FreeDating

FreeDating has a consumer rating of 2.36 stars from 11 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. FreeDating also ranks 122nd among Dating sites.

How would you rate FreeDating?

“So far so good..”

Misssy M.
9/13/19

Let's not forget this is a free site so you know you will have to sift out the good from the bad and as free sites go I think it's fine except too many are allowed without having a profile picture but you can just block them or change settings in mail to stop them contacting so that doesn't lose the site a point. I particularly like the warnings about sending sexual content in messages and an option shown for sexual chat sites if you prefer that sort of chat, I don't and it's a welcome change not to be bombarded with it and feel kind of protected from it. I've checked my email for this 'spamming' accusation from the site and so far not one of that type of email has been received. I also just contacted because I put the wrong location on my profile and was contacted back and rather quickly on how to solve the problem,which is a rarity from these types of sites.

“Dan is a fraud watch beware”

Lee B.
11/19/19

I 100%agree with David k. My account has been suspended for no reason I was new on here I been on for 3 days max by Dan. He is nasty noremource he show I said you accusing me show me evidence he not reply.all he is after is asking people for there real I'd send them in to him passport driving licence etc.no way how can you Dan no one no you who are you and don't you dare ask for people's personal belongings after you deliberately suspend their accounts. I requested to Dan he should leave freedating with immediate effect.he is not fit to run the site.and also people he fools you saying freedating customer team.there is no team he runs it on his own from he personally told me.the man is a con. Lee.

leeb422
November 19th, 2019

Tip for consumers: Get rid of Dan he is a fraud and a con who breeds on people's personal I'd by suspending there accounts without valid reason

ellenab
September 6th, 2019
After joining Freedating.co.uk, I was bombarded with spam emails of a sexual nature. My email address was obviously used to sell to scammers!!

I adhered to site's terms and conditions yet, for some reason I received a ban. Instead of my profile being removed from site, as one would expect, my details and photos were still available for other users to view. As I no longer had access to my account, there was no option to delete. When contacting 'Freedating.co.uk' to ask why I had received ban, the obnoxious creep, named Dan Winchester, refused to provide a reason for the ban. I explained that I adhered to T&Cs, to which he replied 'I can chose who I want and don't want on my site', thus confirming that said ban wasn't justified. Disgusting attitude!! I receive a ban, for no reason, yet Freedating.co.uk, won't remove my details and photos. Clearly just a scam site to obtain personal details!!
johnk1297
May 31st, 2019
not many members, and full of adverts, well it is free, and as such it ok ish..... but dont even think of sending any rude words, or any type of innuendo, even if your comment or the words you use maybe on the profile of the person you are messaging, you will get your account suspended, no chance of appeal. a real person reads your messages, to decide if you were rude, i can only imagine he is stuck in the Victorian age. save yourself some time and effort and join POF ot Twoo both are free and infinitely better sites
alexn2
September 1st, 2011
Not a bad site, not enough people who are online to really make it that interesting though..But stil, probably the best free dating site in the UK, so worth a look.
Dan W. – FreeDating Rep
Thank you for your review. Since you posted this we have done a big advertising campaign so if you check back you should hopefully fine more people.
stevenb764
October 10th, 2019
A lady i was chatting to started to get a bit nasty with me as i wouldnt meet her she did live 250.miles away .As i wouldnt meet her she complained to Freedating and got me barred from the site .No one wanted to listen to me or my side of the story ,
davidk780
January 22nd, 2019
Account suspended for no reason.
I attempted to join this site, filled my profile in as required and uploaded approx 5 photo's, the following day i logged in to be told my account was suspended and there was a list of guidelines it said i had breached, i went through the guidelines and there was nothing there that i had breached so i contacted them only to receive a response from a Dan Winchester informing me my account was linked to a fake account, now this was not possible, as anyone who 1st joins knows that your account remains invisible to other users untill it has been approved by the moderators of the site, so therefore no one other than the employees of Freedating.co.uk could have seen my profile or photo's to use for a fake account.
Dan Winchester is now insisting that i send them a photo ID with my DOB and full address, perfect for an ID fraud!! I will not be sending any photo ID and strongly advise anyone else not to should they get the same very odd request, Not only that, but they have locked me out of my account so i'm unable to delete my photo's that remain in their database, it's all a very odd set up indeed!
matts321
July 26th, 2018
I had my profile deleted for no reason. Just logged in one day and was gone. I didnt break any rules ect, Infact I was speaking to a couple different woman and things were going well. As i said, logged in and profile was perma deleted. $#*! site, con and the guys running it are a joke.
davyd8
October 29th, 2016
www.freedating.co.uk is a horrible dating site that's never ever been any good. Too much of a clique on the forums. Same old faces, year in, year out. No one answers messages, and no women post messages to guys. Avoid.
ashleys78
March 2nd, 2016
This is a nice and one of the few completely free dating sites. I like it because you are reasonably sure its just people from the UK. Although after saying that you can log in from other countries so who knows for sure. I think there are still a few selection of scammers and other questionable people on the site but as long as you use your common sense it seems pretty good.
Dan W. – FreeDating Rep
We try and strike a balance between allowing people to access from other countries, e.g. when working abroad or on holiday, whilst not allowing people who are based abroad, and therefore cannot physically go on dates. We use Scamalytics to fight scammers, and remove sex pests whenever they are reported to us.
misssym
September 13th, 2019
danielf15
October 5th, 2012
This is a very refreshing dating site. I have been delighted with the site and I would suggest it to others.
Dan W. – FreeDating Rep
Thank you for your kind words!

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the FreeDating staff and other customers.

FreeDating.co.uk, one of the most popular free dating sites in the UK. Free online dating with profile search and messaging.

Dan W.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FreeDating?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.4
Have a question about FreeDating?