Review of HealthCare.gov

Baltimore, MD 21244, US
Tel: 1-800-318-2596

lynng144
5/14/19

I logged in to report a life change since my husband was becoming eligible for Medicare the following month. When you report a life change, it will kick you into your application. I inadvertently canceled my husband's insurance because I wanted to plan ahead. I only realized this the next day when I called the Marketplace about some documents they wanted and I was informed that my husband's insurance was cancelled even though we had paid the monthly premium in full. There was no way to just "notify of a life change" -- you have to go through the entire application and once you reapply without a household member you are out of luck until the next open enrollment. BEWARE: NEVER TELL THEM IN ADVANCE OF ANY LIFE CHANGE.

azdines
5/13/19

I spent the hall day to contact them but no way. Just music then nothing they cut off the line. One is too many for them.

dawnf100
5/11/19

My husband & I were covered through the MP for 2017. In Nov. of 2017 I went out to find out how much the new premiums were going to be for 2018. When I saw the amount that it jumped to, I knew we could not afford the insurance. My husband went to work for an employer leaving me to tend the business by myself so we could have health insurance. We never made a payment so I assumed we never signed up for coverage. We got a 1095-A stating that we did and now owe the government $1600 for coverage WE NEVER HAD!!! Instead of getting the money from Geisinger that should have informed them that we never made a payment and therefore did not have coverage, they would rather just get it from the poor people who couldn't afford it in the first place. Ridiculous and despicable!

laurent108
5/2/19

I aged out of my parents policy in March so as of April 1, I have had no insurance. I understand having to prove aging out but it's been 2 weeks since I have uploaded my supporting documents and I just not get a call saying they need more proof and that i need to write a letter. So your going to believe me over my official BCBS letter? I am 26 years old and will be paying out of my own pocket for health insurance. The LEAST the government could do is have decent staff who at least half way cares about the ones who are paying their own way.

normab63
5/2/19

The worse customer service I've ever experienced. The representative handling my call was Annabel Harper. The market place should put their employees through training to provide adequate customer care and satisfaction and problem solving versed getting argumentative.

tennilles3
4/30/19

I've never had any problems the past 4 years. Always easy to enroll and representatives friendly and knowledgeable. Always got affordable plan and eligible for decent tax credit. However, this year was terrible. Was put in wrong plan, then when they admitted it was their mistake, they allowed me to switch to correct plan, but expected me to pay the payments for past 4 months I was in wrong plan. I was told there was nothing they could do and told to file an appeal which I did, only to be told they couldn't approve my appeal request. Then, another representative was very nice and went above and beyond to fix it beings was their mistake, so either they are very helpful, or completely useless, depending who you talk to and if you're persistent.

alissah19
4/26/19

I started my application for my special enrollment period in mid February, knowing that I would be kicked off of my parents' plan by April 1st. It took a month and a half before my documents proving that I turned 26 were accepted. I've beeb without health insurance for almost an entire month. Now it says I need to pay my premium by May 1st to avoid cancellation, but I can't do that without my member id number. They say I should receive that in the mail within 10 business days. I don't have that much time and I can't view my member id number online because you have to have your member id number to login. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and I will definitely be steering people away from using this awful site to buy health insurance. Very unprofessional and very slow. I gave them plenty of time in advance to approve my documents and they just didn't care one bit. So now I'm the one that's screwed all because of their laziness.

donj110
4/19/19

Tried to terminate my account and they wouldn't let me because they lost my application.We were on the phone for over 40 minutes and finally asked to speak to a supervisor. Once we got the supervisor on the phone we were hung up on.

jodiel30
4/4/19

The Marketplace is the worse. They send false records to the IRS which then they make you jump through hoops to get it fixed and want to blame everyone else for their mistake. They hung up on me then told me they did not send it to the correct place then told me they did send it to a caseworker so I ask to speak to them and of coarse they tell me I cannot speak to anyone.

angell126
4/1/19

they all need to be retrained on what the exemption forms are and who gets the approval on them because you get transferred to different people and then they tell you to speak to irs because they don't know and then irs says you were supposed to speak to the marketplace they go back and forth on what and who makes decisions and then when you asking questions they don't know the answer so they go off talk about something else or put you on hold and they are keep having to ask somebody else and they don't even get an answer they just refer you to speak to the IRS and the IRS says they do not answer the questions about answers with health care exemptions. That the marketplace does it. You need to really retrain the people that talk on the phone.

taylord80
3/31/19

Only solution to Americas depressing billion dollar soul-stealing insurance scam is to move out. Half your money goes to insurance, the other half to the military, leaving nothing for you. I Have experience with healthcare.gov, kaiser, cigna.

lisat389
3/27/19

The process to cancel insurance for my son who recently got a job with benefits was absolutely ridiculous! I tried to call and cancel two weeks before I wanted the coverage to end and was told I'd have to call on the date I wanted coverage cancelled. So, I waited until March 1st and followed their online instructions to "Report a Life Change". The site basically has you go through the entire application again (as if you're resubmitting) and then remove the dependent. I cover two dependents so I need to ensure that the other dependent keeps his coverage. I went through the whole application and submitted it. Then two months later, I received a notice from my Health Plan that I owe them over $600 for the months of March and April! They said they hadn't received any notice from the Marketplace to cancel the insurance. How can they be so messed up? I've already spent several hours on the phone today with both the Marketplace and my Health Plan trying to resolve this issue!

pattyw49
3/26/19

Looking at health care coverage costs via this web site is virtually impossible. You cannot do it online and you get so many calls from so many different numbers from people's whose first question is, "Can you pay right now." These agents who represent many different companies who can get your information for what you have entered, call and call and call and call from many different numbers. Some are nice, some are rude, and all do not care about your health - only about the money they can get from you. Don't use this. If you want an Obama Care plan or any other plan, use an insurance agent.

karissar3
3/25/19

Always gotten a refund but because someone put in wrong information throughout the year without my knowledge (because the website would NEVER work for me) and even put in my social wrong getting me dropped for a random month. My husband and I now OWE on taxes because of a mistake the marketplace admitted to making but they couldn't do anything for me. Told me to call IRS who basically said yes you just have to pay even though it was their fault. Do NOT USE THE MARKETPLACE. Would have rather had not insurance, paying for something that wasnt even USED and now I owe money for it. Thank you for the headache and stress. Glad I get to pay for someone elses mistake.

ccw7
3/21/19

Please, do not trust the people on the phone to understand Obamacare. They approved, without substantiating evidence, my husbands subsidy. We now owe 12000 dollars. They will approve you and then shame on you. This Obamacare, in my opinion and experience is a ponzie scheme with no accountability by the government. Shame on Obama.

shanm16
3/16/19

Here you need help let us help you get insurance, since now... you have to . Oh then lets take most of your tax refund because we "helped" you get insurance. I would have rather gone with out and taken the ding. This is what happens when you let too much government help (scam) you.

buntss
3/13/19

I waited 2 months for. Tax credit and finally when I got it market place said they will backdate it never happened every rep gives different stories and called insurance company they tell me till we don't rec info from market place we can't do anything and that I have to call them and I did they said call market place as they are the ones who will apply the tax credit backdate all they need to backdate but unsuccessful they keep on telling me week one week but nothing very frustrated and horrible service they take call back number in case we get disconnected but they never ever call back. 0 knowledge very unhelpful service

courtneyw130
3/7/19

I was looking up information, didn't even finish the enrollment process and got a notice from the IRS that my refund is being withheld due to Market place insurance. I didn't even know I had this. Got zero indication I was enrolled and now I'm stuck paying for something I didn't even use. Well I'm not going to pay I AM COMING FOR YOU HEALTH CARE. GOV I WILL NEVER STOP CALLING YOU UNTILL YOU FIX YOUR MISTAKE YOUR NOT GETTING A DIME FROM ME YOU USELESS PEICES OF F****** SH**!!!!!!!!

ashliec4
3/3/19

TERRIBLE to work with!!!! I was automatically enrolled in a new plan, unwillingly. When I spoke to someone a year earlier I was told if I didn't want the policy don't pay it, so I followed this advice...which didn't work! When I called and cancelled my policy on the 15th of the month I got a bill for the remaining coverage. I filed an appeal to change the date of the cancellation with marketplace only to be denied...remember this is a coverage i didn't even sign up for!!!! After calling to try and delete my account so this doesn't happen again, I was told it can't be deleted because it's not open enrollment. This company is a joke and ridiculous to work with!!! Sooo much for saving people money with affordable coverage....what a joke!!!!!! Now I'm stuck with a bill for coverage i didn't have or want!!!!!!!!! If i could give them a zero rating I would!!!! So fed up with them!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!! I'll go without insurance before i EVER go through this company again!!!

mikem1187
3/1/19

My daughter had two insurance policies because the person who I spoke to did not process the cancellation properly. Stay away from this website, get private major medical insurance through the major companies if you can. Please do not use this site. It is truly government run.

brandont67
2/28/19

Don't use this website. It doesn't work the way people think it does and when
you call to get something fixed because the site didn't work right they
tell you that you are wrong and the site works fine. I tried to cancel
my policy and it didn't give me the
option to select when to cancel the policy. I wanted it cancelled
immediately but it made my cancellation date a month later. I called
about it and very rudely was told that I should have called to cancel my
policy and they can't do anything because I chose when my policy was to
be cancelled. I wasn't given the option to choose but apparently they
were there and saw my screen as I was cancelling my policy. Now I get to
pay for useless health insurance while I am paying for the health
insurance I got through my employer

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

kennyn16
2/28/19

This $#*! is criminal. I'm a Vet trying to get insurance other than the VA . I'm paying for service, but yet this place says because I have service connected disabilities from the military and have coverage through the VA I cannot have insurance elsewhere unless I pay more than what my household income makes in a whole month. I tried to cancel my insurance in my name and the customer support line told me they can't take me off, and I have to continue paying until otherwise notified. Granted there is a refund at the end. I really shouldn't have to go through this when I did everything right on my end, and am being charged for a service that isn't providing it's end of the service that I'm paying for. What the hell are we paying for if you don't cover half the $#*! humans actually get in there lifetime. Healthcare.gov remember to have great health coverage you need to take a risk on people because without people you aren't $#*!. Signed the whole world!

stephanien92
2/26/19

The reps are incompetent, and I'm not sure how they have jobs. I was told for four months I did not have insurance when in fact I did. This delayed me receiving my taxes. When I finally was able to speak to a competent supervisor it took five minutes and a call to my insurance provider to get everything updated correctly. They are not worth the headache!!!! Not to mention they have auto enrolled me even though I have insurance through my employer. I was not aware I had to cancel because usually you have to enroll every year. Now the IRS are requesting additional information. I love Obama but not for this!!!

nancyg410
2/25/19

I enjoyed the service and website was helpful. The information was helpful and questions were answered accordingly.

michellew367
2/21/19

I ask them if I get hit by a bus and they take me to the wrong hospital I am stuck with 50% of the bill? They said YES for 800/month with a 7500 deductible. But illegal aliens get it FREE!!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

BECAUSE THEY ARE UNEDUCATED IGNORANT PEOPLE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HIRED. TRUMP NEEDS TO FIRE ALL THEM AND SHUT THIS DOWN. THEY HAVE YET AGAIN SCREWED UP MY PLAN AND MY DAUGHTERS 15 CALLS LATER AND I RENEWED IN NOVEMBER ...THEY DELETED ME AND PUT MY DAUGHTER...JERKS THEN GAVE HER A MESSED UP PLAN

By SARA A.

BECAUSE MARKETPLACE NEEDS SHUT DOWN

By SARA A.

I have Ambetter Health insurance this year for 2016 i have found out that ambetter in Texas is a scam the doctors listed under the insurance.are refusing to accept the insurance because the are having.problems collecting money because of this i can not fine a doctor under this program i even check further and found complaints under the BBB website. due i have to continue paying NOWING NOW THAT THIS IS A SCAM.

By Elnora L.

Questions? Get answers from the HealthCare.gov staff and other customers.

2 Photos for HealthCare.gov