HalloweenCostumes reviews

North Mankato, MN 56003-1713, US
sbeadell@halloweencostumes.com

melissab372
1/3/19

Nothing wrong with the costume except being too small. Wished the shipping minimum was a little lower for free shipping to receive it though, as rarely any costume for one person would be over $65 to meet that.

My issue with them is that I returned the item on November 8th and didn't get an email saying they received my item back until December 11th... They probably had it days after November 8th. The email on December 11th said it would be "still up to 2 weeks to process my return." It has been 4 weeks since that December 11th email and still no refund. I was already annoyed about having to pay return shipping on top of the "18% restocking fee" which seems pretty steep to open a box and put something back on a shelf. As it stands currently, I don't know if I would ever order from them again or recommend them to anyone I know, even if I had a coupon. On top of that their customer service hours are very short and not on weekends at all either and I shouldn't have to be babysitting this and reaching out about this. Regretting ordering from them. So far hasn't been worth being a little cheaper than Amazon because of a coupon I had.

ronaldm223
11/23/18

Ordered a Jolly St. Nick Santa suit for my charity with Santa Bag. Cost £200.
Very disappointed when suit arrived as it was very poor quality
Returned to Halloween Costumes by recorded delivery which cost me £11
Halloween costumes received the returned items on 9th December (signed for).
Despite a couple of live chats and emails to company I have not received a refund on this item.
I have also read the small print on their returns policy and have discovered that they are going to deduct 18% of cost for "restocking"
I am personally going to be £11 out of pocket for postage and charity is going to be almost £36 out of pocket for returning a very poor quality costume.
Incidentally I am still awaiting refund from Halloween Costumes
I would recommend that buyers steer clear of this company.

galew38
10/31/18

I ordered 3 costumes 6 weeks ago and it's Halloween and no costumes. I contacted them three weeks ago to check on them and sent in my order number. They said they were sent and allow 15 to 20 days. Well...nothing. The company email is a gmail account so I would say they are not a reputable business and I got scammed.

michellen155
10/30/18

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. Website said the costume I ordered for my daughter would arrive on October 29th. It is now October 30 and I have not received any notification or whereabouts of the costume. I contacted their customer service and found out that they lost my costume and never thought to contact me. Their resolution was to issue a refund and nothing more. No attempts were made to try to ship the costume overnight or expedite the shipping. Being a company that strictly sells Halloween costume, you would think that shipping the costume BEFORE Halloween would be their top priority. Now my daughter is without a costume the night before Halloween. I was already sketchy of using this website, but now I am certain this company is unreliable.

trinij
10/30/18

Ruined my son's halloween
Ruined my son's halloween. My son had been anxiously awaiting his Halloween costume: Demon Costume. The costume arrived today, the day before halloween and it is a female, supreme queen of hearts costume. I contacted customer service and was advised that there is nothing they can do at this point. I'm upset cause i trusted in Halloweencostume.com to simply deliver my requested item. Now, because of the time, my son lost his Halloween experience. Very upsetting, disappointing. Never again. Should have read the reviews prior to ordering. Halloweencostumes.com do not fulfill their promise.

samanthaf73
10/28/18

Bought a Halloween costume for my son 2 weeks ago. Selected a shipping method that clearly stated "Item will arrive before October 30". These people have an Australian domain BUT ARE NOT AN AUSTRALIAN COMPANY. I spend an hour trying to sort it out and was met with a "not my problem, I dont care" attitude; which admittedly infuriated me. long story short, spent $100+ for my son's costume. Never received it. According to postal service, it isnt even in the country yet. The kicker: They refused to return my shipping costs since it wasnt "Guaranteed". Sorry but "ITEM WILL ARRIVE BEFORE OCTOBER 30" sounds like a bloody guarantee to me.

bibsf
10/25/18

I tried to return a pair of boots that didn't fit. BUYERS BEWARE! They will charge an 18% re-stocking fee PLUS charge you for shipping!

BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE where you can have peace of mind you'll get your money back if you want to return something.

Tip for consumers: BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE! HORRIBLE RETURN POLICY!

waldop9
10/21/18

They sent me a costume that will not fit a normal sized adult. Then they require you pay for the postage to return the item and on top of that they charge a 16% restocking fee for all returns.

REALLY? this is a terrible business practice for an online retailer. NEVER AGAIN!

sharil27
10/5/18

These people are con merchants. I am filing a report with the BBB for what good it would do. I am from Canada visiting the UK. We specifically went on the co.uk website to order our costumes believing we were ordering from the UK which impacts sizing etc. We found out after the order was shipped that it's actually shipping from the US! Not only are the sizes going to be off, but we paid A HUNDRED DOLLARS more in conversion to pounds than we would have buying directly from their US website!! I did a live chat and asked if I could refuse the UPS package as this is false information and we ordered with the expectations of UK sizing etc. He said we would be refunded the cost minus any shipping and fees they would deem appropriate. I said we shouldn't be charged any fee. He said unfortunately that's what you agreed to when you ordered. Terrible customer service, terrible business practices and I would never order from them again. Rip off con merchants who shouldn't even be allowed to be in business. BEWARE!

lisab745
10/4/18

They charge an 18% restocking fee for all returns. An outrageous business practice for an online retailer. Shame on them. Just a way to rip[ people off.

kirstenp11
3/6/18

I have ordered my costumes from here for the last 3 years. I have had some issues with sizing being smaller than described, but sizes are how manufacturer labelled it, and I have the same problem when I go to other halloween stores, so I don't blame this site. Never had an issue with my order arriving on time, always in good condition, prices are competitive with other sites.

valentinah2
11/9/17

The 1 star review is not accurate because HalloweenCostumes.ca deserves 0 stars.
I placed an order with HalloweenCostumes.ca 4 business days before Halloween. The site guaranteed delivery before Halloween. Once I had paid, I was informed my order would be here in 3-4 business days. I still haven't received my costumes. I paid for premium shipping for a guaranteed delivery date. I wrote an email to costumer service who told me it was my fault my package had not arrived and UPS has the package. Sharleen M said it's my fault my package wasn't delivered because I didn't list a "suite number" in my address. I did not list a suite number because my address doesn't have suite numbers, it's a single stand alone building on a lot. It's a buisness and the doors are open 10am-8pm with someone working. HalloweenCostumes.ca is going to charge me $14 for UPS to send the package back to them.

tamarad29
10/25/17

I WISH I WOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS FIRST. I NEVER GOT THE COSUTME I ORDERED. IT (SUPPOSEDLY) WAS RETURNED BACK TO THEM AND THEY DIDNT GIVE ME A REFUND BECAUSE THEY CHARGE A $14.99 RETRUN MAIL FEE SUPPOSEDLY. I THINK THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. I THINK THEY PURPOSLY LEFT THE APT # OFF MY PACKAGE SO IT WOULD BE RETURNED BACK. I AM LEFT WITH NO COSTUME AND NO REFUND. BS! DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

johng541
10/24/17

ordered costumes for me and the family weeks ago. Had an expected shipping date of 10/20 - plenty of time for parties leading up to Halloween. Call them on 10/24 to see what is happening. They are surprised and bewildered that the shipping label has been created, but has not shipped. Basically after talking to manager they could either refund my money. or try to ship out again. first of all took a while in first place and now my daughter is missing her parties. Second "refund in full including your shipping" should be a given. I paid and got NOTHING. in fact, I got worse then nothing because now I have to scramble for another outfit. absolutely ridiculous. I will never shop their again.

rhondar33
10/23/17

I was nervous after reading a ton of horrible reviews, but I have nothing but great things to say! The kids of course wanted to be something that we couldnt find anywhere!!! Ordered on Wednesday night at my door on Friday afternoon - and we live in Canada too! They fit great, are great quality and weve already had a ton of compliments! Highly recommend.

tiffaniem1
10/23/17

Just know they charge and 18% restock fee on everything for any reason. and Charge return shipping ON TOP of that!

jenniferj105
10/14/17

So I bought a costume that was the typical overpriced so so quality costume you expect off these sites now days. It was too big and I ordered it really early so, although I could have gotten away with wearing it I figured I had time and returns were sopposed to be straight forward. I was refunded after purchasing a second costume (cause you have to basically reorder it) and then found out my refund was $30 short due to some lame restocking fee off 18%%
Last time I ever order from these rip off artists.

lizzys4
9/17/17

DO NOT USE this company! I purchased an outfit in on their uk site under the impression it was a British Firm. The parcel wasn't delivered due to there being HIDDEN customs charges which were not made aware to me at point of order. These charges were 33% of the sale price. When I called them to resolve this matter, not only did they have very little to say on the matter, they refused to accept responsibility for fraudulent advertising in that they market themselves as a UK based company. Trading standards have been advised of their pitiful service so I hope they will be in contact with regards to their UK site shortly. Extremely disappointed.

laureno15
6/8/17

I paid a lot of money for a costume that was poor quality. The website said it was a one size fits all up to Women's Sz 14. It fit like a Women's size 0. They want you to pay $6.99 for a return shipping label and 18% restocking fee. I will never buy from this company again. Horrible service.

markp197
5/22/17

Costumes look nothing like what you expect and you will recieve it all crushed up in a bag looking no where near worth the £76 you paid for it. Then they know you will want to send it back so they recharge you 18% of purchase price for restocking which is just a joke. Then they can't work out 18% so they take more money from you as they think 18% of £76 is £21 so a complete rip off. Probably could of bought the same costume out the pound shop. A company that is best to avoid poor quality and poor service and people who are out just to rip you off.

kseniiai
2/14/17

I was afraid to order from this web-site due to mixed comments below, but as my budget is low and I could not find the costumes I like for similar price on other web-sites - decided to give it a chance. So, got 2 costumes (Renaissance Queen & Furry Frankie Monster).
Comments
1) Delivery. Chose Parcel Priority to Cyprus. Got delivery by Fedex 1 day earlier than promised.
2) Sizes. I have a non-standard body shape & always have problems ordering online. Took me a while to find costumes which fit at the same time my waist & breast sizes, but i managed. And now - the time was worth it!! They fit amazingly! So - read descriptions of sizes carefully and ur patience will be rewarded :)
3) Quality - I paid 25Eur for one and 35Eur for another costume. For this price - quality was great. They looked as in the photos. Not perfect of couse - but great for the price!
Overall I'm super excited. Most probably, as i did not have high expectations and in the end got amazingly fitting costumes that look great! Highly recommended!

Tip for consumers: Read carefully sizes descriptions. I ordered one costume Large & one Small/Medium. Both fit perfectly in the end.

jocelynp8
12/7/16

After having such a bad experience with H & M today i joined this site to share my experience. I then remembered what a good experience i had with this company and needed to leave a review. I am suprised at the negative reviews. I ordered a costumer in the beginning of october for an early halloween party. I paid for overnight shipping since i needed it for saturday night. It was wen or thurs i ordered it i cannot remember. I got the tracking number later that day and it said it would arrive on monday!! NOOO which was UPS fault anyways it clearly said overnight and they just decided they would deliver in two days. I called customer service and they overnighted another one to me and i got it the next day. That is what customer service is all about. They were so nice...i had to send the late package back, no problems

catc1
12/6/16

Item never arrived! Driver claimed I signed for it on a day I wasn't in! I even got police reference number but they didn't care. Refused me a refund and I am disabled so left me out of pocket. Disgraceful. Avoid at all costs!

carolm166
12/5/16

Realize that what you purchase, you are stuck with cause the refund department stinks. I purchased 3 costumes for a last minute halloween party I was invited to and who knows what you will fit into and what you will not. Not only is there a 18% RE-STOCKING FEE but because I opened the "snap" on two of the wigs - not only were they NOT worn but not even tried on - they refused to give me a return on them. BUYER BEWARE and I will never order from them again... Just ridiculous!

natachas
10/31/16

Firstly I put my order on the 30/09 for a party on the 28/10, the site guaranteed a delivery for the 17/10. There should have been not issue for me to receive it in time.
On the 21/10 I contacted UPS who advised me my parcel was with my local post office. I moved house on the 23/10 - had I known they would not deliver it by the 17/10 I would have had the costume delivered to my new address. This is 6 days after my parcel was supposed to have been delivered. I now have no access to the property where it was originally supposed to have been delivered and the post office has delivered the parcel and take no responsibility either. But it wasn't delivered to ME!
Halloween Costumes have, as a gesture of good will refunded me $20, out of the $120 they owe me.... they don't have a department that deals with complaints, they do not acknowledge the fact they have:
a) not delivered the costume within the agreed delays
b) not delivered the costume to me
I will never buy anything through them and I would warn anybody who is thinking they will get their costumes within the agreed delays, they won't and on the top of that you will have to do all the leg work to actually get this resolved, because their so called "customer service" isn't interested!

The website is fine but the company don't stand behind their product. If you have any issues with your purchase they will blame their supplier and not take any responsibility. I experienced this first hand.

By Daniel -.

Hi Monique, I've had this same problem having them ship to Australia, turns out that the 'FedEx' tracking number they've given us is in the confirmation email is actually a UPS tracking number. Hope that helps!

By Anthony S.

I'm so sorry that you had a rude representative! This is not how we do business, if you could message me directly I would appreciate hearing from you. My name is Justine, and you can either send an e-mail directly through our site, or you can call and ask to speak to me. Once again I apologize for the situation, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

By Halloween C., HalloweenCostumes Representative

You're in luck! This costume is made of foam, but will shape properly when removed from the package and laid out for a day or two. I wouldn't suggest ironing it, however you could probably hang it in a bathroom where a hot shower is running so the steam helps remove any wrinkles. If you receive the costume and it's just not working for you, contact our Customer Service Department and we'll work to get it taken care of right away! Thank you, Justine HalloweenCostumes.com

By Halloween C., HalloweenCostumes Representative

Actually we have a few options, and it all depends on where in Australia you are located! Right now I'm seeing that we have a 2-3 day option that starts at $24.63 and a 3-5 day option that starts at $15.39. Keep in mind that the pricing on the site for the products, and the shipping will be shown in US Dollars and will convert to AUD when it's posted to your bank account! If you have any other questions, certainly let us know!

By Halloween C., HalloweenCostumes Representative

Questions? Get answers from the HalloweenCostumes staff and other customers.

2 Photos for HalloweenCostumes