Groupon UK

Groupon UK has a consumer rating of 1.26 stars from 156 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Groupon UK most frequently mention customer service, full refund and next day problems. Groupon UK ranks 115th among Daily Deals sites.

No positive highlights yet

• And just got off the phone with their customer service, horrendous!
How would you rate Groupon UK?

“Good”

Abdul H.
5/21/19

Good service. Many items are available here in best offer. Best of luck. Stromgle Incan recommend this site for purchasing and very stylish template. Clear picture of goods...

“False delivery Dates, No refunds, Steal your money”

STEVE J.
4/30/20

Groupon advertise a 2 day shipment date, my bicycle has not arrived after 35 days Customer services do send you an automatic ticket, which is worthless, Refunds are not possible, the directors are collecting as much money as possible from Customers and not shipping, totaly illegal and I will try to get them sent to prison. They are cheap but dont deliver AVOID at all cost

customer service (47)
stevej449
April 30th, 2020

Customer services do send you an automatic ticket, which is worthless,
They are cheap but dont deliver AVOID at all cost

abdulh62
May 21st, 2019

katieh253
April 23rd, 2020

"GROUPON STEEL YOUR MONEY, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM"

I purchased some garden furniture in March, the items didn't arrive as expected, given current circustances around Covid, I was tolerant of a delay. 4 weeks later my goods have still not arrived and they have advised I can only have a credit and they can no longer fulfil my order. You pay, trust and then don't get products or your money back. AVOID GROUPON AT ALL COSTS... SCAMMERS!

lindab56
September 24th, 2013

Bought several items, services, vacations and found them to be the most reliable of the discount sites. They had a very difficult period when new kids on the block but with Adam Lindsey at the helm of Customer Service, they are excellent and I constantly recommend them. Any problems are resolved with the least fuss and fairness

judym10
December 8th, 2012

I bought there only one coupon, but it was ok. Dinner was good, cheaper and I tried something new. I think if I see something interesting what's good bargain I'll definitely buy it. Let's see what will happen the next. Maybe I'll have different experience and then I review it again

marias870
April 29th, 2020

Delivery takes up to a month now.
Don't listen to their lies saying 2 weeks or less. Items don't always arrive.
My advice don't order at this time. The masks they sell are made in China.
I didn't wanna touch it. Not sure if it's clean from the virus or not if made there... customer service is poor.

tinaw7
October 9th, 2011

I think i commented on Groupon.com by mistake - which I have never actually ordered from lol.

Anyway my point is still valid I feel. It is an awesome site if you are looking for a good deal, never ordered anything of any serious value but I have bought driving lessons, trips to the dogs, meals and a few treats for the other half and always been happy with my purchase.

Some items are over priced (but in these cases I simply don't buy)

Overall I love the site, I think its a great idea and a great concept.

janines93
December 21st, 2020

Ordered a coat after nearly 4 weeks no show 5 days before Christmas Groupon tell me after I messaged them that the coats not coming now 3 days left for me to get a replacement present thanks waste of time

angiem122
July 4th, 2019

Groupon needs to get with the time and have live agents at the least. Purchasing products through the website is easy, however, amendments and inquiries are a nightmare. You are taken round and round in circles. Its a pity! Never use them again and wouldn't recommend them as the service is terrible. Please try and refocus your business model. Clients need to speak to agents or chat with agents. Not FAQ.

allanc53
April 30th, 2018

In December 2016 my account, along with many others, was hacked and items were fraudulently bought using it; however, all the money that went from my bank account was reimbursed. In about March 2017 I tried to use my Groupon account again to buy something else and it failed due to unknown reasons with the same failures happening twice on different purchases in October 2017.
I reported these failures to Groupon on each occasion and told them that there was something wrong with my account (probably as a result of security measures they put in place on my account after the hack); but every time they ignored me, said there was nothing wrong with my account and I should just try again later. In October I decided enough was enough and told Groupon that if it failed one more time then that was that and I wanted out.
In March 2018 I tried to make another purchased and it failed due to the same unknown reason again. I wrote to Groupon and said that either I wanted the credit I have on my account (about £25) sent to me directly, or I want goods to its value sent to me; and I want my account deleted. Groupon claim they are unable to do this and I have received this reply to my request:
"As much as I understand your situation I am afraid that in request to your monetary compensation I cannot comply. Groupon can only refund the price of an order and provide a gesture of goodwill in the form of Groupon credit.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, however we do not have the facility to place orders on behalf of our customers, so we will unfortunately be unable to send you the plant." (The 'plant' is the goods I wanted to buy in March.) I do not find this acceptable as there is no guarantee that if I open a new account the same failures wont happen again because the security measures may be linked to my name and not which account I am using, if this happens Ill be back to where I am now.

I am writing this as a warning to those that use Groupon: if anything goes wrong then their customer services are next to useless; and even if they eventually admit liability you won't be able to extract any money you have with them in a useful form.

chaquitam
March 31st, 2020

One star is one too many for this company. I purchased a voucher for our friends to visit a company close by. Unfortunately due to Coronavirus they have had to self isolate, I informed groupon within the 14 day refund period and tried to get a refund, they have refused to give me my money back and have given me vouchers instead. In normal circumstances I would agree with this but we have a pandemic which is out of our control so goodness knows when I will be able to use the voucher and like most people are worrying about money so every penny counts!

joyc55
May 9th, 2011

I purchased a Groupon voucher for O Spa. It appears that the company (O Spa HQ) are no longer trading. Groupon cannot be reached by telephone and do not answer my emails

christophed18
April 9th, 2020

Got tickets for an event on 4th of April. Obviously cancelled due to COVID-19. The event was rescheduled in June. But I can't make it any more.
First of all, I had to show them the official website stating it was cancelled on the date and postponed. Second they initially agreed on a refund... only to find out they gave me Groupon Credits... when I asked for a refund, which is clearly cash refund.

After emails sent, they keep pretending they can't give me a cash refund... which isn't in compliance with the law.

I have started a procedure with PayPal and my bank to get my money back. I have reported them to Trading and Services watching and Citizen Advice.
Insane, horrible company to deal with. Save yourself some pain, put the extra cash on the table, or find a deal somewhere else, they are absolute garb***

jennyg1
May 26th, 2011

Contrary to some of the other (bitter) comments about this co. I have had nothing but success with the deals I have bought from them viz: 3 nights in Jersey; full body and head massage; lunch for 2 at a prestigious hotel. NOTE: A reminder to the businesses that use Groupon - no matter what percentage Groupon take (and presumably it is one that you have agreed to) their deal still puts 'bums on seats' that would otherwise not have been in your premises. In our instance, we ate for 2 extra nights in the hotel and bought all our drinks., not a lot, maybe but still more business than the hotel would have had had we not bought the Groupon deal.

Stop whining and read the smallpring.

louiseh155
July 7th, 2020

I paid for experience through groupon, the voucher was claimed before the cut of date and the trip was booked. The experience has since been cancelled as Groupon haven't transferred payment. They are now refusing to pay for the experience and will not refund the money. They expect me to have a credit note.

rosalieh22
October 29th, 2020

Says dispatched but orders never arrive. Can only contact customer service on chat and they are useless. Asked for a refund on a no show but they were less than helpful. Had to ask PayPal to step in. Would NOT recommend

ginah190
September 14th, 2020

I've had a awful week or so now - I used them for years and overall you can get some great items as great prices - however Groupon for me have finally made sure I never order again- where they fail is when they make an error on delivering damaged or incorrect items - I now have three orders I'm simply want to return and get my money back on - they have sent the wrong plants, damaged plants and a damaged outdoor storage item- I've told them that
Firstly I cannot walk these to a post office - secondly I don't own a printer- I've said they need to arrange for these to be collected from here! I'm the customer who ordered in good faith they have not met my expectations! They are being really unhelpful and only offer under a third of what I've spent back and only as credits and also said how lucky I am they have offered this?! I am now considering taking this to trading standards! Please please do not make the same mistake I have! I have a battle ahead of me just to get my money back!

karins4
February 18th, 2016

Ordered a double towel bale from Groupon. The image on the site showed big fluffy towels which looked really good and luxurious. Towels arrived yesterday looking flat and cheap! Washed and tumbled dried the towels thinking this would make a difference but sadly not! Compared my towels with the image on the site and they are nothing like what they claim to be selling! Have purchased via Groupon before and been happy enough but on this occasion I've been totally ripped off. If a deal looks too good to be true then it probably is. Wish I'd bought quality towels from any High St dependable store! Not happy

Tip for consumers:
Really check the deal especially the quality

kathrynp96
February 19th, 2020

Had the most dreadful experience of this company and the customer service is truly rubbish. I'm truly astounded they're still in business. I would advise anyone to avoid this company at all costs.

shoanad
March 15th, 2021

If I could put a - I would. Over two weeks ago I received a radiator cover that looked as though it had been dragged all the way here. I contacted them to inform then that there were no parts to assemble it and the outside of the box was battered. They were completely useless. Every time I was put through the the management team who were equally, if not worse than the first person I was on chat with. I asked them to call me and this service was not available? They asked me to send a copy of the manual, I did. 8 days later still no parts and they then ask me to send the parts I required! I explain this was started on the manual, so all of them! There were No parts but trying explain this was like pulling teeth! Talking to Groupon is like listening to my 6 year old daughter arguing with Siri on my iPhone. And why do they not have review page? Funny that. I'll be deleting my account and will never use them again. Im £40.00 down and they boil my... trying to speak with them.

Tip for consumers:
Don't bother staying well away.

Products used:
Radiator Cover

daniellem598
June 4th, 2021

Avoid, company is run by crooks
Awful service. I decided to try again and placed an order recently. The order never arrived, I have spoken to customers services in regards to the issues a few times in which I am told someone from their resolution team with be in touch but I am yet to hear back. Wish I had ordered somewhere else as this is now the second time I have been messed about Groupon. The first time was a little over 2 years ago in which I ordered 2 cases of lemonade, 1 case arrived. I spoke to customer service and was told they did have enough stock to send 2 which is strange they knew this straight away but no thought to inform and get a refund issued. I was then told they had stock of a different flavour and will send a case of that. Unfortunately this was a flavour I didn't like. After having the same conversation with their customer service team for almost 3 weeks that I didn't want a different item as I wanted the flavour I ordered or a refund eventually Groupon gave in and said they would issue my refund which then took a further month to arrive. I know their products are through other companies but it their reputation on line when they deal with these companies for customers. I surprised they are still running with the amount of times they mess up as a company. I think they should be looked in and they should find a way to run their business better for the customers who end up out of pocket because of their mistakes. I will never use Groupon again after and I advise anyone who doesn't want lose money do the same

Don't use

Products used:
None never received the item or a refund

debbieb1030
September 15th, 2020

I wouldn't even give this company one star if I had the choice.
I have written a bad review about them previously and now have another.
Due to a previous bad experience, I was given £140 in Groupon credits (after they wrongly took my money and would not refund me).
I was not informed that my credits would run out within 12 months (which would have been in July 2020) and have now been told that my credits have expired and that I am not entitled to an extension of any kind due to the pandemic.
This company are absolute crooks and I strongly advise everyone to steer clear of them. So many bad reviews! Mine is just another to add to the list.

sharonh721
April 7th, 2020

I have been waiting since march 10th for groupon to refund for a hotel was double booked they have responded once to offer me a credit that I dont want since then no response to my emails

stephenp612
October 23rd, 2020

Groupon now sells the cheapest item ever, at one time the product was always good but now the items you receive are rubbish I don't know what's happened to the Company, sorry will never buy again

robertg51
May 1st, 2013

Groupon deals always appear amazing but when you go to redeem them the small print make them practically useless, their customer service leaves something to be desired as well. Avoid!

Hi all, I can sense the frustration here from buying deals that haven't worked out for one reason or another and that is understandable. I think sites like Groupon do have the potential to help small businesses as long as both parties can agree on terms are productive rather than counter-productive (for e.g. capping the number of vouchers sold if necessary). I had come across an interesting article on MoneySavingExpert.com that is worth a read here for deal lovers and merchants: http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2011/07/26/bought-a-spa-day-from-groupon-or-others-did-you-get-it/ Best, Aadit Founder, www.sellthedeal.com "Helping the UK resell deal vouchers"

By aadit b.