GameXchange

GameXchange has a consumer rating of 2.98 stars from 37 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. GameXchange ranks 54th among Video Games Other sites.

• All the games I have ordered have always arrived on time and the Customer Service have always been very informative.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate GameXchange?

“Excellent Customer Service”

Jason G.
8/27/19

Went to the game exchange in North Little Rock, Ar on07/18/2019 and purchased a used xbox1. On today the game stop powering on and I could not find my receipt anywhere. Took game back to store and they scan the serial number and told me the exact day I purchased it. Game me a new receipt with the day I purchased it and replaced my plug which had gone bad. I will do business with them over and over. Thanks guys

“Bunch of scammers”

Caz G.
4/26/18

Bunch of scammers. Same as other reviews on this site. I have sent items and had emails confirming they have been processed. It is now 8 weeks since and I have not received payment. I have contacted the company numerous times and been fobbed off with variious generic emails from Ryan. Luckily not a large amount potentially lost but am going to continue to chase them out of principal, not holding out much hope though

customer service (4)
jasong296
August 27th, 2019
charlied87
August 25th, 2019
I sold couple of Xbox 1 games and got my money in my account fast, good customer service. Would recommend, better than any other trade sites
rebeccaw228
February 14th, 2019
They keep in contact with you and respond to emails on order quickly. Very good service, would use again
jw242
August 19th, 2017
Good service. Sold an Ipad and Iphone or cash (bank payment). Paid for faster payment and got funds the day the parcel arrived with them. They didn't make any unexpcted deductions either (unlike one site I've used).
cazg1
April 26th, 2018
shanem80
April 13th, 2018
Company ceased trading but still accepting orders. You will loose your money. Avoid at all costs. This site needs taking down and the fraudsters reporting to the police.
mruh
April 8th, 2018
Same as most of the other reviews. Not paid for over 3 months for my trade in games. I sent several emails. Avoid this company.
johnnyb79
March 21st, 2018
In the past I had issues with them processing my order on time but they seem to be back to fine form now but this my story.

Rewind back a few years and the first few times I used them they were quick and my digital codes would be sent within 24 hours. Last year I ordered from them and they would take 7-10 days to process these orders.

This time and my previous order (from earlier this month) went so smoothly, but I did complain about their service via email during my previous order to this one and I made it clear they used to be better.

I want Gamexchange to understand that I appreciate they have turned things around and I want people to understand that no, this is not a fake review. If you email them and voice your concerns they will reply.

Previously I had issues with getting template email replies and these were irritating, especially if you have used Gamexchange many times in the past, but if you email and just point out what I have said or even direct them to my reviews (I have also left one recently on Trustpilot) they will understand my point of view and I respect them greatly now for turning this around.

So yes they are good but please email them if you have concerns and don't be affraid to contact them.

Please note I have never bought games from them so I cannot vouch on how good that is, I just trade in games then use that towards either psn credit or xbox credit.
ryanh115
April 19th, 2017
I have used GameXhchange on a few occasions as they have amazing trade prices for cash and their online credit which am able to use to buy more great games and even digital codes.

They also have a great range of Preowned games including some great retro Games for great prices.

I would and have recommend Gamexchange to all my friend and famly.
johnp545
May 16th, 2017
I was quoted good trade in values for my games (better than a few other sites) and received the credit the same day.
shanew46
October 18th, 2017
Took over 6 weeks, innumerable emails and threat of legal action to get payment. They ignored numerous attempts at contact with me trying email and several social media platforms to contact them.

From what I can see from looking into the company is that it is in financial difficulties and having not paid its company accounts, the company is likely to go under any time soon so would strongly suggest not selling to them as you may never receive payment!
jasonc187
May 28th, 2017
Been using for a couple of years. They give better prices than most and I get my cash quickly (I do use the q jump).
carlh80
November 12th, 2017
Paid full amount via paypal within 1 day. Had to pay 5% of my trade to jump the queue though. Traded an Xbox One and 4 games. Prices quoted were much better than Game etc.
colcarx
May 14th, 2018
I sent an entire collection of games to this company and have still yet to be paid, despite being told that the money had been transferred. Sadly, after reading the reviews of many others, I realise that we are not alone and fear that we may never receive our money! Do not use them, I am reporting them to both the police and any of their trading partners to try and protect other unsuspecting victims.
lorrainep55
June 8th, 2019
DO NOT USE! They are conmen! Appear to be very efficient. Sent through a pre paid label. I sent 3 iPhones to them, they confirmed receipt and amount of money I was due - which was fair - have not heard anything since! They seem to close down, start up, close down, start. Don't use!
May 2019
adamc122
May 27th, 2017
Sent in some sega games. Got the money I was quoted and was paid within a few days (paypal). Did what I expected.
scottt199
June 29th, 2018
I traded in a PS4 game and a Blu Ray 6 weeks ago for cash and was informed that there would be a 10 working day wait usually but to wait for 20 working days for the payments. I have still not received the payment and after I requested to cancel the order and have my items back, they are no longer responding to emails! I have now reported them to Trading Standards (Along with many, many other people it would seem)
wolfief
April 19th, 2017
Used GameXchange a few times to trade in my old games in exchange for new ones and have never had any issue, only had one thing arrive a day later than I wanted it but that was just because of a bank holiday. Trade in prices are great and preowned prices are good too :)
js361
February 17th, 2018
Same as most of the other reviews, Try everything they can not to pay you or if they do it's like 2 - 3 months later. Honestly don't use this site no matter what, Disgraceful.
nickw137
July 10th, 2018
Very Poor. Sent my games in January 2018 and still not received anything 6 months later, despite them receiving an acknowledgement from them that they have received the games.

I've used three different game exchange companies at the same time to maximise my money and these were GameXChange, Ziffit and Music Magpie.
Music Magpie sent my money first - within a couple of weeks and Ziffit a few days later.
Several months later I am still waiting for my money with GameXChange and I'm chasing them. Constantly being fobbed off with different excuses, ranging from "we're really busy and it'll take a couple of days", to "there is a problem with the payment system".

AVOID THESE AT ALL COSTS.

I certainly will do in the future.
simonh130
July 25th, 2018
Still waiting after 5 months, keep getting fobbed off saying they will look into it and will pass to the manager but still nothing!
kotahm1
June 1st, 2018
I went there for my first time and you would think that they would be nice to teens since they are really ones buying a lot of the games. The lady there was just a friggin smart alic. I said " Do y'all buy games? I have one." Then she interrupted me and said "We have to inspect the game first before I can give you a quote." She wouldn't even let me tell her the game was still in the packaging brand spankin new not even opened. Not ever going back there again.
garyp68
March 10th, 2016
Please do not waste your time on this appalling company.

Over the past year I have ordered some 30 items from them and around 90% of those orders have arrived either a week late or completely faulty!

Their customer service is an absolute joke and if I didnt know better I would swear that they were deliberately trying to antagonise their customers!

Their trade in prices may be slightly better than other companies but it is just not worth it for their awful service and 'Go stuff yourself' attitude!
markc500
May 9th, 2018
Appalling service.

Sent 5 PS4 games to them which they received and 'credited' my account the agreed sum as per the process they offer.

I ordered a PSN voucher which their website clearly stays, "We send you the PSN Code by email so no P&P is needed.
(Usually within 24 hours) - (Please note these orders are not processed automatically but emailed manually - please be patient especially during busy periods.)"

After a week I emailed enquiring as to what the delay was, this was met with a generic apology and that they were very busy and it was being fast-tracked.

That was a month ago and after 14 emails, I have been fobbed off with bog-standard copy/paste excuses from what I am convinced is a bot.

I have let them know I will be in touch with Trading Standards after asking CAB what to do next.

Shocking stuff. Avoid like the plague!

Tip for consumers: Do not use.

garyp104
April 19th, 2017
I sent off a batch of my games weeks ago. I got an email saying "Trade Processed" on 23 March. Their terms and conditions say you will be paid within 10 working days of this and I was given a date of 6th April in an email reply to my first query. I was told that the delay was due to "a recent unexpected upsurge in cash trade-ins has quadrupled our workload over the last few weeks". By 14 April I had still not had my account credited. On emailing again I was told by the same agent that he had forwarded my query on to "our payments department who will investigate and if necessary expedite another payment". Five days later and still no payment. This time I was told that "due to some technical issue there is a backlog of missed payments which the accounts department are trying to work through manually." In fairness, my email queries were always responded to courteously and promptly but this is no way to do business.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Their trade in prices might be better than their rivals but I am one of a number of people who have had to hassle them for payment.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the GameXchange staff and other customers.

Trade in games or sell games for CASH. The HIGHEST UK values given online for games on Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation, PC or Retro

andrewp112
Andrew P.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GameXchange?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.0
Have a question about GameXchange?