls??? Common arse sense people!!! STFU and allow the person to view the plans, so that they can make an informed decision. Then they can call you!!! That's what the number given on the page is for.

If they don't make a decision, maybe then, A COUPLE of you can call them THE NEXT DAY!!! Have some damn proffesionalism and decorum. Most of all, if you're an insurance agent with a damned attitude, then go find a job digging graves somewhere. Because you damn sure don't qualify to work with live people.

nathanv24
7/5/18

We're trying to get a tax form, and have gone thru 5 sets of customer service representatives who have been extremely difficult to get answers from.. the only one that was actually helpful was Zach Olsen. The others were rude and indifferent.. since April, now July, still hasn't been resolved. The customer services are very restricted as to what they can or can't do.. it's very hard to get help, let alone the insurance plans are another story.. we've had so many difficulties with these plans, I would not recommend anyone signing up!

christinef109
6/27/18

Since I signed up for Health insurance, every month after that they kept asking me to financial statements and I send them certified some know they received them. However, last week I got a notice letter stating that I did not qualify for the tax credit. I gather all the documents I needed to send to appeal on Friday, I called Monday and Tuesday to confirm if they received the fax, the answer was not yet. Today I called and was told they received the fax two days ago but nothing is in the computer. I then asked the rep. if she can document my call, the rep said she cannot do anything because there is nothing in the computer and my name was not showing up on the computer when they send the Notice to both me and my husband. It's unbelievable. I swear if I had the money, I would not bother with theses people but my husband need it and so I have to take their crap for my husband sake. Let's hope they don't misplace these documents again.

annam243
6/15/18

I did well on this program for 2 years but when I had a life change it snowballed a series of financial issues that cost me thousands , not to mention losing Health Insurance for over a year , because they didn't get any of my information to Blue Cross right and overlapped coverage and I was denied for 5 months , so I gave up , told them in Dec. 2017 to just stop trying to fix what they messed up . it's now June of 2018 and I just got a letter from them today denying coverage for the entire year of 2017 . I called them today to ask why and they said the letter voiding out the 1095-A is wrong , and the man I spoke to Michael General was not professional and did not know how to help , kept apologizing for what trouble I had last year but assured me over and again that the letter sent was a mistake of some kind or I was misreading the letter . I am a diabetic and have gone for over a year now with no Dr visits and medicines , my health is poorer than it's ever been and this company is still giving me grief , denying me service and proper intelligible help .

annettes77
6/15/18

Made a change for increase income. I could see the change online but monthly premium didnt change. I called and They talked over me stating its my fault I didnt complete the process online yet it showed my income change. Said Id get a penalty on my end of year tax returns and go talk to a tax professional its not their problem!! Same thing happened last year. $2500 penalty

theresap78
6/8/18

The first nightmare:I sent in my documents proving my change of life situation in May, sent certified mail. They uploaded them to the wrong application and said I would have to re-submit which means another trip to a copier and to the post office and $7.34 postage, then,to add insult to injury, they said I missed that month's enrollment date which means nightmare #2: The IRS is going to be on my as* when trying to filing for 2018 taxes, plus a fine !! THANKS UNCLE OBAMA !!

raneea
6/7/18

I signed up for this site about a year a go trying to get quotes for alternative health care and boy that was a mistake. A year or so later my phone is being spammed by telemarketers twice a day leaving voice mails. There is no way to block these idiots because they rotate the number every few flippen days. They're filling my voice mail box up with dozens upon dozens of 30 second spam filling voice mails. Yet there is no way to call them back to say "yes" sign me up or "no" stop spamming me. Due to the fact you can not call the number back.

ninob30
5/29/18

Terrible communication between employees. Don't bother with them. Don't even get involved. Don't know where to start with this company. They are all over the place. They constantly place blame on the insurance company and visa versa with the insurance company and Healthcare Marketplace. They don't know what they are doing and their not helping any one or themselves. Healthcare Marketplace needs to get their head out of the sand and get their business together.

anonymousa151
4/13/18

These are some of the worst kinds of people on the planet. Scammers who prey on the weak and uninformed through false scare tactics. Don't fall for these bastards, they will only take your money! Luckily I've seen them all and can spot them coming a mile away. Since they found a way to access certain information they were able to mail me their official SCAM letter. First red flag, I was actually approved by Medicaid 100%, and their letter said I wasn't. Second red flag, they claim to "lower" my premium. I have NO Premium. Sorry, not getting any of my money.

Do yourself a favor and don't give these jerks the time of day. Do not respond to them, response only opens the doors and may subject you to their contracts. Based on other reviews it sounds like once they have you hooked, it's tough to get out. Report them to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and write posts like this so others don't fall victim. Of course they're going to be nice if you give them money, just don't expect them to be there when you really need it. Watch for fake posts as well. This group is a complete SCAM. BEWARE !

brittniea
4/11/18
• Updated review

Just an update - My escalation was submitted on Feb. 14th and I called every few days between then and this past Saturday April 7th. Each call before this past weekend I was told my escalation was still processing. Finally, on the 7th I speak with a Ms. Jenkins who looks into the escalation and realizes that this whole time the escalation category was totally non-applicable to my situation. The escalation up to this point was basically moot. She had to resubmit it in a different category and said it may take up to 30 days.. Woof. I'm just happy someone, somewhere in that place has a brain..

“Completely Horrible”
3/15/18
• Previous review

They auto enrolled me the following year after I cancelled and now I'm looking at 2 months of unpaid coverage for early 2017 and have been in "appeal" hell trying to get answers ever since. I received a call from the market place during my appeal and the guy left a voicemail saying to call him back, every time I've tried to get through they have no records of who called even when I give his name - no records so no transfer. I ask to speak to the dept. handling my escalation and they say their "internal support team" will not allow them to transfer the call... wtf... I told the most recent girl I would be leaving a poor customer service review at the end of the call -- she transfers me to the spanish speaking line so the review for my "most recent interaction" wouldn't be linked with her - it would be on the spanish rep she connected me to.. Despicable, unethical crooks.

jerryv17
3/18/18

I initially couldn't even sign up and ended up going to a local agent to get government required health coverage. Now the IRS is holding back my tax $ and threatening to charge me because they didn't receive a form which I never received from H.C.gov
I can not retrieve this form with the website because of reasons unknown to me and the customer service. Why is the IRS unable to just retrieve this info from healthcare.gov? It's like a circus. Oh yea it is because excessively over paid 500 or so top government employees can't, won't just don't work together...
Thanks for nothing!

Tip for consumers: Good luck...

donnar225
3/10/18

I submitted documentation to prove my income from 2017 for healthcare coverage. My income for 2018 is cut by 2/3rds tried to get payments for coverage reduced instead increased it to $823 a month for just me. They sent me a letter and said I was eligible for an special enrollment period until May 10th, however somehow my original application got deleted, they then said I am no longer eligible for a special enrollment period and want to charge me $1700 a freaking month when I can apply in the fall of 2018 for 2019. Hell no thank you to either one I will go to my doctor pay him his 80 office call and go to Walmart and get my prescription for a 3 months supply for $16. My total monthly cost $96.00 I only hope to God i do not need any surgeries or to be hospitalized. These insurance companies are getting rich off the backs of Americans who work everyday for a living. Why in the hell are we the only civilized country in the world without universal healthcare?????

annas308
3/8/18

They neglected to end my service when I requested. In the end, I am forced to pay for an extra 3 months that I didn't need nor know I was covered for. Instead of cancelling it today, they have it set for 2 weeks from now, adding additional costs to the unnecessary hundreds they are already taking.

This was affordable coverage, but ended up taking more from my pocket than I have to give.

paull248
2/14/18

Very poorly managed. Can't imagine how poor a system can be. I was extremely disappointed. Never had an experience worse than this.

belenc2
2/13/18

Charles was so helpful in explaining the different coverages, and getting all my information in an efficient and quick way. I have affordable health insurance that now all because of him! Answered all my questions. Thanks again!

mattk74
1/29/18

My wife cancelled our service in June of 2016 when we were married - they never cancelled the service even though it was referenced in their notes that it was supposed to be. They billed us through 2016 even with dozens of phone calls. We received the 2016 tax form showing that we were covered through the year - multiple calls again to get the corrected tax form and finally received a tax form but it was for the wrong year. IRS claimed they were going to fine us for not getting the corrected form in on time. Now 2017 tax form comes and it showed coverage for half the year again stating they auto enrolled us again. The most ridiculous process I have ever been through...

scottw165
1/22/18

This organization is unbelievable. It can't get any worse. I received a letter from my dental insurance provider in October of 2017 telling me my insurance would automatically continue into 2018 without having to do anything except pay my premium. In December I went on to the Marketplace website to change my medical insurance. After securing a medical plan, the website asked if I needed any additional dental or vision insurance. I DID NOT because my dental plan was already in place for 2018. I checked "NO". Well apparently by answering "NO" it gives them the right to go and cancel the dental insurance you have in place...with no knowledge that they were going to do so. Nor did I give them any permission to cancel my insurance. I didn't know my dental insurance had been canceled until I received a refund check from my dental insurance provider in January. When I called the Marketplace to get this fixed, they would do nothing. I just kept getting the scripted answer of "You are out of the enrollment window. Unless you have a life changing event you cannot make any changes until the next open enrollment in the fall". But wait, YOU cancelled my insurance. I talked to 3 people (2 supervisors) and kept getting the same answer. Finally the last supervisor told me I was as far up the chain as I could go. Her bosses were not accessible to the public. I would just have go without dental insurance for the year because of their screw up. What a organization...you can screw up everyone's insurance and then not have to correct any of your mistakes.

juliez20
1/19/18

Both my husband and I found other coverage in dec 2017. We both deleted applications on healthcare.gov in December. Employees from healthcare.gov REINSTATED those applications without our knowlege. (All the info was wrang because we were not married on those applications from the beginning of 2017 and we were married in the 2nd half of 2017, so those applications were set as single).

Those applications were approved without us ever giving approval to submit them! We both had to go back in and TERMINATE policies we never asked for! Now my husband is being billed by Anthem for January when he never asked for a policy from them!

This is pure and unmitigated fraud on the part of healthcare.gov. To submit applications for persons who did tried to stop the process AND submit false information to boot should be investigated and prosecurted on the part of healthcare.gov employees and the programmers who made that an automatic process.

I would rate them a zero, but that is not an option.

emilyj85
1/17/18

One of the Supervisors hung up on me made me cry if youre having a bad day make sure you dont take it out on a pregnant lady. I was on the phone for 45 minutes when she started to scream at me and hung up I couldnt believe how bad her additive was. I dont have any respect for this company because of that and messing up my account so many times. No one seems to know anything about their job. Also its defiantly not affordable Obama screwed everyone up. Praying President Trump will be able to help us get this healthcare back on track.

lairdb
1/3/18

Cannot believe this is their attempt to "help" those who cannot be provided insurance through work or other avenues.

Regardless of whether a plan has been selected or not, they will spam you with emails stating you need to pick one. Which you can imagine will cause confusion. Causing you to log into their website that works maybe half the time. So then you have to call and deal with their customer service representatives who hate the Obamacare initiative as much as you do.

If there is any confusion or gap in your plan at all, they say they chose the closest plan to what you have but then it's double in cost and then they explain that you can choose another, which is what you would've initially chosen had the system not picked the most expensive, pulling money from you.

It is a poorly run system that is also a poor excuse for an option to help others.

matthewh126
12/28/17

Where do I begin...
When my wife and I first started with the Marketplace they asked us to send in about 8 documents between the two of us and upload them to the website "Healthcare.gov".
It has been 8 months since then and I have done everything the website and the representatives have asked. I have called them about 12 times and they always assure me that it will get taken care of and it never does, then they send me letters and emails threatening that they will terminate coverage if I don't get it fixed. AND MY WIFE IS PREGNANT!
Cherry on top.. The healthcare service that we are currently enrolled in for 2017 has no choice but to pull out of Nevada for individual plans because of healthcare.gov.. and there are no PPO plans in Nevada now for individuals with prior conditions (Pregnancy). So we are forced to use a healthcare.gov HMO plan for 2018 and my wife's OBGYN does not accept HMO plans so we have to switch doctors at the end of the pregnancy.
Also, every time you call to talk with them the staff has no idea what they are doing and it takes 30 minutes just to get on the same page just for them to stay "I dont know" or "There is nothing we can do" when there is something they can do, as I found out later.
DO NOT USE! SAVE YOURSELF A WORLD OF TROUBLE

zhig2
12/19/17

Called and spoke with:
Ms. Brooke weston (she is ok)
Ms. Jaeklyn morris (she is ok)
and their supervisor Lea Mitchell. Ms. Lea Mitchell kept cutting off, spoke to people beside her but rejected to answer customer, and rejected to transfer phone to other managers even if she rejected to resolve the issue. Late Ms. Lea Mitchell hung up the phone.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

BECAUSE THEY ARE UNEDUCATED IGNORANT PEOPLE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HIRED. TRUMP NEEDS TO FIRE ALL THEM AND SHUT THIS DOWN. THEY HAVE YET AGAIN SCREWED UP MY PLAN AND MY DAUGHTERS 15 CALLS LATER AND I RENEWED IN NOVEMBER ...THEY DELETED ME AND PUT MY DAUGHTER...JERKS THEN GAVE HER A MESSED UP PLAN

By SARA A.

BECAUSE MARKETPLACE NEEDS SHUT DOWN

By SARA A.

I have Ambetter Health insurance this year for 2016 i have found out that ambetter in Texas is a scam the doctors listed under the insurance.are refusing to accept the insurance because the are having.problems collecting money because of this i can not fine a doctor under this program i even check further and found complaints under the BBB website. due i have to continue paying NOWING NOW THAT THIS IS A SCAM.

By Elnora L.

Questions? Get answers from the HealthCare.gov staff and other customers.

HealthCare.gov?