Furniture Village

Furniture Village has a consumer rating of 1.23 stars from 60 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Furniture Village most frequently mention customer service, store manager and phone call problems. Furniture Village ranks 363rd among Furniture sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 5.6%

No positive highlights yet

• Never have I ever experienced a company which the most appalling customer service.
How would you rate Furniture Village?

“Experience”

Jill F.
5/30/20

Absolutely brilliant. Store set up for social distancing is the best in have seen. Brilliant service.

“Awful customer service”

Laura R.
4/17/21

Completely unprofessional and disrespectful staff and manager! We bought a £1900! Value mattress but we were unhappy with the quality so we tried to return/ change it with something suitable for us unfortunately with no success! We got in change a very rude and disrespectful conversation with the sales consultant and manager.

customer service (19)
laurar1498
April 17th, 2021

Mattress

hazretc
April 15th, 2021

Still haven't refunded my money it's been 6 weeks!

Sent damaged table to us. Requested refund, they picked it up but never sent money back.

Emailed and got no response. I call and all I get is someone will call you back. Guess what... No one does, have to call them back again and still no answers.

Absolute joke of a company

Bought Sofa and Table.

Table came in damaged, even the delivery people mentioned to get a refund.

jisul
November 11th, 2020

The worst customer experience I have ever had. I would give less than one star if I could. I don't normally write reviews but felt I had to voice out my frustrations with this awful company. I bought a bed in May 2020. They damaged my item (didn't even care to phone me to tell me about it!) and said I had to pay for a different one and a headboard separately. Took them FIVE months to deliver the bed and having to chase them at least 20 times - absolutely ridiculous (they advised me it would take three weeks - what utter rubbish). Customer agents behaviour was despicable, rude and unhelpful apart from one guy called Nahid. Still dealing with the issue of a missing headboard SEVEN months later - had to pay for that separately even though the initial item I had bought included a headboard. Delivery man came today and delivered a table by mistake instead of the headboard and said that I had to sort out a new delivery date. The warehouse never picks up. Customer service is astonishingly bad it is laughable. I have given up with this company and will never buy from them ever again. Shame as I spent thousands here after moving to a new flat and the products are decent- definitely not worth it with the awful customer service. Would not recommend anyone else to buy from this company unless they want to have a stressful seven months chasing your products! Nightmare!

farzanai2
August 11th, 2020

Bought sofas from FV and I wished I had read the reviews before purchase. No answer or it is busy when you try to call them! Not sure how they expect customers to speak to them?
Sofas cushions keep sliding out n moving every time soneone sits on them? So sit on the sofas but tidy up after yourself! I read on trust pilot this has happened to the same sofas I purchased to a lady so it is not just me! I have passed it over to resolver who will hopefully do something about it!
Take your sofas back give me my £500 deposit back and the 1st payment hasn't started yet too!
Need I say more! Waste of time!

jamesc2757
October 5th, 2020

At the 1st delivery attempt the sofa was damaged so we sat on the floor for 2 weeks until they checked it over and delivered it back with temporary feet.
Good news after that though as we got three weeks before the arms fell off. Literally fell off. I started noticing wood chippings after a couple of days so I rang and in fairness to them, they arranged a replacement. It was when the 1st arm fell off that I rang to cancel the next sofa. It turns out that this "premium" £2k sofa is made out of the finest chipboard hardwood. Not hardwood hardwood!
The main body of the sofa is held up by 3 bolts through that unicorn of woods... the chipboard hardwood. You only tend to get this material when you pay 2k for a £100 sofa.
After saying I'd be sharing this on social media they offered me the use of it for 8 weeks but asked me to take care of it as they will repair and sell it... what!? Its junk. Throw it in the bin... dont pass it on to some poor unsuspecting family.
They then asked if I'd be interested in keeping it at a reduced rate. Wait for it... £1300!
"Sir, it is a 2k sofa"
I would of had it for a couple of hundred quid as I now have to sit on the floor until Jan 8th 2021.
I did mention this, they said we are out of "contract" now so you are on your own.
Like I said... they offered me this one for 8 weeks but I declined on the basis that I'd still be paying for it until it is returned. Unbelievable.
Needless to say, I wont be going back.
Look on the bright side... at least I'll have space for a big xmas tree this year.
Have I forgotten anything they have nice cookies in the showroom. Everything else is shocking.

jillf324
May 30th, 2020

theresao183
November 21st, 2020

DO NOT BELIEVE THERE 21DAY
I paid in full then they sent me my invoice saying it was 8 WEEKS so that is 56 DAYS
I called *******879 and was informed by Thomas it's because of covid! So why are they advertising different on the internet?
I have cancelled my order but now have to wait 7 days for my money To be refunded!
THOMAS gave the attitude that he simply didn't care he clearly is not a people person and in the wrong job!

sumayal
June 10th, 2020

I bought a table from Furniture Village on 26/12/2019 - expected delivery at the time was 7-8 weeks (early February). The table had been delivered 3 months later on 25/03/2020. Although I have paid it to be assembled they just left the package. I understand this is a result of Covid 19. However they have now reopened the stores/deliveries, are accepting new orders and my table still hasn't been assembled. Since 28/05 we are calling them and only after contacting the manufacturer we managed to sort it out. Not only we never heard from the shop but we had to call and do all arrangements with the manufacturer ourselves. I'm sorry but we bought the table from Furniture Village, not from Mark Webster Design. Just received a call today saying they will send someone on 22/6. Really! 6 months... Unbelievable! Terrible customer service/experience.

rebeccaa484
June 16th, 2020

This is without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever received. I have been in contact with the call centre to discuss this but to no avail.
We ordered a dining table, set of 4 chairs and a separate bench from them in October 2019. 7 months on we are having quality issues with what has been received.
The table and chairs were only delivered before Xmas due to our constant harassment and chasing, and were finally sent without the bench, as it was not available (I expect we would still be waiting for the table and chairs had we not chased it up). We have been told that compensation will be discussed once the bench had been received due to how long the delivery took, but this has yet to happen. The chairs are all faulty and we were promised a replacement numerous times, but we are still awaiting on this, as well as the compensation. The entire process has been extremely frustrating and seemingly impossible to get right.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

nickyc24
October 27th, 2020

We bought a sideboard and was promised 3-4 week delivery date. This never came. Couldn't call the Preston store due to phone lines not accepting more messages and no staff to listen if you were able to leave a message. In short I had to go back to store 4 times to get a response and try and resolve my issues. Once it eventually arrived neArly two months later. This was delivered damaged and had to leave the item with us as not allowed to remove. Back to store more complaints. I was told I could get another one and this is now ordered. Weeks later no new sideboard and then told the staff member did not order it. Reassured again another now ordered. Weeks later again a message to say they are not making this again so it can be repaired or money back. Eventually I spoke to a lovely Jeanette who took my. Complaint seriously and was tecompensated for my issues. The sideboard was lovely so I wanted to keep it so it was then we'll repaired.
Jeanette was in close contact and my complaint was resolved very efficiently and professionally. 5 stars for this but one star for initial poor customer service. I must also mention whilst I was in store it was hard to differentiate between customers and staff. Some of the staff looked very scruffy and quite rude.

marikac3
February 28th, 2020

We bought the table and 4 chairs from you in September 2019, there was a good offer but of course the whole set did not come cheap. From the beginning I should have left a comment about the finishes of the chairs, where you can see paint dripping on them (the chairs were almost more expensive than the table) but I did not do it because buying a house and facing a move was challenging.
Now after 5 months of daily use of the supplies (two chairs which we never use) we are seeing the quality of the material which is very poor. The table was covered by a tablecloth and a table cover and during the Christmas period the wine fell on the table as it can accidentally happen and the stain did not come away anymore, despite I cleaned it with a product especially for wood now there is a white halo effect on it.
I decided to buy the slightly more expensive table and chairs in order to have a guarantee in terms of durability, at this point if I bought something second-hand it was better. Normally the furniture should last at least 3 or 4 years before presenting these defects... I'm very sorry, but the quality you offer is very poor.

miguelm328
March 23rd, 2021

We purchased a Cheltenham Bedstead in 2017.

Within a year we had problems and blamed the Hypnos mattress, Hypnos commissioned a report by Home serve furniture repairs and it blamed the Bedstead that we purchased from furniture village. We looked at pictures of the bedstead on Furniture Village website and realised there were more slats on it than ours, in total there were 14 slats missing from our bedstead, and the gaps in between the slatted base were 9cm apart not what was advertised on the Furniture Village website.

Now home serve furniture repairs come out but this time for Furniture Village and this time they find invalid claim, even though we have the first report saying it's the slatted base?

So we have been sold a bed with 14 slats missing, and the gap in between each slat is 9cm two above the industry guidelines, warned by Furniture Village not to buy a base with these 9cm slats but sold the slatted base by them ignoring their own advice on their website. And we are in the wrong?

The only mistake we made were trusting Furniture Village and homeserve furniture repairs.

I only wish we had read all the negative reviews before hand and listened to them.

Below in the photos you will see the base they sold us and a photo right above it wit the slatted base advertised on the website with 14 slats missing, next one is 9cm gaps in between the slats when the furniture village website warn not to buy a slatted base with more than 7cm gap, yet they still sold us one with a 9cm gap. The mind boggles, really?

michaele1016
January 14th, 2021

The salesman gave varying delivery dates but our settee and chair did eventually turn up a few weeks late. It was quickly assembled on site and started to some apart after a few weeks. This is bad for a £2k item. Now waiting for their outsourced company Castalan to come and fix it - NEVER USE THIS COMPANY

Tip for consumers:
All good

Settee and chair

francob13
June 20th, 2017

Firstly I cannot contain my happiness with how the whole purchase was handled first class

The initial sales service was sublime... With a young slimey sales person slithering over upon seeing another potential victim almost before we had finished parking our car... It was like a scene from the lost boys as they descended on me and the wife like hungry jackals

After successfully fighting them off with crucifixes and holy water we carried on with our perusal of the fine hand made furniture... that to be honest on closer inspection must have been made in a cave by a limbless blind malnourished child on 10p a day

Sadly my wife caught view of something she liked... They must have some retina scanning equipment or lasers that picked up the enlarged pupil as she gave of that most primitive sign of attraction and pleasing...

Again swarms... no a plague of sales assistants rained down on us in a deluge not seen since biblical times, like locusts... We were knee deep in the disgusting slime that oozed from every orifice...

Immediately they honed in on my wife having detected her vulnerability... I fought with them with every last out centre of strength and more... so much more... but alas it was not enough I fought in vain against the vomit enducing compliments and smarmyness till eventually the tide was to strong and she was swept into the bedroom suite area like and injured sea bird unable to fight against the current

I will never forget the look of total loss and terror as she was eventually dragged to her inevitable purchase... It haunts my dreams till my last day... After much negotiation and contract signing I secured the release of my terrified spouse... at such a high price... to high you might think... but she is the love of my life... and my soul and happiness for the next three months was a price I was willingly going to sacrifice to rescue her from their sweaty hands

What follows is a tale deciet and dishonesty of an epic scale greater and to be come more revered than homers oddessey

It came as such a shock to us after the attentive sales teams had promised us the stars and planets and eternal happiness in their sales patter, we were awaiting our lottery win, the invitations to Buckingham palace, film stars and music legends popping around for afternoon tea... but surely as these never showed up... nor did our bedroom suite...

Fortunately for us we had disposed of our old suite because unexpectedly our bedroom would only hold the one bedroom suite... entirely our own fault for not living in a stately home with bedrooms of hundreds of sqr meters

Initially contact with staff was as easy as their dishonesty and yarns fell from their snake like mouths

The saying "tomorrow never comes" has never been so apparently true as when you ever have the misfortune of dealing with Ipswich furniture whare"ismyfurniture"house

Unfortunately after several missed delivery dates due to earth quakes... tears in space time... quantum entanglement... Our suite never seemed to actually arrive at our abode... from being on route to we have lost your items in the space of 10th minutes is remarkable as we only live 10 miles from the store and there is only one road access to our village... of course if it was being air dropped by helicopter it could be plausible as we do have an awful problem with roaming bands of hill bandits armed with surface to air javelin missiles

After countless missed deliveries and countless stories of woe and misfortune... All of the managers took to holidaying in the triangular area of Bermuda... apparently there us no access or phones available in this area and it became increasingly hard to contact

After nearly 3 months we have very kindly received a mattress to date... The red cross have offered us a tent and a camp bed to ease our plight but my wife is so ashamed and feels as if somehow she is to blame that we have not accepted their kind offer of assistance

So nearly 3 months down the line we are held to ransomed by the cleverly worded terms and conditions... I never saw the small print... its in french... It reads... $#*! you we've got your money your furniture will come when we can be $#*!ing arsed to bring it to you... do excuse my french I am a bit rusty

So all in all if you like to receive rough anal sex by an uncaring lover I highly recommend Ipswich furniture whare"ismyfurniture"house

kulanu1
December 24th, 2020

Warning! This company(Furniture Village Staines) is selling poor Quality, QC Unapproved Approved, Safety Critical issue and Health Risk SOFAs and the store management are cheaters. I can't believe, How he can sell an faulty ex-Display Sofas to a patient. First instant, It shouldn't be displayed on the retail floor

My Wife is Rheumatoid Arthritis and Crohn's patients. She wanted to a recliner and A relaxing Sofa. I went to see Sofas Furniture Village Staines and Brought one Ex-Displayed five seaters. The price was advertised as £995. I checked the external martials fibric and looks fine with me. I've asked the salesmen in details on any faulty the magnesium or issue or even ripped. He told me this is an ex-displayed one, its close to brand new. Since I was in a rush, I told my wife to ask them if the management is happy with Sum of £900. The Store Manager in Staines, with out any hesitation he agreed. She paid full amount. We were so happy about the sofa and collected the after a week.

When we started to place the sofa in our drawing room we found number of holes on underneath each sofa set. The fibric underneath the Sofa has been ripped by a person. Mainly on the relaxing Sofa, when I had a look through the hole I found the springs are hanging on the balance, there is not support. Lucky me, I only the person sat on the sofa and found Safety critical issue. Imagine, what happen if my daughter sat on the sofa? She should have injured herself.

I have attached lots of photo

Products used:
Not sure yet but it’s not usable condition

francesf114
November 29th, 2020

Just found out Furniture Village voted "bed retailer of the year " what a joke we paid £2000 for a hypnos bed plus headboard the mattress had to be changed it failed a special test, when we went back to choose another one, it was suggested we pay a usage charge! They were no help with making a new choice of new mattress just saying pick one. We chose one asking if it needed turning, we were told no just rotating regularly NO mention was made about turning until we received the new mattress which is extremely heavy we are both in our late sixties. Now less than 1year later the headboard has snapped time for another conversation please avoid them. It's not, unfortunately possible to give less than one star

abua26
July 8th, 2020

Bought a mattress for my special need child. Found out later on the same size mattress will not go through my staircase as there is two sharp bend. Had to return another mattress from ikea for same reason. Tried to call furniture village not to send the mattress and to refund. Gone through voice mail, left message, a very rude lady said it's ready and I have to pay 100% of mattress price as cancellation fees as it has been made. Finally told me to speak to manager of the branch. I called today, they said they gonna call me back tomorrow.
I am a NHS doctor, I am extremely busy, on night shift on that time. But I had to keep me wake up to get the phone call back, which never came. I had to chase them several times before getting someone to speak to again and got the answer that they have ordered it, so no return and no matter it will fit my stair case or not, they will deliver it.

anniet66
January 16th, 2020

Very happy to take your money, but after sale service terrible.and no access to anyone to deal with the complaint. I won't be recommending anyone to shop there. I can think of much better stores to shop at.

jackiew333
June 2nd, 2021

Ordered a leather recliner from Furniture Village, after trying it out in the shop. Had to wait several weeks for it to arrive. The recliner that arrived was hard and uncomfortable, not at all like the one in the shop. Will not be buying from Furniture Village again, and would not recommend.

gracek160
August 23rd, 2020

Had my sofa stayed the same as when I purchased it I would have been happy. But, after only 6 months of light use we noticed the seats were starting to sag and were loosing the support. By 12 months old it was really uncomfortable. I contacted furniture village and after chasing a few times I was told someone would come out and assess the sofa. Homeserve arrived to look at the sofa but as there was no damage they said there was no problem and I was informed that the sofa is designed to be like this. It was described as "hammock" like so you fall into the middle. Not sure who buys a sofa to become like this after just 6 months?! Had we been informed of this we definitely would not have purchased it. For a sofa that retails at over £1600 for a 2 seater this is not what we expected. Homeserve did say they could add some supports in but couldn't get hold of furniture village for authorisation. Furniture village eventually contacted me to say no fault was found so they wouldn't be doing anything else. I gave up in the end and my husband has rebuilt the inside of the sofa. I will not be buying from furniture village again.

danielm2582
May 28th, 2021

Had an absolutely horrendous experience with the Wednesbury store. Ordered a sofa in store, waited the 8 weeks for delivery and when it arrived it was the wrong one. I called the store on the day of delivery and was told to email in with my query. I emailed in that night and called the store the next day. I was told the sales person (Samantha Sault) wasn't in and my details were passed on for her to call me back. This never happened so I went back into the store to see her. I explained that the sofa that had been delivers was the wrong one. She said it was the wrong, that she remembered what I ordered and the fact that the sofa that was delivered wasn't even in on display in the showroom. She said to leave it with her to arrange for the correct one to be ordered and delivered and the wrong one taken away. I hadn't herd back in over a week so I called today and was told that because the delivered sofa had been signed for I would have no choice but to either pay a £500 return fee to cancel it or another £500 to get the sofa that I ordered. This is not acceptable at all as I made you aware, within 24 hours that the sofa was wrong and you had dragged you heals so long in attempting to bluff me out of a solution that it has now past the 14 day period when I could return it, penalty free. I believe this was an underhand tactic done deliverability to hide your mistake in ordering the wrong item.

anandp22
June 28th, 2020

I ordered about 3k worth of furniture in December 2019 with an estimated 12 week delivery. One of the items was a dining table with some chairs, delivery was understandably delayed as a result of the COVID 19 crisis. The table was delivered 2 months ago without the chairs - the direct debit payments are being taken out for items I have not received. I was advised in April that the chairs would come in May, I was advised in may that they would come in June and I have been advised today that the store doesn't know when they will come.

The one star review is for the customer service, or lack thereof, that I have received from the WATFORD branch. No one answers the phone, I left 5 messages across this week for a call back and didn't get one. I finally managed to speak to someone yesterday who assured me the manager ROB would call me back yesterday - he didn't. I finally got round to speaking to him today after calling AGAIN and he said he was "too busy to call me back yesterday or today", he'd chase my order but would be "too busy to call me back tomorrow so another member of staff would".

WHAT A JOKE. Delays are understandable, disregard for customers is not. The service is great when you're shopping but once you've ordered and paid don't expect any interest from the team in helping you. Everyone has excuses and there is an absolute lack of accountability.

patriciaf183
August 23rd, 2018

Sold as a live edge table - one in shop wavy edge but nicely finished. You can get splinters from ours. The table top veneer has been badly repaired in places. In others it is lifting and the veneer panels are splitting away from each other. Gouge out of top. To be fair - the manufacturers have agreed to replace but in common with other reviewers the "customer service" is very poor. The coffee table is now splitting apart - we have had these items just over a month! Await with interest the new dining table.

stevec635
July 13th, 2019

After 3 months the veneer on our lamp table has lifted. I sent customer services photos. We were told that we had spilt liquid on the table although we bought a coffee table for drinks. They didn't want to see the table so how can they tell. It couldn't possibly be poor build quality. They will do nothing about this problem. If they had sealed the edge of the veneered panel this problem would never arise

aartig7
April 23rd, 2019

Bad furniture and worse customer service. I have bought furniture from here less than 2 years ago, had issues with parts (clips) which I reported a month ago. No updates so called back and they are refusing to come take a look or fix the parts even though it is still under parts guarantee.
Plan to goto the financial ombudsman to report this next

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Furniture Village staff and other customers.

Furniture Village offers great value furniture for the lounge, bedroom, dining room and kitchen with stores across the UK and a wide range available online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Furniture Village?

Have a question about Furniture Village?