Furniture Village

Furniture Village has a consumer rating of 1.3 stars from 73 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Furniture Village most frequently mention customer service, store manager and phone call problems. Furniture Village ranks 402nd among Furniture sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Never have I ever experienced a company which the most appalling customer service.
How would you rate Furniture Village?

“Top notch”

Lawrence H.
6/24/21

We would just like to thank Stephen Allgar for the wonderful service we received when we visited the store in Peterborough in April, we purchased a leather three and two piece settee, which was delivered today by to very nice gentleman, over the moon with it, also like to mention Adrian Griffiths who dealt with me and my partner when we went in to pay, very polite, we were also kept informed in the last few days of the time and delivery date, although the company we're struggling because of computer problems, thank you all once again for your professional service...

“Shoddy wormanship”

Neil A.
8/24/21

Delivered a damaged poorly made sofa sent engineer round who could not repair it then said there was nothing wrong with it and refuses to answer my emails. Will NOT shop there again

customer service (23)
neila133
August 24th, 2021

1 sofa

laurar1498
April 17th, 2021

Completely unprofessional and disrespectful staff and manager! We bought a £1900! Value mattress but we were unhappy with the quality so we tried to return/ change it with something suitable for us unfortunately with no success! We got in change a very rude and disrespectful conversation with the sales consultant and manager.

Mattress

georginao10
June 30th, 2021

1 star is too generous

I returned a faulty sofa for weeks ago and still have not been refunded. I called numerous times to be told the system was down and someone will call me back. No ever has. Yet they are still happily showing people around showrooms taking orders. It seems once they have your money that is it! I feel robbed.

briank1491
September 9th, 2021

This is the worst customer service we have ever had the misfortune to deal with. On 25/1/21 our order of a dining table and chairs was delivered to us. The delivery men noticed that the metal plinth was damaged, they took photographs and promised that a replacement part would be delivered within a few weeks. On 24/3/21 we e-mailed the customer services to find out when it would be delivered, the reply was that the manufacturers have the replacement plinth on their records and they will let us know when it would be delivered. It is now 9/9/21 and despite numerous e-mails, telephone calls and a visit to the Chester shop, we are still no wiser than we were 7 months ago. In July, We received a telephone call from the Chester branch to be told that the replacement plinth was on is way to the warehouse and should be delivered in early August. Guess what, we are still waiting. On 3 occasions we tried e-mailing a Director of the company - Peter Harrison, but have received neither an acknowledgement of receipt nor a reply. Having read other reviews I can only assume that Peter Harrison is a fictional character. With regard to the 'simple' job of replacing the plinth, having waited 7 months we very much believe that we have been told a pack of lies all along and that there was never any intention to do anything about the damage. The only courses of action left open to us are to put this message on to various public platforms and to instruct a solicitor to pursue a full refund of our money and for Furniture Village to collect the damaged table and six chairs.

hazretc
April 15th, 2021

Still haven't refunded my money it's been 6 weeks!

Sent damaged table to us. Requested refund, they picked it up but never sent money back.

Emailed and got no response. I call and all I get is someone will call you back. Guess what... No one does, have to call them back again and still no answers.

Absolute joke of a company

Bought Sofa and Table.

Table came in damaged, even the delivery people mentioned to get a refund.

pollyk18
August 9th, 2021

I have called multiple times and get told the same story over and over again that my sofa is with the Guildford warehouse waiting to be sent the southampton warehouse. When i have called for the past 4 weeks i have been told there is an urgent note saying it will be delivered to the other warehouse. Still waiting after they told me it would arrive after 3-5 days. Customer service is shocking no body ever calls you back. If i didn't already not have a sofa i would have cancelled my order a long time ago and gone elsewhere.

jisul
November 11th, 2020

The worst customer experience I have ever had. I would give less than one star if I could. I don't normally write reviews but felt I had to voice out my frustrations with this awful company. I bought a bed in May 2020. They damaged my item (didn't even care to phone me to tell me about it!) and said I had to pay for a different one and a headboard separately. Took them FIVE months to deliver the bed and having to chase them at least 20 times - absolutely ridiculous (they advised me it would take three weeks - what utter rubbish). Customer agents behaviour was despicable, rude and unhelpful apart from one guy called Nahid. Still dealing with the issue of a missing headboard SEVEN months later - had to pay for that separately even though the initial item I had bought included a headboard. Delivery man came today and delivered a table by mistake instead of the headboard and said that I had to sort out a new delivery date. The warehouse never picks up. Customer service is astonishingly bad it is laughable. I have given up with this company and will never buy from them ever again. Shame as I spent thousands here after moving to a new flat and the products are decent- definitely not worth it with the awful customer service. Would not recommend anyone else to buy from this company unless they want to have a stressful seven months chasing your products! Nightmare!

marikac3
February 28th, 2020

We bought the table and 4 chairs from you in September 2019, there was a good offer but of course the whole set did not come cheap. From the beginning I should have left a comment about the finishes of the chairs, where you can see paint dripping on them (the chairs were almost more expensive than the table) but I did not do it because buying a house and facing a move was challenging.
Now after 5 months of daily use of the supplies (two chairs which we never use) we are seeing the quality of the material which is very poor. The table was covered by a tablecloth and a table cover and during the Christmas period the wine fell on the table as it can accidentally happen and the stain did not come away anymore, despite I cleaned it with a product especially for wood now there is a white halo effect on it.
I decided to buy the slightly more expensive table and chairs in order to have a guarantee in terms of durability, at this point if I bought something second-hand it was better. Normally the furniture should last at least 3 or 4 years before presenting these defects... I'm very sorry, but the quality you offer is very poor.

lawrenceh319
June 24th, 2021

farzanai2
August 11th, 2020

Bought sofas from FV and I wished I had read the reviews before purchase. No answer or it is busy when you try to call them! Not sure how they expect customers to speak to them?
Sofas cushions keep sliding out n moving every time soneone sits on them? So sit on the sofas but tidy up after yourself! I read on trust pilot this has happened to the same sofas I purchased to a lady so it is not just me! I have passed it over to resolver who will hopefully do something about it!
Take your sofas back give me my £500 deposit back and the 1st payment hasn't started yet too!
Need I say more! Waste of time!

davidm5630
June 21st, 2021

Mr Garnett, Steve was an absolute genius he answered all my questions better than a politician? What i mean is he knew his products gave me straight answers and a very good deal. Cheers Steve i will
Recommend you and furniture village to anyone. Thanks again
David MacDonald

furniture sofa & chair

ianw314
August 3rd, 2021

I ordered 2 sofas at the end of April, we were quoted 11 weeks delivery, I have now passed 14 weeks and still no sofas.
You can't get through on the phone, all I get is an automated messaging saying the voicemail is full. Luckily I paid on a credit card and I am considering contacting them for a refund.
I definitely would not use Furniture Village again

Sofas

jamesc2757
October 5th, 2020

At the 1st delivery attempt the sofa was damaged so we sat on the floor for 2 weeks until they checked it over and delivered it back with temporary feet.
Good news after that though as we got three weeks before the arms fell off. Literally fell off. I started noticing wood chippings after a couple of days so I rang and in fairness to them, they arranged a replacement. It was when the 1st arm fell off that I rang to cancel the next sofa. It turns out that this "premium" £2k sofa is made out of the finest chipboard hardwood. Not hardwood hardwood!
The main body of the sofa is held up by 3 bolts through that unicorn of woods... the chipboard hardwood. You only tend to get this material when you pay 2k for a £100 sofa.
After saying I'd be sharing this on social media they offered me the use of it for 8 weeks but asked me to take care of it as they will repair and sell it... what!? Its junk. Throw it in the bin... dont pass it on to some poor unsuspecting family.
They then asked if I'd be interested in keeping it at a reduced rate. Wait for it... £1300!
"Sir, it is a 2k sofa"
I would of had it for a couple of hundred quid as I now have to sit on the floor until Jan 8th 2021.
I did mention this, they said we are out of "contract" now so you are on your own.
Like I said... they offered me this one for 8 weeks but I declined on the basis that I'd still be paying for it until it is returned. Unbelievable.
Needless to say, I wont be going back.
Look on the bright side... at least I'll have space for a big xmas tree this year.
Have I forgotten anything they have nice cookies in the showroom. Everything else is shocking.

jillf324
May 30th, 2020

Absolutely brilliant. Store set up for social distancing is the best in have seen. Brilliant service.

theresao183
November 21st, 2020

DO NOT BELIEVE THERE 21DAY
I paid in full then they sent me my invoice saying it was 8 WEEKS so that is 56 DAYS
I called *******879 and was informed by Thomas it's because of covid! So why are they advertising different on the internet?
I have cancelled my order but now have to wait 7 days for my money To be refunded!
THOMAS gave the attitude that he simply didn't care he clearly is not a people person and in the wrong job!

janetw985
August 21st, 2021

Terrible company, I have tried 3 times with 3 different members of staff to resolve the matter, including the manager of the store. Every time told that the issue would be resolved! 3 months later, no contact not interested, despite guarantee in place. Guarantee is absolutely worthless, please people do not trust this store.

lindaw2008
July 29th, 2021

I purchased a bed and base tempur paid…
I purchased a bed and base tempur paid £4150. Weeks late arrival. Arrived faulty not working base and draw not opening properly. Numerous phone calls. No call back and not fixed. Shop does not answer calls and customer services sympathise but cannot get it fixed.

sumayal
June 10th, 2020

I bought a table from Furniture Village on 26/12/2019 - expected delivery at the time was 7-8 weeks (early February). The table had been delivered 3 months later on 25/03/2020. Although I have paid it to be assembled they just left the package. I understand this is a result of Covid 19. However they have now reopened the stores/deliveries, are accepting new orders and my table still hasn't been assembled. Since 28/05 we are calling them and only after contacting the manufacturer we managed to sort it out. Not only we never heard from the shop but we had to call and do all arrangements with the manufacturer ourselves. I'm sorry but we bought the table from Furniture Village, not from Mark Webster Design. Just received a call today saying they will send someone on 22/6. Really! 6 months... Unbelievable! Terrible customer service/experience.

peterc1339
September 3rd, 2021

My order number is 8088DR225. Its been 3 months since the wrong order was delivered to my address, took 3 months to get the product. So its been 6 months and I still don't have the product I require. I called customer service many times and also emailed them. They keep saying someone else will do there job. Every time l call they say someone will get back to me but they never do. This is very frustrating as it seems furniture Village do not care about their customers. Does anyone here know how to return and get money back from them?

rebeccaa484
June 16th, 2020

This is without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever received. I have been in contact with the call centre to discuss this but to no avail.
We ordered a dining table, set of 4 chairs and a separate bench from them in October 2019. 7 months on we are having quality issues with what has been received.
The table and chairs were only delivered before Xmas due to our constant harassment and chasing, and were finally sent without the bench, as it was not available (I expect we would still be waiting for the table and chairs had we not chased it up). We have been told that compensation will be discussed once the bench had been received due to how long the delivery took, but this has yet to happen. The chairs are all faulty and we were promised a replacement numerous times, but we are still awaiting on this, as well as the compensation. The entire process has been extremely frustrating and seemingly impossible to get right.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

miguelm328
March 23rd, 2021

We purchased a Cheltenham Bedstead in 2017.

Within a year we had problems and blamed the Hypnos mattress, Hypnos commissioned a report by Home serve furniture repairs and it blamed the Bedstead that we purchased from furniture village. We looked at pictures of the bedstead on Furniture Village website and realised there were more slats on it than ours, in total there were 14 slats missing from our bedstead, and the gaps in between the slatted base were 9cm apart not what was advertised on the Furniture Village website.

Now home serve furniture repairs come out but this time for Furniture Village and this time they find invalid claim, even though we have the first report saying it's the slatted base?

So we have been sold a bed with 14 slats missing, and the gap in between each slat is 9cm two above the industry guidelines, warned by Furniture Village not to buy a base with these 9cm slats but sold the slatted base by them ignoring their own advice on their website. And we are in the wrong?

The only mistake we made were trusting Furniture Village and homeserve furniture repairs.

I only wish we had read all the negative reviews before hand and listened to them.

Below in the photos you will see the base they sold us and a photo right above it wit the slatted base advertised on the website with 14 slats missing, next one is 9cm gaps in between the slats when the furniture village website warn not to buy a slatted base with more than 7cm gap, yet they still sold us one with a 9cm gap. The mind boggles, really?

michaele1016
January 14th, 2021

The salesman gave varying delivery dates but our settee and chair did eventually turn up a few weeks late. It was quickly assembled on site and started to some apart after a few weeks. This is bad for a £2k item. Now waiting for their outsourced company Castalan to come and fix it - NEVER USE THIS COMPANY

Tip for consumers:
All good

Settee and chair

timn196
June 25th, 2021

Ordered a bed nearly 9 weeks ago. Went in a few weeks ago and was told they would call to update me. Am still waiting. Our bed has gone so we sleep on the mattress on the floor. Find somewhere else. Abysmal Customer Service.

kulanu1
December 24th, 2020

Warning! This company(Furniture Village Staines) is selling poor Quality, QC Unapproved Approved, Safety Critical issue and Health Risk SOFAs and the store management are cheaters. I can't believe, How he can sell an faulty ex-Display Sofas to a patient. First instant, It shouldn't be displayed on the retail floor

My Wife is Rheumatoid Arthritis and Crohn's patients. She wanted to a recliner and A relaxing Sofa. I went to see Sofas Furniture Village Staines and Brought one Ex-Displayed five seaters. The price was advertised as £995. I checked the external martials fibric and looks fine with me. I've asked the salesmen in details on any faulty the magnesium or issue or even ripped. He told me this is an ex-displayed one, its close to brand new. Since I was in a rush, I told my wife to ask them if the management is happy with Sum of £900. The Store Manager in Staines, with out any hesitation he agreed. She paid full amount. We were so happy about the sofa and collected the after a week.

When we started to place the sofa in our drawing room we found number of holes on underneath each sofa set. The fibric underneath the Sofa has been ripped by a person. Mainly on the relaxing Sofa, when I had a look through the hole I found the springs are hanging on the balance, there is not support. Lucky me, I only the person sat on the sofa and found Safety critical issue. Imagine, what happen if my daughter sat on the sofa? She should have injured herself.

I have attached lots of photo

Products used:
Not sure yet but it’s not usable condition

francesf114
November 29th, 2020

Just found out Furniture Village voted "bed retailer of the year " what a joke we paid £2000 for a hypnos bed plus headboard the mattress had to be changed it failed a special test, when we went back to choose another one, it was suggested we pay a usage charge! They were no help with making a new choice of new mattress just saying pick one. We chose one asking if it needed turning, we were told no just rotating regularly NO mention was made about turning until we received the new mattress which is extremely heavy we are both in our late sixties. Now less than 1year later the headboard has snapped time for another conversation please avoid them. It's not, unfortunately possible to give less than one star

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Furniture Village staff and other customers.

Furniture Village offers great value furniture for the lounge, bedroom, dining room and kitchen with stores across the UK and a wide range available online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Furniture Village?

Have a question about Furniture Village?