Review of Global Golf

Tel: +1-919-719-7958
questions@globalgolf.com

maxj47
5/31/19

The absolute worst company I have ever done business with. Not an exaggeration. This is not an impulsive missive. I've been thinking about this post for some time now, as you will see. SHOP AT YOUR OWN RISK

This may be long but I promise I'm just trying to give all the facts as they happened to give people the information they need to make a good decision.

I placed an order for a new set of irons on 5/11/19. I had also included a trade in of my old iron set to reduce what the new clubs would cost out of pocket. Unfortunately, Global Golf charges you in full for the order, then "refunds" the trade in amount after they are received and "processed. As a result, I was charged the full order amount on the day of the order

Less than 20 hours later, I submitted a message stating I wanted to cancel my order. I was told it was too late, the order had "shipped". i asked for a tracking number and received no reply.

The following day (Monday, 5/14) i received an email stating a tracking number had been generated, but when I called to ask why my "3 day" shipping would take until Thursday even though I had paid for "3 day" shipping, they told me the "ship date" does not count in the three days, so the order was still in their "shipping area" in the warehouse. Even though it was still on their premises, they could not cancel my order.

Finally, I received the order on Thursday 5/17. I immediately took the order to the FedEx store to return. According to FedEx's website, the clubs were delivered on 5/22. After a couple of days, the website still did not show the return had been received so I contacted Global Golf. They told me the website would update once the return was "processed" which takes 5-7 business days.

Finally, I received my refund on 5/31. For an order that I placed on 5/11 and tried to cancel less than 24 hours later when the items were still in their warehouse. 3 weeks they held on to my money

Oh, also, remember the trade in I sent? Well, I shipped it on 5/11. (remember, Global Golf couldn't "ship" my order on a Saturday, yet I had no issue shipping them my trade in). FedEx stated the trade in was delivered on 5/15, yet Global Golf didn't acknowledge receipt until Monday 5/20. From there they said it would be 7-10 business days for them to inspect and approve the trade in.

The trade in was approved on 5/30. However, because I returned my order that the trade in was to be applied to, Global Golf will now only give me a store credit for the trade in amount. They say that that's their policy. I read through their policy and no where does it explicitly state that trade ins on orders that are returned will only be paid in store credit.

I was annoyed when I had to have hundreds of dollars in limbos for 3 weeks because of an order I wanted to cancel less than 24 hours after placing it, but I'm a grown up, and I placed the order, so I was willing to accept responsibility for my actions (whether or not you think its absolutely ludicrous in this day and age of online retailing for each step of the process to be so slow is a matter of opinion). What really upset me though was that they no have my trade in set, and will only give me a store credit for them.

I don't want to do any business with them. I don't want them to have any of my money. If they aren't willing to send my clubs back to me, then they should give me cash for them.

Global Golf may be fine if you are absolutely 100% certain you want what you are ordering, that it will be in satisfactory condition (tough because they only use "representative photos" for used items), and that you wont have to return anything.

HOWEVER, if you expect Global Golf to act like any other online retailer and be responsive, helpful, fast and not hide behind fine print, you should know that it is 100% certain that they will not. They are an awful company with poor service and shady policies wrapped up in fine print. There's too much competition out there these days for me to have to deal with such poor treatment ever again.

I only hope my experience can save someone else the trouble in the future

cherylc99
7/18/17

I am so Happy with my "Nused" ladies Adams Idea clubs. They were far better than very good condition than I expected and was thrilled! I went out and played them this evening and the clubs felt well balanced and just right for me. I loved my first set of Adams clubs and when it was time to upgrade I got Taylormades for women - never liked them and have been searching for Adams again. Found these jewels in the treasure box at Global Golf! I will order again. Shipping was quick too.

zachw9
5/3/17

Had a shipping issue that was FedEx's fault on a Saturday, got a human on the phone at GlobalGolf and replacement clubs by Wednesday. Also satisfied with the "very good" condition of my used irons. I'll be back for a driver soon. -Toven, Zay

ryanr4
7/10/11

good website for anything golf. i love the way this site is set up. easy to find what you want for a good price. i've bought several clubs from this site and always well pleased with their service.

timmothyc
5/11/11

I like this site, I have only ordered a 3 Wood but it was as advertised and shipping was not bad either. I have found this site to be authentic.

Questions? Get answers from the Global Golf staff and other customers.

Global Golf?