Guideposts

Guideposts has a consumer rating of 1.31 stars from 13 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Guideposts also ranks 66th among Christian sites.

How would you rate Guideposts?

“Poor customer service”

Holly K.
2/12/20

I ordered a devotional on 10/31/19 and didn't received by 1/12/20 so I asked for a refund. As of 2/12/20 I still don't have it on my PayPal. I have contacted them by email and phone and get a different story such as I was sent a refund on 1/14/20 or on 2/11/20 my PayPal was credited and from this point on I should contact PayPal. It was a small amount of money unless they are doing this to a lot of customers. Stay Away! If I could give them less than 1 star I would. This is the first time I've ever written a bad review about a company.

hollyk208
February 12th, 2020
amys925
February 3rd, 2020
I ordered a daily devotional book on 12/9/19. As of 1/10/20 I hadn't received it. I spoke to a rep who told me they'd resend it and I'd receive it in the mail by 1/31/20. I never received it. Today, 2/3/20, I called asking for a refund. I was told I'd ordered an e-book, which I still didn't receive, although the last rep I spoke to told me it was coming in the mail. Let's see how long it take me to get my refund. They've got some serious problems within their company.
pattih147
March 30th, 2020
I ordered a digital product and never received it. I emailed four different times and either received no response or got a lame excuse. I canceled my order and am waiting for my refund. Do not buy anything from this company.
kathleenm485
December 5th, 2019
I ordered and paid for a booklet called 60 Days of Prayer, supposed to be delivered every other month and out of 3 issues, only 1 came on time.
sandraj18
September 19th, 2019
I never subscribed to this foundation and yet I have been receiving numerous pieces of mail from them. It's always the same old thing. Requests for donations.
I am not religious at all and I have contacted them several times asking them to stop sending me solicitations. I was told that it would take a few weeks before my address was removed from their system but I continue to receive their mail. They don't even know my actual name.
In each envelope they send two Christmas cards both filled with scriptures from the Bible. They expect everyone to send these to family and friends. I do not celebrate Christmas and have nothing to do with my family at all. My friends are not religious nor do they celebrate Christmas. They would think I had lost my mind if I sent them Christmas cards.
I don't know what it takes to stop this mail but I want it to stop.
nevers1
February 21st, 2019
We have never subscribed and have had the hardest time getting these to stop coming to us. Really frustrating!
aprilm48
October 3rd, 2016
I ordered a CD from Guideposts and paid online. They cancelled the order with no explanation, then only refunded HALF of the purchase price. When I called to ask what was going on, they told me it would take 2 WEEKS to get the rest of my money refunded.

This company used to be so trustworthy but no more.
kevinh120
March 22nd, 2016
My Mother-in Law passed away 6 years ago, and she is still getting mailings from Guideposts.
I have called them many times to get them to stop sending us her mail. The say they have no control because it is all automated. Soon it will be time to hire an attorney.
barbarah59
June 19th, 2015
I give them one star because I can't make it lower. In March they sent me a book that I didn't order so I tossed it; now I'm getting bills every month and they're getting nastier each time. The law says if I receive something I didn't order, I'm under no obligation to pay. Emails and phone calls to them have done no good, I thought they were "supposed" to be a religious group but their lying and nasty ways say otherwise.

Update on 08/31/15; I'm still getting monthly nasty letters from Guideposts, even after sending several emails; calling goes no where, just a circle of automated responses. The "nasty letters" now say that I can order nothing else from them until I pay my bill duh, as if I ordered the crap to start with!! They go on and on about my "Godly duty" and such. I'm a Christian and my beliefs have nothing to do with them. Just saw a post from a lady who mentioned how good they were during the War and I heard that too from my Mama; unfortunately the ones who ran the show then are a far cry from the ones there now.
UPDATE: Now it's several months later and the "God-Fearing" Guidepost jerks are still harassing me. I am now receiving, once a month, a "Notice of Refusal of Orders" even tho I've never ordered anything and never will. They're still saying I owe $17.74 and have been sent seven reminders so cannot order anything else - as if I would!! Since I wrote the above, I've emailed again and tried to call but my calls are electronically forwarded to never-never land. I've written two more letters so no idea where they went either. In case anyone wonders, this outlaw outfit is run by Seventh Day Adventist. I'm hoping that pretty soon they'll tire of aggravating me and find another sucker!! Ya'll take care!!
UPDATE: This is an after-thought. I can't help but wonder at all the people who have given these jerks four stars. What kind of kick-back are they getting? Are they being PAID to write those reviews? Obviously they're not dealing with the same idiots that I am. Just my opinion. . . .
christinej13
March 27th, 2019
I am still a subscriber...but won't be for long. The magazine is depressing. Almost every issue focuses on oldsters, people with Alzheimer's, and drug addicts. Don't we read enough of that in our daily news? There ARE a few good stories, to be sure, but not enough to counterbalance the depressing ones. I don't need to read anymore about dementia and drug addicts.
gd146
September 14th, 2019
As for ME and my house ( non-denominational Christian) we seek truth. Some Guidepost material does not line up with Scripture. It is slight but that is a slippery slope. I think the foundation has good and Godly intentions to inspire and encourage. Maybe need to edit/review material more carefully?
debbier104
December 22nd, 2017
Bought the book a few years back and found that it is missing chapters 22,23, and beginning of chapter 24. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem . They can't help me because I waited too long . Hopefully I can purchase another book from someone else and won't have this happen again .
blanchp
March 25th, 2015
Guideposts used to be a really great magazine. Whether it was in the time just after World War Two or in the 80s or 90s, it could be counted on to provide genuine human stories of courage, difficulty and hope. I'm not sure what happened--maybe it became more commercial (there are so many ads even though it's a non-profit) or maybe the editorship changed for the worse--but today the stories are sappy, more overtly evangelical and just not as good. Worse still, you can't order back issues to get the good stuff. I'd skip Guideposts today.

Not sure. It seems they are charging for products they aren't sending out.

By Amy S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Guideposts staff and other customers.

Connecting people with uplifting stories of comfort and hope, prayer, and tools for faithful, positive living.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guideposts?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.3
Have a question about Guideposts?