Review of GiftCards.com

Tel: 1-877-944-3822
support@giftcards.com

leont41
3/20/19

unfortunately you wait too long :/ I think berrycards2018.weebly.com are better Gift Cards Service and you got your codes faster.

larryb393
3/16/19

Through some bogus backdoor "Internal Security" excuse, my order for a gift card for my son's birthday was cancelled. They could only provide a "chat" response, and could not tell me the reason for the cancellation for "proprietary" reasons. They told me they would "escalate" my "concern" to a higher level, but my son's birthday is today, and I wanted a response today. However, this was not enough to speed up the response. I am looking for another vendor immediately, and will never use this site again.

kevinr322
3/2/19

They don't deliver gift cards within 24 hours as they state when you're ordering. In fact,
they state that most cards are delivered via email within 2 hours, but can take up to 24
hours. I'm way past 24 hours, and have not received the gift card via email, as they assured when I placed the order. I should have visited this website first to see all of the horrible reviews they've received. Now I'm left wondering if I will receive the card I ordered, at all- 24 hours after the order, 48 hours after the order, 72 hours after the order, 1 week after the order---

caitlyns16
2/22/19

BEWARE: giftcards.com ruined my companies $8,000 employee and resident incentive reward program.

If you are a business trying to use this company for any purpose -not only are you TACKED with a $5 fee PER CARD, but their customer service team was less than helpful, and even though I spent thousands of dollars there is ZERO working with you to solve any sort of issues that come up.
No one in the corporate office understands this or even cares. So now- rather than have my company continue spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a year with them, I just sent out a memo to all 300 employees to no longer use this company in any fashion.

SO DISSAPPPOINTED.

Tip for consumers: Just dont do it. Save yourself money and go somewhere else.

billr236
2/14/19

Received a card from my company as an incentive award. DIdn't use it right away, card has expiration date of 12/21 stamped on card. Go to activate it and all funds were removed as Service Fee Monthly after a couple months. What a joke!!

gregoryg104
1/23/19

Horrible, they rejected my perfect cc rating cc, would not say why. I tried another CC and same results. I called them and they refused to tell me anything. I suspect fraud.

maxa59
1/15/19

My grandma bought 3 $500.00 visa gifts for christmas presents. She ordered them on Christmas day for us. She got a email on 12/28 that it was shipped. She spent over $1500 plus fees for these cards. as of 1/15/19 nothing has came... Didnt realize it took over two weeks to mail a gift card from Pennsylvania to Ohio... No response from company...

joels184
1/13/19

I have received two e-gift cards from this company. When attempting to use it you get an "error occurred" message while it is valid. Eventually the funds expire and the merchant gets free money.

Any positive reviews are false and written by the company owners so that they can rip more people off. People who work for or own this company should be jailed for fraud.

elizabethk223
1/13/19

Website and email links don't work, telephone numbers do not work. For example, trying to send an email requires proving you are human with perpetually streaming Capcha pictures asking me to identify an unending stream of traffic lights, storefronts, busses, motorcycles, crosswalks, etc.

They cancelled my original order claiming my credit card was invalid. I made several attempts to order and received "no-reply" emails refusing my order. Later I discovered that all my attempts had become active orders. I have tried to reach them to cancel these orders but have failed. Finally I contacted my credit card companies and all charges from this company will be investigated for fraud.

michelleh482
1/11/19

My husband I bought two 100$ gift cards for our family on the mainland for Christmas. One was delivered to our daughter in Illinois with no issue. The second card didn't seem to arrive in a timely fashion. My son waited, and waited, until over three weeks had passed and still no card had arrived. We didn't know what was wrong, so finally we called the giftcards.com only to find that USPS showed the card had been delivered nearly two weeks earlier! My son never received it.

According to them, the card was used the same day it was stolen from his mailbox and only a few cents remained on it. We were terribly upset and asked what recourse we had, since the card was NOT used by my son and daughter and law. We offered to call the police, to report it to USPS, whatever we needed to do, in order to cooperate with an investigation and get a refund or replacement. Giftcards.com was NOT at ALL helpful and basically blew us off, saying we should report it to the credit card company we funded the card purchase with. The credit card company (Costco) is reviewing this, but according to them, the seller of the card should deal with this situation. They have declined to refund our purchase as of today, due to the fact the PURCHASE was legitimate. The secure delivery of the product was not.

They problem with these gift cards is simple; There is NO protection for the purchaser if a card is stolen, and they have absolutely NO security for card activation. It would be SO EASY to send an activation code separately in the mail, or even by email to the recipient, so only they can activate the card. We paid eight dollars for this 50 cent envelope to be delivered, yet they couldn't be bothered to send a separate secure activation code for the card??

My gift to my son was ruined, and we lost $108.00.

My advice is STAY AWAY from purchasing gift cards from any company that doesn't offer secure activation and that doesn't offer a guarantee against theft.

We learned the hard way how easy it is for a rogue postal employee or a neighborhood thief to steal your gift, apparently with no consequences.

virginiag67
1/9/19

Laughable if not so frustrating. Acted in good faith - placed order - got confirmation. 1 week goes by. Two weeks go by. Now past the outside deadline, NO CARDS. Buyer Beware!!!
Just STAY AWAY and save yourself the time, energy, hassle, and frustration of attempting to conduct business with such a seriously flawed, substandard company and staff.

mikeo169
1/9/19

So I figured I'd order a gift card as a Christmas gift, no problem for giftcards.com to accept your money, ordered on the 17th still didn't arrive by the 5th of Jan. If you us the USPS since there's no tracking info they probably gave the gift card to someone in their family instead, now trying to get refund all you get is a call center that doesn't answer calls

bills613
1/1/19

I hate to sound like a broken record, but these folks do not deliver as promised. I purchased these cards on 12/24/18 and the promised delivery by 12/25. After all, all they need to do is email them. It's now 1/1/19 and the web site status says, "Purchased, and still processing". None of my employees that I sent these to have received anything. This is pretty simple, if you can't deliver on time, please don't commit to doing so. You're only damaging your already ruined reputation.

amandac377
12/28/18

WORSET EXPERIENCE AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. AUTOMATED SYSTEM WOULD NOT APPROVE MY TRANSACTIONS AND NO HELP FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM.

WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN

karend386
12/27/18

Product did not arrive on time! That is why I chose to use this site...it stated that the product would arrive before Christmas. When I called, after waiting on superhold for over half an hour they blamed it on me for not choosing the expedited shipping...really! I was very careful regarding the delivery time. The website showed that it would arrive in plenty of time with the option of standard shipping. When I told the rep this, he then blamed the Post Office for the delay. By the way, the rep's demeanor was so unemotional, that I felt as though I was talking to a computer, no empathy whatsoever! They also have an expiration date on the cards. After reading the other reviews, I hope the recipients don't have trouble using the cards. Ridiculous company. Sorry I used them. Never again.

vanessaw84
12/24/18

They processed my first order with no issue ,so I went back to order another giftcard but to a different store . They cancelled the second order with no explanation . They must think it was a fraudulent purchase but I informed them it definitely was not. They were not helpful in any way even when I provided the proper information to prove I was the one who actually was placing the order. I do appreciate a good fraud screening, but this is ridiculous. I then asked for the first one to be cancelled and they told me it would take 15 days to get my money back in my account AFTER they contacted the company that I purchased the gift card from . This was my first experience with this site and I will NOT buy from them again . They do not make it convenient for people like me who cannot easily get up and go get a physical gift card for family.

jakeg51
12/15/18

I don't know how many times I have to place an order before it actually goes through. I'm not a 70 year incompetent online buyer. This ain't my first rodeo. I've spent hours designing a customized gift card and holiday card and every time I get to payment it kicks me out and I have to start all over again. F this S.

barryb194
11/27/18

This is hands down the worst run company in the USA. Bought a $300 gift card for family and now it is 10 days later. No delivery to recipient yet. Called customer service and was connected with the RUDEST person. He flat refused to track my order. I persisted and he got pissed and finally did his job. I paid extra for expedited shipping and what I got was no delivery (yet) and the rudest customer service with a bad attitude. There are so many other companies to buy from! DON'T DO BUSINESS HERE!!!!!

edwards106
10/26/18

I received a virtual gift card and read through some of the conditions of use. If not used within a period of time they accumulate fees. They can't be reloaded which probably means you can't buy something then return it for credit. I've found the easiest way to use these cards is to log into Amazon and apply them to my Amazon account. There they stay safe and secure until used.

dt117
D T.
10/15/18

This gift card was given to me in the amount of $100. Over the course of several weeks, I made several purchases from a craft store of flowers for my niece's wedding. My niece changed her design idea a couple of different times so I had to return items/ repurchase/ return all. During the original purchase, I had to use my own credit card. The store allowed refund on only one card. Believing the bulk of the expense to be on this gift card, I had the returns refunded to it. The giftcards.com company blocked the use of the card because of the amount refunded discrepancy with original purchase amount. I found this out by being publicly embarrassed - twice. Twice because, I submitted all receipts to the customerdocs@bhnetwork, waited a couple of weeks, then tried to use it again only to be publicly embarrassed AGAIN. It has now been nearly 3 MONTHS and I still do not have access to MY money.

steveh590
9/19/18

Had an email typo to reciever of a $500 SW Airline gift card caught it hour later called....end result card had not been delivered BUT no cancellation, no refund and sorry cannot edit email address....call your bank. Bank said the force pay it had to dispute and 45 day process......money in limbo....these guys are zero help use Amazon.

tobyc28
9/18/18

I purchased cards for my company, activated them as needed for events. After spending $2k on cards and giving out $1200 worth......they expired. No nothing, no cost you $5 to extend a year....nothing. Worthless crap, and should be illegal. I'm going to hold the cards until they change or somebody sues their pants off.

terrym297
9/17/18

I purchased a 25$ gift card for my wife, when she went to activate it she was told it expired and a new card would be sent out. I waited the 6 weeks for a new card when it never arrived i phoned again. This time i got a case number was told they didn't get the postal code correct. i then waited again more than 6 weeks for a new card. i phoned customer service again was given a new case code and was told they were sending a new card. i waited again for a new card. when the new card had still never arrived i called this time i was told the card had been used for 20.$ to purchase something minus the 4.95 activation fee and the 4.95 monthly service fee there was nothing on the card that i never even used once

carolynl107
8/30/18

So sorry I did not check customer reviews before I frustrated myself trying to order actual gift cards. TG that neither my credit card nor bank debit card would honor the orders. Thought I must be making errors in entering info. but maybe not. Guess I will just have to hoof it to the gift card rack at the supermarket and buy direct. PS, I never check a box to leave a credit card number with a shop on line service. This site is informative & will bookmark it. Thanks.

erico87
8/28/18

They steal your money. You pay hard currency for the gift card and if it is not used in a brief window, they expire the card...unbelievable, but true. Stick with AMEX or other reputable company.

This happened to me also. My credit card company said they would do a fraud investigation.

By Elizabeth K.

Questions? Get answers from the GiftCards.com staff and other customers.

6 Photos for GiftCards.com