Review of HealthPlans.com

El Segundo, CA 90245, US
advertise@healthplans.com

tiffanyn54
5/17/19

This site is a scam. You'll receive constant calls and slightly disturbing voicemails. Mostly of people breathing, the sound of mumbling in a far distance, scratching noises and so on. Its never just a normal person talking.

marioa69
3/26/19

Hang up on me 4 times. They ask me if I'm ready to buy I told them I need to see how much are they to see my options. They just hung up on me.

chelseym12
1/30/19

These people have called me 10 times in 2 hours. They claim it is different providers but they all have the same message and most don't sound like they are in a call center but rather at a party or on the street. When i told them to stop calling they got rude and spoke to me like i was stupid.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!

tomw321
10/25/18

Called this company TWICE to investigate insurance for my wife because she'll lose her coverage when I retire next month. Both sales people were obnoxious, rude, and hung up on me when figured out I wasn't going to purchase a plan today.

jamiep138
10/11/18

If I could have given zero stars I would have. The agents that answer the 800# ARE FREAKING JERKS. I'm SHOPPING. I called for infomation. I'm not ready to give them $575 TODAY. The agent I talked to was arrogant and rude throughout the entire conversation. He tells me for a family of 5 it's only $375 per mos with NO deductible and 70/30 EVERYTHING. I told him I've worked in hospital billing for so long that literally THOUSANDS of patient bills have crossed my hands and that I've NEVER heard of such good ins- so what's the catch? That's all I said. I wasn't rude. I just asked a damn question. From there on he got arrogant and nasty. And when I told him I'd have to call back after discussing the details with my husband- he actually said "Well thanks for WASTING MY TIME!" and hung up on me?!?!?!? Seriously? So I call back to report the jerk to a supervisor and the guy I get wouldn't get one on the phone. I asked him "If you're a small telemarketing agency, if you can just pass on that one of the guys you work with treated me that way, that would be great." He gets SUPER OFFENDED (Really????) and says "NO MAM'M! We're NOT some SMALL telemarketing agency!" AND HUNG UP ON ME! Absolutely ridiculous, BABY-WHINERS they have over there. I will NOT be doing business with this unprofessional business.

dank180
8/30/18

It was a casual interest in looking for online quotes. They say they won't spam you, but right after I submitted my info, I received 10 phone calls immediately. Don't have anything to say about there services because I wouldn't give them the time of day after being bombarded with phone calls. Not the right approach for getting new customers. from other reviews I see, I guess I'm going to have to deal with them for weeks.

mzf2
7/9/18

They bombard you with calls, while you're trying to compare plans online. Like annoying pains in the arses. They need to open up their minds and let some damn common sense in. You don't get good customers by bugging the phuck out of them. It actually does the polar opposite...

meryla
6/12/18

I didn't actually buy a policy from these folks and I'm glad I didn't. I filled out a form online and received a phone call within a split second. The price I was quoted was quite high and the agent was rude. When I asked for the information to be mailed to me, he made a nasty remark and hung up the phone. I think I dodged a bullet here!

bk97
2/9/18

Called me non-stop for 3 weeks. As I blocked numbers they would just start using number spoofers. Threatened multiple people to be put on a do not call list. Right before the calls stopped I started getting tons and tons of spam that I am still dealing with. I doubt it is a coincidence. Do not waste the headache.

ts247
8/2/17

Don't fill out the on-line application! You will get a million phone calls as your phone number is distributed to dozens of partner companies, each of whom will try to call you endlessly, even after you buy a policy.

Call the 800 number at the top of the page. if you don't get a rep you like, hang up and call back..there are scads of them all selling the same thing. The person I used was very knowledgeable and forthcoming. Be prepared to invest time..at least an hour...to ask questions and then go through the screening process. Insurance was reasonably priced and went into effect the next day. The insurance carrier was accepted by all my doctors and was not one of the insurance companies known by doctors as no-pay or slow-pay.

Once you reach a decision, ask to be put on the Do Not Contact list to help slow down the calls. Your agent will call you, but it will stop the endless followup from other call centers.

Tip for consumers: Call the number. Don't fill out the web site form.

mariiaw
5/22/17

I filled out my application and gave them my card info. If I only knew how horrible their customer service is I would never buy anything from them.
Called customer service and nobody picked up phone and answered my calls. I sent them a message through their web site asking to call me ASAP but have not heard anything back. I DO NOT recommend using them

kk140
10/13/16

These guys are shameless hucksters. I simply asked for a little information on health insurance. Now I am getting constant phone calls from sales people that have no clue what options are available. Out of thirty voicemails only one was intelligible, leaving a contact name and phone number. One jackass called ten times in eight minutes without ever bothering to leave a message.
I wouldn't buy chewing gum from these jokers much less a product that I might need to save my life some day. Avoid this website, do not give them your phone number or any personal information. The

mos593
6/30/16

Took me 4 calls because they kept hanging up on me! I have a right as a consummer to ask questions! When I finally did get a person on the line, he came off as a bully, very pushy & condensending! Plus my phone is now blowing up with calls from insurance companies. Post the damn prices online and let me pick what suits me. Don't waste time with site, as they lack customer service skills big time!!!!

levif15
6/24/16

Do not use Healthplans.com! I have never had someone try and bully me into purchasing something in my life. When I asked for some contact information because I wanted to do some looking around myself, I was transferred to a supervisor and he HUNG UP ON ME! I wish I would have got his name, but I missed it. I was only asking for his contact information because I wanted time to research myself. I first visited with Caleb and he was nice enough and helpful, but they just couldn't understand why I would do the deal instantly. Do not use Healhtplans.com, they will just try and get you to sign right away.

florenc312
10/19/14

Healthplans.com is an excellent website for providing all the information need to make an informed decision about the health insurance plan. The goal of health plans offer financial security to meet health related contingencies. This site helps us to find out the right health plan and make it simple and easy to understand.

margaretg24
11/12/13

This is a great site for students to get health insurance and I found this link on the site where students can get health insurance. http://www.healthplans.com/get-health-insurance-quotes/student/ I found the site much easier to use than the government affordable care act insurance website which just keeps crashing. I am assuming this is the same thing as the affordable care act and that I am getting a subsidy for my insurance through this website.

Scam, definately a scam. They will call you incessantly and get rude when you tell them to stop

By Chelsey M.

Questions? Get answers from the HealthPlans.com staff and other customers.

4 Photos for HealthPlans.com