FormSwift

FormSwift has a consumer rating of 4.36 stars from 6,764 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. FormSwift also ranks 8th among Legal Documents sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 85.1%
5,701

• I will take the trial even if it requires my card, all you have to do is cancel within 7 days and no charges.
  • False advertising to get to the end and require purchase

• Be aware when you are on their site and they ask for Credit Card information.
  • I called your customer service number and was assured I would only be billed for one month at $7.95.
How would you rate FormSwift?

“Everything was great other than making someone write...”

anonymous A.
4/2/20

Everything was great other than making someone write a quick message. Still very excited to use this product, simple, great and easy. Hopefully I can change fonts and apply logos so it doesn't look like legal fonts.

“UNETHICAL, FRAUDULENT COMPANY. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE!”

Charlotte F.
5/15/20

After signing up for their trial membership for $1.95, I received access to their glitchy software and immediately realized this was not going to work for my business. So I called FormSwift to cancel and was told there would be no further charges or action needed. Given that, I filed this away as complete and didn't give it a second thought. Months later, after doing an audit of my account, I now see that they continued to charge my account! I reached back out to customer service on 5.14.20, and "Tasha" claims that there was no record of my cancellation. How convenient. Especially when I now see HUNDREDS of similar negative reviews and complaints on the same issue. Now I continue to receive automated emails that are asking for my bank account, routing number, and address (!!!) so they can provide a refund. Why would I ever give them confidential banking information!?! They were able to charge my credit card monthly without it, they should be able to provide a refund easily!

Reviews (6,764)

credit card (33) customer service (15) business plan (6) 7 days (6) 12 months (5) time charge (6) google search (6) credit card number (4) shopping experience (4) year subscription (5) false advertising (4) business owner (4)
anonymousa995
anonymous A.
April 2nd, 2020
cd266
C D.
May 9th, 2020
Verified purchase
VERY user friendly , well organized , and pertinent legal info. Good range of topics & professionally done. finding Formswift was a blessing & highly recommend their products !!
ellestineq
Ellestine q.
May 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
I was very impressed with the process so far and will be using your service to assist me in my business. Thank you, have a great day!
charlottef85
May 15th, 2020
danr197
Dan R.
May 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
Nice. That's what I said when I bought it. However, I am having difficulty dealing with text boxes all over the sheets, it's a big hassle. I sort of understand that's how you build the docs but it seems that once your done there should be some sort of tool to clear the boxes but leave the text intact and editable.
markz153
Mark Z.
January 9th, 2020
Verified purchase
This was easy and great to use. A huge time saver. Worth the money by far. Did not have to reinvent the wheel. PERFECT with more options us chose from.
anonymousr806
anonymous R.
March 20th, 2020
Verified purchase
It’s a big help and saved me a lot if I have it done by other legal preparation office. Thanks much!
jackm644
Jack M.
May 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
Quick, clean, and easy. I looked at alternatives and find that FormSwift was the easiest to use and offered the best financial deal with the $89 annual access option. Also called customer service and was met by a very friendly and professional fellow who answered my questions with confidence.
muhammada243
April 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase
The preparation of my business plan was so very easy! Thank you so much for a great experience. It did not turn out to be a free service after all. Yet, I am pleased because you offer so many more forms that I can utilize.
catrinab8
March 5th, 2020
After first completing a document that Formswift made fillable, that I thought was "free" as they advertise, I then had to sign up and give them my cc info to get the document that was being held hostage.
Then once I did this, the pdf is too large to be downloaded.
Their suggestion? Print it out and complete by hand!!!!
What a joke of a company whose premise is that they've made documents fillable to ease completion.
francesv27
Frances V.
June 17th, 2020
Verified purchase
Thank you for making this easy and legal. We have little knowledge in this area of family death. Fran Remillard
irinas60
April 10th, 2020
It said forms are 100% FREE. Not true! After filling out my document for 20 minutes, they asked me to pay $59 to print or export the form!! It's a trap. Don't use this company!!!
jolenem28
January 14th, 2020
Not to keen on having to look at biased political agendas from businesses - I will go elsewhere. No thank you.
anonymousn877
anonymous N.
June 11th, 2020
Verified purchase
Didn't know it was going to charge me when I started the the wizard. Sort of got pushed into buying this.
toddw206
TODD W.
February 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
First time to use Formswift and pretty easy so far - will see when I get the documents and can check it out.
connore11
January 26th, 2020
Isn't actually free, false advertised. Waste of time setting up your form to have to opt in after account created. Even the "free trial" costs 1.95
markf1058
Mark F.
June 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
You advertise as free. So technically it’s bate and switch.
Don’t know if document will work or not.
Places always want a review before one can form a good opinion.
gregf186
Greg F.
January 7th, 2020
Verified purchase
Now with the new Laws in California with Independent Contractors I hope that your forms are up to date.
patriciag252
Patricia G.
May 17th, 2020
Verified purchase
WTH - I was never shown my invoice before you had a agrogance to bill for it. Really, now you want me to give you a rating before I ever see the invoice. I not only will give a lowest rating, I am cancelling my subscription. You did not ask for the or name of the client! You do not have an address or phone number to text it to. What am I to think? That you are overly confident that your cryptic fill in the blanks would work without allowing or inviting review? I am going back to Square. Cancel my subscription and give me a full refund.
anonymoust861
anonymous T.
June 25th, 2020
Verified purchase
It's a bit of a bait and switch because the website said free documents, but I had to buy something to get it.
anonymousg844
anonymous G.
April 29th, 2020
Verified purchase
very complicated and asks for some information which is not yet available I assume I will be able to update
anonymousu791
anonymous U.
December 31st, 2019
Verified purchase
Everything was simplified. Was looking for a section on personal and sick days. Didn't find anything.
lindyd7
lindy D.
May 1st, 2020
Verified purchase
Navigating around wasn't intuitive for me - - 'Mark' replied quickly on the online chat and helped me find what I needed.
ladonnab14
January 15th, 2020
I canceled my account during the trial I still had to pay $1.82 so its definitely not free!!! After canceling I got a confirmation email saying NO FURTHER charges would be taken from my account and the next day BAM they took $29.95 . So I called and spoke with "Kari" and she said she couldn't see the charge and asked if I was sure it was formswift ! It says formswift.com right next to the charge on my account so yea I'm very sure! I better get my money back!
matthewg721
Matthew G.
April 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
I was authorizing a $7.99 charge for a one-year subscription to your site and was billed $89.99 at check out. I hate these kinds of unscrupulous methods to get consumers to unwittingly pay money for things they do not want and did not ask for. Ditto for recurring payments. Please refund this amount immediately.

No. After I agreed to pay $1.95 for one day's use, I filled out the 1099 form and printed it. The form says its just a 1099 information for and warned you cannot submit it to the IRS or you will be charged penalties. I looked up the IRS regs and you can only submit a 1099 form to the IRS that you order from the IRS. FormSwift's 1099 information form is worthless so selling it as if it was the real IRS 1099 form is a scam. Worse, I only agreed to pay $1.95 but FormSwift charged my credit card $39.00. I disputed the charge today with my credit card company who gave me a $39.00 credit it says is permanent. It was a complete rip-off.

By Joe T.

I used the privacy app so they won't have a chance to charge me again.