Review of HealthCare.gov

Baltimore, MD 21244, US
Tel: 1-800-318-2596

christinet146
11/15/18

They are wonderful when you call them so willing to help.
Thanks so much Ashley!
I had a problem with my filing and Ashley took as much time as needed to get it done.

kimberlym143
11/15/18

I went to healthcare.gov for insurance and got a quote. The next thing I know I'm getting calls up to 50 times a day about insurance.

marqueritea
9/20/18

Horrible, Horrible !
I signed up for healthcare in August. Then in September they signed me up on another plan without my knowledge, know I have 2 plans. Didn't know until I made my payment and it was more then double the amount. There cancelled out for good!

ashleyq8
9/18/18

In May I moved from Oregon to Michigan and needed to get new insurance. I worked with an agent who was super helpful and started an online application for me. But then the application wasn't submitted and I could not reach him for weeks no matter how hard I tried. It was time to enroll so I went into the website to select my plan based on what we'd discussed. Only I accidentally picked "Detroit Metro" and I do not live in Detroit Metro. After figuring out the issue when there were no doctors in my area I went in and opened a new application for the correct plan. I should have changed the previous one but only found that out later. I got the correct plan a month later. But the old applications are still in there. Now, when I log into the website I can only see the application for the Detroit Metro plan. And, I keep receiving mail about the application the agent submitted, saying I "can't enroll at this time". I get two letters every month. However, THERE IS NO WAY TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION THAT IS TIED TO THE PLAN I AM ACTUALLY ENROLLED IN. Called the service line and they were absolutely no help at all, completely condescending and only giving me an option to Remove the old application and screw up my tax forms. I did it anyway since they could offer me no alternative to access my correct application, and it didn't even go through. They said wait 24 hours and check back. For a website service an entire country and be this terrible is a travesty. This is not an assault on Obamacare, I am for it. But whoever build this website was in way over their head and has no experience with information architecture. Our tax dollars shouldn't pay for this crap, and for all the agents required to help users navigate what should be a simple process. I never thought my insurance experience would be the tipping point to pull the trigger and get married but I guess that's what this has come to. So frustrated.

mariaa297
9/5/18

Absolutely rude and poor customer service. They have no issues hanging up on customers. Save yourself the trouble and pay cash

lisam865
9/5/18

Enrolling is a PAIN, then when you actually DO get a job with REAL health benefits, they cancel on their schedule, not yours - meaning that they show you had coverage thru them when you may have had coverage through an employer - yep, double coverage.

Enrolling in this plan may seem great, but it is NOT, and it is NOT required. You will be penalized for not having coverage, but the penalty overall would probably be way less than the premiums, which are actually deducted from any tax return you MIGHT have had otherwise.

Customer service reps are RUDE and practically scream at you on the phone.

My advice - STAY AWAY - pay the penalty and visit a cash clinic should you need to see a doctor.

robertg685
8/31/18

We have had Obama Care for nearly 3 years. It is overly expensive and offers poor coverage for the price. This year our insurance was cancelled in mid May for no apparent reason. We fully pay our insurance at the beginning of each month. May was no different. My wife tried to use our insurance at the end of May and found it had been cancelled. We learned it was for non-payment but payment was made. The insurance company finally agreed and refunded our money but could not reinstate our insurance. We appealed but still do not have health insurance (after 3 months). Obamacare is an expensive and horrible program run by a bunch of incompetent fools.

sp150
8/29/18

I bought my family health insurance through market place. First of all they sell you something which is not even worth paying. If you call their customer service for help they are rude. They don't want to help, all they need is your business. I WANTED TO CANCEL MY INSURACE BUT I COULDNOT BECUSE I HAVE TO PAY A PENALTY FOR CANCELING IT. I have to keep it for whole year that's the only way I can cancel it so now I have to pay my premium every month even tho I don't want to.
ALL I CAN SAY THEY R CHEAT, FROUD AND LIAR. Do not get health insurance through them.

monroem30
8/27/18

I reported them for fraud to the ATTY general and the medicare and medicaide fraud departments. I suggest you all do the same.
In My Opinion
This company while using a .gov address is NOT a government agency but a privately owned company that goes under at least 10 different names that I have found by a simple search online.
I see that they "enroll" people one month until about the 23rd or 24th of each month NEW ENROLEES which they get paid for! All of the sudden their status changes and they are NOT enrolled and there are papers missing applications incomplete (even though a make payment invoice had been sent. Some people paid only to be denied and payment is "credited" to the account. NO REFUNDS!
This is a situation I would steer clear from and go STRAIGHT TO THE MEDICAIDE offices and apply there with a person at hand avoiding this THIRD FOURTH party companies WHO BTW DO NOT NEED THE SAME SECURITY MEASURES with your personal info.
Ask yourself why does PA use a company in Kentucky who's call centers are in Fl. and elsewhere. BECAUSE the laws have not caught up with the new Ins. Programs there is little to no oversight. No accountability Just the wild west of data gathering and IMO data selling YOU SEE THEY ARE NOT PART OF HIPPA so your info is theirs to sell to the highest bidder....While charging the government IE> YOU AND ME THE TAX PAYERS!!!
In my opinion

ap277
8/20/18

I have been waiting for over a month to get a denial from the state because that's what Marketplace told me to do on several occasions. They told me that I would qualify for special enrollment once I received and uploaded the document. I called the supervisor today and she told me that I don't qualify even though I have a denial letter. I'm stunned how absolutely incompetent the Marketplace representatives are..This place doesn't even deserve one star!!!!!!

ashleys348
8/2/18

Apparently health care marketplace had my birthdate wrong. How did I know? Well, tried to go to my checkup and was told I couldn't be seen due to my birthdate being wrong. After being on the phone with Ambetter twice, and healthcare marketplace twice, since they couldn't find my application, they said they were going to "escalate" the process so I could start using my health insurance. Yesterday I called to cancel my insurance due to getting insurance through my employer, and guess what.... birthdate was still wrong!!! So 7 month of paying a $300 premium for health insurance I couldn't even use, even after trying to have it corrected! I asked the lady if there was anything I could do, as I believe I should get my money back since my insurance was useless all year, and all she said was "I'm sorry." Never again will i be using the healthcare.gov marketplace!

garyl250
7/13/18

Wife gets in accident, becomes addict due to pain. Finally FINALLY find 1 place in 50 miles that accepts insurance for treatment to stop addiction. Rep judges her every step of the way, refusing to believe that detoxing can kill even though it happens all the time. We are still working on getting the insurance switched so she can become a better member of society and be herself again. Literally reps laugh at you and your requests for help. And we are being calm and polite but they dont care. They hate their life and their job and will try to make you hate yours. I hope anyone who reads this will keep your head up and get the help you need. Its hard, and big business i mean government makes it harder. But you got this.

Tip for consumers: Dont get sick.

mzf2
7/9/18

While I'm trying to look through the different health insurances. Why are these people being such damn pests, by bombarding my phone and voicemail with 10001 calls??? Common arse sense people!!! STFU and allow the person to view the plans, so that they can make an informed decision. Then they can call you!!! That's what the number given on the page is for.

If they don't make a decision, maybe then, A COUPLE of you can call them THE NEXT DAY!!! Have some damn proffesionalism and decorum. Most of all, if you're an insurance agent with a damned attitude, then go find a job digging graves somewhere. Because you damn sure don't qualify to work with live people.

nathanv24
7/5/18

We're trying to get a tax form, and have gone thru 5 sets of customer service representatives who have been extremely difficult to get answers from.. the only one that was actually helpful was Zach Olsen. The others were rude and indifferent.. since April, now July, still hasn't been resolved. The customer services are very restricted as to what they can or can't do.. it's very hard to get help, let alone the insurance plans are another story.. we've had so many difficulties with these plans, I would not recommend anyone signing up!

christinef109
6/27/18

Since I signed up for Health insurance, every month after that they kept asking me to financial statements and I send them certified some know they received them. However, last week I got a notice letter stating that I did not qualify for the tax credit. I gather all the documents I needed to send to appeal on Friday, I called Monday and Tuesday to confirm if they received the fax, the answer was not yet. Today I called and was told they received the fax two days ago but nothing is in the computer. I then asked the rep. if she can document my call, the rep said she cannot do anything because there is nothing in the computer and my name was not showing up on the computer when they send the Notice to both me and my husband. It's unbelievable. I swear if I had the money, I would not bother with theses people but my husband need it and so I have to take their crap for my husband sake. Let's hope they don't misplace these documents again.

annam243
6/15/18

I did well on this program for 2 years but when I had a life change it snowballed a series of financial issues that cost me thousands , not to mention losing Health Insurance for over a year , because they didn't get any of my information to Blue Cross right and overlapped coverage and I was denied for 5 months , so I gave up , told them in Dec. 2017 to just stop trying to fix what they messed up . it's now June of 2018 and I just got a letter from them today denying coverage for the entire year of 2017 . I called them today to ask why and they said the letter voiding out the 1095-A is wrong , and the man I spoke to Michael General was not professional and did not know how to help , kept apologizing for what trouble I had last year but assured me over and again that the letter sent was a mistake of some kind or I was misreading the letter . I am a diabetic and have gone for over a year now with no Dr visits and medicines , my health is poorer than it's ever been and this company is still giving me grief , denying me service and proper intelligible help .

annettes77
6/15/18

Made a change for increase income. I could see the change online but monthly premium didnt change. I called and They talked over me stating its my fault I didnt complete the process online yet it showed my income change. Said Id get a penalty on my end of year tax returns and go talk to a tax professional its not their problem!! Same thing happened last year. $2500 penalty

theresap78
6/8/18

The first nightmare:I sent in my documents proving my change of life situation in May, sent certified mail. They uploaded them to the wrong application and said I would have to re-submit which means another trip to a copier and to the post office and $7.34 postage, then,to add insult to injury, they said I missed that month's enrollment date which means nightmare #2: The IRS is going to be on my as* when trying to filing for 2018 taxes, plus a fine !! THANKS UNCLE OBAMA !!

raneea
6/7/18

I signed up for this site about a year a go trying to get quotes for alternative health care and boy that was a mistake. A year or so later my phone is being spammed by telemarketers twice a day leaving voice mails. There is no way to block these idiots because they rotate the number every few flippen days. They're filling my voice mail box up with dozens upon dozens of 30 second spam filling voice mails. Yet there is no way to call them back to say "yes" sign me up or "no" stop spamming me. Due to the fact you can not call the number back.

ninob30
5/29/18

Terrible communication between employees. Don't bother with them. Don't even get involved. Don't know where to start with this company. They are all over the place. They constantly place blame on the insurance company and visa versa with the insurance company and Healthcare Marketplace. They don't know what they are doing and their not helping any one or themselves. Healthcare Marketplace needs to get their head out of the sand and get their business together.

anonymousa151
4/13/18

These are some of the worst kinds of people on the planet. Scammers who prey on the weak and uninformed through false scare tactics. Don't fall for these bastards, they will only take your money! Luckily I've seen them all and can spot them coming a mile away. Since they found a way to access certain information they were able to mail me their official SCAM letter. First red flag, I was actually approved by Medicaid 100%, and their letter said I wasn't. Second red flag, they claim to "lower" my premium. I have NO Premium. Sorry, not getting any of my money.

Do yourself a favor and don't give these jerks the time of day. Do not respond to them, response only opens the doors and may subject you to their contracts. Based on other reviews it sounds like once they have you hooked, it's tough to get out. Report them to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and write posts like this so others don't fall victim. Of course they're going to be nice if you give them money, just don't expect them to be there when you really need it. Watch for fake posts as well. This group is a complete SCAM. BEWARE !

brittniea
4/11/18
• Updated review

Just an update - My escalation was submitted on Feb. 14th and I called every few days between then and this past Saturday April 7th. Each call before this past weekend I was told my escalation was still processing. Finally, on the 7th I speak with a Ms. Jenkins who looks into the escalation and realizes that this whole time the escalation category was totally non-applicable to my situation. The escalation up to this point was basically moot. She had to resubmit it in a different category and said it may take up to 30 days.. Woof. I'm just happy someone, somewhere in that place has a brain..

“Completely Horrible”
3/15/18
• Previous review

They auto enrolled me the following year after I cancelled and now I'm looking at 2 months of unpaid coverage for early 2017 and have been in "appeal" hell trying to get answers ever since. I received a call from the market place during my appeal and the guy left a voicemail saying to call him back, every time I've tried to get through they have no records of who called even when I give his name - no records so no transfer. I ask to speak to the dept. handling my escalation and they say their "internal support team" will not allow them to transfer the call... wtf... I told the most recent girl I would be leaving a poor customer service review at the end of the call -- she transfers me to the spanish speaking line so the review for my "most recent interaction" wouldn't be linked with her - it would be on the spanish rep she connected me to.. Despicable, unethical crooks.

jerryv17
3/18/18

I initially couldn't even sign up and ended up going to a local agent to get government required health coverage. Now the IRS is holding back my tax $ and threatening to charge me because they didn't receive a form which I never received from H.C.gov
I can not retrieve this form with the website because of reasons unknown to me and the customer service. Why is the IRS unable to just retrieve this info from healthcare.gov? It's like a circus. Oh yea it is because excessively over paid 500 or so top government employees can't, won't just don't work together...
Thanks for nothing!

Tip for consumers: Good luck...

donnar225
3/10/18

I submitted documentation to prove my income from 2017 for healthcare coverage. My income for 2018 is cut by 2/3rds tried to get payments for coverage reduced instead increased it to $823 a month for just me. They sent me a letter and said I was eligible for an special enrollment period until May 10th, however somehow my original application got deleted, they then said I am no longer eligible for a special enrollment period and want to charge me $1700 a freaking month when I can apply in the fall of 2018 for 2019. Hell no thank you to either one I will go to my doctor pay him his 80 office call and go to Walmart and get my prescription for a 3 months supply for $16. My total monthly cost $96.00 I only hope to God i do not need any surgeries or to be hospitalized. These insurance companies are getting rich off the backs of Americans who work everyday for a living. Why in the hell are we the only civilized country in the world without universal healthcare?????

annas308
3/8/18

They neglected to end my service when I requested. In the end, I am forced to pay for an extra 3 months that I didn't need nor know I was covered for. Instead of cancelling it today, they have it set for 2 weeks from now, adding additional costs to the unnecessary hundreds they are already taking.

This was affordable coverage, but ended up taking more from my pocket than I have to give.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

BECAUSE THEY ARE UNEDUCATED IGNORANT PEOPLE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HIRED. TRUMP NEEDS TO FIRE ALL THEM AND SHUT THIS DOWN. THEY HAVE YET AGAIN SCREWED UP MY PLAN AND MY DAUGHTERS 15 CALLS LATER AND I RENEWED IN NOVEMBER ...THEY DELETED ME AND PUT MY DAUGHTER...JERKS THEN GAVE HER A MESSED UP PLAN

By SARA A.

BECAUSE MARKETPLACE NEEDS SHUT DOWN

By SARA A.

I have Ambetter Health insurance this year for 2016 i have found out that ambetter in Texas is a scam the doctors listed under the insurance.are refusing to accept the insurance because the are having.problems collecting money because of this i can not fine a doctor under this program i even check further and found complaints under the BBB website. due i have to continue paying NOWING NOW THAT THIS IS A SCAM.

By Elnora L.

Questions? Get answers from the HealthCare.gov staff and other customers.

HealthCare.gov?