Review of Boomer Benefits

danielle@consumerbg.com

1 star

elliem57
8/18/18

I will start my Medicare coverage on October 1st of this year. I made it through the A&B part easily enough and then the secondary coverage was needed.

I am a fairly intelligent woman but I found the search for information on DGEF... WHATEVER to be confusing at best.

I decided I would find a professional to help me. I went from being confused to nearly suicidal!! I selected a broker and after a meeting with him I walked out of his office with spaghetti for brains.

So I got on the Internet and researched the complaints made by people about brokers who couldn't do the job.

Then I found Boomers and, oh my God, what a difference!

Paulette answered every question without a sales pitch behind it. There was no "flim flam" and I am very comfortable with all the information I received.

The ratings only go up to 5 but I have to give Boomer's and Paulette a 10!!

I am going to sleep well tonight!

jimb584
8/16/18

The web site offers both written and video information to guide you through the complicated options in order to select the your best medicare solution. Jana Shelton, our agent, was extremely helpful and patient in guiding my wife and I to "fine tune" our choices, without the hint of pressure. Excellent service, communication and guidance.

pamk73
8/15/18

Can't rave enough about the fantastic customer service "Boomer Benefits" offers. I attended one of their on-line webinars and it was so good - and so full of info that I didn't want it to end. My contact there, Laurie Potter, has been absolutely amazing to work with. She's helpful, patient, and could not have been more generous with her time. Her follow through on everything has been most impressive. I feel that there isn't anything about Medicare she can't answer ... it's a great feeling to know she's got my back and really cares.

sandrad216
8/8/18

After looking at many websites offering access to medicare supplements, I decided to call Boomer Benefits for two reasons: (1) the comprehensive list of companies they are licensed to represent and (2) the overwhelmingly positive reviews they have received. As it turns out, all of the positive reviews this company has received are well deserved. Brad, the agent I worked with to secure my policy, was courteous and helpful. He provided insights into the various insurers they work with in my state, including company size, length of time in the medicare market, financial ratings and average year-over-year rate increases. That information helped me make what I feel is a well informed choice, after which Brad walked me through the application in short order, then followed up with email copies of my application and some required documents. Within a week, Brad contacted me again to tell me my policy was approved and explained how to get help should I need it. This process could not have been easier or more pleasant. I highly recommend Boomer Benefits to others looking for information on medicare supplements and/or looking to secure coverage. And thanks again to Brad for his fantastic service!

davidf620
8/3/18

I elected to sign up for Medicare supplemental plans through Boomer Benefits after listening to one of their online seminars. With this an other research, I was already familiar with my options and knew what plan I wanted. Sean was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. He verified that my choices made sense for my needs and he took us through the process of selecting a provider and then the enrollment process. With his support, I was confident that I had done everything correctly and completely. Before working with Boomer Benefits, I looked for other Medicare brokerage services and could not find any source that seemed as fully informative, unbiased and clear about the process. I am also glad to have the option of utilizing their customer support staff if needed in the future.

judyb247
8/3/18

Laurie was exceptional! I was so confused trying to navigate Medicare supplemental and dental/vision insurance. Laurie was so kind and professional and explained all the details to me. She wasn't pushy - she was there to help. I want to take her to lunch! Judy

charlesr259
8/1/18

Sean, was professional, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. He took the time needed and then executed on everything we discussed promptly.

brigitteg11
7/26/18

Jana and Ally did an outstanding job, advising, confirming, and facilitating my enrollment into the medicare supplement and the prescription drug coverage plans that are right for me.
Both ladies were very pleasant to work with, communicating with them was informative and reassuring. Based on my experience working with Jana and Ally, I can unequivocally recommend Boomer Benefits.
Brigitte G

mildredg11
7/19/18

Robin helped me so greatly in researchhing the best supplement to my medicare, but also helped me to drop Humana after they refused to accept my lresigning. I had mamy problems resigning and enrollling in the plan that she spent so much time researching. What a Godsend!

brendas303
7/17/18

Boomer Benefits offers an exceptional service for those of us who are new to Medicare. Linda Harris worked with me over several phone calls during which she aptly explained the various options for Medicare supplemental insurance and answered all of my many, many questions in an easy-to-understand manner. Her knowledge runs deep and wide, and her manner is friendly and patient. I cannot recommend her highly enough. For Part D prescription coverage, Nicole Bocz guided me through the truly confusing options available. Good math skills are required to calculate which drug plan will give you the most affordable coverage at the same time it provides all the prescriptions you need. There are lots of moving parts in the drug plans, and she detailed all the factors necessary in effectively comparing and contrasting the plans. Like Linda did, Nicole kindly fielded lots of questions and hypotheticals from me.

Given how complicated Medicare is, and given how important it is to make good decisions based on your individual needs, budget, and lifestyle, it is very helpful to find a company like Boomer Benefits which regards comprehensive, up-to-date information as well as outstanding customer service as their top priorities.

Tip for consumers: Do a little homework ahead of time to be familiar with the various parts of Medicare and how they generally work. Boomer Benefits will be able to explain the confusing parts, and they will answer any question you can throw at them.

pattyh45
1/27/18

Linda Harris was very patient with my husband and I and never appeared in a hurry to get off the phone, even when we had just one more question...
I felt safe with her in that she was going to steer me in the direction that was right for my individual needs. I look forward to working with the the support staff in the future.

gailw37
1/17/18

So glad I found Boomerbenefits. Jana was so helpful in getting me started with Medicare and other insurance needs. Today, I found that there had been a clerical error and Ally was able to put me in touch with someone at Medicare to get it corrected. So glad I have them to help me.

rhondaw57
1/6/18

From Carrie W.---I am so grateful for Boomer Benefits! The staff is clearly dedicated to supporting seniors through any/all aspects of Medicare coverage. Valaree provided exceptional assistance as she spoke to my daughter (on my behalf) about next steps to address a potential coverage issue. Not only did she offer the benefit of her knowledge and experience, Valaree took the initiative to seamlessly conduct some quick research to ensure the most comprehensive insight into the issue. Everything makes sense now and I feel more comfortable getting the supplies I need to continue my remaining treatment sessions. I just wanted to personally acknowledge Valaree as yet another example of the exceptional customer service delivered by the Boomer Benefits staff. Thank you!!

janetm141
1/4/18

A friend told me about Boomer Benefits and I owe her many thanks. This was the first time I had to choose a Medicare supplement plan and without the help of Jana Shelton at Boomer Benefits it would have taken much more time and been difficult. This is an important choice and has great financial consequences. Jana was patient and knowledgeable. She helped me sort the pros and cons of each plan and I am confident that I made the right choice for my family. Many thanks to Boomer Benefits for providing this valuable service.

rhondar36
Rhonda R.
12/30/17

Valaree was wonderful to work with and I am so happy to have had the excellent service provided! Thank you.

davidm808
12/28/17

Darla did a fantastic job finding the best options for us. I did not want to depend on looking at all the advertisements that come in the mail when you are about to turn 65. I wanted an expert to evaluate our situation and make recommendations without bias. We live in Colorado but there are no companies I could find here of substance that focus only on our age group. Medicare-related choices are complex and in many cases, what you do at the beginning can effect you forever. I am positive I would not have made the best decisions without Darlas keen insight. And Boomer Benefits does not cost anything, because all insurance companies compensate them. Highest possible recommendation!

michaelm717
12/27/17

Darla stayed in contact with us when we were lax in doing our part. She was always helpful, giving us more information than we needed, but which was very welcome. We look forward to future work with her should the occasion arise.

edf38
12/23/17

Jose did a wonderful job explaining everything and walking me through the different steps. I couldnt have done it all without him. I feel like he was and will continue to be there for me.
Very happy to recommend Boomer and Jose.

billl117
12/23/17

Darla Fowler helped me figure out which Medicare Supplement was best for me. She provided a report which identified the 5 lowest premium Plan G policies along with valuable information such as the number of policyholders for each company selling Medigap plans in my state of Louisiana. This was extremely helpful in helping make my decision. I recommend Boomer Benefits to help in providing the information one needs to select the right plan.
Bill L.

sutherlandh1
12/21/17

Darla was very efficient and helpful. She answered all my questions and was quick to respond. I have already refered friends and family and will continue to do so. to

cherylg65
12/21/17

Tom was patient, knowledgeable and not at all pushy. He was a welcome change to the representatives of Cigna, who would never return phone calls or make themselves available.

davidd404
12/20/17

We were pretty well prepared to shop for a supplemental policy and a part D plan but still had questions. It is hard to compare all the details. I like the idea of having a real person to help, and Jana was just great. She helped with facts and advice based on real experience and helped us focus and decide. The whole decision and application process was made simple and it's free of charge.
I'm confident that I can call anytime and get help with any additional issues that may arise. With all the information available online there is still a need for personal service, and Boomer Benefits filled that need for us.

suzanneh47
12/20/17

Linda Harris provided us with such great help in sorting through our options, explaining things, informing us of key points, and answering all of our questions. She is thorough, knowledgable, well organized, and excellent on follow up. We feel so lucky to have had her advice. She made the confusing and complicated world of Medicare plans seem easy. And to make it even better, she's a genuinely nice, caring person!

Tip for consumers: Don't hesitate to use this valuable service! Doesn't cost more than buying directly from an insurance company, but you get personal advice and an advocate. What a great service!!!

christinej47
12/19/17

So much confusion regarding Medicare plans and every day information comes in the mail. I actually saw Boomer Benefits on facebook so filled out the questions. Jana called me soon thereafter and gave me information about the program and the webinar that I could watch. It was very helpful and answered many questions I had. I like that they look at your needs and find the company that suits those needs. I have been happy with my choices and feel I have the coverage that I will need. Jana has been more than helpful and is always available to answer any questions I may have. I know that she is just a phone call away and if I get the voicemail she is very prompt in calling me back. I just had a question today regarding my drug plan which she answered so I feel confident this will continue.

peterr148
12/16/17

I contacted Valeree concerned that two of my drugs jumped to tier four. I told her these drugs are important and part of my daily life,Valaree suggested requesting the insurance company to reconsider, and put the drugs in a lower tier. She sent me the necessary forms for my doctor to complete, we submitted them for review, those drugs were lowered to tier one. I received a 143.00 refund on my first refill.Thanks,Boomer

Hi Rick, you have the same 7-month initial enrollment period for A and B as you do for Part D. So you can enroll in Part D as late as 3 months after your 65th birthday month. As long as you apply for Part D before that window ends, you won't face any late penalties. Your Medicare supplement open enrollment window lasts for 6 months after your Part B effective date, so if you apply during those 6 months, you won't have to answer any health questions. If you apply more than 6 months past your Part B effective date, you will answer medical questions and go through underwriting.

By Danielle K., Boomer Benefits Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Boomer Benefits staff and other customers.

Boomer Benefits?