Review of Hanes

Tel: +1-800-770-3387
hanes.customer@hanes.com

tammif1
2/18/19

Finally found a bra that fit and I can afford! I loved it so much I ordered another. It also had coupon code for 10% off and free shipping.

lizf66
10/21/18

I still browse their website occasionally but usually don't buy. Shipping is pricey and SLOW. The products I liked have been discontinued or diminished in quality. And only positive reviews are allowed. They also bait and switch. I get an email with sale items but when you try to order, they are suddenly sold out and they try to get you to buy something else.

tamarad10
10/3/18

I am surprised at the negative reviews. I ordered from them twice during the past month and had good experiences. Everything was on sale and shipping was free both times due to daily specials. I haven't used them before this and plan to use them again. I like the products and prices. My shipments all arrived timely. I have not had to return anything yet .... and, we all know that's the real service test. I'll update this when/if that happens.

lexib21
8/14/18

I ordered one bra listed on their site and purchased the standard shipping which guaranteed the bra would be shipped out within about 6-10 days or something like that. It's been three and I have yet to receive any notice of shipping email. I emailed customer support asking about my order and they said that the item I chose was out of stock and that it could be 20 days until I receive it. Okay, why wasn't the item listed as out of stock then? If I knew I was going to be waiting nearly a month for a bra that was out of stock then I wouldn't have bought it. I really needed a new bra though so stupid me thought it was just that item and I could buy another one and have it shipped to me within a few days as they promise. Second bra has been purchased; it hasn't been shipped either and it's past their promised shipping date. If the item is on back order then it should be listed on the site. If the item is on back order, the company should at least email their customer after purchasing to notify them instead of making them wait weeks on end wondering what's going on. This seems to be a very common issue so if you can't wait a month for your items, don't purchase. I will definitely not be buying from Hanes online again.

yammmmym
7/27/18

Twelve plus days waiting on a shipment, and no clear date as to when it will get delivered. Website pics are very poor quality. You have to sign in or call Customer Service if you want any updates on the status of your order. They ship cheaply using DHL who btw never knows where your package is. You cannot cancel an order if you don't get it in a timely manner, you have to wait it out.

piyushs9
5/27/18

The quality which I expected was not even the near one. I have purchased pairs of briefs and banyans. I seriously I have to throw them out due to dey becoming loose and getting torn from the stiching.

garyh319
5/14/18

I have been wearing Hanes tube socks under work boots forever. Lately I got a package that had 2-3 inches difference in length, and were paper thin. I expressed my concerns to the company on their web site, I got zero response for over a month. I will have to find a brand who actually cares about the customers, they don't. Don'y waste your money with Hanes.

jakek38
4/12/18

Hanes.website moderaters filter reviews. They rejected this review. I purchased 2 4-pks of these briefs at a cost of $29 each thinking that they would be as good as my Comfort Cool briefs purchased a few years ago. Was I wrong. I tried on a pair of these "Ultimate" Comfort Soft and they felt like an old worn out pair of underwear. These have NO elastic at the leg openings so they kinda just droop at the crotch and the leg openings are loose exposing me. These are new but their fit is old & worn out. I buy briefs for their support and that is what I find makes them comfortable to wear. These "Ultimates" aren't comfortable to wear at all. They are very annoying to wear and lack any support whatsoever. Women can find 10,000 styles of bras with all kinds of support offered. Why can't men get underwear with some simple support? I will be returning these and getting my $60 refund. I am done with Hanes. Bye Bye

debbiec141
2/12/18

I haven't had any problems when ordering bras from Hanes, other than slow shipping. But I recently purchased some socks for my husband that made his feet sweat profusely and stink, unlike previous pairs we had purchased from Hanes before. Seems the new Fresh IQ products aren't made with much cotton, but more polyester. Whose bright idea was it to make socks from polyester??? When I wrote a bad review, it was never posted. Figures. Just like another person said, they sell defective products at the expense of the customer and don't guarantee the quality. I would love to be able to return these socks and get a refund, because my husband can't even wear them. I wouldn't even donate them to a poor person.

melodyt10
10/12/17

The clothing I purchased from Hanes.com came jammed in manila envelopes, permanently creased and wrinkled. I followed their requirements to return them for refund. It's been 6 weeks and numerous calls to customer service to insure that a credit has been issued. Have yet to talk to anyone; instead I have spent between 25 and 54 minutes on hold with each call! I would NEVER, EVER order from these people again. Products shipped in horrible condition and even worst customer service! Stay Away from these people!

pamj29
10/8/17

I ordered five items on September 4th. As of today, October 8th I have not received any. I contacted their Customer Service Department via email. They responded several days later saying it could take up to 20 business days for delivery. They must ship book rate. Dont bother ordering if you actually need the item.

davidw517
9/21/17
• Updated review

So it has now been 5 weeks since I placed an order for 2 three packs of V-neck undershirts. One would think this is pretty easy for a company who is globally known for under-garments. I called last week to inquire about my order. I let them know I wanted to cancel my order if they could not offer any discounts. The woman i spoke with said she would check with her supervisor and call me back. I never heard from anyone. So i decide to call today and see what kind of response I would get. After being transferred from Customer Assistance to Customer Service (not sure how the two differ??) and being on hold for 7 minutes they hung up on me. I called back and was on hold for 17 minutes before anyone answered. Kay was not able to find my order when I gave her my order number. I supplied her with my name & zip code and she was able to find it. She then proceeded to tell me that the items I ordered were no longer in stock and this is why I did not receive them. I asked her if this was common practice for Hanes not to notify customers that their order could not be fulfilled for whatever reason. Then I asked her why my order was still showing as being in process when I log in to the website. Of course all you do receive from Hanes are empty apologies without a care in the world for the customer.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!

“Never ordering from Hanes again!”
8/24/17
• Previous review

Ordered two packs of undershirts as they have larger sizes online than in the stores. Website indicated I would receive my items in 5-7 business days because I live on the east side of the US. Today has been 5 business days and still not shipped. Called customer service and was told they are switching over to a new system and it is causing many delays. I ask what they are going to do? I honored my part of the purchase by paying for my items and they are not honoring their part by shipping the items on time. Was told the shipping is just an average and it should read 6-10 business days instead of 5-7. Woman basically told me there is nothing she could do and I would just have to wait for my order but had no idea when it possibly will ship. Glad is wasn't something important like medicine. I have bought Hanes products for years but this experience has changed me moving forward. I will pay double the money to another company rather than buy form Hanes. Sad because I really like Jordan though.

anner71
9/16/17

Before posting I wanted to verify that Hanes.com is as dreadful as I experienced. It appears so. I have yet to receive a product ordered 3 weeks ago. There's no way to check the status, so I emailed customer service. Here's their response, "We respond to email messages in the order they are received and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible." So I my hope is fading quickly. Point blank - DO NOT SHOP at Hanes.com.

ec203
9/5/17

on sale because they are all cut with a super long tail making them basically worthless, but then again its about them making money and not customer satisfaction, will pay more in the future with ralph lauren but at least i can wear what i buy, forget hanes and their underhanded ways of getting rid of wrong sized clothing at customer expense

ashl2769
9/2/17

Short and simple. Everything is easy with buying from Hanes up until the moment you complete your checkout. Immediately after that the money is deducted from your account and it's up to them whether they send you your products or not. I purchased $70 worth of tanks tees and sweatpants from Hanes and ONLY received a 6 pack of socks. This is the absolute worst experience I've had shopping from any company online. It's clear Hanes gives no **** about customer service. I recieved no confirmation email or any emails updating me on the status of my order. If the majority of my items could not be shipped due to out of stock or whatever they should have updated me and I would have cancelled the complete order! What do they ask for your email for if they don't use it!! Still waiting on either a refund or my products to be delivered. I have no idea what's going on

jamesp327
8/7/17

The don't honor their product prices. Wal-Mart had the same package of boxers but with more pairs in it. Call to see if they prices match there product with others stores that have it cheaper, the rude lady Angela I called said No! Asked if they could send me a label so I can purchase the cheap & better ones from Wal-Mart & she said I would have to go print it off myself & pay for it & the shipping. Use to think was a good company but Hell No its Not! Thanks

saraho38
8/3/17

I emailed about a hole (which I admittedly created) as a result of an inconveniently placed tag on a pair of underwear I bought. Customer service promptly emailed me back and more than compensated me for my own mistake. They earn a 5 star for that for sure.

brianp37
6/19/17

I ordered some sock from hanes.com. They sent me different socks in a different size than what I ordered. I spent 10 minutes on hold trying to get through to customer service, but I gave up. From their website, it looks like they want to charge people 6.95 for return shipping. Really, for 9.99 socks?

andread76
6/9/17

My husband loves the Hanes white T-shirts! He doesn't wear anything else but Hanes! I need to get some more, he is wearing them out!

lynnb102
5/13/17

Ordered shirts April 28 to receive in NY state. Tracking says went from NC to arrive in Ohio on May 4th and that's it- My order has taken up permanent residence in Ohio for an inexplicable reason. Paid for it, complained- Hanes doesn't care- they marked my order "completed" !!!!! NEVER AGAIN AND I RECOMMEND NOBODY ORDER AT HANES ONLINE - they'll take your money and ship your stuff to another state.

jang59
3/23/17

Only in Outer Space - IF there is life in outer space - would a "body tone" be magenta, or bright blue, or soft blue. I ordered a 6-pack of cotton briefs and chose the "body tone" option. I got nude/beige (yes!), pink (acceptable perhaps if one were sunburned), light blue (what??), dark bright blue (what??), magenta (what??), and jet black (still way darker than any African Americans I know....). I wrote to customer service and got a very rude response along the lines that "mixed" packages are colors they have no control over. O.K. I agree - "mixed" is "mixed"....but I ordered BODY tones....not "mixed". So, I went to package them for a return with the pre-paid label they provided--- and glad I read the small print! - they deduct $6.95 from your refund for the shipping charge. I only paid $8 for the briefs. Hardly worth the effort to return by mail. UNBELIEVABLE. Their "100% guarantee" seems to be accepted ONLY IN OUTER SPACE. The closest Hanes outlet is just over 19 miles away from my house. Grrrrrrrr. Hanes.com has lost a customer - but, they've gained thousands of dollars worth of NEGATIVE advetrising....as I'm a big "talker" amongst my friends and business associates.

sams319
1/1/17

Ordered a Christmas present on Dec. 11th Never shows up. I give them the benefit of the doubt, you know it's Christmas time, ordered get backed up. I keep checking my email waiting for the shipping status to change. Nothing. Christmas passes, new years passes, still nothing. No email telling me that anything has changed. Finally I decide to call and see whats up. "Yea that order was canceled. It was out of stock when you ordered it. You should have gotten an email telling you that." is all the guy says. Im LITTERALLY looking at my email telling the guy I got nothing telling me my present was never going to get here. No help what so ever. Customer service was horrible! Why even pay someone to do that? HE DID NOTHING TO HELP! if anything he made matters worse by hes smug attitude.

End of story there's Nothing they could do. and you know what there IS something i CAN do. NEVER buy from this company again. and go out of my way to stop as many people as i can from buying as well...

jasons242
12/30/16

This is the second order that was canceled when I purchased an item on sale. I am sure Hanes is more than willing to ship something at full price but they are great at advertising a sale then canceling anything purchased and not giving a reason why. Customer service is terrible and the brand is subpar, avoid at all costs.

lolli6
12/15/16

I ordered two item, I paid for both of them. Two days after, they send me a mail saying that one of my item has been cancelled because it is no longer available and that they are sorry but can't do anything. Then I send them a mail saying that I wanted to replace the item that has been cancelled or to be refund. And they never answered.

donh97
10/3/16

THE RECENT PURCHASE OF MEN'S WHITE BRIEFS (UNDERWEAR) WAS NOT TRUE TO SIZE... AFTER LAUNDERING, THE SHRINKAGE WAS SO MUCH THAT I WAS UNABLE TO WEAR THE.. I GAVE THEM TO GOODWILL.. IF YOU WOULD KEEP MY SIZE OF BLEND MATERIAL, IT MAY MAKE A DIFFERENCE... SO, I WILL PROBABLY NEVER TRY HANES AGAIN.. THANK YOU, DON HUGGINS E-MAL-- huggiesc@ charter.net

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Hanes staff and other customers.

Hanes?