Review of Guideposts

Tel: 1-800-932-2145
GPSprod@cdsfulfillment.com

gd146
9/14/19

As for ME and my house ( non-denominational Christian) we seek truth. Some Guidepost material does not line up with Scripture. It is slight but that is a slippery slope. I think the foundation has good and Godly intentions to inspire and encourage. Maybe need to edit/review material more carefully?

christinej13
3/27/19

I am still a subscriber...but won't be for long. The magazine is depressing. Almost every issue focuses on oldsters, people with Alzheimer's, and drug addicts. Don't we read enough of that in our daily news? There ARE a few good stories, to be sure, but not enough to counterbalance the depressing ones. I don't need to read anymore about dementia and drug addicts.

nevers1
2/21/19

We have never subscribed and have had the hardest time getting these to stop coming to us. Really frustrating!

debbier104
12/22/17

Bought the book a few years back and found that it is missing chapters 22,23, and beginning of chapter 24. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem . They can't help me because I waited too long . Hopefully I can purchase another book from someone else and won't have this happen again .

aprilm48
10/3/16

I ordered a CD from Guideposts and paid online. They cancelled the order with no explanation, then only refunded HALF of the purchase price. When I called to ask what was going on, they told me it would take 2 WEEKS to get the rest of my money refunded.

This company used to be so trustworthy but no more.

kevinh120
3/22/16

My Mother-in Law passed away 6 years ago, and she is still getting mailings from Guideposts.
I have called them many times to get them to stop sending us her mail. The say they have no control because it is all automated. Soon it will be time to hire an attorney.

barbarah59
6/19/15

I give them one star because I can't make it lower. In March they sent me a book that I didn't order so I tossed it; now I'm getting bills every month and they're getting nastier each time. The law says if I receive something I didn't order, I'm under no obligation to pay. Emails and phone calls to them have done no good, I thought they were "supposed" to be a religious group but their lying and nasty ways say otherwise.

Update on 08/31/15; I'm still getting monthly nasty letters from Guideposts, even after sending several emails; calling goes no where, just a circle of automated responses. The "nasty letters" now say that I can order nothing else from them until I pay my bill duh, as if I ordered the crap to start with!! They go on and on about my "Godly duty" and such. I'm a Christian and my beliefs have nothing to do with them. Just saw a post from a lady who mentioned how good they were during the War and I heard that too from my Mama; unfortunately the ones who ran the show then are a far cry from the ones there now.
UPDATE: Now it's several months later and the "God-Fearing" Guidepost jerks are still harassing me. I am now receiving, once a month, a "Notice of Refusal of Orders" even tho I've never ordered anything and never will. They're still saying I owe $17.74 and have been sent seven reminders so cannot order anything else - as if I would!! Since I wrote the above, I've emailed again and tried to call but my calls are electronically forwarded to never-never land. I've written two more letters so no idea where they went either. In case anyone wonders, this outlaw outfit is run by Seventh Day Adventist. I'm hoping that pretty soon they'll tire of aggravating me and find another sucker!! Ya'll take care!!
UPDATE: This is an after-thought. I can't help but wonder at all the people who have given these jerks four stars. What kind of kick-back are they getting? Are they being PAID to write those reviews? Obviously they're not dealing with the same idiots that I am. Just my opinion. . . .

blanchp
3/25/15

Guideposts used to be a really great magazine. Whether it was in the time just after World War Two or in the 80s or 90s, it could be counted on to provide genuine human stories of courage, difficulty and hope. I'm not sure what happened--maybe it became more commercial (there are so many ads even though it's a non-profit) or maybe the editorship changed for the worse--but today the stories are sappy, more overtly evangelical and just not as good. Worse still, you can't order back issues to get the good stuff. I'd skip Guideposts today.

Questions? Get answers from the Guideposts staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Guideposts