GotQuestions.org reviews

Colorado Springs, CO 80923, US
presgq@gotquestions.org

willyb19
7/17/19

They did not answer my question. They did write something else.
When I did insist in answer my question, they told me If I am unwilling to accept what they write they do not respond any more.

What astonished me, too: They jump immediately to another bible translation when their translation shows sth. not of their doctrine. And when you ask why, they send your question back to you.

No comment. But see this:

Gotquestions is an Org like JWs have. They even have some behaviour like JWs.
Also gotquestions has the TULIP teaching of the Calvinists (exactly four of five of the Calvinistic teachings). Here again you see, they adopt whatever they can use - and when not, they move elsewhere.
The acronym T.U.L.I.P used by Calvinists. These five points are:
I. Total Depravity
II. Unconditional Election
III. Limited Atonement
IV. Irresistible Grace
V. Perseverance of the Saints

jeffb601
4/2/19

Sadly they support some false doctrines as the rapture and elements of dispensationalism.
Care needs to be exercised as what may be popular is not always correct.
Nevertheless a useful research tool.

selamm
1/10/19

Two things I am concerned about this site so far: It's view on the work and identify of the Holy Spirit, trying to use more socially acceptable terms to describe "sexual immorality".
Let us carefully examine the word of God on our own with the help of the Holy Spirit, seek multiple versus before jumping into conclusions, and receive the word of God, the Bible, with meekness and humility. May God bless all of us.

cliver6
5/27/18

The articles are referenced to the correct biblical text, with the correct context.

Sometimes the truth pill is hard to gulp, but they remain biblically consistent.

rhondam121
5/23/18

I use this site frequently. I find answers about difficult Bible passages and spiritual questions. I always find their answers to be based on the Bible, which is very important to me. I find their writers to be Bible based, encouraging, and invested in those who submit questions. Thanks for what you do!

stacym137
5/23/18

Whenever I have a Biblical question I always go to Got Questions first. I trust their insights and know they have thoroughly researched the answers because they are supported by Scripture. I highly recommend this for anyone seeking answers from the Bible, or just seekers in general. It has helped me tremendously to grow not only in my knowledge of Biblical issues but gives me a place to direct others who also may have questions that I may not know the answer to right away.

jamesq23
5/23/18

I've turned to Got Questions many times and always found sound, helpful biblical answers to my questions about the Bible and life.

timw260
5/23/18

Placing one's self out there to answer biblical questions opens one up for criticism. I am thankful GotQuestions.org bravely posts well conceived and researched answers to life questions. For me, this site saves me a tremendous amount of time in research, and reading thousands of questions, I find it very faithful to the biblical record. I highly recommend this for Bible students looking for correct answers that are not pushing an agenda.

maryk465
5/23/18

Met the owners and they are always very friendly. They have a great selection of answers to help you and they always try to answer your question with Bible references. I would go there for any answer. Thank you.

juliek139
5/23/18

This site has been my go-to for many years now when I have a question about anything regarding Christianity. It answers questions by straightforwardly reporting what the Bible has to say on the manner in a respectful manner. Even on issues that the Bible doesn't directly address, it either provides related scriptures or provides an unbiased overview of different viewpoints. Another review accused volunteer writers of not having theology degrees. While I'm sure that's true, the site's About Us page clearly states that every answer going out is reviewed for biblical and theological accuracy by the staff. Yet another review accuses the site of slandering other religions. This site gives straightforward facts on other religions and explains why those religions cannot get someone to heaven. Considering that the Bible claims that Jesus is the only way to heaven, this is (again) consistent with what the Bible teaches. I suspect the people who wrote these reviews have more of a problem with what the Bible teaches than they do with the site itself. For me, I visit this site often and love to refer people here. If you want to know what the Bible says on a matter, this is the place to go.

fredb160
5/23/18

I have used Gotquestions.org for several years. They keep to a good Biblical understanding without getting overly deep theologically. They try to tell the truth of scripture even if that is not what you want to hear.

edc162
5/23/18

This is my "go-to" website when I have questions about God and the Bible. The articles are grounded in God's Word and clearly written

patrickt120
5/23/18

If you want an answer to anything related to the Bible and Christianity, this site is the place to go and get an accurate and succinct answer that will be based on the truth of the Scripture and reputable sources to back it up. I have used this site for years to help me with bible studies and just questions that I have that I want to know what the Bible says about it, not necessarily what everyone seems to believe without a legitimate resource to back it up.

annied45
5/23/18

I am a Christian counselor and writer. I began using this site on reference from a friend and love its thorough, well-researched answers. When I am struggling with a Bible passage or ethical situation, I know I can always go to GotQuestions.org for some insightful articles. Highly recommend!

jeffw252
5/23/18

Wow, I totally disagree with some of these negative reviews, that, by way, dont mention specifics. Ive found the answers to the handful or so questions Ive researched on GQ to be very Biblically-backed. And Im pretty particular about that. Id recommend checking yourself and not relying on people who may have, or may not have, actually used it. And remember, its what God says about a particular subject, not how you personally feel about It, that matters the most!

stevenw229
5/23/18

If you would like to know what the Bible says about some topic this is the place to come. It endeavors to avoid personal opinions, although some topics are not directly addressed in the Bible so a certain amount of subjective judgement is unavoidable. I find it evenhanded in most of its subject matter and often refer to it.

austinh55
4/8/18

While honestly looking for an answer in reference to masturbation i felt as if there conclusion was false (URL LINK FOR "MASTURBATION ADVICE" https://www.gotquestions.org/masturbation-sin.html). It was based on an opinion of an interpretation that was just wrong. Based on other reviews it seems as if they constantly misinterpret scripture when the bible does not directly tell us of something. This website is honestly trying to scam people, i immediately got an email from Yahoo.com when i tried use there email our president option. As a Christian myself i wanted to know why they misinterpreted an open ended question that is not directly answered in the bible. Also this website asks to pray and donate to it, i caution everyone DO NOT DONATE TO THIS WEBSITE YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT AND OR EMAIL PASSWORD. TAKE A STANCE AND REMOVE THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.

HERE IS THE EMAIL I GOT FROM YAHOO COPIED AND PASTED MINUS MY PERSONAL INFO (NO PERSONAL EMAIL INFO, NO TIME, NO IP, NO LOCATION, OR NO TIMEZONE)

Hi Austin,

Your account is currently not enabled to sign in from apps that do not meet modern security standards (ex. Older versions of mail and calendar apps such as Outlook). As a result, we prevented a sign in to your Yahoo account (NO PERSONAL EMAIL INFO).

Date and Time: NO TIME (NO TIMEZONE INFO)

Location: NO LOCATION (NO IP)
We strongly recommend that you switch to Yahoo's apps such as Yahoo Mail on desktop and mobile and remove your account from all other less secure apps.

If you still want to use an app that uses less secure sign in, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps and turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in". This is not recommended and may leave your account more vulnerable to compromise. To learn more, please visit our help page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html.

Yahoo blocked this sign in attempt, but if it looks suspicious to you or it's not from an application that you're using, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/change-password and change the password for your account.

Thanks,

Yahoo

Replies sent to this email cannot be answered.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE FOR ADVICE ABOUT GOD, AND DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL INFO THEY WILL SCAM YOU.

mg149
2/12/18

This post very clearly is not on the right path, calling out an interpretation error and then attempting to provide what the correct interpretation should be is simply not okay. Truly, I am thankful not to be in the shoes of whomever is writing these answers because you are on unsteady ground. We all will be judged in the end. People, be wise and read the Bible for yourself, ask trusted friends or believers that you hold in respect to help you with interpretation if you don't understand. Do not go to GotQuestions.org, in my opinion, they are a stumbling block to others.

jg162
11/21/17

All of these questions are answered from a very limited, ultra-conservative viewpoint and are very biased. Most of the volunteers who answer questions do not have any education in theology; some of them don't even answer questions in complete sentences or paragraphs. They seem to be skewed towards promoting white, straight men while villifying everyone else. Their original article on rape culture was (ironically) a promotion of rape culture, blaming women for being assaulted because of what they were wearing. Honestly, just read the Bible for yourself and come to your own conclusions. This website isn't to be trusted.

joannaa23
11/1/17

Wonderful sight! Very biblical and objective. I highly recommend it to anyone who would like to find theologically sound answers about the bible and being christian

robertm457
6/12/17

wolves in sheeps clothing, they mix half truth with satanic ideologies (satanism) making the appearance that its a legitimate "christian" website

This website promotes the satanic agenda, to the absolute "tee" --

For those who are just waking up to reality, spirit ties are real, and sex with anymore than one partner in your life is sexual fornication (sin), whether the Lord "permits" divorce or not, its sin. Your first Love will always be yours, yet people are buying this disinformation and pretending that divorce is a moral option, when it never is...

Warning to all fellow Christians, do NOT use this site and do NOT buy their fabricated half truths, its literally all deception and implicit psychological operation.

God bless. Farewell.

christophers73
5/2/16

I've been using this site for years and have always had a positive experience

brandona
6/11/13

This website slanders homosexuality and many other reiligions! It mocks many scientific foundings that have been proven, all based on a book written, and re-written thousands of years ago based on stories passed down through many generations from times were many belived the world was the center of the universe and jerusilum the center of the world. a time were people were tourtured and killed for having minor reiligious differences. I mean if that isn't proof enough that it's a load of bull$#*! then you are beyond help and are just plain ignorant.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the GotQuestions.org staff and other customers.

GotQuestions.org?