Review of GNC

Tel: +1-412-288-4600
privacyconcerns@gnc.com

samueld31
3/18/19

I purchased Pro Performance AMP Amplified Gold Whey 100% Protein Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor (891g) from a GNC store in Robinson Bacolod. It was on sale for 1,700 PHP (32 USD) from its 3,300 PHP original retail price because, as the saleslady explained, it was a new product the company is promoting. When I opened it at home, my wife and I were bothered by a foul smell that came out of the container and a rotten milk/egg like smell filled the house. At first, we thought that the smell was strong because the product was new and we just opened the sealed container. The following day we prepared two servings after our workout at the gym, although the smell was still strong compared to other whey protein products we previously consumed. As soon we drank it, we felt uncomfortable and both the smell and the taste were nauseating and made us feel rather sick in the stomach. We questioned if this how the product is supposed to taste or it is perhaps damaged. The next day I decided to try it again; my wife didn't have the stomach for it anymore. I prepared a serving with a colder water this time and the result was the same, nausea and feeling of disgust. We brought the container back to GNC Robinson and explained our concern. We asked to exchange it with another flavor or product that is less strong in taste and smell and more tolerable to consume. I also brought the plastic shaker I used for preparing the drink, which I already washed twice. I opened the cover of the shaker and had two staff smell it. They agreed that it was, as we described, disgusting! The foul smell had also filled up the store upon opening the container. After a long wait at the store for the management in Manila to receive our complaint and make their decision, we were asked to wait for a day before we receive the reply. We left the product with the store manager for testing as she requested and left. The following day, I received a text message from the manager saying: "Good afternoon, Sir. Sorry to tell you that we cannot give a replacement of your whey protein upon the decision of our head office. Thank you for your kind understanding." I replied thanking her for the updates and informing her that they can keep the container. We were disappointed and opted not to bring such nauseating and malodorous product back home, and to let the store deal with disposing it rather than us. After all, we lost the money we paid and the time we spent going back and forth to the store and waiting for managerial decisions. For the past many years, we have enjoyed the quality, taste and benefits of pure protein shakes from different companies and at lower cost. We learned a valued lesson: To shop somewhere else and to not fall again for GNC's persuasive sales schemes.

tracyt109
2/5/19

is a place where they sell most of the best quality proteins to achieve any goal in your life, they have a staff that knows each product to help you much more with what you seek to increase, they explain in detail what to do and how to achieve what you want.

heisenbergw
9/24/18

The Gold Card Membership discount card is a scam. They had me bought the gold card membership they lied to me u will get no discount no nothing all lies and bull$#*!. Don't buy from them, I'm telling you guys.

roberts1513
9/2/18

Be careful! The current GNC advertising campaign of 50% off throughout the store is fraudulent. The 50% applies to a select few items. I will no longer shop at GNC due to their phoney ads.

shellys76
8/25/18

GNC has a horrible product return policy. I regularly purchased a workout booster product from GNC for several years. Last purchase, the store employee told me there was a promotion and I could buy two and get a third can free. Awesome I thought! When i opened the third can - the product was bad. It had gone hard and couldn't be used without a chipping hammer. But I was bringing it back more than 30 days from the purchase date. REALLY!? What was i supposed to do. - Well no more GNC products for me or any of my friends!

billf166
8/7/18

Way too over helpful! How come every time I go in to a GNC I feel like it is a car sale? I cant even get to the register without being hailed at the door with a jacked up "Hi, can I help you!!!!" It is annoying that I have to talk to anyone before I am ready to ask question or inquire about a product that I may like to keep personal. GNC you really need to pull your staff back a bit if you want me to return to any of your stores. Not everybody wants to be greeted.

pauly51
10/4/17

I have dealt with GNC since 1970's and found many good things that are positive about GNC
The sales clerks are always proactive and the merchandise is top quality but the prices are a tad too high for this old retire senior citizen.
I shop on the internet for bargains by other vendors and also I shop in Vitamin World which is also located in the same mall (Mall of Monroe) in Monroe Mi. sometime it pays to shop around to get more bang for your $ Buck

davids730
4/6/17

Shame on you, GNC.com

This review specifically relates to the GNC.com website. This was my first and last time ordering on GNC.com.

The experience was gobbsmackingly frustrating. I ordered Isopure 7.5 lb pound protein powder. The process of ordering was fairly seamless. I added the product to the cart, checked out, and received a confirmation. Easy peasy...right? Not so much.

Here's where the fun begins. Twelve hours after placing the online order, I received an email that stated (paraphrasing) that the ordered was cancelled...no reason, no explanation, no nothing. So, I called GNC Customer Service. I was advised by CSA that the order was out of stock, and that there was no comparable product. And to make matters even more rich, GNC sent through a payment authorization to my card which will sit there for three to five business days before it is released. Therefore, I essentially paid for a product that I was guaranteed not to receive. Hmmm...

As I explained to the CSA, it is a lousy business practice to not have a "real time" inventory control system. And it is even worse to tie up a customer's funds with a bogus preemptive authorization. Just do what Amazon does. Query the customer account to make sure it is an active account, and then prior to shipping, bill the customer.

I am really annoyed. I could have used that money, that GNC tied up, for an immediate purchase for another bill that I could have paid. Really, really bad business practice. I filed a complaint with their Consumer Affairs Department, and received a voicemail from a CSA Supervisor, not a Consumer Affairs representative explaining the same policy. I guess the customer is not worthy of a simple higher level, or escalated return call from someone who care. They are not getting the point. The point is to reevaluate their programs/policies to balance the customer experience versus the business requirements.

I guess none of it matters. I will not be ordering from GNC.com ever again. I don't need my money tied up with nothing to show for it.

Think twice before you use GNC.com

samanthad46
3/28/17

About a month ago or so, I took it upon myself to get more serious about my work-out and nutrition habits. I do not have much knowledge on the subject so my first step was to visit a GNC location (for my first time). A few acquaintances had advised me that I should just do some research and buy my products discounted online somewhere. However, since I was so in the dark about what I need, I decided to talk to a GNC retail associate anyways. I am very glad I made this decision. The associate I worked with was one of the most helpful sales people I had ever spoken with. He understood that I had no idea what I was looking for and made sure I did not feel intimidated. He explained so much to me that has helped me in bettering myself. On top of excellent service, the products I ended up with are awesome! They are exactly what I did not know I was looking for. The trip was well worth saving a few bucks on a discount website. Had I bought products online, I am sure I would not have gotten what I need. The purpose of this letter is to say thank you for creating a focus on customer service and providing a variety of products to fit the needs of anyone. I unfortunately do not recall the name of the man who had greatly assisted me. Overall, I will definitely stick to purchasing from GNC stores. The store I visited was store #7826 in Ross Park Mall.

chrisv50
3/27/17

I have ordered various products from them, and they all came quickly, order was correct, packaged well, good quality products, convenient.

eliotj3
3/2/17

I always get up to date information on supplement reviews and coupons that help me maintain my health. And the staff is always helpful for suggestions on vitamins and supplements that will propel me to my next goal

nuyibanm
1/29/17

workers of GNC NEED TO be more entusiastic about any product not.just try ti sell gnc stuff cause right of the back customer knows he dosnt care about me he is more about there product and thatd where everything fail . they need toshow more compability , diffrence and how much organic the product is etc or first thing first listen to customer . get out of those hiding corners

jamesw369
11/15/16

Every situation is different
But if you need vitimans and minerals
This chain has good products

leahp18
11/4/16

I don't like how they make it obvious that if you only buy one protein bar it hurts their commission/employee rating. Thats not my problem. If I want one protein bar for a snack and I have college debt to worry about then I want one freaking bar and I should not be hounded to buy everything.

athenad1
Athena D.
9/13/16

This store is too god damn expensive!

nancym62
8/22/16

I do a lot of online shopping and found GNC's website to be particularly cumbersome for some reason. The search feature did not work properly on 3 separate occasions. The reason I tried 3 times is because the 1st 2 tries were unsuccessful. I finally found what I needed by scrolling through many items.
Shipping time was almost unacceptable. I believe it took 13 days for my order to arrive. . . long enough that I was almost going to call to see what was going on. I'd ordered a weight loss supplement and actually lost 5 pounds while waiting for my order. No complaints there, I guess. The tracking number I was provided did not have an active link, so that was useless to me. There is no reason any domestic shipment should take almost 2 weeks.
I probably won't use the online service again as it is easier and certainly faster to just go to the mall.

elizabethn42
7/8/16

I stopped being a customer because of deceptive pricing (computer rings up one price and the shelves say something else), but the last straw was their employee miss-keying my check information and declining my check when I had multiple times that amount. When I wanted to talk to someone about it, the idiot clerk did not have a corporate number for me to call. That's fine. My $1,500 per year worth of business will go to Super Supplements, instead.

Tip for consumers: They employ staff who no nothing about vitamins.

sallyf19
5/11/16

In the past when I've used them, I've had no need to call in, and everything gets taken care of easily. Can go to their store if my online order has issues

verdellc2
4/6/16

fine you can fine all your heath needs at a good price.

ka12642
2/19/16

The staff is always eager to recommend what is needed for my ailments. Knowledgable and service friendly.

millyb
2/16/16

The products are great but the website is not easy to use. If you put in a search for a product you know you have gotten from them before at there store, the results almost always say " can not find". But if you go through page after page of thier products you can find what you are looking for. The packing and shipping are great.They just need to work on making the website customer friendly.

dehuil
1/5/16
courtneyp22
12/5/15

I only shop on the gnc website during a sale, and for Black Friday they had 40% off the entire site so I purchased a box of quest nutrition bars which rarely go on sale. When checking out you have the option of using shoprunner, which I have an account with, so my order came within two business days much like amazon prime. I have never had a problem with my online orders and I know that if I did I can always return it thanks to GNC's great return policy. Overall, the site is easy to navigate, offers the shoprunner service, and has great prices if you have a gold card. GNC is the best place to get supplements and vitamins.

daniele54
10/22/15

I love Gnc! because of their Awesome Products which are Multi vitamins, natra sleep and many more!

tonyl49
10/11/15

slowest shipping of any site i have ever tried. took them 2 weeks just to ship my order and another week to recieve it. most of there supplements you can get elswhere- like ebay for cheaper and a lot faster, though i did get what i ordered eventually so if your in no hurry and want to pay more for your supplements order from here.

Questions? Get answers from the GNC staff and other customers.

GNC?